THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kabuo

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Kabuo » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:26 pm

Cade McNown wrote:BU Waitlist: Seriously did a double take when I received your WL notification. I was like... "whaaaaaa???????......................I applied to BU??????? You serious?" It's cool. If I wanted to spend 3 years in a prison cell I'd have sex with a 17 year old. Come to think of it, given BU's Methodist background maybe sex with minors is what my application was missing.

USC Waitlist: Before UT and Cornell accepted me I might have cared. Now I'm glad you spared me the inferiority complex I would have developed going to the clear cut second best law school in Los Angeles. But thank you for the opportunity to submit a 3 minute video interview to supplement my application. Since I know this is just your method of discriminating based on attractiveness, try not to drool at my rock hard abs as I videotape my naked deliberation over whether I should Go Ivy or follow Vince Young.

USC TL;DR version: Your mascot is both a condom and the most notorious losers in history. Appropriate.

Lol, very nice.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:59 pm

You should do the 3 minute video of you just casually browsing the internet, watching youtube etc - as if you didnt know it was on. At the end act surprised when you figure out the video was recording as the video ends.

zonto

Postby zonto » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:27 pm

Sandro wrote:You should do the 3 minute video of you seductively eating a banana while wearing a coonskin cap just casually browsing the internet, watching youtube etc - as if you didnt know it was on. At the end act surprised when you figure out the video was recording as the video ends.

softsgalore

Postby softsgalore » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:29 pm

To the eight schools that waitlisted me:

UVA: You're basically the girl who can't really decide what she wants, but can't actually reject anyone at all. So you string people along and make them think they actually have a shot, when the truth is, your mind was already made up. See, you have a type. That type was born and bred close to you, and will be loyal to you and where you come from. I wrote you a love letter of a "Why UVA" that was outright desperate. Well, you cold-hearted bitch, I'm better than you, now. Good luck finding your law review editor a job so she doesn't have to hang out outside of ASW in a t-shirt about how she hasn't got one yet.

Duke: Swagger and bravado isn't a substitute for personality. I tried to figure out what you were all about, I really did. But the truth is, you just seem like Michigan's uglier sister with nicer weather. I kept forgetting I'd even asked you to let me in, and when your waitlist came in...SIX MONTHS after I applied...my only response was "finally!"

UCLA: Last time I was in Los Angeles, I got raped. Should I not have said that in my personal statement? Well, anyway, it must suck to constantly be overshadowed academically by a school in your own university system. You know, Berkeley? The school I'm going to be attending? That one.

Vanderbilt: By the numbers, I should have been in. Why didn't it work out between us? I was telling people in the fall that you were my #1 realistic choice, and it seemed like we could really have something. I have a weird thing for Southerners, having married two, and I love that we share so many interests, like education research. Our relationship could have been this multifaceted, dual degree thing, and I could have learned to like country music. Do I regret your waitlist? No. I only regret that I actually felt sad about it for a week. I just lacked self-confidence. I could do better...and I did.

University of Washington: From what I can see, if I had asked last year, you'd have welcomed me with open arms. But now you're caught up in all the status-conscious bullshit, the ratings and rankings. It's not me; it's you. You've changed. You yield protect now in a way that you never used to. I didn't care about your lower ranking. I didn't care about any of it. I loved you for who you were and you responded with a resounding "meh." Could it be seasonal affective disorder that's making you act this way? Get one of those special lamps. All that rain can't possibly be good for you.

University of Pennsylvania: Let's face it, I wouldn't have lived in Philly for all the money in the world. You must have figured it out somehow. Wait, let me guess: it's because I didn't send one of your mandatory supplementary essays. Or follow your page limits for the PS. Or because I sent you a diversity statement about my polygamous marriage and you're not into that. Something in me must have wanted very badly to reject you, and you couldn't even bring yourself to send me a straight-up rejection? Get some fucking courage, Penn.

