THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Spookyghost
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Spookyghost » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:33 pm

WUSTL, you are not University of Washington.

Shit.

goodgrief
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby goodgrief » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:44 pm

Washington University of ST LOUIS?

WHAT?

Really, first you make me wait 3 full months before even putting me "in review". Then you ding me? Seriously?! You could have saved us both time and the effort of caring, and just rejected me straight up. I've had to wait on plans for a school in a city I would never, ever move to, but now I'm free. Free of a Cardinal-worshiping city, and free of a school that has a comparatively crappy LRAP. WOOHOO!

Thanks for a good decision for both of us.

goodgrief

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Lawst » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:08 pm

BU and BC - thanks for dinging me via snail mail on the same day. Also, thank you for not making me move to Boston.

fish52
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby fish52 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Lawst wrote:BU and BC - thanks for dinging me via snail mail on the same day. Also, thank you for not making me move to Boston.

This.

User avatar
fragged
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby fragged » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:57 pm

Dear UCI,

Chumsky? Chomsky? Chemistry? I guess it was because I couldn't pronounce his name.

anti-phronimos
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:47 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby anti-phronimos » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:20 pm

Dear Wustl,

I'm glad to see you're maintaining your shit-stain tradition of taking the ivy league rejects and northwestern wannabees. Your undergrad was a joke--I can't imagine your law school improves the standard.

Ah, one more thing: Phyllis Schlafly

douchebags.

User avatar
loblaw
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby loblaw » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:27 pm

Dear Cardozo,

Your waitlist made me lol myself to sleep. I don't even remember applying to you--perhaps I saw "New York" and subconsciously associated you with my favorite dessert, cheesecake. I would apply to cheesecake.

I must have been in one of those manic "insert school name in last sentence of PS" fee waiver blackouts and sent my application to your craptastic institution. No...even in such a fevered state, I doubt I'd be capable of such a lapse in judgment. More likely is that I snapped out of my stupor half-way through the app and realized I was filling out a Cardozo application, you know, kind of like when you're dreaming that you're peeing and you wake up and you're actually peeing. I then promptly flushed the app down the toilet to hide the evidence, and it was retrieved by a literate, mutant sewer rat named Rodney who recognized the address as his favorite place to score crack, and he hand delivered it to the steaming cesspool that is Cardozo...with $12.

Thanks, Rodney. You always know how to put a smile on my face.

-J

User avatar
legalprincess
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby legalprincess » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:35 pm

txadv11 wrote:Dear Drake,

Looking to LSAC's admissions numbers, 100% of people in my "GPA/LSAT Matrix" were accepted last year. You wait-listed me, even though I applied in early December?
Sorry you are in a cold, hippie-liberal, unpopulated area (Iowa, lawls), and share your name with a rapper.... but I wasn't planning on attending. I was hoping to use your $$$ for leverage elsewhere. Oh well, maybe you can trick other applicants into showing up in August with your "Ivy-sounding" name.

[img]Coolschoolbro.jpg[/img]

Sincerely,

txadv

After their D+ ad campaign, they really could write their own ding bar contribution :D

hope11
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby hope11 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:39 pm

I applied to 31 school and so far have been rejected at 19 waitlisted at 4 and accepted at 3...and as you may imagine my LSAT score was HORRIBLE still...Maryland Law a T1 waitlisted me? That was pretty crazy well just wanted to share. I hope that makes some of you feel good and/or hopeful about your own statistics...

So dear 19 schools:
...(actually Chris Crocker has the prefect response)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5MVp5WEY3U

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Burgstaller04 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:00 am

loblaw wrote:Dear Cardozo,

Your waitlist made me lol myself to sleep. I don't even remember applying to you--perhaps I saw "New York" and subconsciously associated you with my favorite dessert, cheesecake. I would apply to cheesecake.

I must have been in one of those manic "insert school name in last sentence of PS" fee waiver blackouts and sent my application to your craptastic institution. No...even in such a fevered state, I doubt I'd be capable of such a lapse in judgment. More likely is that I snapped out of my stupor half-way through the app and realized I was filling out a Cardozo application, you know, kind of like when you're dreaming that you're peeing and you wake up and you're actually peeing. I then promptly flushed the app down the toilet to hide the evidence, and it was retrieved by a literate, mutant sewer rat named Rodney who recognized the address as his favorite place to score crack, and he hand delivered it to the steaming cesspool that is Cardozo...with $12.

Thanks, Rodney. You always know how to put a smile on my face.

-J


This is my favorite one so far

User avatar
cucullu
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:03 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby cucullu » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:07 am

Burgstaller04 wrote:
loblaw wrote:Dear Cardozo,

Your waitlist made me lol myself to sleep. I don't even remember applying to you--perhaps I saw "New York" and subconsciously associated you with my favorite dessert, cheesecake. I would apply to cheesecake.

I must have been in one of those manic "insert school name in last sentence of PS" fee waiver blackouts and sent my application to your craptastic institution. No...even in such a fevered state, I doubt I'd be capable of such a lapse in judgment. More likely is that I snapped out of my stupor half-way through the app and realized I was filling out a Cardozo application, you know, kind of like when you're dreaming that you're peeing and you wake up and you're actually peeing. I then promptly flushed the app down the toilet to hide the evidence, and it was retrieved by a literate, mutant sewer rat named Rodney who recognized the address as his favorite place to score crack, and he hand delivered it to the steaming cesspool that is Cardozo...with $12.

