THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
math101

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby math101 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:08 am

dabbadon8 wrote:Chicago-

You have a reputation for having the most socially inept student body, and that is among the top law schools in the country that are generally filled with nerds and assholes. I am not sure what is more unappealing, your love of rigor or the chance to participate in your social experiment to see whether aspergers can be contagious. When I think about you, all I can think is WoW, as in world of warcraft. Nerds!

By the way you can consider this my LOCI.

Amazing! :lol:

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:24 pm

Hey Notre Dame!
Go fuck a leprechaun.
Sorry I'm not Catholic.
Cheers!
Stl

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Dear USC,

I really have nothing really to say to you. Thanks for the 2nd rejection (1st was UG, of course). I honestly don't give a flying fuck because I no longer wanted to live in Cali anyway. Even if I end up staying here, I'd rather attend your hotter, better ranked brother because I don't want to live my life in fear that I'll get killed while wishing your brother would have accepted me because he is in a better location. You made my decision to go east much easier, and I can now avoid the awkward situation that might have arisen every time my parents see a Trojan condom commercial and point out that they saw a commercial for USC (they're foreign).

Cheers,
Gotti

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:02 pm

Dear UBC (University of British Columbia) your ridiculous "index" system that governs admissions needs to burn in hell, I mean what self respecting school doesn't allow any LOR's? If you took the time to read the part of my application dealing with things other than LSAT and GPA maybe you would have seen how perfect I was for your school. I appreciate the waitlist even though those with higher grades got outright DINGed, however I appreciate your admissions officer bluntly saying that no one with my index score got in last year and with an extra 100 apps the same scenario is almost guaranteed. Why not reject me instead of attempting to give me false hope? I had no intention of moving across the country for your school. You have no BigLaw influence whatsoever in Toronto so going to your institution is a waste anyways, see you on the flip side.

Peameal

Postby Peameal » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:19 pm

kkklick wrote:Dear UBC (University of British Columbia) your ridiculous "index" system that governs admissions needs to burn in hell, I mean what self respecting school doesn't allow any LOR's?

They could always move to the Toronto model: ask for LORs, then ignore them.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:37 pm

^^ I didn't apply to U of T, because I hate that institution with a passion, but I do see your point.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:44 pm

Barbie wrote:Dear Colorado,

Your high elevation would have made me feel like a little b*tch being drunk off of a only a handful of beers. I'll stay at sea level and keep my pride and my sweet beer gut.

I'll drink one down for you while your students compete with debt-free DU students for employment.

<3
Barbie

This made me smile.

Barbie, if you want to know how to really drink some beer, come visit me (and the other 1L's) in Iowa City when you can get away from UC for a weekend.

That being said.... (and this is a little late, but useful now.)

Dear Illinois,

I want to thank you again for waitlisting me, instead of throwing piles of money at me like other splitters. You must have really seen in my application that there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that I'd spend three years in U-C. I have family from small town Illinois, so the 2 times a year I visit them is more than enough. Illini is a stupid name/mascot/whatever. Hawkeyes know how to party 10x better anyways, which is why all the worthwhile Chicago kids come to Iowa for undergrad, and the farmers trickle down to UC.

Y'all have a boot scootin time, y'hear?

-Chrisbru

teleste

Postby teleste » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Oh my.
Last edited by teleste on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunyoo25

Postby sunyoo25 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Last edited by sunyoo25 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

kitchuel

Postby kitchuel » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:54 pm

Dear Lewis & Clark,

I'm glad things are over between us. I did not want to become a vegan, hipster, or feminist. I like the meat eating, classy, 1950's style woman I currently am. Also I'm afraid I might die of second hand smoke inhalation if I stay in Portland a second longer. Have fun dreaming of the '90's because we all saw how well that worked out the first time.

Gonzaga,

My dream friend, I'm glad we won't be seeing eachother any time soon. I didn't want to have to learn Spanish or get a job as a migrant fruit picker to put myself through law school considering there are no other jobs in Spokane. I know there is a big chip on your shoulder because your friends Seattle U & UW have a stranglehold on the Seattle Legal market (the only legal market in WA) but I'm sure you can go on to do great things....like protect Native American tribes or something? Either way you'll never be as highly ranked as those two no matter what you do.