Cornell University: You say you're an Ivy League school, but did you even notice when you were founded? I mean, really? You can't just show up on the scene a century later and pretend you're just as good. Ithaca might be "gorges," but you're just a callgirl for New York City law firms who run out of the classier Columbia and NYU grads. They may tell you they love you, but they're talking shit behind your back. When you figure it out, don't come crying to me, I'll be long gone.

University of Chicago: When I visited you last year, I fell in love. Head over heels madly in love, and in spite of the fact that we're so different -- I love public interest, you could care less about it; I have had sex, your student body...well, let's not talk about that -- I really thought we could make it work. I guess that's what first love is always like, that hazy feeling that nothing could be wrong. Your mid-century modern look, oh, I thought you were hot as hell. I could picture myself nestled in your library chairs for hours. Your waitlist was the first one that really stung. It wasn't just that it was a waitlist, it was that suddenly you wanted me to confess my love for you. You wanted me to bare my soul just so that you could make me wait in agony and maybe -- just maybe -- you'd reciprocate my affection instead of stomping on my heart. Well, I'm not going to play your games. I didn't even write back. We can both pretend that I wasn't ever really interested, but to tell you the truth, even though I see all your flaws now, some part of me still just wants you to say that you're sorry and that you love me after all.

Dany

Postby Dany » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:42 pm

Bravo!

redsoxfan2495

Postby redsoxfan2495 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:45 pm

Cade McNown wrote:BU Waitlist: Seriously did a double take when I received your WL notification. I was like... "whaaaaaa???????......................I applied to BU??????? You serious?" It's cool. If I wanted to spend 3 years in a prison cell I'd have sex with a 17 year old. Come to think of it, given BU's Methodist background maybe sex with minors is what my application was missing.

USC Waitlist: Before UT and Cornell accepted me I might have cared. Now I'm glad you spared me the inferiority complex I would have developed going to the clear cut second best law school in Los Angeles. But thank you for the opportunity to submit a 3 minute video interview to supplement my application. Since I know this is just your method of discriminating based on attractiveness, try not to drool at my rock hard abs as I videotape my naked deliberation over whether I should Go Ivy or follow Vince Young.

USC TL;DR version: Your mascot is both a condom and the most notorious losers in history. Appropriate.
:lol:

mabad

Postby mabad » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:39 pm

DEAR NYU,

Thank you for realizing I'm not a hipster-overachiever looking for debt. This makes so much easier my decision to stay in the WL for that school uptown with way much better career prospects than you.

Sincerly,

The person who hit her head on the floor before sending that NYULaw app.-

OH..VIOLETS AND A BOBCAT?!?!?! Thank you for sparing me the acid trip necessary to understand that sh!/

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:44 am

WL at Brooklyn Law School SMFH! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? I WIPE MY ASS WITH SCHOLLYS FROM BETTER SCHOOLS!
Enjoy your slide to mediocrity! CUNY is nipping at your heels!!!

Kabuo

Postby Kabuo » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:50 pm

Notre Dame,

I actually don't know whether South Bend is in IN or IL. I thought I would finally look this up when I got in, and that, even though I would not be attending with less than a full ride, I'd at least have learned something from the whole process. Alas, I'm not meant to know.

No. I do not want to accept your offer of a spot on the waitlist. I think I'll take the money at the better school, thanks.

ktg808

Postby ktg808 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:44 pm

Kabuo wrote:Notre Dame,

I actually don't know whether South Bend is in IN or IL. I thought I would finally look this up when I got in, and that, even though I would not be attending with less than a full ride, I'd at least have learned something from the whole process. Alas, I'm not meant to know.

No. I do not want to accept your offer of a spot on the waitlist. I think I'll take the money at the better school, thanks.

+1

loblaw

Postby loblaw » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:31 pm

WTF, WL BC?

If the numbers fit, you must admit!

123kl

Postby 123kl » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:37 pm

loblaw wrote:If the numbers fit, you must admit!

Like that part. Sorry about the WL though.

loblaw

Postby loblaw » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:29 pm

123kl wrote:

I copied that from the conclusion of my LOCI.

Kabuo

Postby Kabuo » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:33 pm

loblaw wrote:
123kl wrote:

I copied that from the conclusion of my LOCI.

