THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
No13baby

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby No13baby » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:38 pm

UCLA Law is the nastiest skank bitch I've ever met. Do not trust it. It is a fugly slut.

MrShneebly

Postby MrShneebly » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:16 pm

No13baby wrote:UCLA Law is the nastiest skank bitch I've ever met. Do not trust it. It is a fugly slut.

As someone who just saw that movie, I'd like to say that this is brilliant :D

chill

Postby chill » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Last edited by chill on Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

KibblesnBitts

Postby KibblesnBitts » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:22 pm

MrShneebly wrote:
No13baby wrote:UCLA Law is the nastiest skank bitch I've ever met. Do not trust it. It is a fugly slut.

As someone who just saw that movie, I'd like to say that this is brilliant :D

The limit to possible law school debt doesn't exist!

No13baby

Postby No13baby » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:27 pm

chill wrote:

...Does this mean you're UCLA Law?

Not after they wait-listed me :(

chill

Postby chill » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:29 pm

Last edited by chill on Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

fltanglab

Postby fltanglab » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:58 am

Dear UCLA,

Thanks for the rejection right before a performance in a bowl game. But it doesn't matter, we won.

Rawlberto

Postby Rawlberto » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Dear UVA,

I'm sorry you didn't want my ED application, it's cool, I get it. It probably also doesn't help that I didn't write about owning a siq pair of boat shoes which I wear with my bright polo, broseph. Sorry we won't be able to play flip cup together.

Campagnolo

Postby Campagnolo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:21 pm

Dear Harvard,

You are a fat, ugly bitch, and the only reason people want to be with you is because you have a rich daddy they hope will let them into the family. I'm a bootstraps man, myself. Self-made.

And who wants to be around a bunch of asshats obsessed with brand and prestttige? Not me. Not no way, not no how. Not never. Not once.

Very truly yours,

Campy

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:05 pm

My response to Georgetown's waitlist email:

"Dear Gentlepersons,

Thank you for taking the time to carefully review my application for admission. Although GULC was one of my top law school choices during the beginning of this application cycle, my circumstances have since changed in that I will not be matriculating at Georgetown if offered admission off of the waitlist. Therefore, I do not want to potentially take a seat from another waitlisted applicant at a later date and wish to respectfully withdraw my application at this time. Thank you again for your time. Happy New Year.

Regards,

JDizzle."

:D

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:07 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:My response to Georgetown's waitlist email:

"Dear Gentlepersons,

Thank you for taking the time to carefully review my application for admission. Although GULC was one of my top law school choices during the beginning of this application cycle, my circumstances have since changed in that I will not be matriculating at Georgetown if offered admission off of the waitlist. Therefore, I do not want to potentially take a seat from another waitlisted applicant at a later date and wish to respectfully withdraw my application at this time. Thank you again for your time. Happy New Year.

Regards,

JDizzle."
did you really send this?
:D

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:38 pm

ETA: Not tryin' to burn bridges hurr.
Last edited by JDizzle2015 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:09 pm

Wow, I'm impressed you actually sent that off. I'd be freaked out at the idea of offending a T14 school and then getting blacklisted like that kid who didn't withdraw after getting in ED to CLS. :lol: Not the same level of offense by any means, but my paranoia is irrational...

inthebeginning

Postby inthebeginning » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:11 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Wow, I'm impressed you actually sent that off. I'd be freaked out at the idea of offending a T14 school and then getting blacklisted like that kid who didn't withdraw after getting in ED to CLS. :lol: Not the same level of offense by any means, but my paranoia is irrational...

Tell me more! Thought you just had to agree to go, not withdraw?

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:18 pm

inthebeginning wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:Wow, I'm impressed you actually sent that off. I'd be freaked out at the idea of offending a T14 school and then getting blacklisted like that kid who didn't withdraw after getting in ED to CLS. :lol: Not the same level of offense by any means, but my paranoia is irrational...

Nope, ED applications are binding contracts -- once you get in, you have to withdraw all your applications to all the other schools, since regardless of where you get in, you won't be attending. Some dude didn't withdraw (I guess he wanted to see his cycle turnout) and his CLS offer was rescinded and he basically got shut out of the T14.

(of course the above doesn't apply if it's EA like Cornell/UT, or if they defer you to RD.)

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Ahhh. You have me freaking out now. I tried to make it as soft of a rejection as I could... I see how difficult AdComms' jobs are now lol. I guess I should have ended with "Good luck on your future endeavors but unfortunately, there are a lot of competitive law schools out there and I can't attend more than one." :lol:

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:20 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
inthebeginning wrote:

Nope, ED applications are binding contracts -- once you get in, you have to withdraw all your applications to all the other schools, since regardless of where you get in, you won't be attending. Some dude didn't withdraw (I guess he wanted to see his cycle turnout) and his CLS offer was rescinded and he basically got shut out of the T14.

(of course the above doesn't apply if it's EA like Cornell/UT, or if they defer you to RD.)

is this kid/story on TLS..where did you hear about it..im interested lol

Also, JDizzle, please let us know what (if any) response you get from GULC
Last edited by thederangedwang on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:22 pm

haha I guess I've already outed myself so... why not? :)

Samara

Postby Samara » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:23 pm

Thank you, Harvard, for your continued belief that splitters are worthless proles. I didn't find my academic passion until after UG, so clearly I derserve to be forever excluded from your society of entitled douchebags. Whatever, your job placement statistics are the only reason I would ever consider attending, anyway. The east coast blows, especially that dirty hellhole they call New York City. And I prefer to park my car somewhere it belongs, not in a yahd. So, take your ivory tower and shove it! Northwestern is my true love.

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:28 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:

Ahhh. You have me freaking out now. I tried to make it as soft of a rejection as I could... I see how difficult AdComms' jobs are now lol. I guess I should have ended with "Good luck on your future endeavors but unfortunately, there are a lot of competitive law schools out there and I can't attend more than one." :lol:

This is the point of the ding bar. You write that shit here so you don't actually send it to an actual academic institution and burn bridges along the way. They may not find it as whiny and entitled as I do, they may not remember it or share it with other schools, but why the fuck take that chance?

Samara

Postby Samara » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:30 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
JDizzle2015 wrote:

This is the point of the ding bar. You write that shit here so you don't actually send it to an actual academic institution and burn bridges along the way. They may not find it as whiny and entitled as I do, they may not remember it or share it with other schools, but why the fuck take that chance?

I'm disappointed you didn't find some way to make this point in the form of a Kate Middleton meme.

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:30 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:

+1. Also, adding that little sentence wouldnt have helped as the douchey part of the email is still all there...it's not about adding stuff to make it better, but deleting a sentence

And also, if this email is after you tried to make it soft...I wouldnt want to be on the recieving end of an email you wrote when you arent trying... :shock:
Last edited by thederangedwang on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:31 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:

Oh no!!! Your email was super polite, I'm just uber paranoid, like I said. Sorry, blah >_<

And derangedwang, I don't have any proof of this, sorry. It's more like...legend? But I think at some point someone showed me the dude's LSN. It's been a while though, like a year since someone told me about it.

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:31 pm

hmm I did try to write it in the most respectful way possible. My intentions were good (in that I don't want to take someone else's seat now that scholarship negotiation is completely out of the picture) and I thought it'd be funny to post on the ding bar. I guess people can take it the wrong way. My bad, I guess.

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:32 pm

Samara wrote:
JDizzle2015 wrote:

I'm disappointed you didn't find some way to make this point in the form of a Kate Middleton meme.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”