THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chrisbru

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby chrisbru » Thu May 19, 2011 3:09 pm

donna302 wrote:Dear Widener School of Law:

The only freaking law school in the State of Delaware... give a a damn break!!! A bunch of in-bred Dupont regects... omg was dinged 4-15 and honestly thank the lord for not raising the national debt any by attending this tier 4 school. I'd rather go to law school online and save $100,000 for my kids future.

That Philly Chick
Go Eagles!!!! :twisted:

Good ding, welcome! I just hope this is joking... :-)

donna302

Postby donna302 » Fri May 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Ohhh joking regarding the online part.. yes... the Widener / Delaware part... hell no!!! :P

Ohhh and,

Go Eagles
I pray for training camp :D

donna302

Postby donna302 » Sat May 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Dinged at Charlotte School of Law 5/20/2011.

Ok, regional school, only applied because it was free for first time applicants... $12.00 no biggie. I wasn't sure if I was dinged because I put on my application Temple and Rutgers Camden as other Schools of choice or what. it does not matter, was not going to that state to practice law anyway... whew... got out of that one :roll:.

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:01 am

Bumping up for new comments

klhtq5

Postby klhtq5 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:50 pm

WL at vanderbilt.

I really don't like obese people, so Tennessee and really the entire south scare me.
I'm headed to a place where they actually know what a treadmill is...

Also vandy, higher ranked schools gave me some great scholarship $$$

bigjinjapan

Postby bigjinjapan » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:14 am

boozehound wrote:Dear WUSTL,

Next year, please reduce your application to one simple question: Is your LSAT score above 167? ( Y = In, N= Out).

Also, may I recommend changing your name to "University of Hawaii in St. Louis"....it sounds more tropical.

my deepest love and respect,
boozehound

Seriously, the LSN graph for the school is hilarious. I also liked their sliding scale of scholarship offers. Social climb much?

For myself:

Ah, sweet USC. I so wanted to go back to you for law school. I don't know why you couldn't even see your way to waitlisting me, but whatever. I'll be much happier at your crosstown rival with a reputation for something other than an absurd number of on-campus armed robberies and NCAA ethics violations. While I will miss the short commute and occasional police chases down Figueroa, I'll just have to content myself with knowing I'm at the best law school in LA instead if the also-ran. Oh, and as for your invitation to apply as a transfer? Very cute. Go fuck yourself.
Last edited by bigjinjapan on Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

glewz

Postby glewz » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:22 am

klhtq5 wrote:WL at vanderbilt.

I really don't like obese people, so Tennessee and really the entire south scare me.

apologies if this link diminishes from your post. (since higher ranked schools gave you $$$, congrats!!!)

http://collegeprowler.com/vanderbilt-un ... nd--girls/

msridiculous447

Postby msridiculous447 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:55 am

glewz wrote:
klhtq5 wrote:WL at vanderbilt.

apologies if this link diminishes from your post. (since higher ranked schools gave you $$$, congrats!!!)

http://collegeprowler.com/vanderbilt-un ... nd--girls/

I love how that link gives the grades for guys/girls and then sort of casually mentions that birth control is available.

boozehound

Postby boozehound » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Dear University of Washington,

Thanks for dinging me twice last week--three months after I asked to be removed from the waitlist.

I'm very impressed by your efficiency and organization.

Love,
boozehound

Gecko of Doom

Postby Gecko of Doom » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:16 pm

boozehound wrote:Dear University of Washington,

Thanks for dinging me twice last week--three months after I asked to be removed from the waitlist.

Love,
boozehound

Their admissions office just hasn't had it together this year. A couple months ago, I got an email from them that was clearly a draft and had screwy formatting, followed five minutes later by another email telling me to please disregard the first. Oops.

PresMacAllen

Postby PresMacAllen » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:13 pm

boozehound wrote:Dear University of Washington,

Love,
boozehound

adding insult to injury! :shock:

Ding Bar is awesome. Thanks for brightening my LSAT-prep-saturated afternoons with your charming self-deprecation and biting witticism. I'm pretty sure I'm due to really post in here after December when I start hearing back from my cycle.

schwar46

Postby schwar46 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:25 pm

fonzerelli wrote:I just status checked the F out of my status check spreadsheet and although I have nothing new to report, I do have something to say.

Harvard, come here with me and don't worry sweetheart, it's 5'oclock somewhere. Let me by you a drink, overpriced Boston Lager, right? You got it. Baaaatenda, get this lady a veritas drink. Oh, I know a lot of things honey, latin is one of them.

Now listen, I know you haven't made any decisions with regards to our relationship but you and I both know you're way out of my numbers league. But, don't you like how I "got it done" in the real world for all those years after undergrad? Quantifiable achievement baby. I know a lot of other girls that like that about me. Oh I know they're not as highly ranked, but once you wipe away all that makeup, a lot of what you get out of a relationship is how hard you work in it, right? Of course I'm right doll.

I gotta run. You do what you have to do but I'm going to do what I have to do as well. (kiss on cheek while I slap $12 lsac dollars on the bar and leave)

:lol:

schwar46

Postby schwar46 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:37 pm

JuanaB wrote: Berkeley WL: 9 out of 10 California girls are hot. The 10th goes to Berkeley.

