THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby jrose5 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:51 pm

Dear UChicago,

At first I felt bitter at being rejected with borderline numbers (I expected a WL), but when I saw the stats of some people you dinged/WL-ed today, it became clear that your class is already full and you had to turn away even those with numbers well above both your medians.

Which is fine, really. But I went from feeling a little hurt to just plain scornful. I respect you, still, as an academic institution, but your admissions committee sucks and has poor organizational skills. If you decide to accept everyone ahead of a certain date, stop taking applications.

bhan87
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby bhan87 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:35 pm

jrose5 wrote:Dear UChicago,

At first I felt bitter at being rejected with borderline numbers (I expected a WL), but when I saw the stats of some people you dinged/WL-ed today, it became clear that your class is already full and you had to turn away even those with numbers well above both your medians.

Which is fine, really. But I went from feeling a little hurt to just plain scornful. I respect you, still, as an academic institution, but your admissions committee sucks and has poor organizational skills. If you decide to accept everyone ahead of a certain date, stop taking applications.


Amen to that. Also, if you're just going to ding everyone, why does it take over a freaking month to do it?

User avatar
cucullu
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:03 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby cucullu » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:01 am

bhan87 wrote:
jrose5 wrote:Dear UChicago,

At first I felt bitter at being rejected with borderline numbers (I expected a WL), but when I saw the stats of some people you dinged/WL-ed today, it became clear that your class is already full and you had to turn away even those with numbers well above both your medians.

Which is fine, really. But I went from feeling a little hurt to just plain scornful. I respect you, still, as an academic institution, but your admissions committee sucks and has poor organizational skills. If you decide to accept everyone ahead of a certain date, stop taking applications.


Amen to that. Also, if you're just going to ding everyone, why does it take over a freaking month to do it?


Yes. For the record: according to LSN, as of today the Chicago WL currently consists of, among other qualified applicants, Hamilton recipients, HS admits, etc. For reals Chicago?

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:08 am

cucullu wrote:
bhan87 wrote:
jrose5 wrote:Dear UChicago,

At first I felt bitter at being rejected with borderline numbers (I expected a WL), but when I saw the stats of some people you dinged/WL-ed today, it became clear that your class is already full and you had to turn away even those with numbers well above both your medians.

Which is fine, really. But I went from feeling a little hurt to just plain scornful. I respect you, still, as an academic institution, but your admissions committee sucks and has poor organizational skills. If you decide to accept everyone ahead of a certain date, stop taking applications.


Amen to that. Also, if you're just going to ding everyone, why does it take over a freaking month to do it?


Yes. For the record: according to LSN, as of today the Chicago WL currently consists of, among other qualified applicants, Hamilton recipients, HS admits, etc. For reals Chicago?


Yes for reals I'm one of the Chicago waitlists who got into both H and Y.

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby lisjjen » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Dear Northwestern,

I'd be eating Tex Mex in flip flops this winter rather you let me in or not. Enjoy your terrible city and corrupt government.

Peace, Lisjjen

P.S. u just hatin cuz we stole ur profs! lolz

PleaseHelpThanks
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby PleaseHelpThanks » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Dear application process,

Nothing hurts worse than getting dinged from your girlfriend because you’re so stressed about where you’re going to go to school, studying for the LSAT, and waiting 4 months to hear from schools. This past year has been extremely hard on me. I could list about 15 dings, but none compare to the girl I just lost, well maybe Berkeley and NYU, but that’s it.

FML

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby beachbum » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:35 pm

PleaseHelpThanks wrote:Dear application process,

Nothing hurts worse than getting dinged from your girlfriend because you’re so stressed about where you’re going to go to school, studying for the LSAT, and waiting 4 months to hear from schools. This past year has been extremely hard on me. I could list about 15 dings, but none compare to the girl I just lost, well maybe Berkeley and NYU, but that’s it.

FML


Yikes. Sorry bout that.

User avatar
camelcrema
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby camelcrema » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:37 pm

PleaseHelpThanks wrote:Dear application process,

Nothing hurts worse than getting dinged from your girlfriend because you’re so stressed about where you’re going to go to school, studying for the LSAT, and waiting 4 months to hear from schools. This past year has been extremely hard on me. I could list about 15 dings, but none compare to the girl I just lost, well maybe Berkeley and NYU, but that’s it.

FML


That...fucking...wow. I'm sorry, man.

User avatar
zonto
Posts: 480
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby zonto » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:32 pm

It may suck now, but at least it's over now before the stress quintuples when you're actually in law school. Now you can work on healing and focusing on the task that lies ahead. If she wasn't willing to stick with you through thick and thin, better to find out before the huge changes that lie ahead.

hijodehombre
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby hijodehombre » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:34 pm

zonto wrote:It may suck now, but at least it's over now before the stress quintuples when you're actually in law school. Now you can work on healing and focusing on the task that lies ahead. If she wasn't willing to stick with you through thick and thin, better to find out before the huge changes that lie ahead.


