THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ThatOneGirlinMO

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby ThatOneGirlinMO » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:00 pm

Dear Minnesota:

Screw your waitlist. If your state only has Prince to show for its diversity, then I neither want nor need to go. UIUC, Vanderbilt, or Wisconsin will do.

Virginia, you get a semi-pass. I applied because you paid for it, but waiting for a place in a school filled with drunk bros and chick-bros is not my style.

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:37 pm

Dear UVa,
You were a reach, so I'm not really upset- but in the spirit of the Ding Bar:

I don't own any Ed Hardy clothing and I can't do a keg stand, so I'd probably not fit in to your collar-poppin, spray tannin, beer-pongin scene.
Thanks for the lame-ass email, or as they say at UVA, 'cool story, brah.'

Fist pumps and jager bombs,
GOF

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:52 pm

HelltotheNo wrote:I have yet to be rejected by a school. 10/10 thus far. Get Big.

Are you reallt bragging about Emory, Villanova, and SMU? :lol:

bigjinjapan

Postby bigjinjapan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:04 am

CM612 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
LttleBlakDress wrote:
Gotti wrote:I'm wearing that right now, but only because I can wear whatever the fuck I wanna wear to work and I was running late so I threw on the first pair of boots I could find.

I'm not trying to make a fashion statement...they're just comfortable right now/when I'm lazy.

I don't do this when I go anywhere that matters.

I am wearing them with boots and an oversized boyfriend cardi at work. (I work in fine dining so I have a trendy workplace.) It looks fantastic. I will not apologize. But definitely an item that requires thoughtful consideration before breaking it out. Also, for anyone who would like a suggestion of a brand that will not be see-through, I recommend Kenneth Cole. (The jersey uggs thing made me kinda ok with getting waitlisted at Fordham though. I saw that from all the NY school people I studied abroad with and it was a bit much because the ladies did not think about their body type/the opacity of the leggings.)

As you can tell this is a topic about which I am extremely passionate.

LOL!! how much are the kenneth cole ones? the ones <$10 are mostly always see through! :(

I'm at working wearing Nordstroms brand ones. 2 for $36. I also love that Ding Bar has turned into the leggings thread.

This is why American girls lose to Japanese girls every time. Does n.o.t. happen here. If you see a girl in Uggs, it's because it is part of a carefully planned out look that--however questionable--is done to the nines.

Curry

Postby Curry » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:14 am

What the fuck? Wrong thread?

Kabuo

Postby Kabuo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:21 am

I don't have the creativity of the good posters in this thread, so I'm just gonna hate. Ok, Northwestern, I WITHDREW MY APP THE DAY AFTER I SENT IT. I emailed your admissions department explaining my withdrawal and a good made up reason for it, mostly because I knew my lack of WE doomed me and didn't want to bother holding out slight hope for a rejection letter. Then, 2 weeks later, your alumnus contacted me about setting up an interview after I had canceled that too! I was very apologetic to the alumnus about the mix-up, and took this opportunity to send you ANOTHER request for withdrawal. Both requests, you responded to with a stupid, automated FAQ form. So, I sent you one last email, and this one you didn't respond to. I tought that was weird, but hey, everything about my "communication" with you had been weird, so I figured I might have finally gotten through.

Then, 3 months after our latest correspondence (by which I mean me writing and you generating automated responses), you send me an email with a LINK to your status checker saying that you had come to a decision regarding my app. So, out of morbid curiosity, I click the link, retrieve my account number, and find that the site doesn't work. :x Then, 24 hours later, an apology email saying that your link was down and would be up in 24 hours. 24 hours later, I clicked your uninformative email, followed it to your uninformative link, which required me to download my "decision" letter, which was actually not a decision, but a hold. :evil: So, now I'm pretty pissed, almost pissed enough to post in THE DING BAR, but not quite. Then, 2 days later, I get not one, but 2 duplicate emails from you, saying you had reached a decision on my app. I don't know why I didn't assume this was an administrative error based on past experience. I really don't. Anyway, I checked and saw the same fucking letter. God, I hate you and will not be electing to stay on your waitlist.