:lol:

schwar46

Postby schwar46 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:02 pm

swc65 wrote:
PleaseHelpThanks wrote:
Sandro wrote:
PleaseHelpThanks wrote:Dear application process,

Nothing hurts worse than getting dinged from your girlfriend because you’re so stressed about where you’re going to go to school, studying for the LSAT, and waiting 4 months to hear from schools. This past year has been extremely hard on me. I could list about 15 dings, but none compare to the girl I just lost, well maybe Berkeley and NYU, but that’s it.

FML

Yea studying for the LSAT and the admissions process caused 2 breakups for me with the same girl... but It was no big deal. Sucks man.

I love her so much, but she just won't believe me that I won't be going nuts once school starts, and that the me from the past year is who I am, which it's not. And what's worse, I'm going to end up where she is anyway, and all the stress was for nothing, and she's giving up right before shit is tight.

Two comments. 1. If you were going nuts over applications and studying for the LSAT, Law school is actually ten times worse. Everything (as in getting a job or being unemployed and becoming a regular on JDU) rides on the seven or eight grades you get in nine months. You study for months and kill yourself for a month (12 hours a day of practice tests everyday) before finals just to wait two months for grades to slowly trickle in (its like watching the slow march from fantasia while being so high that time has slowed to a crawl). For me, the process of exams and waiting for grades much more stressful and personality warping than LSAT -> waiting for score -> seeing score-> having a really good guess at where you will be going to school. At least with the LSAT you can retake it and they will take the highest score. Law school grades are permanent, all important (with a few exceptions nothing else really matters) and HALF THE CLASS IS BELOW MEDIAN. That means 1 out of 2 people will find their hopes and dreams shattered (they might still get a job, but Wachtell Skadden, the most prestigious PI/govt. jobs fly right out the window)!! Then while going through this process the second semester you have to beg and plead for jobs during your 1L summer! Think a few rejections from elite schools are bad? wait until you get rejected from 50 or shitty jobs that you normally wouldn't apply with someone else's resume!! Then in the middle of your summer you have to stress about your bid lists, whore yourself out at your school's OCI or EIP or EIW to twenty or more firms in four days, all of which want you to tell them how great they are and how happy you would be for them to allow you the pleasure of being their slave for a few years until you lateral into something you really want! Then you wait anxiously for call backs from just one of those firms because you're most likely NOT in the top 10%. Then you go to the one callback you have and spend all day at a firm looking at their posh downtown offices just hoping that they will pay you a ton of money even though you are worthless rising 2L. Then 2L starts and shit is a breeze......

2. If you guys couldn't make it through LSAT how the hell could you make through tough shit (see above) or kids or two jobs with no time and that jazz? It is probably for the best.

edit: It seems like I am writing a hyperbolic polemic on law school. I am not. I am just highlighting that parts of it can be infinitely more stressful than the LSAT! I actually enjoy law school and am lucky enough to be near the top of the curve at a great school. If you are lower on the curve, or at a lower ranked school, I am sure things are even more stressful. my only point is that she is probably right not to believe that you won't be a stressball once school starts.

Shame on you. Let this post be the example of what not to do in this forum. What an ass clown...

"hyperbolic polemic" What an intellectual you are.

"I actually enjoy law school and am lucky enough to be near the top of the curve at a great school."

You are exactly the kind of person I used to stuff into lockers in high school. Don't make me do it again.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:20 pm

A little late to the party, but...

To everywhere I didn't get in: I'm going to Harvard. Screw you.

Special dishonorable mention to Yale, who invited me to apply days after rejecting me. Thanks for fueling the fire for the rivalry, jerks. Would it be so hard to cross-reference your database?

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:27 pm

tomwatts wrote:A little late to the party, but...

Special dishonorable mention to Yale, who invited me to apply days after rejecting me. Thanks for fueling the fire for the rivalry, jerks. Would it be so hard to cross-reference your database?

NICE

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:16 pm

GW, thanks for letting me know you won't be able to accept me from the waitlist... the waitlist I withdrew from three months ago.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:26 pm

NYU,

Thanks for releasing me from the waitlist that I forgot I was still on. It seems fitting that your logo includes the phrase "a private university in the public service" for two reasons: 1. Everyone thinks you're some shitty third-rate public city university when in fact you're some shitty third-rate private university, and 2. It is a serious TTT move to talk about public service at the lengths you do because it's usually a last resort for schools that, like yourself, are incapable of brag-worthy placement in the jobs that most law students actually want. Please rest assured that I harbor no bitterness, and will give generously to your alumni as they beg in the street on my way to work in the coming years.

-Bils

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:29 pm

LOL.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:25 pm

Jack Smirks wrote:LOL.

wht the fuck is this shit? I want a new username

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:47 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
Jack Smirks wrote:LOL.

wht the fuck is this shit? I want a new username

<3

Cavgirl

Postby Cavgirl » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:24 pm

tomwatts wrote:A little late to the party, but...

<3

un-vordox

Postby un-vordox » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Bumped for c/o 2015. No dings yet for me but they are coming...

VictoryGin

Postby VictoryGin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:26 pm

Love this thread so much

AmandaPB

Postby AmandaPB » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:45 pm

VictoryGin wrote:Love this thread so much

Me too! I know rejections are imminent.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”