THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
deathviaboredom

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby deathviaboredom » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:30 pm

Dear Berkeley,

I am too liberal for you anyway.

-DvB

sfGmall

Postby sfGmall » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:35 pm

deathviaboredom wrote:Dear Berkeley,

-DvB

+1 Amazing.

TurtlesAllTheWayDown

Postby TurtlesAllTheWayDown » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:36 pm

Dear Dean Ed Tom,

You have 2 too many first names; 1 will suffice.

You really hurted me.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:37 pm

culinaryorlawschool wrote:Michigan,

I feel used. I knew with my numbers I could get into more selective schools, but you charmed me with your cute handwritten notes enticing me to apply ("We'd love a Swarthmore grad!!!" you said). And just when I thought I would give you a chance you reject me? Not even a handwritten note to explain "Realized we already had a Swarthmore grad so didn't need another one after all"? Not even a "we'll put you on the waitlist in case our other Swarthmore grad drops out?"
Well played, Michigan.
In the end it works out because you get to boost your stats with your YP and I don't have to even consider studying law in the tundra. But now I wish I had that $12 back to buy some sunblock- I'll need it for reading law books on the beach in california.

lol. same fee waiver as you, but mine said "We love to get Wisconsin grads!" also rejected. fucking zearfoss

dadamafia

Postby dadamafia » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Dear GW,

Go suck yuh madda.

Sincerely,
dada

JTMan

Postby JTMan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:41 pm

sfGmall wrote:
deathviaboredom wrote:Dear Berkeley,

-DvB

+1 Amazing.

Dear Berkeley,

I am too conservative for you anyway.

subtle

Postby subtle » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:48 pm

dadamafia wrote:Dear GW,

Go suck yuh madda.

Sincerely,
dada

Basically.

funkytown

Postby funkytown » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:50 pm

dear berkeley,

you did the right thing: i applied only for the asian girls.

jim

Postby jim » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:53 pm

funkytown wrote:dear berkeley,

you did the right thing: i applied only for the asian girls.

LOL :lol:

samilabuena

Postby samilabuena » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Dear Vandy,

I wanted you so badly and that's probably what turned you off. I don't know what your problem with commitment is, but you can keep your pastel shirts and keep on thinking there are only two kinds of music (country and western). I can't believe I almost thought it would be cool to live in TN. Thanks for nothing.

LOVE,
Sami

p.s. if you change your mind, I will buy a Garth Brooks cd and pop my collar faster than you can say Grand Ole Opry...

culinaryorlawschool

Postby culinaryorlawschool » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:01 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
culinaryorlawschool wrote:Michigan,

I feel used. I knew with my numbers I could get into more selective schools, but you charmed me with your cute handwritten notes enticing me to apply ("We'd love a Swarthmore grad!!!" you said). And just when I thought I would give you a chance you reject me? Not even a handwritten note to explain "Realized we already had a Swarthmore grad so didn't need another one after all"? Not even a "we'll put you on the waitlist in case our other Swarthmore grad drops out?"
Well played, Michigan.
In the end it works out because you get to boost your stats with your YP and I don't have to even consider studying law in the tundra. But now I wish I had that $12 back to buy some sunblock- I'll need it for reading law books on the beach in california.

lol. same fee waiver as you, but mine said "We love to get Wisconsin grads!" also rejected. fucking zearfoss

They hooked you in with the same trick and you got rejected too! Let this be a lesson for future TLSers- Save your $12! They don't want you, and you can do better anyway.

BBeauty

Postby BBeauty » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:27 pm

dadamafia wrote:Dear GW,

Go suck yuh madda.

Sincerely,
dada

lol, loves it!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:30 pm

Dear Boalt,

I really didn't want to pay $44,000 a year for a state school anyway. And with how unpredictable Jerry Brown is, who knows if that'd be $60,000 a year by the time next year rolls around.

