THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MalachiConstant

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby MalachiConstant » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:09 pm

WL at Hastings.

San Francisco is cold, depressing, and dirty. If I was anyway interested in that, I would have just stayed with my last girlfriend.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:10 pm

MalachiConstant wrote:WL at Hastings.

San Francisco is cold, depressing, and dirty. If I was anyway interested in that, I would have just stayed with my last girlfriend.

Nice!

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:19 pm

Dear Albany:
When i met with you in person, you verbally offered me at minimum a 75% scholly, and a quick turnaround. That was back on november 3rd- and my application was complete 10/28. I just got accepted on friday- got the packet today, and no scholarship. So i called about that, and was told all funds were out, sorry. WTF! I'm glad you are shrinking the class. Maybe you should start spending money on your facilities and not on yourselves. Your school is atrocious, and you are the laughing stock of the professional schools int he city. You are a joke and a liar- and I hope you drop from TTT to TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. Cooley is more reputable than you. At least when they tell you you are getting a scholarship- you get it- even if its impossible to keep. By the way, Mckinley was president ( and an alum) 100 years ago- and how did his career end? He got murderded, most likely by a fed up former student who was tired of your lies.

I expect to be lied to by a used car salesman, not by a institution of higher education. You are scummier than a used car salesman who specializes in selling wreckers from a junkyard.

I hope you choke out on that foot that dropkicked you in the teeth.

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:26 pm

Dear Columbia

Ivies are snobby... and you're expensive... and your law building sucks... and... and.... tears taste good in my Ben & Jerry's.

And I hope you find happiness even if it's not with me.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:31 pm

lisjjen wrote:Dear Columbia

Ivies are snobby... and you're expensive... and your law building sucks... and... and.... tears taste good in my Ben & Jerry's.

Awww. That one was sweet. :(

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:42 pm

Very sorry about this one, but it looks like you have a bunch of great options so I have no doubt that you will be good my friend.

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:34 pm

RJ127 wrote:

Very sorry about this one, but it looks like you have a bunch of great options so I have no doubt that you will be good my friend.

I appreciate it. The secret is, I was hoping to get into UChi, Columbia or HLS to make my decision easy. Now I have to decide between UMich/Cornell@200k or UT@100k.

gin

Postby gin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:42 pm

Dear Mr. McGeogre:
Thank you for making my day after a fairly average and uneventful day. Nevertheless, you did prove to be a rather pushy salesman with your "one e-mail a day" practice to annoy prospective applicants into applying into your third rate school. I must say, you did make me feel flattered (and a little creeped out) with how much you told me you wanted me. I finally gave in after your 50th email where you said I would get priority email and offered me scholarship money. After that, I didn't hear from you for over two months (some peace I didn't get to enjoy thanks to Regent). If that is what "priority" means to you I shutter to think what applicants who actually wanted to go there and didn't get priority went through. Then you come and say that I would not go be able to attend your school after offering me scholarship money... the heart break I had to go through (just kidding :wink: ). Nevertheless let me just inform you, since by the looks of it you are not very good at law, you could be sued for deceptive advertisement for that (you might want to get a lawyer to explain it to you).
The only saving grace you have is that you are a private school (or person...I'm not really sure) in California which is going down in flames and taking its public schools down with it. Then again, the UCs are going down in flames but they still out do you in every single aspect. To conclude, you can rest assured there are no hard feelings between us. I hope you enjoy your amazing job prospects and you fare well against the 1 million other California schools. I hope you enjoyed reading my application (I would put a joke about how little I sent you but the reality is that I don't remember) and being at the bottom of my schools.
Sincerely,
Gin

subtle

Postby subtle » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:50 pm

gin wrote:Dear Mr. McGeogre:
Thank you for making my day after a fairly average and uneventful day. Nevertheless, you did prove to be a rather pushy salesman with your "one e-mail a day" practice to annoy prospective applicants into applying into your third rate school. I must say, you did make me feel flattered (and a little creeped out) with how much you told me you wanted me. I finally gave in after your 50th email where you said I would get priority email and offered me scholarship money. After that, I didn't hear from you for over two months (some peace I didn't get to enjoy thanks to Regent). If that is what "priority" means to you I shutter to think what applicants who actually wanted to go there and didn't get priority went through. Then you come and say that I would not go be able to attend your school after offering me scholarship money... the heart break I had to go through (just kidding :wink: ). Nevertheless let me just inform you, since by the looks of it you are not very good at law, you could be sued for deceptive advertisement for that (you might want to get a lawyer to explain it to you).
The only saving grace you have is that you are a private school (or person...I'm not really sure) in California which is going down in flames and taking its public schools down with it. Then again, the UCs are going down in flames but they still out do you in every single aspect. To conclude, you can rest assured there are no hard feelings between us. I hope you enjoy your amazing job prospects and you fare well against the 1 million other California schools. I hope you enjoyed reading my application (I would put a joke about how little I sent you but the reality is that I don't remember) and being at the bottom of my schools.
Sincerely,
Gin

Seriously????

