THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LttleBlakDress

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby LttleBlakDress » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:26 pm

DeeCee wrote:
BrightLine wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote: you're now telling them you may or may not be able to give that information out before seat deposits are due?!

There is something very unscrupulous about that. How can they expect people to deposit for something when they don't know the cost?

Although I am not able to contribute much to the ding bar, this thing where aid is not expedited is annoying. I want to be able to make my decisions based on scholarships, grants, and loan totals for each of the schools I'm considering. This has happened at a couple schools I have applied to, and as a result, I am making my deposit at the school that did not withhold decisions before deposit dates.

It's 100% fucked up. It means that people who obviously do not have unlimited funds anyway, or they wouldn't be waiting for financial aid awards, have to risk significant cash on seat deposits to even see what their financial situation for the next 3 years *might* be. Obscene.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:06 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:
DeeCee wrote:
BrightLine wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote: you're now telling them you may or may not be able to give that information out before seat deposits are due?!

There is something very unscrupulous about that. How can they expect people to deposit for something when they don't know the cost?

Although I am not able to contribute much to the ding bar, this thing where aid is not expedited is annoying. I want to be able to make my decisions based on scholarships, grants, and loan totals for each of the schools I'm considering. This has happened at a couple schools I have applied to, and as a result, I am making my deposit at the school that did not withhold decisions before deposit dates.

It's 100% fucked up. It means that people who obviously do not have unlimited funds anyway, or they wouldn't be waiting for financial aid awards, have to risk significant cash on seat deposits to even see what their financial situation for the next 3 years *might* be. Obscene.

Law school admissions is handled completely different than other graduate school admissions (as an Master's student that will be a 1L come fall, I have some experience with this). It's a game that is never laid out to the applicant all at one time, though applicants are required to be completely transparent throughout the process.

One of the schools I was considering refused to process my fin aid before the deadlines. This was because one of my parents did not want to provide documentation of their pay, and the school took a hard line approach on this, despite the fact that I have lived on my own and worked for *several* years without parental assistance. My parents did fill out the Need Access and FAFSA, in it's entirety, but they just felt requirement for documentation of their pay was too invasive when they have no part in paying my education and I'm an adult. I tried to work with the fin aid at the school, and they wouldn't budge on the situation. Anyway, long story short, I withdrew from that school because of the fin aid problem. No other school has required any action by my parents whatsoever, and has processed my aid accordingly.

I know this isn't what you're getting at, but it is one example of the lack of transparency and empathy on the other end at some of the schools.

roxydoxy

Postby roxydoxy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:45 pm

loblaw wrote:Dear Cardozo,

Your waitlist made me lol myself to sleep. I don't even remember applying to you--perhaps I saw "New York" and subconsciously associated you with my favorite dessert, cheesecake. I would apply to cheesecake.

I must have been in one of those manic "insert school name in last sentence of PS" fee waiver blackouts and sent my application to your craptastic institution. No...even in such a fevered state, I doubt I'd be capable of such a lapse in judgment. More likely is that I snapped out of my stupor half-way through the app and realized I was filling out a Cardozo application, you know, kind of like when you're dreaming that you're peeing and you wake up and you're actually peeing. I then promptly flushed the app down the toilet to hide the evidence, and it was retrieved by a literate, mutant sewer rat named Rodney who recognized the address as his favorite place to score crack, and he hand delivered it to the steaming cesspool that is Cardozo...with $12.

Thanks, Rodney. You always know how to put a smile on my face.

-J

LOVE.

restless

Postby restless » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:31 pm

roxydoxy wrote:
loblaw wrote:Dear Cardozo,

Your waitlist made me lol myself to sleep. I don't even remember applying to you--perhaps I saw "New York" and subconsciously associated you with my favorite dessert, cheesecake. I would apply to cheesecake.

