THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Laina

Bronze

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by Laina » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:22 pm

My first ding!!

Yale: thanks for not forcing me to go to New Haven. I've had many friends go to you only to come out with life sucked out of them. Thanks for letting me stay in beautiful California.

summerstar

Bronze

Post by summerstar » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:47 pm

what a relief! (not referring to Yale)
Last edited by summerstar on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nyskidude

Bronze

Post by nyskidude » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:49 pm

UCLA - Eh, I'd rather not get the crap beaten out of me if I get pulled over for speeding or if I get caught jay-walking.

UIB - I know it's only a waitlist, but really? I am only one point below your apparent 164 line, with a very high GPA. I don't care though. "The Hoosiers" is a very overrated movie, and you are a very overrated school. And you are like Notre Dame for athletics. You keep trying to stay relevant, but everyone knows you are done.

roxj

Bronze

Post by roxj » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:33 pm

I have spent 12 hours in New Haven in my entire life, and during that period there were TWO arsons AND a drive-by. Nuff said.

ViIIager

Bronze

Post by ViIIager » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:01 am

Dear William and Mary,

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for not sending me any notification that I've been waitlisted or rejected. It's such a pleasure to be held in limbo; luckily, the fine folks on TLS have let me know that you silently waitlist everyone, including those you will later reject. I know I've always appreciated it when, in professional and personal life, I've had individuals/institutions avoid communication.

As a sidenote, your british-loving name leads me to believe you prefer the Queen's English, and therefore your appellation as a "college" suggests "an institution between school and university level."

Cheers.

(If your erudite reply is that I applied late in January and you simply haven't had the time to notify me of acceptance, my apologies; I still would rather avoid hobnobbing with colonials on a campus which, in my undergrad days, was famous for its suicides)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:10 am

ViIIager wrote:Dear William and Mary,

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for not sending me any notification that I've been waitlisted or rejected. It's such a pleasure to be held in limbo; luckily, the fine folks on TLS have let me know that you silently waitlist everyone, including those you will later reject. I know I've always appreciated it when, in professional and personal life, I've had individuals/institutions avoid communication.

As a sidenote, your british-loving name leads me to believe you prefer the Queen's English, and therefore your appellation as a "college" suggests "an institution between school and university level."

Cheers.

(If your erudite reply is that I applied late in January and you simply haven't had the time to notify me of acceptance, my apologies; I still would rather avoid hobnobbing with colonials on a campus which, in my undergrad days, was famous for its suicides)
lulz. Ding Bar gold.

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:31 am

thickfreakness wrote:
ViIIager wrote:Dear William and Mary,

Cheers.

lulz. Ding Bar gold.
Villager, FTW

reasonabledoubt

Silver

Post by reasonabledoubt » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:15 pm

They said:

"Dear RD,

After careful consideration of your file, unfortunately, the Committee on Admissions is unable to approve your application for admission to the Law Center for the Fall of 2010.

Last year, we received almost 12,000 applications for the 575 places available in our first year class, and each year the quality of our applicant pool continues to increase. Consequently, the Committee must make the difficult decision of turning down many well-qualified candidates who have the potential for success in a law program.

We appreciate your interest in Georgetown and wish you success in attaining your academic goals.

Sincerely,

Andrew P. Cornblatt"

I fixed here:

Dear RD,

After a quick, hasty and non-holistic glance of your file, fortunately, the Committee on Admissions is able to send a quick email to ding you as it's both efficient and we're lazy. Thanks for the app money which will go towards the Law Center for the Fall of 2010 and/or our collaborators pockets for martinis.

Last year, we received almost 12,000 applications for the 575 places available in our first year class, and each year the quantity of our applicant pool continues to increase. We design it that way because it's good money. Consequently, the Committee must make the inconsequential decision of turning down most of the well-qualified candidates who will recieve a better legal education elsewhere. We're sort of a TTT diploma mill. HTH.

Thanks for your app money to GeorgeTTTown, you're one lucky SOB that we ding-emailed you.

Cheers,

Andrew P. Cornblatt

summerstar

Bronze

Post by summerstar » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:22 pm

hahaha good one. At least you didn't get one of those incredibly thin, and I mean THIN little envelops with your name spelled in auto-print on the front. Damn! Why are those envelops so goddamn thin...I don't see even regular mail with one page letters that thin. Depressing.

NESL....THANK YOU again!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TWoodWil

Bronze

Post by TWoodWil » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:27 pm

What the UVA ding email really means:

Mr. TWoodWil,

We have carefully reviewed your application for admission, or at least as carefully as five minutes while eating a sandwich allows. I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a place in the entering class, but we were able to take your application fees. I'm going to use your fee for a new keyboard.

Last year we received 7,102 nonresident applications and 778 resident applications (7,880 total) for the 360 seats in the entering class. This year's application volume is poised to increase by at least 10 percent. There is no question in my mind that this will be the most difficult year on record in which to gain admission to Virginia Law. I know this has no bearing on you at all, just thought you'd like to know that there's a lot of other idiots like you that we reject each year.

