THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
lagirl
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby lagirl » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:02 pm

Moultdog wrote:(not technically rejected, but deferred. Might as well be)

Cornell,

Your most famous alumni is the regional manager of a medium sized paper supply company in Scranton, Pennsylvania. His predecessor was an idiot who on innumerable occasions nearly drove his branch into the ground, wasting company time and resources while cultivating a work environment that allowed for dangerous pranks, sexual harassment, and general laziness. Everyone thinks your alumni is worse...much worse. To make matters worse, he isn't even funny.


Perfect, most amazing post ever on TLS. I love you.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:47 pm

Tagging this for my inevitable slew of rejections.

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Blessedassurance » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:49 pm

Can you post in here if you withdraw because you can just smell a YP ding coming your way?

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:51 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:Can you post in here if you withdraw because you can just smell a YP ding coming your way?

I think the purpose of this thread is to vent the hurt and anger that comes from an actual rejection/WL, aka THEM turning YOU down...a pre-emptive withdrawal (for a self-titled YP rejection, at that) seems a little out of the theme. But hey, I don't see any real rules written up anywhere, post whatever you want to (:

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby northwood » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:57 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:Can you post in here if you withdraw because you can just smell a YP ding coming your way?

I think the purpose of this thread is to vent the hurt and anger that comes from an actual rejection/WL, aka THEM turning YOU down...a pre-emptive withdrawal (for a self-titled YP rejection, at that) seems a little out of the theme. But hey, I don't see any real rules written up anywhere, post whatever you want to (:


you could.. but the bar would be raised that much higher..... crumps is on par with the implied rules

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Blessedassurance » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:16 pm

Mmmmk, let's keep it to actual rejections then.
Last edited by Blessedassurance on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nobody
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Nobody » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:28 pm

Yo Tintin, that reflects way worse on you than on Cornell. If this is a YP like you say, why trash the school? There are people that have been legit rejected from Cornell, and you're basically slapping them in the face. Knocking a school that you're clearly so much better than is basically kicking a puppy.

Maybe you're worried that you weren't YPed, it just came through your app that you're a misogynist that loves colonial oppression, and you're worried that the schools you really want will follow suit.

Plus, how neurotic do you have to be to withdraw this early because you suspect yield protect? It's not even January! And why even do that? You don't have any rating to game. The correct response to a yield protect is to laugh and joke that you're only going to Harvard because Cornell rejected you. If the idea of a rejection from Cornell has you so distraught, have fun applying for jobs.

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Blessedassurance » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:40 pm

hi
Last edited by Blessedassurance on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:40 pm

Man it reeks in here.

Blessedassurance, you're like the guy who stays up every night writing about how the girl that wouldn't go out with you made the worst mistake of her life because, even though you don't have friends and have to sit in the corner at dive bars blatantly watching everyone else having fun while silently judging how happy you are that you don't actually have to interact with those people, don't girls realize that you were going to an IVY LEAGUE LAW SCHOOL someday?

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Blessedassurance » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:44 pm

Descartes, why can't you ever be funny?

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:46 pm

Woah now. Let's stop the hostility here. o_o Sorry blessed, I tried to warn ya, but 'YP withdrawal' essays in a rejection thread just come off as douchey and entitled. Sometimes it's best to just be happy to have the acceptances you've already gotten--no need to seek further ego boosters.

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Blessedassurance » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:48 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Woah now. Let's stop the hostility here. o_o Sorry blessed, I tried to warn ya, but 'YP withdrawal' essays in a rejection thread just come off as douchey and entitled. Sometimes it's best to just be happy to have the acceptances you've already gotten--no need to seek further ego boosters.


Hear hear!

I agree, it's inconsiderate.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:57 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:Descartes, why can't you ever be funny?

actually, as one of Des's least fervent supporters, I found that quite analogy really funny

User avatar
chrisbru
Posts: 4252
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby chrisbru » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:56 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:Descartes, why can't you ever be funny?


I thought it was well played, Des. Looks likes Blessedassurance is a bit butt hurt.

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby minnbills » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:03 pm

Dear Cornell,

I promised you a limb, my firstborn, and finally my soul; that still wasn't good enough for you. Hopefully one day you'll regret your decision to reject me.

regards,

Minnbills

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:34 pm

minnbills wrote:Dear Cornell,

I promised you a limb, my firstborn, and finally my soul; that still wasn't good enough for you. Hopefully one day you'll regret your decision to reject me.

regards,

Minnbills

One word, Minn:

ShiTTThaca.

User avatar
ksailet
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:48 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby ksailet » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:48 am

Dearest GW, thank you for rejecting me four days before Christmas. It made it even sweeter when Michigan offered me a place two days later.

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby citykitty » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:17 am

Iowa, you suck. Way better schools have already accepted me. It was fun while the dream lasted.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby gaud » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:13 pm

Duke .. FOR REAL!?!? even wit ma peeps n ma connects.. grrr.

User avatar
Ernert
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:35 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Ernert » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:06 pm

Chicago... I was not rigorous enough.

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby luxxe » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:08 pm

Ernert wrote:Chicago... I was not rigorous enough.

+1

It is okay though, since the midwest is a shithole.

NYC >>>>>>>> Chicago

Nobody
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Nobody » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:13 pm

luxxe wrote:
Ernert wrote:Chicago... I was not rigorous enough.

+1

It is okay though, since the midwest is a shithole.

NYC >>>>>>>> Chicago


I feel now is a good time to say "COLUMBIA!!! PLEASE TAKE ME!!! I PROMISE I CAN CHANGE, BABY!!"

User avatar
KibblesnBitts
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby KibblesnBitts » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:41 pm

Dearest Arizona,

First off, I know you only WL'ed me, but for shit's sake, I only applied because you sent me 3 emails about how you gave me an application waiver!!!!!!!! This was before i realized I'd have to still pay the CAS and I foolishly bundled you with the rest of my first batch of applications - whoops. Also, I guess you weren't too flattered with the fact that I told you how much I couldn't wait to attend UC Hastings....yeah, my bad. Well, anyway, I'm very happy my first WL can come from a school I couldn't give more than two shits about. I'm glad I could pay LSAC $16 to help with your reject statistics.

Plus, scorpions and shit are scary, why would I even want to live in Arizona?

User avatar
Shooter
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Shooter » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:37 pm

^ Lol. "Scorpions and shit."

Virgil777
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:35 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Virgil777 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:09 am

Deleted.
Last edited by Virgil777 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, DoYouEvenTLS, Long shot hero, michelekfla, smashbash, texteach and 15 guests