I must have been in one of those manic "insert school name in last sentence of PS" fee waiver blackouts and sent my application to your craptastic institution. No...even in such a fevered state, I doubt I'd be capable of such a lapse in judgment. More likely is that I snapped out of my stupor half-way through the app and realized I was filling out a Cardozo application, you know, kind of like when you're dreaming that you're peeing and you wake up and you're actually peeing. I then promptly flushed the app down the toilet to hide the evidence, and it was retrieved by a literate, mutant sewer rat named Rodney who recognized the address as his favorite place to score crack, and he hand delivered it to the steaming cesspool that is Cardozo...with $12.

Thanks, Rodney. You always know how to put a smile on my face.

-J

LOVE.

This is a fucking gem.

src42

Postby src42 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:58 am

Dear California schools (specifically Berkeley and Stanford),

Am I not liberal enough for you? Am I not enough of a vegetarian, environmentalist lesbian for you?

You must have found out I ate turkey last Thanksgiving. And that I don't compost or have solar on my roof. And that I have a secret crush on Justin Timberlake.

Well SORR-YYY California schools. I am who I am. And you don't have to like it, but I don't like you either.

btnyegurl

Postby btnyegurl » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:45 am

src42 wrote:
Am I not liberal enough for you? .... You must have found out I ate turkey last Thanksgiving. .

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

fish52

Postby fish52 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:30 pm

Dear Stanfurd,

I can't be too mad at you, since I applied as an afterthought and you still kept me around until April. But, as a future Boaltie, I'm working on learning to hate you.

Everyone I know who has visited Palo Alto or gone to school at Stanfurd tells me that the city is terrible for graduate students- few bars, everyone lives on campus like a summer camp horror flim, the city is dead by 8pm and San Francisco is a bitch to get to. I was almost willing to put up with this for the slightly warmer weather... but the yuppie self-entitled rich kids might have been too much for me. I guess I'll never know.

Instead, I'll be attending the Bay area school with the better international reputation (http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/w ... kings.html), the higher world ranking (--LinkRemoved--), the more Big Game wins over the past decade, and the law professor who justified torture by the Bush Administration (OK, so maybe that last point isn't Berkeley's strongest...)

Finally, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zep8MlXUiwE

Better Dead than Red,
Fish

paisaaa

Postby paisaaa » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:34 am

fish52 wrote:Dear Stanfurd,

I can't be too mad at you, since I applied as an afterthought and you still kept me around until April. But, as a future Boaltie, I'm working on learning to hate you.

Everyone I know who has visited Palo Alto or gone to school at Stanfurd tells me that the city is terrible for graduate students- few bars, everyone lives on campus like a summer camp horror flim, the city is dead by 8pm and San Francisco is a bitch to get to. I was almost willing to put up with this for the slightly warmer weather... but the yuppie self-entitled rich kids might have been too much for me. I guess I'll never know.

Instead, I'll be attending the Bay area school with the better international reputation (http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/w ... kings.html), the higher world ranking (--LinkRemoved--), the more Big Game wins over the past decade, and the law professor who justified torture by the Bush Administration (OK, so maybe that last point isn't Berkeley's strongest...)

Better Dead than Red,
Fish

+1

jackattack17

Postby jackattack17 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:50 am

seriously georgia state? significantly above both medians, applied in december, and you held then rejected me? and i was WL at emory? you were a safety anyway, and an afterthought. good luck with that abysmal atlanta market

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:40 am

Cornell...... Still processing 2/8 one word
ITHICA!

ktg808

Postby ktg808 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:17 pm

blacklawboss wrote:Cornell...... Still processing 2/8 one word
ITHICA!

No no, you mean Shithaca.

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:30 pm

ktg808 wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:Cornell...... Still processing 2/8 one word
ITHICA!

No no, you mean Shithaca.

Exactly a wasted frigging 12 Bucks! I rather go to Princeton Law!!!

madhatter98

Postby madhatter98 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:12 am

Duke- I didn't feel like raping women anyway, lacrosse isn't my game.
Washington University in St. Louis- Really?Really? I didn't want to go to school somewhere in between "bumfuck" and "you got a pretty mouth"

Notre Dame- Waitlisted really? I've gotten $75,000 dollar scholarships from better schools. I laugh at you.

The rest of you harvard/stanford/philly/gulc/gw/berkeley/ you touch yourselves at night.