Off to a more stable state with a real economy. Deuces!

androstan

Postby androstan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:41 pm

restless wrote:Dear Georgetown,

I thought I would be weepy when you dinged me. After all, it was my first one and I really thought I wanted you most. As it turns out, I only had to open your e-mail and read "Dear Mr. Valdez..." to immediately hate you. You generic heartless bitch. Mr. Valdez? Really? I clearly marked "Ms." and "FEMALE" on the application. You only had to change, what, three whole words in the entire rejection letter and you don't even have the decency to get that right? F you. Thanks for re-inspiring me to absolutely CRUSH it in whatever law school I go to, because now I know I don't need you. I never did.

Sincerely,
MS. Valdez

Between this and NWern... are the elite institutions of this country really this incompetent!?

LilMonsterAnnie

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:25 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:I'm a guy, and wish it were socially acceptable to wear leggings b/c i'd be rocking a man bulge all the time. It's not fair that only women get to do this sort of thing. (see "balls out jeans" for another possible idea)

thanks for the visual on an otherwise crappy day behind a desk with craptastic people surrounding me. I just laughed out loud repeatedly.

LilMonsterAnnie

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:30 pm

boozehound wrote:Dear Northwestern,

Before my on-campus interview, I accidently peed on your bathroom floor a little bit. At first I felt very guilty about this....now I wish I had dropped a log in your sink.

--boozehound

I just choked at my desk...we are now officially back on track. DING!

rmjones03

Postby rmjones03 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Dear UICU,
You seemed so quaint, but now I realize you are just a small town in the middle of nowhere. You can keep your freezing weather and no-pants wearing idiots.
Sincerely,

R.R. Raskolnikov

Postby R.R. Raskolnikov » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:01 pm

Oo I just got my first ding! Here goes:

Dear NYU,

I sincerely thank you for the thoughtful gift of rejection that you provided me on this day, my birthday. I can now take pleasure in knowing that I will be basking in the Virginia sunshine or revering the gothic beauty of Michigan for the next three years rather than paying $18 for a burger and a beer in New York and moving on to work twice as much as my biglaw brethren in other cities (even within the same firm!) solely because I toil through the days on this esteemed concrete slab called Manhattan, where employees' lives go to waste.

As a paralegal in this city, I already know what it means to be a corporate slave. I don't need to bill 250-300 hours per month after law school to reinforce that notion while sitting in envy of my colleagues in other cities working on the same exact cases as I am, only for substantially fewer hours. Why? Because they aren't in New York. And I don't want to be either.

Yes, you sucked me in with a fee waiver and gave me a pre-meditated rejection just to boost your USNWR rankings, but I don't mind. We both win! I was just going to use admission to your school as a bargaining chip to negotiate with my favored schools anyway.

So thanks NYU, you just booked my ticket out of town for good and reinforced my hope that I can become a damn good lawyer while having an enjoyable life too! I'll work my ass off in my career, but I'm not going to have a passionless life doing it. As of today, that dream just got a whole lot closer to reality. Happy birthday to me, indeed.

Best Regards,
Raskolnikov

ak13

Postby ak13 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:18 pm

I love this thread...so much

Berkeley -
California Gurlz are completely forgettable

Illinois -
...fine, i don't like cornfields anyway

WinterIsComing

Postby WinterIsComing » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:53 pm

Last edited by WinterIsComing on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:02 pm

ak13 wrote:I love this thread...so much

Berkeley -

Illinois -

Although this is the ding bar, that makes me :(

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:11 pm

Gotti wrote:

Berkeley -

Illinois -

You're doing it wrong.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:14 pm

chrisbru wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Berkeley -

Illinois -

You're doing it wrong.

dude. seriously? AGAIN? :lol: :roll:

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Gotti wrote:
You're doing it wrong.

dude. seriously? AGAIN? :lol: :roll:[/quote]

Just doing my dingbar duties! :-)

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:21 pm

chrisbru wrote:
Gotti wrote:
You're doing it wrong.

dude. seriously? AGAIN? :lol: :roll:

Just doing my dingbar duties! :-)

Chrisbru is my favorite TLS poster. That is all. Please stay tuned for your regularly scheduled Ding Bar programing.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”