+1
(i was going to say something similar but not as nice)

MrLawMan
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby MrLawMan » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:43 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
cucullu wrote:
bhan87 wrote:
jrose5 wrote:Dear UChicago,

At first I felt bitter at being rejected with borderline numbers (I expected a WL), but when I saw the stats of some people you dinged/WL-ed today, it became clear that your class is already full and you had to turn away even those with numbers well above both your medians.

Which is fine, really. But I went from feeling a little hurt to just plain scornful. I respect you, still, as an academic institution, but your admissions committee sucks and has poor organizational skills. If you decide to accept everyone ahead of a certain date, stop taking applications.


Amen to that. Also, if you're just going to ding everyone, why does it take over a freaking month to do it?


Yes. For the record: according to LSN, as of today the Chicago WL currently consists of, among other qualified applicants, Hamilton recipients, HS admits, etc. For reals Chicago?


Yes for reals I'm one of the Chicago waitlists who got into both H and Y.


Dear UChicago,

Columbia.

Best regards,

Mr. LawMan.

btnyegurl
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:58 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby btnyegurl » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:42 pm

PleaseHelpThanks wrote:Dear application process,

Nothing hurts worse than getting dinged from your girlfriend because you’re so stressed about where you’re going to go to school, studying for the LSAT, and waiting 4 months to hear from schools. This past year has been extremely hard on me. I could list about 15 dings, but none compare to the girl I just lost, well maybe Berkeley and NYU, but that’s it.

FML


That's rough man but you'll be alright

PleaseHelpThanks
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby PleaseHelpThanks » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:34 am

hijodehombre wrote:
zonto wrote:It may suck now, but at least it's over now before the stress quintuples when you're actually in law school. Now you can work on healing and focusing on the task that lies ahead. If she wasn't willing to stick with you through thick and thin, better to find out before the huge changes that lie ahead.


+1
(i was going to say something similar but not as nice)


Thanks everyone!

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Sandro » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:40 am

PleaseHelpThanks wrote:Dear application process,

Nothing hurts worse than getting dinged from your girlfriend because you’re so stressed about where you’re going to go to school, studying for the LSAT, and waiting 4 months to hear from schools. This past year has been extremely hard on me. I could list about 15 dings, but none compare to the girl I just lost, well maybe Berkeley and NYU, but that’s it.

FML


Yea studying for the LSAT and the admissions process caused 2 breakups for me with the same girl... but It was no big deal. Sucks man.

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby neonx » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:44 am

Sandro wrote:
PleaseHelpThanks wrote:Dear application process,

Nothing hurts worse than getting dinged from your girlfriend because you’re so stressed about where you’re going to go to school, studying for the LSAT, and waiting 4 months to hear from schools. This past year has been extremely hard on me. I could list about 15 dings, but none compare to the girl I just lost, well maybe Berkeley and NYU, but that’s it.

FML


Yea studying for the LSAT and the admissions process caused 2 breakups for me with the same girl... but It was no big deal. Sucks man.



Yeahhhhh, single for life.

User avatar
redsoxfan2495
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:13 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby redsoxfan2495 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:48 am

Dear Chicago,

I was already pretty much set on going to either Columbia or NYU. Besides, no one around here knows that the University of Chicago is elite anyways. They'd all be more impressed if I said I was going to BC.

Thanks,

redsoxfan

P.S. - A straight up rejection when my GPA is at your median and my LSAT is above your 75th? Was my PS really that bad?

PleaseHelpThanks
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby PleaseHelpThanks » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:54 am

Sandro wrote:
PleaseHelpThanks wrote:Dear application process,

Nothing hurts worse than getting dinged from your girlfriend because you’re so stressed about where you’re going to go to school, studying for the LSAT, and waiting 4 months to hear from schools. This past year has been extremely hard on me. I could list about 15 dings, but none compare to the girl I just lost, well maybe Berkeley and NYU, but that’s it.

FML


Yea studying for the LSAT and the admissions process caused 2 breakups for me with the same girl... but It was no big deal. Sucks man.


I love her so much, but she just won't believe me that I won't be going nuts once school starts, and that the me from the past year is who I am, which it's not. And what's worse, I'm going to end up where she is anyway, and all the stress was for nothing, and she's giving up right before shit is tight.

User avatar
camelcrema
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby camelcrema » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:04 am

PleaseHelpThanks wrote:
I love her so much, but she just won't believe me that I won't be going nuts once school starts, and that the me from the past year is who I am, which it's not. And what's worse, I'm going to end up where she is anyway, and all the stress was for nothing, and she's giving up right before shit is tight.



Dude. If I've learned anything from TLS wisdom, it's that you WILL be going nuts once school starts.

bhan87
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby bhan87 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:06 am

redsoxfan2495 wrote:Dear Chicago,

I was already pretty much set on going to either Columbia or NYU. Besides, no one around here knows that the University of Chicago is elite anyways. They'd all be more impressed if I said I was going to BC.