Also, Waitlisted at UCLA like 2 days ago, but I don't hate them, because they told me so in the email, not in a convoluted and inefficient batch of emails and pdfs.

HelltotheNo

Postby HelltotheNo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:12 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
HelltotheNo wrote:I have yet to be rejected by a school. 10/10 thus far. Get Big.

BC, BU, W&L, Minn, UIC etc.

SMU and Villanova were safeties. U mad?

jim

Postby jim » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:19 am

HelltotheNo wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

wtf are you doing in this thread?

Perch

Postby Perch » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:25 am

Kabuo wrote:I don't have the creativity of the good posters in this thread, so I'm just gonna hate. Ok, Northwestern, I WITHDREW MY APP THE DAY AFTER I SENT IT. I emailed your admissions department explaining my withdrawal and a good made up reason for it, mostly because I knew my lack of WE doomed me and didn't want to bother holding out slight hope for a rejection letter. Then, 2 weeks later, your alumnus contacted me about setting up an interview after I had canceled that too! I was very apologetic to the alumnus about the mix-up, and took this opportunity to send you ANOTHER request for withdrawal. Both requests, you responded to with a stupid, automated FAQ form. So, I sent you one last email, and this one you didn't respond to. I tought that was weird, but hey, everything about my "communication" with you had been weird, so I figured I might have finally gotten through.

Then, 3 months after our latest correspondence (by which I mean me writing and you generating automated responses), you send me an email with a LINK to your status checker saying that you had come to a decision regarding my app. So, out of morbid curiosity, I click the link, retrieve my account number, and find that the site doesn't work. :x Then, 24 hours later, an apology email saying that your link was down and would be up in 24 hours. 24 hours later, I clicked your uninformative email, followed it to your uninformative link, which required me to download my "decision" letter, which was actually not a decision, but a hold. :evil: So, now I'm pretty pissed, almost pissed enough to post in THE DING BAR, but not quite. Then, 2 days later, I get not one, but 2 duplicate emails from you, saying you had reached a decision on my app. I don't know why I didn't assume this was an administrative error based on past experience. I really don't. Anyway, I checked and saw the same fucking letter. God, I hate you and will not be electing to stay on your waitlist.

Also, Waitlisted at UCLA like 2 days ago, but I don't hate them, because they told me so in the email, not in a convoluted and inefficient batch of emails and pdfs.

this is phenomenal.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:28 am

HelltotheNo wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

then you didn't aim high enough, which is a bad mistake to make.

u mad?

kazu

Postby kazu » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:36 am

paulinaporizkova wrote:
HelltotheNo wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

then you didn't aim high enough, which is a bad mistake to make.

u mad?

This. Unless you got in everywhere from Yale and on down, you didn't aim high enough.

subtle

Postby subtle » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:37 am

HelltotheNo wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

U a jerk?

Yes.

androstan

Postby androstan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:47 am

Perch wrote:
Kabuo wrote:I don't have the creativity of the good posters in this thread, so I'm just gonna hate. Ok, Northwestern, I WITHDREW MY APP THE DAY AFTER I SENT IT. I emailed your admissions department explaining my withdrawal and a good made up reason for it, mostly because I knew my lack of WE doomed me and didn't want to bother holding out slight hope for a rejection letter. Then, 2 weeks later, your alumnus contacted me about setting up an interview after I had canceled that too! I was very apologetic to the alumnus about the mix-up, and took this opportunity to send you ANOTHER request for withdrawal. Both requests, you responded to with a stupid, automated FAQ form. So, I sent you one last email, and this one you didn't respond to. I tought that was weird, but hey, everything about my "communication" with you had been weird, so I figured I might have finally gotten through.

this is phenomenal.

This belongs amonst the top Ding Bar posts. I have never seen such incompetence from a place that brands itself as "mature, experienced, and professional". Wowz.

Kabuo

Postby Kabuo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:34 pm

Didn't think my NW ding would be a hit, but since it seems like it might be, I have two things to add. First, that the alumnus who contacted me said something to the effect of "that's the office I remember." Second, that if NW somehow mistakenly admits me due to the same office incompetence, I will take it all back (unless Columbia or Michigan throw me a bone).