Done

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:16 am

madhatter98 wrote:Duke- I didn't feel like raping women anyway, lacrosse isn't my game.
Washington University in St. Louis- Really?Really? I didn't want to go to school somewhere in between "bumfuck" and "you got a pretty mouth"

Notre Dame- Waitlisted really? I've gotten $75,000 dollar scholarships from better schools. I laugh at you.

The rest of you harvard/stanford/philly/gulc/gw/berkeley/ you touch yourselves at night.

Done

so what school did you get into?

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:17 am

madhatter98 wrote:Duke- I didn't feel like raping women anyway, lacrosse isn't my game.

Done

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

clone22

Postby clone22 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:25 am

fish52 wrote:Dear Stanfurd,

Better Dead than Red,
Fish

Never seen that video before. Much love.

madhatter98

Postby madhatter98 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:16 pm

I got into ucla, offered 75k at u minn and BU. Waitlisted/held u mich and northwestern. Still receiving answers from a few.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:17 pm

madhatter98 wrote:I got into ucla, offered 75k at u minn and BU. Waitlisted/held u mich and northwestern. Still receiving answers from a few.

JAZZ IT UP BRO

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:22 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
madhatter98 wrote:I got into ucla, offered 75k at u minn and BU. Waitlisted/held u mich and northwestern. Still receiving answers from a few.

JAZZ IT UP BRO

for realz......I thought dings were supposed to be angry and funny

khodorko

Postby khodorko » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:24 pm

DeeCee wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:

JAZZ IT UP BRO

Scroll up, he did the Ding Bar and this was just in response to somebody asking where he did get in

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:34 pm

khodorko wrote:
DeeCee wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:

JAZZ IT UP BRO

Scroll up, he did the Ding Bar and this was just in response to somebody asking where he did get in

oh. total RC fail, since I'm the one who asked him where he got in! :oops: :oops:

:lol:

Cade McNown

Postby Cade McNown » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Notre Dame- Waitlisted really? I've gotten $75,000 dollar scholarships from better peer schools. I laugh at you.

Done

Fixed. Congrats on ucla.
Off the record I sometimes touch myself at night too

Cade McNown

Postby Cade McNown » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:03 pm

BU Waitlist: Seriously did a double take when I received your WL notification. I was like... "whaaaaaa???????......................I applied to BU??????? You serious?" It's cool. If I wanted to spend 3 years in a prison cell I'd have sex with a 17 year old. Come to think of it, given BU's Methodist background maybe sex with minors is what my application was missing.

USC Waitlist: Before UT and Cornell accepted me I might have cared. Now I'm glad you spared me the inferiority complex I would have developed going to the clear cut second best law school in Los Angeles. But thank you for the opportunity to submit a 3 minute video interview to supplement my application. Since I know this is just your method of discriminating based on attractiveness, try not to drool at my rock hard abs as I videotape my naked deliberation over whether I should Go Ivy or follow Vince Young.

USC TL;DR version: Your mascot is both a condom and the most notorious losers in history. Appropriate.

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Dear Yale,

I've heard many who call New Haven their home in order to attend you believe that "No means yes." Does this apply in admissions decisions as well? Oh well, I'm not a big fan of being drugged or raped anyway.

Sincerely,
Me

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:44 pm

Cade McNown wrote:BU Waitlist: Seriously did a double take when I received your WL notification. I was like... "whaaaaaa???????......................I applied to BU??????? You serious?" It's cool. If I wanted to spend 3 years in a prison cell I'd have sex with a 17 year old. Come to think of it, given BU's Methodist background maybe sex with minors is what my application was missing.

USC Waitlist: Before UT and Cornell accepted me I might have cared. Now I'm glad you spared me the inferiority complex I would have developed going to the clear cut second best law school in Los Angeles. But thank you for the opportunity to submit a 3 minute video interview to supplement my application. Since I know this is just your method of discriminating based on attractiveness, try not to drool at my rock hard abs as I videotape my naked deliberation over whether I should Go Ivy or follow Vince Young.

USC TL;DR version: Your mascot is both a condom and the most notorious losers in history. Appropriate.

NICCCCEEE!!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”