THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lsatcrazy

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby lsatcrazy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Dear UVA,

I decided to take option 3: Withdraw and attend a school where students don't wear unemployment t-shirts to ASW...

Cornelius

Postby Cornelius » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:20 am

Dear UVA,

I wish I could say I'm "disappointed and confused" by your waitlist, but really it doesn't faze me in the least. Of all the T14 schools, you're the equivalent of that guy a few years out of college who still thinks things like beer pong are really cool and brags endlessly about how he could drink everyone else under the table. Frankly, the sense of "community" I hear regarding your school sounds much more like everyone attending simply doesn't want to move on from college or grow up. So enjoy your Natty Lite, I'll go hang out with the grown-ups elsewhere.

Oh, and softball sucks.

Cornelius

Byzantine

Postby Byzantine » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:36 am

Cornelius wrote:Dear UVA,

I wish I could say I'm "disappointed and confused" by your waitlist, but really it doesn't faze me in the least. Of all the T14 schools, you're the equivalent of that guy a few years out of college who still thinks things like beer pong are really cool and brags endlessly about how he could drink everyone else under the table. Frankly, the sense of "community" I hear regarding your school sounds much more like everyone attending simply doesn't want to move on from college or grow up. So enjoy your Natty Lite, I'll go hang out with the grown-ups elsewhere.

Oh, and softball sucks.

Cornelius

this one has the harsh ring truth

Postby 1212 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:40 am

dingbat wrote:Dear UPenn,

I know my brother dumped you after a year and went somewhere exotic, while my cousin's fellowship really was a short-term fling.
That doesn't mean I wouldn't be willing to commit, even if philly really is the ugly stepsister of the east coast. Just because Boston has more class, NY has more money, and DC is popular, that doesn't mean that I woulnd't be willing to settle, at least, for a few years.
Of course, your country cousins in connecticut might be more desirable, but I figured, well, it is easier to get into your campus.

I must ask, was it my breath? I wouldn't expect you to be able to smell the difference, considering your neighbourhood.

excellence.

pupshaw

Postby pupshaw » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:41 pm

dingbat wrote:Dear UPenn,

I know my brother dumped you after a year and went somewhere exotic, while my cousin's fellowship really was a short-term fling.
That doesn't mean I wouldn't be willing to commit, even if philly really is the ugly stepsister of the east coast. Just because Boston has more class, NY has more money, and DC is popular, that doesn't mean that I woulnd't be willing to settle, at least, for a few years.
Of course, your country cousins in connecticut might be more desirable, but I figured, well, it is easier to get into your campus.

I must ask, was it my breath? I wouldn't expect you to be able to smell the difference, considering your neighbourhood.

You've never actually met someone from Boston, have you?

UtilityMonster

Postby UtilityMonster » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:50 pm

I didn't even bother applying to UVA because of the reputation it has for being so pretentious. That email just confirms exactly what I thought "you, of course, must be terribly disappointed that we don't want you!" After being at Vanderbilt for so long, I've had quite enough of that, tyvm.

accidentalhippy

Postby accidentalhippy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:48 pm

Dear Cornell,

Is it true you have posted guards to keep would-be suicides away from tall buildings on campus?

I'm sorry, that's way too much drama for me.

Peace. Out.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Dear Cornell:

I only applied to you because you were the bottom of the T14 and I wanted to cover all my bases. Why the fuck would I want to live in shITTThaca? I want to be an attorney, not an eskimo. Compared to you, Chicago is the bahamas. At least when it comes to wintertime next year my California ass will still be warmer than SOMEONE.

Yours truly,

Crumps

ucbkenn

Postby ucbkenn » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:30 pm

UCLA,

I am dinging myself off of your waitlist. SO LONG GAY BOYZZZ!

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:32 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote: I want to be an attorney, not an eskimo.

benito

Postby benito » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:35 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Dear Cornell:

I only applied to you because you were the bottom of the T14 and I wanted to cover all my bases. Why the fuck would I want to live in shITTThaca? I want to be an attorney, not an eskimo. Compared to you, Chicago is the bahamas. At least when it comes to wintertime next year my California ass will still be warmer than SOMEONE.

Yours truly,

Crumps

but you know amiga, DC is much warmer than Chicago:)

ironrenegade21

Postby ironrenegade21 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:44 pm

ucbkenn wrote:UCLA,

+1 this just made my day.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Dany wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote: I want to be an attorney, not an eskimo.

:lol: We all know I love all the eskimos I meet, though!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
benito wrote:but you know amiga, DC is much warmer than Chicago:)

That IS true...but I don't know that DC holds the same allure for me as Chicago does. :wink:

hob12

Postby hob12 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Dear GW-

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Your like that hot sophomore guy I had a crush on as a freshman in high school. I had acne and still had no reason to wear a bra. You were funny and popular. Yet, for some reason you would flirt with me in the halls and in math class (because you failed freshman year). I was sure we'd be together forever, but you wait-listed me when I applied for undergrad. As I watched you walk away with that slutty busty blond I swore I was rid of you.
But over the years I simply couldn't get you out of my head. Sure, I was with someone who treated me right and was much better (according to U.S. news) but your location and charm stuck with me. Even thought I've moved on, I still had to see you over summer breaks because I worked in your town, and every summer, you put me in the dorm right across from the law school. It's not my fault, I didn't want to live together, you were just the cheapest summer housing. You invited me into your sunny quad and told me things would be different. You told me that even though you normally don't take girls with numbers like mine, I was different, I was interesting, I was experienced, the type of girl you show off to your friends. We had it good for a while, and you courted me like a gentleman. You see, now I was making plans, and talking about our future, because I thought you had changed. Yesterday I saw you with that girl from high school, she's gained weight, but I know she puts out. I knew when I got your message this morning that the dream was over. I guess I've known it for awhile now.
I guess this is a good time to tell you I'm moving on. I met your friend Washington and Lee a few weeks ago at a bar in Lexington and he invited me to say with him for three years. I haven't answered him yet because my childhood friend Villanova asked me to stop by as well, and he's quite a gentleman, he offered to pick up the whole tab. You never paid when we went out.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not in high school anymore, and I can do better.