Gecko of Doom

Postby Gecko of Doom » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:00 pm

Vandy,

Thanks for the waitlist. It's good to know that I won't be spending the next three years in a state where the most popular pastimes include squirrel hunting and NASCAR, and shouting "WHERE'S THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE?!" counts as legitimate political discourse.

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:12 pm

Gecko of Doom wrote:Vandy,

Thanks for the waitlist. It's good to know that I won't be spending the next three years in a state where the most popular pastimes include squirrel hunting and NASCAR, and shouting "WHERE'S THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE?!" counts as legitimate political discourse.

I think, in the interest of accurately depicting the political discourse, you mean "birf certifikit."

ETA (+1)

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:30 pm

HelltotheNo wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

You, sir, are an insufferable asshat. GTFO... NOW.

Or, the polite way:
You're doing it wrong.

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:45 pm

HelltotheNo wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

Channeling his inner Killa Cam...

lolschool2011

Postby lolschool2011 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:05 pm

HelltotheNo wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

I think life will end up serving you a horrific ding soon enough.

[enter in Matt Damon's speech in Good Will Hunting where he tells that douche with the poneytail what you just don't do]

LttleBlakDress

Postby LttleBlakDress » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:08 pm

chrisbru wrote:
HelltotheNo wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

You, sir, are an insufferable asshat. GTFO... NOW.

Or, the polite way:
You're doing it wrong.

Asshat is my favorite insult. Well done.

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:28 pm

This AWESOME thread is in immediate danger of being derailed...
Stop feeding the troll who is doing it wrong!!

quick, some one post a hate letter to a LS that rejected them!

I'll go again!

Dear Uva,

if you had a theme song, it'd go:

Unn Tss Unn Tss Unn Tss Unn Tss

Take your brahs and shove it.

-GOF

restless

Postby restless » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:40 pm

Dear Georgetown,

I thought I would be weepy when you dinged me. After all, it was my first one and I really thought I wanted you most. As it turns out, I only had to open your e-mail and read "Dear Mr. Valdez..." to immediately hate you. You generic heartless bitch. Mr. Valdez? Really? I clearly marked "Ms." and "FEMALE" on the application. You only had to change, what, three whole words in the entire rejection letter and you don't even have the decency to get that right? F you. Thanks for re-inspiring me to absolutely CRUSH it in whatever law school I go to, because now I know I don't need you. I never did.

Sincerely,
MS. Valdez

akili

Postby akili » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:43 pm

restless wrote:Dear Georgetown,

I thought I would be weepy when you dinged me. After all, it was my first one and I really thought I wanted you most. As it turns out, I only had to open your e-mail and read "Dear Mr. Valdez..." to immediately hate you. You generic heartless bitch. Mr. Valdez? Really? I clearly marked "Ms." and "FEMALE" on the application. You only had to change, what, three whole words in the entire rejection letter and you don't even have the decency to get that right? F you. Thanks for re-inspiring me to absolutely CRUSH it in whatever law school I go to, because now I know I don't need you. I never did.

Sincerely,
MS. Valdez

LOL.

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:35 pm

girlonfire wrote:Dear Uva,

if you had a theme song, it'd go:

Unn Tss Unn Tss Unn Tss Unn Tss

Take your brahs and shove it.

-GOF

I love this. Subdued and elegant. Well done.

culinaryorlawschool

Postby culinaryorlawschool » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Michigan,

I feel used. I knew with my numbers I could get into more selective schools, but you charmed me with your cute handwritten notes enticing me to apply ("We'd love a Swarthmore grad!!!" you said). And just when I thought I would give you a chance you reject me? Not even a handwritten note to explain "Realized we already had a Swarthmore grad so didn't need another one after all"? Not even a "we'll put you on the waitlist in case our other Swarthmore grad drops out?"
Well played, Michigan.
In the end it works out because you get to boost your stats with your YP and I don't have to even consider studying law in the tundra. But now I wish I had that $12 back to buy some sunblock- I'll need it for reading law books on the beach in california.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”