THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crumpetsandtea

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:55 am

Dear BC:

Fuck you for putting me on 'hold.' JSYK, I am officially T14 sekure and your worthless TTT ass could not mean any less to me. I only applied because I got a fee waiver and I was freaking out about not getting anywhere.

So you and your fucking shitty ass self can kiss. My. Ass.

<3,

Crumps

PS: I'm withdrawing this Monday.

Ginj

Postby Ginj » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:09 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:Dear BC:

Fuck you for putting me on 'hold.' JSYK, I am officially T14 sekure and your worthless TTT ass could not mean any less to me. I only applied because I got a fee waiver and I was freaking out about not getting anywhere.

<3,

Crumps

<3 crumps

You're so much better than them.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:11 am

<3,

Crumps

Plus they just lost to the Wolverines in hockey and tried to fight when they realized they were going to lose. I'm not sure BC was even worth your post.

crumpledq

Postby crumpledq » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:39 am

<3,

Crumps

They don't deserve you!

tjddk

Postby tjddk » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:09 pm

<3,

Crumps

you tell 'em!

see you at northwestern (maybe)!

username08

Postby username08 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:14 pm

Dear Columbia,

So you decided to defer (ding) me, and honestly the ding itself is fine. I mean it. But to ding me on the day before New Year's Eve after making me wait for 8+ weeks? Now that's just unnecessary. No, that's just cruel. No, that's just sadistic. No, that's in fact ruthless. No, you know what, that's just flat-out mean-spirited. You see, there's no way you would know this but I'm stuck in my apartment all alone during this holiday season, and it's not like I live in beautiful sunny San Diego either. Rather, here the weather's freezing, largely because there's no heat in my apartment, my neighbors wake me up every morning at six by yelling at each other in a language that I don't understand, another neighbor slams his door literally every twenty minutes for some reason, one idiotic driver honked and cursed at me today because I was apparently crossing the street too slowly on a green light, and worst of all the closest liquor store demands $40 for a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label. With all of this happening to me right now, you just had to ding me and kick me when I'm down like this?

What happened to the good old holiday spirit? Hello? I know you had no plans to go When Harry met Sally on me, but did you really have to put me in Fredo Corleone's shoes from The Godfather Part II instead? I'm certain you actually reached a decision on my app way days or maybe even weeks ago but just waited until today to send it out cause you know that's the standard practice, and you really should've just dinged me the moment you decided to. You could have been merciful, but no, you preferred to torture me, to make me check my email every two seconds day after day for weeks, since this thing called hope just won't stay dead, until finally rejecting me on the day before New Year's Eve. Well, thanks a lot for that. Now I think I'm going to go to the ridiculously overpriced local liquor store and get something to drink. I just hope some moron won't run me over while I'm crossing the street.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:20 pm

username08 wrote:Dear Columbia,

So you decided to defer (ding) me, and honestly the ding itself is fine. I mean it. But to ding me on the day before New Year's Eve after making me wait for 8+ weeks? Now that's just unnecessary. No, that's just cruel. No, that's just sadistic. No, that's in fact ruthless. No, you know what, that's just flat-out mean-spirited. You see, there's no way you would know this but I'm stuck in my apartment all alone during this holiday season, and it's not like I live in beautiful sunny San Diego either. Rather, here the weather's freezing, largely because there's no heat in my apartment, my neighbors wake me up every morning at six by yelling at each other in a language that I don't understand, another neighbor slams his door literally every twenty minutes for some reason, one idiotic driver honked and cursed at me today because I was apparently crossing the street too slowly on a green light, and worst of all the closest liquor store demands $40 for a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label. With all of this happening to me right now, you just had to ding me and kick me when I'm down like this?

What happened to the good old holiday spirit? Hello? I know you had no plans to go When Harry met Sally on me, but did you really have to put me in Fredo Corleone's shoes from The Godfather Part II instead? I'm certain you actually reached a decision on my app way days or maybe even weeks ago but just waited until today to send it out cause you know that's the standard practice, and you really should've just dinged me the moment you decided to. You could have been merciful, but no, you preferred to torture me, to make me check my email every two seconds day after day for weeks, since this thing called hope just won't stay dead, until finally rejecting me on the day before New Year's Eve. Well, thanks a lot for that. Now I think I'm going to go to the ridiculously overpriced local liquor store and get something to drink. I just hope some moron won't run me over while I'm crossing the street.

If it makes you feel any better, NYU deferred me on my 21st birthday. It was like they were hoping I'd die of alcohol poisoning so that I couldn't bother them with LOCIs and phone calls. You thought wrong, bitches.

horrorbusiness

Postby horrorbusiness » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:35 pm

Killingly wrote:
username08 wrote:Dear Columbia,

If it makes you feel any better, NYU deferred me on my 21st birthday. It was like they were hoping I'd die of alcohol poisoning so that I couldn't bother them with LOCIs and phone calls. You thought wrong, bitches.