Thanks, Rodney. You always know how to put a smile on my face.

-J


This is my favorite one so far


Oh wow. Best ding bar ever. Hilarious. Just... amazing. Rodney!

User avatar
legalprincess
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby legalprincess » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:55 pm

Burgstaller04 wrote:
loblaw wrote:Dear Cardozo,

Your waitlist made me lol myself to sleep. I don't even remember applying to you--perhaps I saw "New York" and subconsciously associated you with my favorite dessert, cheesecake. I would apply to cheesecake.

I must have been in one of those manic "insert school name in last sentence of PS" fee waiver blackouts and sent my application to your craptastic institution. No...even in such a fevered state, I doubt I'd be capable of such a lapse in judgment. More likely is that I snapped out of my stupor half-way through the app and realized I was filling out a Cardozo application, you know, kind of like when you're dreaming that you're peeing and you wake up and you're actually peeing. I then promptly flushed the app down the toilet to hide the evidence, and it was retrieved by a literate, mutant sewer rat named Rodney who recognized the address as his favorite place to score crack, and he hand delivered it to the steaming cesspool that is Cardozo...with $12.

Thanks, Rodney. You always know how to put a smile on my face.

-J


This is my favorite one so far

+1
This may make me LOL myself to sleep...though since it's noon, that might not be such a good thing!

80884
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby 80884 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:14 pm

dear wustl

eff you! you'r LSAT monsta...shit. You dont care what ppl did for 4 years, do you?
btw I will be a lot happier in Davis.

User avatar
ChriLa425
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby ChriLa425 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:27 pm

Dear Chicago,

Thank you for rejecting me. I own none of the following: tweed jacket, horn rimmed glasses, ivory pipe, penny loafers. Therefore in addition to saving me the loss of my extremities due to frostbite and the cost of your outrageous tuition, you also saved me thousands of dollars in chiropractic adjustments due to my seriously overinflated head.

drums!
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby drums! » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Dear Penn,

I already have an expensive ivy league degree, and the debt to prove it. Thank you for relieving me of a further debt burden. Also,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S4nSzE4N-o


Sincerely,

Who am I kidding - when are transfer apps due?

User avatar
Gecko of Doom
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Gecko of Doom » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:23 pm

.
Last edited by Gecko of Doom on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cade McNown
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Cade McNown » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:32 pm

Briefly-

Michigan Reject: Ugly women.
Vanderbilt WL: I'm not a tool.
UCLA WL: Keep your Persians.

User avatar
Spookyghost
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Spookyghost » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Cade McNown wrote:Briefly-
Vanderbilt WL: I'm not a tool.
.



+1

User avatar
girlonfire
Posts: 470
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby girlonfire » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:24 pm

Dear WUSTL,
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?

Love,
GOF

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Lawst » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:45 pm

Columbia regrets to inform me that it cannot take favorable action on my application. I, on the other hand, would be delighted to inform them that I really don't give a shit. Also, that little crown makes their butt look big.

User avatar
girlonfire
Posts: 470
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby girlonfire » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:53 pm

Lawst wrote:Columbia regrets to inform me that it cannot take favorable action on my application. I, on the other hand, would be delighted to inform them that I really don't give a shit. Also, that little crown makes their butt look big.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
fundamentallybroken
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby fundamentallybroken » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:15 pm

Dear Colorado,

You didn't ding me, but you sure as hell didn't make me feel like you were serious about wanting me. First you take forever to even tell me you got my app, then make me wait forever and a day to accept me. No communication whatsoever about scholarships, and for those who call you about financial aid, you're now telling them you may or may not be able to give that information out before seat deposits are due?!

Just so you know, I've decided I like Denver a lot more than Boulder. While there is still a fairly high concentration of trust-funded hipsters pretending they're not rich, and "hippies" driving their Land Rovers to Whole Foods, it is not nearly as high and/or insufferable as it is up in Boulder.

I will be withdrawing my application from your school, but I'm going to do it according to your apparent timelines. You can expect to hear from me sometime in May/June 2012.

Have fun on your continued slide down the rankings,

Fundamentally Broken

User avatar
BrightLine
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby BrightLine » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:20 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote: you're now telling them you may or may not be able to give that information out before seat deposits are due?!




There is something very unscrupulous about that. How can they expect people to deposit for something when they don't know the cost?

User avatar
scutarius
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:54 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby scutarius » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:51 pm

Dear DU,

You will never be CU. Ever. Enjoy your slide into Tier 3.

P.S. Englewood is a hole.

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby DeeCee » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:02 pm

BrightLine wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote: you're now telling them you may or may not be able to give that information out before seat deposits are due?!




There is something very unscrupulous about that. How can they expect people to deposit for something when they don't know the cost?


Although I am not able to contribute much to the ding bar, this thing where aid is not expedited is annoying. I want to be able to make my decisions based on scholarships, grants, and loan totals for each of the schools I'm considering. This has happened at a couple schools I have applied to, and as a result, I am making my deposit at the school that did not withhold decisions before deposit dates.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BuyaLittleMercy, hellohalo, lillawyer2, Nobiggie, Pomegranate27, premalone, XUMickeal and 24 guests