VTOrange19

Postby VTOrange19 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:41 am

Tulane,

Thank you for rejecting me. Seriously. You have done me a favor, and you think you hurt my feelings.

Little do you know, the joke is on you. The girlfriend wanted me to move to Louisiana, and now, thanks to you, I have an excuse not to do this. She will see things my way; we will move where I want to go instead of her Big Easy accounting firm. People need accountants everywhere, right? Explaining the portability of a degree after a three-year jaunt in a place known for trying to dodge natural disasters, oil spills, and drunk tourists was hard at first. Now I have the stacked deck to avoid you like the plague, although based on your track record, a plague might be next in your future.

Also, thank you for teaching a system of laws unused in the rest of the United States. Thank you for the Seahawks murdering your newfound sports glory. Thank you for the NBA now owning the Hornets.

Mardi Gras sucks. I'd rather spend any week in Vegas than a night there during Mardi Gras. Get over yourself, you are dirty.

-MK

MillerTime

Postby MillerTime » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:37 am

VTOrange19 wrote:
Also, thank you for teaching a system of laws unused in the rest of the United States. Thank you for the Seahawks murdering your newfound sports glory. Thank you for the NBA now owning the Hornets.

-MK

Love it.

Flett

Postby Flett » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:49 am

evandm wrote:
VTOrange19 wrote:

-MK

Love it.

rofl. <3

askyemcdonald

Postby askyemcdonald » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:39 pm

Vanderbilt....I'm so over you anyway. :D

(waited too long to post....I've lost all anger about my WL)

agora139

Postby agora139 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:22 pm

dear berkeley,
you suck and i'm not inviting you to my birthday party.
love,
agora

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:55 pm

Dear Berkeley Law,

If you truly feel regret at rejecting me, as you state in your letter, then why did you not change your stance? I must assume you are irrational actors, and I could not attend such a school as run by your likes.

Also, in-n-out is grossly over-rated and California sucks.

Perch

Postby Perch » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:11 pm

agora139 wrote:dear berkeley,
you suck and i'm not inviting you to my birthday party.
love,
agora

winner!

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:14 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:Also, in-n-out is grossly over-rated and California sucks.

TRUTH!

(full disclosure: San Diego is awesome. So is Santa Barbara)

ChriLa425

Postby ChriLa425 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:24 pm

Dear Berkeley,

I really didn´t want to be forced to eat kelp for three years. Also, cotton tees with cliche environmental slogans are so 2008.

aaaaaah

Postby aaaaaah » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Dear UVA,

I'm over it. (LinkRemoved)

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:59 pm

aaaaaah wrote:Dear UVA,

seriously, this is one of the many reasons i did not even think of UVa as a real option.

whirledpeas86

Postby whirledpeas86 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:21 pm

rs2004 wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:Dear UVA,

seriously, this is one of the many reasons i did not even think of UVa as a real option.

+fucking1

fakemoney

Postby fakemoney » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:42 pm

That's just disgraceful.

pattonthicke

Postby pattonthicke » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:16 pm

Wow. Glad i didnt get in now. Really?

Peameal

Postby Peameal » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:30 pm

It's the cumulative impact of the blog that really does it for me. Just doesn't sound like a place I'd want to be for three years, and so I'm still fine with the rejection.
Definitely the worst $12 I've ever spent though.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:15 pm

pattonthicke wrote:Wow. Glad i didnt get in now. Really?

No clue about UVA, but to take Elie Mystal's reporting on it as gospel is a bit scary.

Possible explanation: they borrowed (or rented) an undergrad fraternity house to have a party with the understanding that party supplies would be there (like boards for flipcup and beer pong). They went in and found that the beer pong boards were painted in confederate flags. They were then faced with the option of not playing those games as some sort of tacit disapproval of the flags, or suck it up and play on the confederate flag beer pong boards. Now, as far as somebody saying the n-word - who knows. That was an anonymous report of "somebody" saying it. It could have been an undergrad fraternity member, or it could have not happened at all, or it could have been somebody quoting a rap lyric, or it could have been a guy in a white hood shouting it at a student of color.

Now, I know that the spirit of the ding bar is to vent at schools who have denied or waitlisted you and I don't want to derail that, but just wanted to temper Elie's race-baiting.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”