THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
splitmuch

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby splitmuch » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:17 pm

Dear Dean Z and the UM Law Admissions Committee,

Ann Arbor is a whore.

MillerTime

Postby MillerTime » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:58 pm

Dear Emory,

I got your WL email while at a reception for a better law school. When I looked at my phone and saw your decision I laughed out loud. Stop acting like you didn't drop 8 places in the rankings.

paisaaa

Postby paisaaa » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:06 pm

evandm wrote:Dear Emory,

I got your WL email while at a reception for a better law school. When I looked at my phone and saw your decision I laughed out loud. Stop acting like you didn't drop 8 places in the rankings.

What's an Emory?

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:24 pm

emory= e- memory

loblaw

Postby loblaw » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:34 pm

Dear UF,

Listen, I know you got money problems and kids to feed, but I just can't help you out. With your liberal arts programs in the shitter, I would've thought you could have taken my tuition money back in '09 and bought your kids something real nice with it. But, no--and as soon as I started rockin' a new LSAT score and some sweet work experience, you were all "fee waiver" this and "consider Florida" that.

I told you Florida, while I am highly impressed with your credentials, I regret that I cannot fill out an application at this time. I am certain that with your qualifications you will receive applications from a number of fine law students. I wish you the best of luck in maintaining your minuscule and diminishing edge on Florida State....

Best,

J

Hey,

Listen, Florida, I thought I made my point, but you still have your undergrads calling me, asking me for donations. I'm done supporting your habit. You won't get any more money from me. I'm going to law school this fall, so no, I don't have an extra $50 for you to spend on an abstract statue that resembles a potato and/or potato-based product.

Also, I would like to update my contact information in the alumni database, as I have recently switched cell phone carriers. I can now be reached at 1-800-DITECH-3.

-J

kk19131

Postby kk19131 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:41 pm

agora139 wrote:dear emory,

and, f you, you YPing SOB.

Yesssss for continuing the "Dear Emory, 30."

:lol:

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:02 am

agora139 wrote:dear emory,

and, f you, you YPing SOB.

+ 1

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:07 am

Dear Georgetown,

Thanks for the PWL but I already got into the OTHER #14 school and it won't put me in nearly as much debt. And its warm there.

Adios diploma mill,

Swimmergirl

jtb00711

Postby jtb00711 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:22 am

Dear Louisville,
Thought I would go ahead and punch you while you are down. How in the hell do you lost to Morehead St.?!?! Honestly, how do you? You will always play second fiddle to UK in Kentucky, ALWAYS. Did I mention Morehead St.?! I believe you owe a majority of American's some sort o reimbursement since they lost money in their office pools due to your lack of performance.

Sincerely,
Son of a Morehead St. Alumni

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:28 am

Dear Emory,

Second, I know how easy it is to compare LSAT and GPAs to try to determine how admission offers are issued. I assure you that this is only one part of the evaluation.

Wow, could have fooled me. Seems to me like your entire class, well, atleast 75% of it, is within 2 lsat points of each other. You recently have dropped ~10 spots in the rankings over the past two years, have terrible employment numbers, and now are not actively looking to improve your class profile gpa/lsat - witness your affinity for median lsat splitters while passing up on higher scores/gpas.

Have fun with that.

duckmoney

Postby duckmoney » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:37 am

loblaw wrote:Dear UF,

Listen, I know you got money problems and kids to feed, but I just can't help you out. With your liberal arts programs in the shitter, I would've thought you could have taken my tuition money back in '09 and bought your kids something real nice with it. But, no--and as soon as I started rockin' a new LSAT score and some sweet work experience, you were all "fee waiver" this and "consider Florida" that.

I told you Florida, while I am highly impressed with your credentials, I regret that I cannot fill out an application at this time. I am certain that with your qualifications you will receive applications from a number of fine law students. I wish you the best of luck in maintaining your minuscule and diminishing edge on Florida State....

Best,

J

Hey,

Listen, Florida, I thought I made my point, but you still have your undergrads calling me, asking me for donations. I'm done supporting your habit. You won't get any more money from me. I'm going to law school this fall, so no, I don't have an extra $50 for you to spend on an abstract statue that resembles a potato and/or potato-based product.