I hope you excuse the informality of this communication, but I thought you might appreciate speed over formality. In addition, we are communicating almost exclusively via email now in an attempt to reduce our reliance on paper; though it's mostly so we do not have to waste precious cents mailing rejection letters to philistines like you.

I sincerely appreciate your interest in Virginia Law and for padding our rejection rate. I wish you the very best in your legal education and professional career, but neither Virginia Law nor I wish to be a part of either aspect of your life.

Jason Wu Trujillo '01
Senior Assistant Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid

summerstar

Bronze

Post by summerstar » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:02 pm

lmfao TWil

amputatedbrain

Bronze

Post by amputatedbrain » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:37 pm

Duke's been stringing me along since mid October until the e-mail instaDing today. Thanks for nothing Duke . . . I've been waitlisted at better schools than you.

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:15 pm

Ding at Berkeley law.

Dear Berkeley:

I don't want to pay 52 thousand dollars to to be around hipsters.

Sarlis.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:16 pm

I hate Duke. Carried me around since 10/5 without at least giving me a waitlist...grr

nyskidude

Bronze

Post by nyskidude » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:30 pm

Duke: I feel like me becoming a confirmed Catholic this spring would have an issue with being a blue "devil" anyways :twisted:

Berkeley: If you're going to be big fat meanies and crush a little boy's dream, then i don't want you anyways

professorvoltron

New

Post by professorvoltron » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:48 pm

I know it is only a second tier law school but...here I go. Me personally I am an adrenaline junky. That is why I am disappointed over the fact that I got dinged at the University of Houston. I wanted to experience the life or death thrill of the commute to school not once, but twice a day. I also wouldn't have had to worry about staying in shape either, because everyday I would be busy sprinting to areas of cover to avoid being shot at. Finally there is the architecture. The campus is so "unique" it looks as if I drove my DeLorean 88MPH and and it took me to post WWII Stalingrad. U of H if you were free I'd still feel ripped off. :D

reasonabledoubt

Silver

Post by reasonabledoubt » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:50 pm

professorvoltron wrote:I know it is only a second tier law school but...here I go. Me personally I am an adrenaline junky. That is why I am disappointed over the fact that I got dinged at the University of Houston. I wanted to experience the life or death thrill of the commute to school not once, but twice a day. I also wouldn't have had to worry about staying in shape either, because everyday I would be busy sprinting to areas of cover to avoid being shot at. Finally there is the architecture. The campus is so "unique" it looks as if I drove my DeLorean 88MPH and and it took me to post WWII Stalingrad. U of H if you were free I'd still feel ripped off. :D
The Ding Bar is Back!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

amputatedbrain

Bronze

Post by amputatedbrain » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:55 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:
professorvoltron wrote:I know it is only a second tier law school but...here I go. Me personally I am an adrenaline junky. That is why I am disappointed over the fact that I got dinged at the University of Houston. I wanted to experience the life or death thrill of the commute to school not once, but twice a day. I also wouldn't have had to worry about staying in shape either, because everyday I would be busy sprinting to areas of cover to avoid being shot at. Finally there is the architecture. The campus is so "unique" it looks as if I drove my DeLorean 88MPH and and it took me to post WWII Stalingrad. U of H if you were free I'd still feel ripped off. :D
The Ding Bar is Back!
Let's make sure it never falls back past page 1 again.

lawhawk

Bronze

Post by lawhawk » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:33 pm

Illinois -- Even if I had a 167 LSAT do you really think I would waste away in Champagne for three years? The University of Illinois is so memorable that the only reason I remembered I applied was because of Pless' rejection email.

Have fun being the 5th best law school in your market.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Genius.

gator08

New

Post by gator08 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:19 pm

Ding: Tulane 2009 cycle

Timeline: Application Received 11/21, Application Complete 11/24, Application Under Review 4/19, Waitlisted 4/20 = F you gator.

How bout this for animosity, if I'm gonna attend a school that gets hit by hurricanes I'm gonna at least attend one where the city doesn't get wiped off the map.

Can't believe I studied abroad in France to try and impress a school (not my whole motive for going abroad, but the thought did occur to me) that is located in a state using Napoleonic Code. I got somthing for ya Tulane, Nique ta mere!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:04 pm

gator08 wrote: I got somthing for ya Tulane, Nique ta mere!
A+

jocelyne

Bronze

Post by jocelyne » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:31 pm

Sigh, was looking for this thread earlier..

I got lots of rejections that came to me one after another, lol. At least my cycle's done! :(

gator08

New

Post by gator08 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:06 pm

This is my contribution to keep the Ding Bar on page one.

zreinhar

Bronze

Post by zreinhar » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:12 pm

A part of me can't wait to get my February Score back just so I can come here and burn some school up.. figuratively of course... See I got a 155 in Dec and an LSAC fee waiver, so every school that accepted the Feb score gets an App from me.. that means you Penn, you watch your back, when I get that sub-160 back youre going down... you too chicago, youll soon be in the third city....

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”