Much Love,
Hob

P.S. I know you only sat next to me in math was because you were copping my exams.

MrShneebly

Postby MrShneebly » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:22 pm

LOL

un-vordox

Postby un-vordox » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:46 pm

hob12 wrote:Dear GW-

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Your like that hot sophomore guy I had a crush on as a freshman in high school. I had acne and still had no reason to wear a bra. You were funny and popular. Yet, for some reason you would flirt with me in the halls and in math class (because you failed freshman year). I was sure we'd be together forever, but you wait-listed me when I applied for undergrad. As I watched you walk away with that slutty busty blond I swore I was rid of you.
But over the years I simply couldn't get you out of my head. Sure, I was with someone who treated me right and was much better (according to U.S. news) but your location and charm stuck with me. Even thought I've moved on, I still had to see you over summer breaks because I worked in your town, and every summer, you put me in the dorm right across from the law school. It's not my fault, I didn't want to live together, you were just the cheapest summer housing. You invited me into your sunny quad and told me things would be different. You told me that even though you normally don't take girls with numbers like mine, I was different, I was interesting, I was experienced, the type of girl you show off to your friends. We had it good for a while, and you courted me like a gentleman. You see, now I was making plans, and talking about our future, because I thought you had changed. Yesterday I saw you with that girl from high school, she's gained weight, but I know she puts out. I knew when I got your message this morning that the dream was over. I guess I've known it for awhile now.
I guess this is a good time to tell you I'm moving on. I met your friend Washington and Lee a few weeks ago at a bar in Lexington and he invited me to say with him for three years. I haven't answered him yet because my childhood friend Villanova asked me to stop by as well, and he's quite a gentleman, he offered to pick up the whole tab. You never paid when we went out.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not in high school anymore, and I can do better.

Much Love,
Hob

P.S. I know you only sat next to me in math was because you were copping my exams.

a bit long, but very nice!

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:50 pm

hob12 wrote: I met your friend Washington and Lee a few weeks ago at a bar in Lexington and he invited me to say with him for three years. I haven't answered him yet because my childhood friend Villanova asked me to stop by as well, and he's quite a gentleman, he offered to pick up the whole tab. You never paid when we went out.

Much Love,
Hob

are you really still considering Villanova? I thought after all the scandals qualified candidates would stop going there. I'd be scared that they might lose accreditation halfway through my three years.

ColtsFan88

Postby ColtsFan88 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:12 pm

ironrenegade21 wrote:

+1 this just made my day.

+2

Real Madrid

Postby Real Madrid » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:37 pm

UVA, I'd love to write you a ding for rejecting me a few months back, but you honestly aren't worth the time or effort. Huzzah, bitches!

dclaw2015

Postby dclaw2015 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:30 am

hob12 wrote:Dear GW-

Much Love,
Hob

Haha!!! well said.

DonnaDraper

Postby DonnaDraper » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Dear Duke*,

I never tried to go out with you, but I just wanted to please ask you to LEAVE ME ALONE. Three months ago, when I was single and ready to mingle, you could have had me. Instead, you chose to ignore me. You gave other girls free dates and did not even look twice at me. With a select group of hotties you moved very fast, sealing the deal in only a couple of weeks. It's okay though. I wasn't that offended at the time. You were also one of the many. I could tell you weren't that interested, and since you were not exactly at the top of my list, I moved on quickly. You are clearly an ass man, and while I have pretty nice boobs, I knew my ass just was not going to cut it for you. Luckily, in December I landed the man of my dreams and am now in a committed relationship with him. This is when you have decided to enter my life. Free dinner offers? Love letters in the mail? It's January. I know you are not desperate because you have a list of quality girls on the side, just waiting for you to make some moves. All you want with me is a quick fling. Just enough to check me out and see what I am made of only to kick me to the curb when you are done. Well GUESS WHAT? IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. I love my man, and he is way better than the likes of you. See ya never, I hope. Durham sucks.

-Donna

*Not really a ding, but all their recent fake love so they can pad their selectivity ratings was really pissing me off.

itsmelissaaa

Postby itsmelissaaa » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:21 pm

Beautiful.

Cornelius

Postby Cornelius » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:39 pm

JoeMo wrote:I'd be scared that they might lose accreditation halfway through my three years.

LOL. Because the ABA has proven to be such an involved regulatory force concerning law schools.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Dear UVA,

I was tso excited to post in the ding bar for the first time, but you went ahead and dinged me half an hour after my NU acceptance, when not a fuck was given.

Meh,
Scarlet

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:50 pm

Cornelius wrote:
JoeMo wrote:I'd be scared that they might lose accreditation halfway through my three years.

LOL. Because the ABA has proven to be such an involved regulatory force concerning law schools.

This is very true. But they might be looking for someone to make a scapegoat soon. Although that might be the Thomas Jefferson School of Law.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”