Also, I would like to update my contact information in the alumni database, as I have recently switched cell phone carriers. I can now be reached at 1-800-DITECH-3.

-J

Aaaaaannnndddd this is why I'm not spending another 3 years in Gainesville.

paisaaa

Postby paisaaa » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:50 am

jtb00711 wrote:I believe you owe a majority of American's some sort o reimbursement since they lost money in their office pools due to your lack of performance.

Seriously.

waitlisteddd

Postby waitlisteddd » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:34 am

splitmuch wrote:Dear Dean Z and the UM Law Admissions Committee,

Ann Arbor is a whore.

+1

txadv11

Postby txadv11 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:41 am

Dear Drake,

Looking to LSAC's admissions numbers, 100% of people in my "GPA/LSAT Matrix" were accepted last year. You wait-listed me, even though I applied in early December?
Sorry you are in a cold, hippie-liberal, unpopulated area (Iowa, lawls), and share your name with a rapper.... but I wasn't planning on attending. I was hoping to use your $$$ for leverage elsewhere. Oh well, maybe you can trick other applicants into showing up in August with your "Ivy-sounding" name.

[img]Coolschoolbro.jpg[/img]

Sincerely,

txadv

androstan

Postby androstan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:44 pm

loblaw wrote:Dear UF,

Best,

J

Hey,

-J

FUCK YES.

You should have played up the "drug habit" more. This was an excellent post but has potential and could have been even more.

I love the "with your qualifications..." rofl

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:06 pm

Last edited by descartesb4thehorse on Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:24 pm

Sandro wrote:Dear Emory,

Second, I know how easy it is to compare LSAT and GPAs to try to determine how admission offers are issued. I assure you that this is only one part of the evaluation.

Wow, could have fooled me. Seems to me like your entire class, well, atleast 75% of it, is within 2 lsat points of each other. You recently have dropped ~10 spots in the rankings over the past two years, have terrible employment numbers, and now are not actively looking to improve your class profile gpa/lsat - witness your affinity for median lsat splitters while passing up on higher scores/gpas.

Have fun with that.

SO TRUE. What a joke.

hijodehombre

Postby hijodehombre » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:37 pm

Dear Boalt,

Even Brett Favre thinks you're overrated.

Sincerely,

Someone who at least respects Favres' numbers.

btnyegurl

Postby btnyegurl » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:31 pm

Dear Miami,
Thanks for not sending me to one of the most dangerous cities in America, and that's saying alot for someone from NYC

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:32 pm

btnyegurl wrote:Dear Miami,
Thanks for not sending me to one of the most dangerous cities in America, and that's saying alot for someone from NYC
It would be more applicable for Rutgers-Camden. Anyone considering that school has clearly not visited it. And if they have visited, they have not walked for 15 minutes in any direction from the school.

btnyegurl

Postby btnyegurl » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:54 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
btnyegurl wrote:Dear Miami,
It would be more applicable for Rutgers-Camden. Anyone considering that school has clearly not visited it. And if they have visited, they have not walked for 15 minutes in any direction from the school.

Too true :lol:

loblaw

Postby loblaw » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:41 am

valengina wrote:
evandm wrote:Dear Emory,

What's an Emory?

--ImageRemoved--

acrowder914

Postby acrowder914 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Dear Northwestern,

I appreciate the quick response to my application, and to be honest, having gone to grad school at NYU, I've seen enough purple to last a lifetime.

Thanks, but no thanks,
Andy

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:35 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:Georgetown

The ONLY school to reject me out of the 10 I applied to. No regular WL, no PWL, no nothing. Adios DC LS dreams, I'll be attending a way cheaper school with a lower COL, which is probably better for my finances anyway.

msridiculous447

Postby msridiculous447 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:59 pm

lazyapplicant wrote:Dear Georgetown,

At ITT Tech I can pursue a career in criminal justice for a fraction of the costs. Me 1, Georgetown 0.

WINNING

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”