Thanks,

redsoxfan

P.S. - A straight up rejection when my GPA is at your median and my LSAT is above your 75th? Was my PS really that bad?


I got dinged with a 75th LSAT and near 75th GPA... I was a bit perplexed. (Same PS was auto admitted to CLS and Berkeley)

Also Chicago, why would anyone want to live in Hyde Park when they could go to a better ranked school in a better city? Promises of rigoar can only go so far

llamaman
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:59 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby llamaman » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:08 am

redsoxfan2495 wrote:Dear Chicago,

I was already pretty much set on going to either Columbia or NYU. Besides, no one around here knows that the University of Chicago is elite anyways. They'd all be more impressed if I said I was going to BC.

Thanks,

redsoxfan

P.S. - A straight up rejection when my GPA is at your median and my LSAT is above your 75th? Was my PS really that bad?


Glad to see another Sox fan will be in NY next year. I'm already scouting friendly places to watch Pats' games (assuming a CBA)

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:16 am

bhan87 wrote:
redsoxfan2495 wrote:Dear Chicago,

I was already pretty much set on going to either Columbia or NYU. Besides, no one around here knows that the University of Chicago is elite anyways. They'd all be more impressed if I said I was going to BC.

Thanks,

redsoxfan

P.S. - A straight up rejection when my GPA is at your median and my LSAT is above your 75th? Was my PS really that bad?


I got dinged with a 75th LSAT and near 75th GPA... I was a bit perplexed. (Same PS was auto admitted to CLS and Berkeley)

Also Chicago, why would anyone want to live in Hyde Park when they could go to a better ranked school in a better city? Promises of rigoar can only go so far


ummm No.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby beachbum » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:18 am

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
bhan87 wrote:
redsoxfan2495 wrote:Dear Chicago,

I was already pretty much set on going to either Columbia or NYU. Besides, no one around here knows that the University of Chicago is elite anyways. They'd all be more impressed if I said I was going to BC.

Thanks,

redsoxfan

P.S. - A straight up rejection when my GPA is at your median and my LSAT is above your 75th? Was my PS really that bad?


I got dinged with a 75th LSAT and near 75th GPA... I was a bit perplexed. (Same PS was auto admitted to CLS and Berkeley)

Also Chicago, why would anyone want to live in Hyde Park when they could go to a better ranked school in a better city? Promises of rigoar can only go so far


ummm No.


You're doing it wrong.

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:19 am

PleaseHelpThanks wrote:
Sandro wrote:
PleaseHelpThanks wrote:Dear application process,

Nothing hurts worse than getting dinged from your girlfriend because you’re so stressed about where you’re going to go to school, studying for the LSAT, and waiting 4 months to hear from schools. This past year has been extremely hard on me. I could list about 15 dings, but none compare to the girl I just lost, well maybe Berkeley and NYU, but that’s it.

FML


Yea studying for the LSAT and the admissions process caused 2 breakups for me with the same girl... but It was no big deal. Sucks man.


I love her so much, but she just won't believe me that I won't be going nuts once school starts, and that the me from the past year is who I am, which it's not. And what's worse, I'm going to end up where she is anyway, and all the stress was for nothing, and she's giving up right before shit is tight.


sucks man. Sorry.

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:20 am

beachbum wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
bhan87 wrote:
redsoxfan2495 wrote:Dear Chicago,

I was already pretty much set on going to either Columbia or NYU. Besides, no one around here knows that the University of Chicago is elite anyways. They'd all be more impressed if I said I was going to BC.

Thanks,

redsoxfan

P.S. - A straight up rejection when my GPA is at your median and my LSAT is above your 75th? Was my PS really that bad?


I got dinged with a 75th LSAT and near 75th GPA... I was a bit perplexed. (Same PS was auto admitted to CLS and Berkeley)

Also Chicago, why would anyone want to live in Hyde Park when they could go to a better ranked school in a better city? Promises of rigoar can only go so far


ummm No.


You're doing it wrong.


I know, I know I love it when people rag on U. of C but the City is awesome. Just couldn't let a New Yorker down my city. Yeah but you right. Now back to the ding bar.

bhan87
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby bhan87 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:35 am

unc0mm0n1 wrote:Also Chicago, why would anyone want to live in Hyde Park when they could go to a better ranked school in a better city? Promises of rigoar can only go so far


ummm No.[/quote]

You're doing it wrong.[/quote]

I know, I know I love it when people rag on U. of C but the City is awesome. Just couldn't let a New Yorker down my city. Yeah but you right. Now back to the ding bar.[/quote]

To clarify, I'm not a New Yorker and I wasn't ragging on Chicago (which I think is awesome), but Hyde Park specifically. Manhattan > Hyde Park imo




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicationquestions, curry4bfast, ellielaw and 5 guests