THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JoeMo

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby JoeMo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:03 pm

T00L wrote:Dear UVA,

Fuck you. 100% Positive you didn't read anything I wrote. Sorry I didn't write a why UVA. I started one...

"I really want to go to your law school so I don't miss out on three more years of natty light from a red cup...."

...but I couldn't think of how to finish it. Maybe...

"But your building looks like a piece of shit compared to your beautiful business school, an I'm pretty sure you only added the front facade (the one in all the pictures) at a later date when you realized that 70s architecture is about as stately and decent-looking as a ram's scrotum."

-T

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:07 pm

(Not really a ding but WL'ed nonetheless)

Dear UVA,

I only applied to your shitty school ED because I thought it was the only shot I had at a T-14 education with my shitty LSAT score. But I'm going to Michigan.

So, 4 years from now, my LSAT score won't mean a thing and your law school will still be just as shitty. You can literally smell the shit in the air from all the nearby farms in the area.

XOXO

(My assessment of just how shitty UVA was happened after I visited while on the WL to try and decide whether I was going to continue to try and woo them. Decided against it)

paulitico

Postby paulitico » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:24 pm

AmandaPB

Postby AmandaPB » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:26 pm

JoeMo wrote:(Not really a ding but WL'ed nonetheless)

Dear UVA,

I only applied to your shitty school ED because I thought it was the only shot I had at a T-14 education with my shitty LSAT score. But I'm going to Michigan.

So, 4 years from now, my LSAT score won't mean a thing and your law school will still be just as shitty. You can literally smell the shit in the air from all the nearby farms in the area.

XOXO

(My assessment of just how shitty UVA was happened after I visited while on the WL to try and decide whether I was going to continue to try and woo them. Decided against it)

HAHAH! Michigan > UVA.

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:31 pm

KibblesnBitts wrote:I'm going to write one up for every law school I applied to, just so I know what to say when I need to vent my frustrations.

lol, this doesn't seem healthy.

Love this thread and will be contributing soon (silent tag).

msu1077

Postby msu1077 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:31 pm

Hahahahaha! Nothing like a real news story to make one feel better about a ding.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:43 pm

msu1077 wrote:

Hahahahaha! Nothing like a real news story to make one feel better about a ding.

Holy cow!

AmandaPB

Postby AmandaPB » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:44 pm

JoeMo wrote:
msu1077 wrote:

Holy cow!

Yeah, that’s bad :?

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:51 pm

AmandaPB wrote:
JoeMo wrote:(Not really a ding but WL'ed nonetheless)

Dear UVA,

XOXO

HAHAH! Michigan > UVA.

and yes UMich is definitely > UVA.

UMich was my first choice and I thought I had no chance in hell I'd ever get in with a 164. Clearly, miracles exist.

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:59 am

Dear George WashingTTTon,

Thanks for the surprising auto-reject. Now I don't have to deal with competing with graduates from all the real top law schools. Minnesota accepted me on the same day / they completely control their market

Fuck you,
Three Rivers

tennisballs

Postby tennisballs » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:02 pm

john1990

Postby john1990 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:26 pm

I bet ill be in this thread soon :roll: tired of waiting already and its only been a few weeks

neuroticjew

Postby neuroticjew » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:57 am

Dear Columbia,

Much as I was looking forward to paying $2,500 a month for a rat-infested apartment and $17 for a plate of greasy Chinese food, I can honestly say that I'm okay with this outcome. I have no desire to be on food stamps while earning six figures, or to spend three years around gunners convinced that they "was robbed" out of a Harvard JD.

In the words of an old Tin Pan Alley song, I get along without you very well.

P.S. That crown makes me think of Burger King. Every single time.

Take Two

Postby Take Two » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:01 am

neuroticjew wrote:P.S. That crown makes me think of Burger King. Every single time.

Haha love it!

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:39 am

Uh Oh! Columbia started dinging people already? I'll be waiting for my ding.

frosti

Postby frosti » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:59 am

I'm almost positive that I'm going to get dinged by Cornell today. I hope they at least buy me dinner first.

kerflux

Postby kerflux » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:47 pm

TWoodWil wrote:What the UVA ding email really means:

Mr. TWoodWil,

We have carefully reviewed your application for admission, or at least as carefully as five minutes while eating a sandwich allows. I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a place in the entering class, but we were able to take your application fees. I'm going to use your fee for a new keyboard.

Last year we received 7,102 nonresident applications and 778 resident applications (7,880 total) for the 360 seats in the entering class. This year's application volume is poised to increase by at least 10 percent. There is no question in my mind that this will be the most difficult year on record in which to gain admission to Virginia Law. I know this has no bearing on you at all, just thought you'd like to know that there's a lot of other idiots like you that we reject each year.

