THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crumpledq

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby crumpledq » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:45 pm

crumpledq wrote:Dear GW,

I was accepted at Georgetown over a month ago, but you felt the need to WL me today. Good luck to you and to your class of 2015, who have to compete against my GULC or NYU degree in the job market.

Love,

CQ

UPDATE: Or UVA degree.

I am still pissed at you, GW. This grudge WILL be held. Forever.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:57 pm

UCBerkeley:

I understand that it was a long shot at best. I am honored to have you be my first ding of the cycle, and I wish the Boalt class of 2015 the best.

Oh wait...who am I kidding...OKAY BOALT. What is this. WHAT. IS. THIS. What, am I too liberal for you?

ETA: sorry for the lack of entertaining snark. Sick vpintz = lack of snark.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:27 pm

ralph_pootawn wrote:Yeah that's what I was going for. Poor execution on my part

It was pretty good execution. Sometimes it's hard for people to detect subtlety on the internet, though (often, not by their own fault). Loved it. :lol:

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:40 pm

vpintz wrote:UCBerkeley:

I understand that it was a long shot at best. I am honored to have you be my first ding of the cycle, and I wish the Boalt class of 2015 the best.

Oh wait...who am I kidding...OKAY BOALT. What is this. WHAT. IS. THIS. What, am I too liberal for you?

Sorry to hijack the thread but did you find out via status checker, email or snail?

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:41 pm

JoeMo wrote:
vpintz wrote:UCBerkeley:

Sorry to hijack the thread but did you find out via status checker, email or snail?

It was via email, iirc.

Rawlberto

Postby Rawlberto » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Dear Michigan,

Thanks for sending me back here, always a great feeling. I will always remember MLK day as the day Michigan found the courage to ding a URM. Go fuck yourself.

Robespierre

Postby Robespierre » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:33 pm

Ford = a crappy vehicle.
Ham = a pig's meat.
Ergo, Fordham = a crappy school run by pigs.
Like I care that you dinged me.
They have to put "At Lincoln Center" on all their correspondence to remind people that they are on the Upper West Side. The flip side of this is that if the school were in Queens, it would basically be St. John's.
Dominus vobiscum, motherfuckers.

Ewin

Postby Ewin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:41 am

EMZE wrote:University of Michigan Ann Arbor,

You popped my ding cherry. I'd been around your adcomms office for the last few months and, admittedly, I have been hanging around the seedier side of the applicant pool. Nothing about my numerical standing as an applicant led me to believe you would make me yours so much as all the rumors about how gentle you were to soft applicants. You weren't easy on me though, and your ding was a lot bigger than I expected; I didn't know what I was in for and the double penetration "status checker/snail mail" trick really caught me from behind.

I'm not ashamed that you were my first, though I'll be the first to admit you could have been my last if your commitment was compelling enough to keep me off the market. Now I am left changing my sheets from the mess you left me with. Your daily updates really wore me down, so part of me is glad that its over for us.

But, thanks to you, I know that once I heal up I'll be able to have the shit dinged out of me and it won't be nearly so bad as my first.

This is awesome.

Also,

Dear University of Michigan Ann Arbor,

You were a reach for me, and your ding did not surprise me. Your "daily-updated-yet-not-supposed-to-mean-anything" status checker is too much for me to take, and I'm glad it's finally over./bitter

But I still 3< you

DaftAndDirect

Postby DaftAndDirect » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:49 am

Rawlberto wrote:Dear Michigan,

Thanks for sending me back here, always a great feeling. I will always remember MLK day as the day Michigan found the courage to ding a URM. Go fuck yourself.

Wow. Entitled much? I'm sorry to hear about the ding but jay-zus.

goldenflash19

Postby goldenflash19 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:32 am

^ +1. Seems like you're upset you didn't get preferential treatment on the basis of an ascribed characteristic. Not quite sure if this is what MLK's message was about...

crumpledq

Postby crumpledq » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:33 am

DaftAndDirect wrote:

I actually thought it was pretty funny. The Ding Bar is all about oozing entitlement and expressing contempt toward those you are too good for, anyway. (I'm looking at you, Fordham.)

sunynp

Postby sunynp » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:36 am

Lol- good use of the ding bar. ( but sorry to hear about the ding obviously.)

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:41 am

crumpledq wrote:
DaftAndDirect wrote:

I actually thought it was pretty funny. The Ding Bar is all about oozing entitlement and expressing contempt toward those you are too good for, anyway. (I'm looking at you, Fordham.)

I agree...give him a break

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:50 am

Good lord y'all have no sense of humor.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:52 am

crumpledq wrote:
DaftAndDirect wrote:

Indeed this is what the ding bar is supposed to be.

Onthebrink

Postby Onthebrink » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:58 am

gravityrides0 wrote:
EMZE wrote:University of Michigan Ann Arbor,

You popped my ding cherry. I'd been around your adcomms office for the last few months and, admittedly, I have been hanging around the seedier side of the applicant pool. Nothing about my numerical standing as an applicant led me to believe you would make me yours so much as all the rumors about how gentle you were to soft applicants. You weren't easy on me though, and your ding was a lot bigger than I expected; I didn't know what I was in for and the double penetration "status checker/snail mail" trick really caught me from behind.

I'm not ashamed that you were my first, though I'll be the first to admit you could have been my last if your commitment was compelling enough to keep me off the market. Now I am left changing my sheets from the mess you left me with. Your daily updates really wore me down, so part of me is glad that its over for us.

But, thanks to you, I know that once I heal up I'll be able to have the shit dinged out of me and it won't be nearly so bad as my first.

beautiful.

Tremendous! +5

Rawlberto

Postby Rawlberto » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:02 am

DaftAndDirect wrote:

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

DaftAndDirect

Postby DaftAndDirect » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:13 am

Look I'm not going to sit here and get defensive about this. I get the Ding Bar and its purpose, and I didn't like this post.

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:16 am

DaftAndDirect wrote:Look I'm not going to sit here and get defensive about this. I get the Ding Bar and its purpose, and I didn't like this post.

Except that you are?

Onthebrink

Postby Onthebrink » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:16 am

DaftAndDirect wrote:Look I'm not going to sit here and get defensive about this. I get the Ding Bar and its purpose, and I didn't like this post.

haha FALSE.

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:18 am

It would take heaps of courage to ding someone like rawl, and the ladies of tls are nothing if not cowards.

--ImageRemoved--

DaftAndDirect

Postby DaftAndDirect » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:30 am

Dany wrote:

Except that you are?

Woof. Fair. Methinks I'll take a break from this thread.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:11 pm

DaftAndDirect wrote:
Dany wrote:

Except that you are?

You should. Take a break from saying "methinks" too.

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:20 pm

chrisbru wrote:
DaftAndDirect wrote:
Dany wrote:

Except that you are?

You should. Take a break from saying "methinks" too.

Okay everyone... let's not become dicks. If we are in the DING bar we need support not criticism... even if it is meant to be a joke

Rawlberto

Postby Rawlberto » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Do I hit on Dany or des? You are both ladies after my entitled heart.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”