THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chrisbru

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby chrisbru » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:26 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
DaftAndDirect wrote:
Woof. Fair. Methinks I'll take a break from this thread.

You should. Take a break from saying "methinks" too.

Okay everyone... let's not become dicks. If we are in the DING bar we need support not criticism... even if it is meant to be a joke

You clearly don't get jokes. Or need to reread my post in its intended form.

Rawlberto wrote:Do I hit on Dany or des? You are both ladies after my entitled heart.

I recommend Dany. Des is convinced she is engaged. You don't want that kind of delusional lady in your life.

ETA: Des, love the gif. Priceless.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:28 pm

Rawlberto wrote:Do I hit on Dany or des? You are both ladies after my entitled heart.

Dany OR Des?

Magnifique1908

Postby Magnifique1908 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:32 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:

Dany OR Des?

TCR - AND

I thought you guys were fun....stop ruining the bar....I mean the ding bar

Rawlberto

Postby Rawlberto » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:35 pm

We are fun, we merely got derailed for a bit.

aarias11

Postby aarias11 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:51 pm

You should. Take a break from saying "methinks" too.[/quote]
+1

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:23 pm

chrisbru wrote:

I recommend Dany. Des is convinced she is engaged. You don't want that kind of delusional lady in your life.

iowastud, you are my favorite.

rawl, thank you for your consideration of my request, but I understand this has been a record year for applications, and you cannot come close to admitting every hopeful into your loving arms. Therefore, even though it was not the news I wanted to hear initially, I have been put on a waitlist, contingent on Dany's response, since she will contribute more to the growth and rigor of your penis.

crumpledq

Postby crumpledq » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:39 pm

Ouch, no love for your very first defender?

j/k I'm married, it's all good ;)

Rawlberto

Postby Rawlberto » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:58 pm

I'm not above being a homewrecker ;)

whirledpeas86

Postby whirledpeas86 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:27 am

Rawlberto wrote:Dear Michigan,

Thanks for sending me back here, always a great feeling. I will always remember MLK day as the day Michigan found the courage to ding a URM. Go fuck yourself.

:( :( :( :(

doppelganger

Postby doppelganger » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:55 am

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

rawl, thank you for your consideration of my request, but I understand this has been a record year for applications, and you cannot come close to admitting every hopeful into your loving arms. Therefore, even though it was not the news I wanted to hear initially, I have been put on a waitlist, contingent on Dany's response, since she will contribute more to the growth and rigor of your penis.

Is it really record year? I was under the impression applicant numbers were down. I have been getting fee waivers from schools my numbers are not strong enough for and thought this might be the reason.

FTR, already have one ding notch in the leathery belt, but feel I may jinx myself if I write ding bar entry before hearing back from othet schools (all reaches).

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:57 am

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
chrisbru wrote:

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:59 am

Sorry. Should have added the caveat: that was loosely based on my waitlist email from UVA during 2010-2011 cycle. Very loosely. As loose as say.... [choose your own adventure!]

Rawlberto

Postby Rawlberto » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:52 am

Des, that was next level.

Peas, I know :( I am only two weeks removed from receiving my LSAT score and it has been a god damn blood bath.

genius5432

Postby genius5432 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:32 am

What is the etymology of "Ding" being used to mean rejected from law school? I can't seem to figure out why this term is used.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:46 am

descartesb4thehorse wrote:Sorry. Should have added the caveat: that was loosely based on my waitlist email from UVA during 2010-2011 cycle. Very loosely. As loose as say.... [choose your own adventure!]

Can we recruit Crumps (since she's so bored) and come up with a chain of lounge threads that link to each other, old school choose your own adventure book style?

natcas90

Postby natcas90 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:32 pm

Dear UVA,

Your breathless, melodramatic email notifying me that I'm on your waitlist gave me a good chuckle at work today. No, I'm not "disappointed and confused" by your offer. I'm rather indifferent, truth be told, for a more charming suitor has already won my heart.