LOL. that's some good ol' moxy.

username08

Postby username08 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:38 pm

Killingly wrote:If it makes you feel any better, NYU deferred me on my 21st birthday. It was like they were hoping I'd die of alcohol poisoning so that I couldn't bother them with LOCIs and phone calls. You thought wrong, bitches.

Ugh..that is terrible. Sorry to hear that, but it's NYU's loss and not yours.

I actually started writing the post in a half-joking manner but then started getting increasingly angry while typing it lol.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:41 pm

username08 wrote:
Killingly wrote:If it makes you feel any better, NYU deferred me on my 21st birthday. It was like they were hoping I'd die of alcohol poisoning so that I couldn't bother them with LOCIs and phone calls. You thought wrong, bitches.

I actually started writing the post in a half-joking manner but then started getting increasingly angry while typing it lol.

Yeah, well I've seen your numbers and others who were deferred by Columbia. Not sure what they're up to or who they're actually accepting. It's almost as if they were like: "Hey, username08, we're releasing you from our ED contract so that you can go to HYS. You're welcome."

Good luck!

username08

Postby username08 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:44 pm

Killingly wrote:
username08 wrote:

Yeah, well I've seen your numbers and others who were deferred by Columbia. Not sure what they're up to or who they're actually accepting. It's almost as if they were like: "Hey, username08, we're releasing you from our ED contract so that you can go to HYS. You're welcome."

Good luck!

Thanks and good luck to you too!

northerniowan

Postby northerniowan » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Rather, here the weather's freezing, largely because there's no heat in my apartment, my neighbors wake me up every morning at six by yelling at each other in a language that I don't understand, another neighbor slams his door literally every twenty minutes for some reason, one idiotic driver honked and cursed at me today because I was apparently crossing the street too slowly on a green light, and worst of all the closest liquor store demands $40 for a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label.

You probably wouldn't even enjoy New York City anyways lol :-)

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:51 pm

Jesus, nobody got accepted to Columbia.

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:53 pm

Nobody wrote:Jesus, nobody got accepted to Columbia.

its not the time for acceptances yet for CLS

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:10 pm

I meant ED. Some people were accepted, but it seems like it was really disproportionately strict compared to Chicago and NYU.

AriGoldButNicer

Postby AriGoldButNicer » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:06 pm

Last year Penn scheduled an interview with me. I got transportation tickets, suit pressed, practiced for hours.... Then on my way to pick up my suit, and go I got rejected. This day was also my birthday. I didn't tell Penn bec I'm no whiner, but it was just unclassy.

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:46 pm

AriGoldButNicer wrote:Last year Penn scheduled an interview with me. I got transportation tickets, suit pressed, practiced for hours.... Then on my way to pick up my suit, and go I got rejected. This day was also my birthday. I didn't tell Penn bec I'm no whiner, but it was just unclassy.

:shock:

That is terrible. I'm so sorry!

moneybagsphd

Postby moneybagsphd » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:56 pm

AriGoldButNicer wrote:Last year Penn scheduled an interview with me. I got transportation tickets, suit pressed, practiced for hours.... Then on my way to pick up my suit, and go I got rejected. This day was also my birthday. I didn't tell Penn bec I'm no whiner, but it was just unclassy.

Wow, that's pretty weak.

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:11 pm

username08 wrote:...worst of all the closest liquor store demands $40 for a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label. With all of this happening to me right now, you just had to ding me and kick me when I'm down like this?

May I suggest R&R?

GirlStop

Postby GirlStop » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:32 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:

:shock:

That is terrible. I'm so sorry!

These stories usually make me laugh, this one is just straight awful. So sorry!!

jpal13

Postby jpal13 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:07 am

Following

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:30 am

Nobody wrote:I meant ED. Some people were accepted, but it seems like it was really disproportionately strict compared to Chicago and NYU.

What seems like the guidelines for acceptance at CLS this year?

jpal13

Postby jpal13 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:56 am

One of the worst stories out there, how did they notify you of the ding?

woodscommaL

Postby woodscommaL » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:09 pm

I originally posted this in the Michigan forum, but it seems to fit better here. This isn't a ding (yet)- it's more of a preemptive plea for acceptance. A Prelude to a Ding, if you will.

Michigan, darling, I lose time thinking about you. I know it's a little early to talk about getting serious. I mean, I haven't even gotten a status checker from you yet. But, the truth is, I am certain that I want you. I should've applied ED, but I was afraid of commitment. I should've applied earlier, but I was afraid of rejection. I am aware that with my GPA, you're a bit out of my league. But, baby, I've got a slew of softs that I hope can capture your interest. If you accept me, I promise to work harder for you than any girl ever has. Our three years together will be magical. I can't promise that I won't leave you for Biglaw someday, but I'll keep your name framed on my wall always. If you give me a chance, I know you won't forget me either. Come on Michigan, love me back?

Always,

woodscommaL

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
username08 wrote:...worst of all the closest liquor store demands $40 for a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label. With all of this happening to me right now, you just had to ding me and kick me when I'm down like this?

May I suggest R&R?

if he is complaining about being charged a few extra bucks for a bottle of whiskey, he should probably only drink ancient age

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”