THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kkklick

Silver

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by kkklick » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:35 am

I like this place... feels like....home

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:35 am

I can't wait to get another Ding so I can contribute again =), oh wait...

bhan87

Silver

Post by bhan87 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:42 am

plurilingue wrote:
src42 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Berkeley,

Go fuck yourself you overpriced piece of shit.
Simple and to the point. Love it.

California is the hottest mess of a state there is. Who wants to live there anyway?
California >>> every other place in the world, and you all know it.

But yes, Berkeley sucks for rejecting me and pretty much all my friends. Seriously, when Dean Tom says, "Apply early" he means it! I have no evidence that anyone who applied/went complete/had LSAT score released in January got real consideration.
I think this is an unfair criticism. Quite a few TLS'ers were admitted off December LSAT scores, myself included. Administrative reviews seems to have ended around a week after December's score release which led to a number of January applicants getting an acceptance late January followed by a huge wave of applicants being pushed to committee review.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:44 am

bhan87 wrote:
plurilingue wrote:
But yes, Berkeley sucks for rejecting me and pretty much all my friends. Seriously, when Dean Tom says, "Apply early" he means it! I have no evidence that anyone who applied/went complete/had LSAT score released in January got real consideration.
I think this is an unfair criticism. Quite a few TLS'ers were admitted off December LSAT scores, myself included. Administrative reviews seems to have ended around a week after December's score release which led to a number of January applicants getting an acceptance late January followed by a huge wave of applicants being pushed to committee review.
You don't seem to understand how THE DING BAR works. GTFO and stop white-knighting that broke-ass shithole of a school.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:47 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
bhan87 wrote:
plurilingue wrote:
You don't seem to understand how THE DING BAR works. GTFO and stop white-knighting that broke-ass shithole of a school.
the ding bar is posters place to get back at the schools that rejected them ( after they put a lot of thought and effort into the application and really wanted to go there). You stand up for your fellow posters, not the institution here. If you are an adcomm or loyal to the school- please read these letters quietly and leave without making a scene

thank you- the peanut gallery

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lolschool2011

Bronze

Post by lolschool2011 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:55 am

bhan87 = dean Tom's nephew. I'm sure it's a coincidence though.

Anyways, since this is a bar and we're all bs'ing, here's an old funny story to chat about:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/800056/posts

bhan87

Silver

Post by bhan87 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:56 am

northwood wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
bhan87 wrote:
plurilingue wrote:
the ding bar is posters place to get back at the schools that rejected them ( after they put a lot of thought and effort into the application and really wanted to go there). You stand up for your fellow posters, not the institution here. If you are an adcomm or loyal to the school- please read these letters quietly and leave without making a scene

thank you- the peanut gallery

My bad if I angered any of you but I do think there are plenty of valid criticisms you can make about Berkeley: Crumbling CA economy, very real chance of getting mugged, being in a tough SF market, etc.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:00 pm

bhan87 wrote:My bad if I angered any of you but I do think there are plenty of valid criticisms you can make about Berkeley: Crumbling CA economy, very real chance of getting mugged, being in a tough SF market, etc.
Bro, this is the ding bar. We're not concerned with being "rational" or "thoughtful" or "accurate." We just wanna fuck some shit up.

If you'd like to be the fact police, there's plenty of other threads you can visit.

bhan87

Silver

Post by bhan87 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:13 pm

beachbum wrote:
bhan87 wrote:My bad if I angered any of you but I do think there are plenty of valid criticisms you can make about Berkeley: Crumbling CA economy, very real chance of getting mugged, being in a tough SF market, etc.
Bro, this is the ding bar. We're not concerned with being "rational" or "thoughtful" or "accurate." We just wanna fuck some shit up.

If you'd like to be the fact police, there's plenty of other threads you can visit.
Got it, my bad.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:19 pm

beachbum wrote:If you'd like to be the fact police, there's plenty of other threads you can visit.
Beauty. QFT.

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:23 pm

I thought about participating about a month back when UVA dinged me...but I mean look at my username...it's not in me. I will say this though....LMFAO@ your schools' team name being the Cavaliers...we all know how the professional cavaliers are doing.

dinamika

New

Post by dinamika » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Dear George Mason

I don't date 703.

Sincerely,

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Also, Boalt's dean was one of the absurdly-overpayed UC system employees who, in the midst of enormous tuition hikes and a generally turbulent financial situation for the UC system, demanded an increase in University contributions to his pension despite the fact that he makes over $300k a year and will already be a benefactor of a pension system that threatens to single-handedly ruin any hope of financial solvency for California. No thanks, Berkeley.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:52 pm

dinamika wrote:Dear George Mason

I don't date 703.

Sincerely,

Yes!

kublaikahn

Silver

Post by kublaikahn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:42 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:

I don't date 703.

Sincerely,

Yes!
Help me out. I dont get it.

samilabuena

New

Post by samilabuena » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:43 pm

Berkeley,

I wish I could join in the others' bitterness and spite for having been cruelly turned away, but I'm not bitter. I always knew you were too good for me. It was just a silly girl's far off dream. Don't worry, I'll be fine wherever I end up. Maybe some day we can be friends...

samilabuena

New

Post by samilabuena » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:44 pm

kublaikahn wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

I don't date 703.

Sincerely,

Yes!

202 = DC
703 = VA

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

weejonbu

Bronze

Post by weejonbu » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:45 pm

kublaikahn wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

I don't date 703.

Sincerely,

Yes!
202 = Washington, D.C. area code ; 703 = Virginia area code. . . a little social elitist poke. Nice dinamika! =)

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:48 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Also, Boalt's dean was one of the absurdly-overpayed UC system employees who, in the midst of enormous tuition hikes and a generally turbulent financial situation for the UC system, demanded an increase in University contributions to his pension despite the fact that he makes over $300k a year and will already be a benefactor of a pension system that threatens to single-handedly ruin any hope of financial solvency for California. No thanks, Berkeley.
Zing!

kublaikahn

Silver

Post by kublaikahn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:55 pm

weejonbu wrote:
kublaikahn wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

I don't date 703.

Sincerely,

Yes!
202 = Washington, D.C. area code ; 703 = Virginia area code. . . a little social elitist poke. Nice dinamika! =)
With that understanding==Well played!

masochist

Bronze

Post by masochist » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:44 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:Chicago-

You have a reputation for having the most socially inept student body, and that is among the top law schools in the country that are generally filled with nerds and assholes. I am not sure what is more unappealing, your love of rigor or the chance to participate in your social experiment to see whether aspergers can be contagious. When I think about you, all I can think is WoW, as in world of warcraft. Nerds!

By the way you can consider this my LOCI.

Dying laughing ...

It is so funny because it is so true.

Standard Chi plan for 1L summer.

1) Level-up on my Gnome Fighter
2) Secure research assistant position
3) Lose virginity

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

grayfoxx13

New

Post by grayfoxx13 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Dear University of Chicago,

Thanks for the ding. Now I won't have to kill myself.

Yours truly,

Someone who wants to stay alive.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Be prepared for drummerboy, just got WL at WL. I feel an epic ding post coming.

clone22

Bronze

Post by clone22 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Dear UPenn,

I'm looking forward to not getting shanked on my way home from class.

Love,
future boaltie

TheTopBloke

Bronze

Post by TheTopBloke » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Dear Chapman,

Successfully greenmailing the second largest school district in the nation at the US District Court Pro Se isn't 'competitive' enough for you?

GET FUCKED!

Sincerely,

Did you even read the fucking application???

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”