I hope you excuse the informality of this communication, but I thought you might appreciate speed over formality. In addition, we are communicating almost exclusively via email now in an attempt to reduce our reliance on paper; though it's mostly so we do not have to waste precious cents mailing rejection letters to philistines like you.

I sincerely appreciate your interest in Virginia Law and for padding our rejection rate. I wish you the very best in your legal education and professional career, but neither Virginia Law nor I wish to be a part of either aspect of your life.

Jason Wu Trujillo '01
Senior Assistant Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid
Jesus. Christ. This was hilarious, thank you so very much for taking the time to re-write this to reflect the truth of the thought process behind it. Seriously, best post I've read in... forever.

benito

Postby benito » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:51 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:Dear George WashingTTTon,

Thanks for the surprising auto-reject. Now I don't have to deal with competing with graduates from all the real top law schools. Minnesota accepted me on the same day / they completely control their market

Fuck you,
Three Rivers

yeah, FU GW

crumpledq

Postby crumpledq » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:55 pm

Dear GW,

I was accepted at Georgetown over a month ago, but you felt the need to WL me today. Good luck to you and to your class of 2015, who have to compete against my GULC or NYU degree in the job market.

Love,

CQ

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:23 pm

crumpledq wrote:Dear GW,

I was accepted at Georgetown over a month ago, but you felt the need to WL me today. Good luck to you and to your class of 2015, who have to compete against my GULC or NYU degree in the job market.

Love,

CQ

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KibblesnBitts

Postby KibblesnBitts » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:31 pm

JoeMo wrote:

Love,

CQ

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be straightforward with GW (I didn't apply for law school), back in high school when applying to undergrad, I, along with another classmate applied to GW. I was ranked in the top 6%, she was in the top 2% of our class. Both of our SAT scores were pretty much in the same percentile range as well - 94th to her 98th. I got accepted to GW (at full sticker) while she was denied.

I remember going to a speech and debate competition with her and the rest of the team the day we got word back from GW, and she was visibly upset at her for not getting in and jealous that I got accepted. Being clueless at the time, I asked if she was okay, only to be shoved away saying "Look, she's upset about GW." Raising my voice, I said, "Fuck them, I'm not dropping $200k on college - that's robbery."

Since then, I knew that GW and I would never get along, so when they ding a decent amount of TLSers for law school, say fuck it, you know you're better off without GW.

JDizzle2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:40 pm

KibblesnBitts wrote:I'll be straightforward with GW (I didn't apply for law school), back in high school when applying to undergrad, I, along with another classmate applied to GW. I was ranked in the top 6%, she was in the top 2% of our class. Both of our SAT scores were pretty much in the same percentile range as well - 94th to her 98th. I got accepted to GW (at full sticker) while she was denied.

I remember going to a speech and debate competition with her and the rest of the team the day we got word back from GW, and she was visibly upset at her for not getting in and jealous that I got accepted. Being clueless at the time, I asked if she was okay, only to be shoved away saying "Look, she's upset about GW." Raising my voice, I said, "Fuck them, I'm not dropping $200k on college - that's robbery."

Since then, I knew that GW and I would never get along, so when they ding a decent amount of TLSers for law school, say fuck it, you know you're better off without GW.

GW's UG is that difficult to get into? They were just infamous in my high school for being one of the most expensive UGs in the country. (No one thought it was worth sticker then either.)

KibblesnBitts

Postby KibblesnBitts » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:45 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:
KibblesnBitts wrote:I'll be straightforward with GW (I didn't apply for law school), back in high school when applying to undergrad, I, along with another classmate applied to GW. I was ranked in the top 6%, she was in the top 2% of our class. Both of our SAT scores were pretty much in the same percentile range as well - 94th to her 98th. I got accepted to GW (at full sticker) while she was denied.

GW's UG is that difficult to get into? They were just infamous in my high school for being one of the most expensive UGs in the country. (No one thought it was worth sticker then either.)

Yeah I knew I was going to get in, I didn't think they would be that selective either. Regardless, I've held a grudge against them since 2008 and don't really plan on lifting it in the near future.

Postby 1212 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:20 pm

Love,

CQ

hahahaha!!! In yo' face G Dub!

Moultdog

Postby Moultdog » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:08 am

(not technically rejected, but deferred. Might as well be)

Cornell,

Your most famous alumni is the regional manager of a medium sized paper supply company in Scranton, Pennsylvania. His predecessor was an idiot who on innumerable occasions nearly drove his branch into the ground, wasting company time and resources while cultivating a work environment that allowed for dangerous pranks, sexual harassment, and general laziness. Everyone thinks your alumni is worse...much worse. To make matters worse, he isn't even funny.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”