I really hope that's true. If I had elected to remain on ND's waitlist, I would totally send a LOCI with that in it.

mettasutta

Postby mettasutta » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:08 am

Dearest BU,

No wonder that on your viewbook there's not one photo of this architectural monstrosity:

--ImageRemoved--

Regards,
mettasutta

math101

Postby math101 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:03 pm

mettasutta wrote:Dearest BU,

No wonder that on your viewbook there's not one photo of this architectural monstrosity:

--LinkRemoved--

Regards,
mettasutta

Oh God, what is that thing :shock: ?

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:04 pm

math101 wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

Regards,
mettasutta

Borg. Resistance is futile.

math101

Postby math101 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:08 pm

Thank you NYU for rejecting me the day after I sent in my seat deposit to the school of my dreams. I think I rejected you sometime between the 3rd and 5th month of not hearing one... goddamn... word from you. If I wanted that kind of treatment, I'd call up my high school boyfriend. But, hey, you guys have more than one thing in common: I was too good for him too.

math101

Postby math101 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:11 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:
math101 wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

Regards,
mettasutta

Borg. Resistance is futile.

+1

Randomly, I was just googling the Borg the other day for some now unbeknownst to me reason.

msridiculous447

Postby msridiculous447 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:57 pm

--LinkRemoved--

Regards,
mettasutta

If you can believe it, that's its good side. If you view it from the other direction you can see that the base of it is actually smaller/narrower than the top (by like maybe 20 feet on both dimensions). It really doesn't look like it should be able to stand. It's architecturally unsound.

zreinhar

Postby zreinhar » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:45 am

Dear Emory,

I have lived in Atlanta all my life. Once I realized law school was for me, I dreampt of attending your frat-tastic natty-light expensive ass self. Nights in the highlands, warm spring mornings on my way to class. I applied in November and apparently you wanted to wait until February to release decisions. It was cool, I was willing to wait for you. I even bumped my LSAT to your 75th just to be sure. I was even expecting a scholarship!

I won't dignify your WL with a response.

Make more excuses for your shitty employment numbers and rankings drop. "We dropped in rank because we're honest." You dropped because you're tools. You'll never be BU.

Although in all honesty I still wouldn't mind going.

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:03 am

Dear USC-

No hard feelings here. See, I'm going to law school in order to refine my critical thinking skills and challenge myself intellectually. While the thought of wasting away in the Southern California sunshine for three years hitting on bombshells does sound appealing, that's really not what I'm here to do. Honestly, I don't know if I would have ever fit in anyways, seeing as how I prefer to bike to school rather than assault the ozone layer with a Range Rover on a measly 2 mile commute across that god-forsaken parking lot they call LA.

Also, thanks for the invitation to send in my transfer app next year. But please know that, if I do decide to transfer, it will be to the GOOD school in LA.

muah,
racer

LttleBlakDress

Postby LttleBlakDress » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:22 pm

crit_racer wrote:Dear USC-

No hard feelings here. See, I'm going to law school in order to refine my critical thinking skills and challenge myself intellectually. While the thought of wasting away in the Southern California sunshine for three years hitting on bombshells does sound appealing, that's really not what I'm here to do. Honestly, I don't know if I would have ever fit in anyways, seeing as how I prefer to bike to school rather than assault the ozone layer with a Range Rover on a measly 2 mile commute across that god-forsaken parking lot they call LA.

Also, thanks for the invitation to send in my transfer app next year. But please know that, if I do decide to transfer, it will be to the GOOD school in LA.

muah,
racer

Love it. All those hot USC 'bombshell' girls probably have STDs anyway.

paisaaa

Postby paisaaa » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:19 pm

asdf
Last edited by paisaaa on Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:23 pm

msridiculous447 wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

Regards,
mettasutta

If you can believe it, that's its good side. If you view it from the other direction you can see that the base of it is actually smaller/narrower than the top (by like maybe 20 feet on both dimensions). It really doesn't look like it should be able to stand. It's architecturally unsound.

it's called "brutalist" architecture. barf.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”