THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Gemini

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Gemini » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:48 pm

northwood wrote:dear VILLANOVA!

WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU WAITLISTED ME!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Ive been doing a victory dance ever since i opened up your email! In lieu of your ethical transgressions, being waitlisted and told to pursue other options is a victory! Im not on the same ethical wavelength as your school. I didnt lie on my application, my numbers were pretty close, and you took a pass. I guess this is what it feels like to turn down the devils promise! 1234 you felt the paise of the whistle blow! 456, you can go and lick my stick 789- watch out for the ramifications as they come down the line

WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GREATEST NEWS EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
now i dont have to waste my time writing you a letter to take a pass on your seat
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Victory Dancin' all night
Northwood

:lol: :lol:

What ethical violations?

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:49 pm

they got caught lying about incoming class profiles.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:53 pm

:O

How bad?

legalprincess

Postby legalprincess » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:06 pm

Dear SMU,
I admit, at first, I thought we were meant to be. After all, we both loved George Bush. We both loved warm weather. We both drove BMW's and spray tanned, and wore lots of Ralph Lauren...well, actually you were a school, so you couldn't drive, shop, or spray tan, but deep down, I knew that if you were a person, you would have. When I applied to you, I knew that you were everything I ever dreamed of, and I hoped that you would realize that really, I was everything you dreamed of, too...even if my numbers did imply that some of that spray tan goop had gone to my brain.
Apparently, though, you're into "smart" people now.
First of all, smart people don't buy BMW's when they've never had a job, so really, be careful what you wish for, you Harvard of Dallas! Secondly, my cousin went to you for UG. He came back gay. Initially, I chalked that up to coincidence, but really, as a good republican, that's not a risk I want to take. Thirdly, as much as I love my heated leather seats, spending two hours a day trying to drive 10 miles really is not my idea of a good time...even if I do get to play a game of vehicular Frogger with a few hobos along the way when I try to make it into other parts of the city.
Really, I'm cool with staying in the SEC. After all, we get to cheer for real football teams. Besides, if I'm going to be unemployable, I might as well be unemployable without 200k in debt.
Much love,
Princess
P.S. When I say “much love”, I mean it literally! If you’ll please move me from the “deferred for further review” pile into the super awesome “accepted” one, I promise, I will learn to drive in Dallas traffic for you!

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:10 pm

legalprincess wrote:Dear SMU...

Kinda offensive (and not just towards Dallas or SMU. Was that intentional?

equalityLaw10

Postby equalityLaw10 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:13 pm

applepiecrust wrote:

+1

legalprincess

Postby legalprincess » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:15 pm

applepiecrust wrote:

I wasn't trying to be offensive. Just sarcastic.

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:18 pm

nicely done legal princess!
( you have to read these things in a sarcastic manner)

legalprincess

Postby legalprincess » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:23 pm

neonx

Postby neonx » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:28 pm

legalprincess wrote:Dear SMU,
Secondly, my cousin went to you for UG. He came back gay. Initially, I chalked that up to coincidence, but really, as a good republican, that's not a risk I want to take.

Help me with the sarcasm here.

deathviaboredom

Postby deathviaboredom » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 pm

neonx wrote:
Secondly, my cousin went to you for UG. He came back gay. Initially, I chalked that up to coincidence, but really, as a good republican, that's not a risk I want to take.

I'm having difficulty, too.

subtle

Postby subtle » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 pm

neonx wrote:

+1

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:47 pm

that part is a little bit harsh

still was a good ding post though
Last edited by northwood on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

legalprincess

Postby legalprincess » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:49 pm

neonx wrote:

I was just playing on the stereotype that SMU is filled with homophobic conservatives. I promise, I really didn't mean to offend anyone.

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:50 pm

northwood wrote:that part is a little bit harsh

Meh, after the George Bush, BMW, and spray tans, I figured I wouldn't take any of it seriously anyway.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:50 pm

All y'all shut the hell up. It's the ding bar. I don't know how many times it has to be said. It's a free-expression zone to vent, and if you don't like it, go back to the LSAT forum. That shit was funny.
Last edited by JazzOne on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:51 pm

youre not supposed to- but i understand how it can be taken the wrong way.
I still think its good though

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:52 pm

northwood wrote:youre not supposed to- but i understand how it can be taken the wrong way.
I still think its good though

Exactly. (Don't take it seriously that is. Don't care how it was taken any other way.)

kublaikahn

Postby kublaikahn » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:24 am

If this thread gets blocked I'm gonna be bitter.

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:31 am

kublaikahn wrote:If this thread gets blocked I'm gonna be bitter.

+1

tepper

Postby tepper » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:15 am

JazzOne wrote:All y'all shut the hell up. It's the ding bar. I don't know how many times it has to be said. It's a free-expression zone to vent, and if you don't like it, go back to the LSAT forum. That shit was funny.

+1

frijoles99

Postby frijoles99 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:15 am

University of PA
- Wow that was quick, did you even look at my face(i mean personal statement). I feel so unsatisfied, premature rejections are terrible. Besides I'm glad I didn't go to UPenn because I like schools that think about things other than how big my LSAT/GPA score is.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:43 am

Dear Miami,

WL? Really? You must have known that even with my shitty GPA I was off to somewhere bigger and better than the overcrowded FL legal hellhole, but why play all the games holding my application and then WLing me? If you were trying to see how serious I was about attending, you have your answer: not serious at all.

Feel free to go fuck yourselves.

Best,

cowgirl_bebop

P.S.: Instead of waiting around for my WL reply, you should spend your time trying to figure out why LeBron threw up that brick in the final seconds of the Heat-Bulls game last night.

androstan

Postby androstan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:47 am

I admit, at first, I thought we were meant to be. After all, we both loved George Bush. We both loved warm weather. We both drove BMW's and spray tanned, and wore lots of Ralph Lauren...well, actually you were a school, so you couldn't drive, shop, or spray tan, but deep down, I knew that if you were a person, you would have. When I applied to you, I knew that you were everything I ever dreamed of, and I hoped that you would realize that really, I was everything you dreamed of, too...even if my numbers did imply that some of that spray tan goop had gone to my brain.
First of all, smart people don't buy BMW's when they've never had a job, so really, be careful what you wish for, you Harvard of Dallas! Secondly, my cousin went to you for UG. He came back gay. Initially, I chalked that up to coincidence, but really, as a good republican, that's not a risk I want to take. Thirdly, as much as I love my heated leather seats, spending two hours a day trying to drive 10 miles really is not my idea of a good time...even if I do get to play a game of vehicular Frogger with a few hobos along the way when I try to make it into other parts of the city.
Really, I'm cool with staying in the SEC. After all, we get to cheer for real football teams. Besides, if I'm going to be unemployable, I might as well be unemployable without 200k in debt.
Much love,
Princess
P.S. When I say “much love”, I mean it literally! If you’ll please move me from the “deferred for further review” pile into the super awesome “accepted” one, I promise, I will learn to drive in Dallas traffic for you!

This is excellent. The sarcasm is a little on the subtle side, because there are actually people out there who think this way, but none of them are on TLS.

The difference between this and Colbert is that you can see his facial expressions. That, and he usually says something *completely* off the wall as a tell.

columbia86

Postby columbia86 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:52 am

androstan wrote:
Much love,
Princess

This is excellent. The sarcasm is a little on the subtle side, because there are actually people out there who think this way, but none of them are on TLS.

The difference between this and Colbert is that you can see his facial expressions. That, and he usually says something *completely* off the wall as a tell.

+1

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”