I'll call you sometime from Hyde Park.

XOXO,
natcas90

aarias11

Postby aarias11 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:47 pm

What up University of Michigan,
Hey is it cool if I tell my friends and family that you put me on the waitlist and then I just decided to withdraw? I was really counting on you to come thru for me on this one so I can bargain better scholly offers from other schools but its cool I ain't even mad at cha.

ralph_pootawn

Postby ralph_pootawn » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:57 pm

natcas90 wrote:Dear UVA,

Your breathless, melodramatic email notifying me that I'm on your waitlist gave me a good chuckle at work today. No, I'm not "disappointed and confused" by your offer. I'm rather indifferent, truth be told, for a more charming suitor has already won my heart.

XOXO,
natcas90

+1

hookem12

Postby hookem12 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:31 pm

ralph_pootawn wrote:
natcas90 wrote:Dear UVA,

XOXO,
natcas90

+1

+2 for "disappointed and confused" - sounds like UVA forgot whether they were writing a romance novel or a WL e-mail.

Errzii

Postby Errzii » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Can someone post the WL email from UVA, I'm really curious now.

Ernert

Postby Ernert » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:41 pm

UVA Ad Comm wrote:Dear XXXXXX,

[Some stuff about competitive app pool, and noting we are on WL]

Based upon applicant behavior in past years, we anticipate that those who are being invited to be on our wait list will respond in one of two ways:

(1) I am very interested in Virginia Law and will be pleased to consider an offer of admission whenever it may come.

(2) I am disappointed and confused. I already have been admitted to many great law schools. I need to make my decision now and do not want to wait for Virginia.

[Info about first reaction]

If your response is the second option, we would appreciate your letting us know that you do not wish to wait with us. You are a talented candidate. We know you will excel in your legal studies and contribute much to our profession. We appreciate the interest you have shown in Virginia Law and wish you great success in your personal and professional endeavors.

Anyways, +3 on the WL, and glad that my least favorite of the MVP decided to WL me after I got into the other two :D

Dany

Postby Dany » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:49 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ that WL email.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Dear UPenn,

I know my brother dumped you after a year and went somewhere exotic, while my cousin's fellowship really was a short-term fling.
That doesn't mean I wouldn't be willing to commit, even if philly really is the ugly stepsister of the east coast. Just because Boston has more class, NY has more money, and DC is popular, that doesn't mean that I woulnd't be willing to settle, at least, for a few years.
Of course, your country cousins in connecticut might be more desirable, but I figured, well, it is easier to get into your campus.

I must ask, was it my breath? I wouldn't expect you to be able to smell the difference, considering your neighbourhood.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:59 pm

Ernert wrote:
UVA Ad Comm wrote:Dear XXXXXX,

[Some stuff about competitive app pool, and noting we are on WL]

Based upon applicant behavior in past years, we anticipate that those who are being invited to be on our wait list will respond in one of two ways:

(1) I am very interested in Virginia Law and will be pleased to consider an offer of admission whenever it may come.

(2) I am disappointed and confused. I already have been admitted to many great law schools. I need to make my decision now and do not want to wait for Virginia.

[Info about first reaction]

If your response is the second option, we would appreciate your letting us know that you do not wish to wait with us. You are a talented candidate. We know you will excel in your legal studies and contribute much to our profession. We appreciate the interest you have shown in Virginia Law and wish you great success in your personal and professional endeavors.

Anyways, +3 on the WL, and glad that my least favorite of the MVP decided to WL me after I got into the other two :D

Wow, my waitlist e-mail (I was waitlisted in November) did not include this language. But it sounds awfully pretentious and self-righteous. Fuck UVA

accidentalhippy

Postby accidentalhippy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:03 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:I wonder if any admissions offices will stay open today to reject URMs on MLK Day.

Yes. And with that, Big Blue, I bid you adieu!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”