Thanks,
Kitchuel <3

beachviolet11

Postby beachviolet11 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:56 pm

GW,
Couldn't be bothered to send an actual letter? Did my application and fee mean that little to you? Oh well I guess you really are suffering in this economy if you can't afford the stamp to mail a letter to MD. Maybe I'll help you file for bankruptcy when I'm a lawyer.

SMA22

Postby SMA22 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:58 pm

teleste wrote:USC is the used prophylactic of the f@@ked over California legal market.

Go "Trojans" !!

--teleste

+1, my thoughts exactly

leespese

Postby leespese » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:58 am

Oh Lewis and Clark...

You seem to be trying to "hold" me, but I've never been one for intimacy.

I don't think this is working out...

L.

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:54 am

what cold heartless piece of....law school denies someone on Valentines day?????

Oh yeah, thats right.....Yale.

They did not think it would be a problem b/c they know no one actually expects to get in.

- crossing

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:20 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:what cold heartless piece of....law school denies someone on Valentines day?????

Oh yeah, thats right.....Yale.

They did not think it would be a problem b/c they know no one actually expects to get in.

- crossing

That's funny, my boyfriend applied there for grad school this year, and he got his rejection yesterday as well. WTF Yale? It's either going to ruin what was otherwise a lovely romantic evening, or push some lonely, desperate spinster/spinteress* over the edge completely.

* I masculinized the original term and then invented a feminized version in order to emphasize my belief that both men and women can be desperately lonely.

plurilingue

Postby plurilingue » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:25 pm

Last edited by plurilingue on Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blazinswordofjustice

Postby blazinswordofjustice » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:29 pm

beachbum wrote:
Bro, this is the ding bar. We're not concerned with being "rational" or "thoughtful" or "accurate." We just wanna fuck some shit up.

If you'd like to be the fact police, there's plenty of other threads you can visit.

+10

HelltotheNo

Postby HelltotheNo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Skyhook wrote:Harvahd, Stanford and Penn.
You guys have saved my nearly $100 on a clearly pointless application to Yale.

Thanks Harvahd, you started the ball-rolling, but you might have been more sincere in your email
Confirmed by a DLS from Stanford, yet to read, and a more pleasant rejection email from UPenn.

I'll put that money to some more homebrew-making kit!
Cheers

You applied to those schools with your numbers?

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:37 pm

HelltotheNo wrote:You applied to those schools with your numbers?

Oh hi, you must be new here.

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:38 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:

By which he means. You're doing it wrong.

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:52 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:
fundamentallybroken wrote:

By which he means. You're doing it wrong.

TITCR.

EverTrue

Postby EverTrue » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:28 pm

Dear Duke,
I'd forgotten I'd applied to you. I had no interest in attending a school in Durham but your fee waiver enticed me. I now know you just wanted me to apply to boost your rejection numbers. Assholes. I probably should feel used but I'm already over it.

kk19131

Postby kk19131 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:29 pm

EverTrue wrote:Dear Duke,
I'd forgotten I'd applied to you. I had no interest in attending a school in Durham but your fee waiver enticed me. I now know you just wanted me to apply to boost your rejection numbers. Assholes. I probably should feel used but I'm already over it.

+100000

akili

Postby akili » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:38 pm

EverTrue wrote:Dear Duke,

Nice first post. I think you'll like it here. :)

Michaela

Postby Michaela » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:57 pm

HelltotheNo wrote:
You applied to those schools with your numbers?

Don't be a dick.

Anyway. Dear IUB,

I knew I wasn't going to get in anyway with my numbers but I still wanted to be a Hoosier. In retrospect, however, I think you can keep your frattastic frat daddys and sorostitutes that are fucking EVERYWHERE on your campus romping around in leggings and chip clips in their hair.

Moral of the story, LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS (google UIUC nopants blog for proof).

Sincerely,

Michaela

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”