THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby kkklick » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:35 am

I like this place... feels like....home

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby kkklick » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:35 am

I can't wait to get another Ding so I can contribute again =), oh wait...

bhan87
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby bhan87 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:42 am

plurilingue wrote:
src42 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Berkeley,

Go fuck yourself you overpriced piece of shit.

Simple and to the point. Love it.

California is the hottest mess of a state there is. Who wants to live there anyway?


California >>> every other place in the world, and you all know it.

But yes, Berkeley sucks for rejecting me and pretty much all my friends. Seriously, when Dean Tom says, "Apply early" he means it! I have no evidence that anyone who applied/went complete/had LSAT score released in January got real consideration.


I think this is an unfair criticism. Quite a few TLS'ers were admitted off December LSAT scores, myself included. Administrative reviews seems to have ended around a week after December's score release which led to a number of January applicants getting an acceptance late January followed by a huge wave of applicants being pushed to committee review.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:44 am

bhan87 wrote:
plurilingue wrote:
But yes, Berkeley sucks for rejecting me and pretty much all my friends. Seriously, when Dean Tom says, "Apply early" he means it! I have no evidence that anyone who applied/went complete/had LSAT score released in January got real consideration.


I think this is an unfair criticism. Quite a few TLS'ers were admitted off December LSAT scores, myself included. Administrative reviews seems to have ended around a week after December's score release which led to a number of January applicants getting an acceptance late January followed by a huge wave of applicants being pushed to committee review.


You don't seem to understand how THE DING BAR works. GTFO and stop white-knighting that broke-ass shithole of a school.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby northwood » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:47 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
bhan87 wrote:
plurilingue wrote:
But yes, Berkeley sucks for rejecting me and pretty much all my friends. Seriously, when Dean Tom says, "Apply early" he means it! I have no evidence that anyone who applied/went complete/had LSAT score released in January got real consideration.


I think this is an unfair criticism. Quite a few TLS'ers were admitted off December LSAT scores, myself included. Administrative reviews seems to have ended around a week after December's score release which led to a number of January applicants getting an acceptance late January followed by a huge wave of applicants being pushed to committee review.


You don't seem to understand how THE DING BAR works. GTFO and stop white-knighting that broke-ass shithole of a school.


the ding bar is posters place to get back at the schools that rejected them ( after they put a lot of thought and effort into the application and really wanted to go there). You stand up for your fellow posters, not the institution here. If you are an adcomm or loyal to the school- please read these letters quietly and leave without making a scene

thank you- the peanut gallery

User avatar
lolschool2011
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby lolschool2011 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:55 am

bhan87 = dean Tom's nephew. I'm sure it's a coincidence though.

Anyways, since this is a bar and we're all bs'ing, here's an old funny story to chat about:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/800056/posts

bhan87
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby bhan87 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:56 am

northwood wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
bhan87 wrote:
plurilingue wrote:
But yes, Berkeley sucks for rejecting me and pretty much all my friends. Seriously, when Dean Tom says, "Apply early" he means it! I have no evidence that anyone who applied/went complete/had LSAT score released in January got real consideration.


I think this is an unfair criticism. Quite a few TLS'ers were admitted off December LSAT scores, myself included. Administrative reviews seems to have ended around a week after December's score release which led to a number of January applicants getting an acceptance late January followed by a huge wave of applicants being pushed to committee review.


You don't seem to understand how THE DING BAR works. GTFO and stop white-knighting that broke-ass shithole of a school.


the ding bar is posters place to get back at the schools that rejected them ( after they put a lot of thought and effort into the application and really wanted to go there). You stand up for your fellow posters, not the institution here. If you are an adcomm or loyal to the school- please read these letters quietly and leave without making a scene

thank you- the peanut gallery



My bad if I angered any of you but I do think there are plenty of valid criticisms you can make about Berkeley: Crumbling CA economy, very real chance of getting mugged, being in a tough SF market, etc.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby beachbum » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:00 pm

bhan87 wrote:My bad if I angered any of you but I do think there are plenty of valid criticisms you can make about Berkeley: Crumbling CA economy, very real chance of getting mugged, being in a tough SF market, etc.


Bro, this is the ding bar. We're not concerned with being "rational" or "thoughtful" or "accurate." We just wanna fuck some shit up.

If you'd like to be the fact police, there's plenty of other threads you can visit.

bhan87
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby bhan87 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:13 pm

beachbum wrote:
bhan87 wrote:My bad if I angered any of you but I do think there are plenty of valid criticisms you can make about Berkeley: Crumbling CA economy, very real chance of getting mugged, being in a tough SF market, etc.


Bro, this is the ding bar. We're not concerned with being "rational" or "thoughtful" or "accurate." We just wanna fuck some shit up.

If you'd like to be the fact police, there's plenty of other threads you can visit.


Got it, my bad.

User avatar
fundamentallybroken
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby fundamentallybroken » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:19 pm

beachbum wrote:If you'd like to be the fact police, there's plenty of other threads you can visit.


Beauty. QFT.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:23 pm

I thought about participating about a month back when UVA dinged me...but I mean look at my username...it's not in me. I will say this though....LMFAO@ your schools' team name being the Cavaliers...we all know how the professional cavaliers are doing.

dinamika
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby dinamika » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Dear George Mason

I don't date 703.

Sincerely,

202

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Also, Boalt's dean was one of the absurdly-overpayed UC system employees who, in the midst of enormous tuition hikes and a generally turbulent financial situation for the UC system, demanded an increase in University contributions to his pension despite the fact that he makes over $300k a year and will already be a benefactor of a pension system that threatens to single-handedly ruin any hope of financial solvency for California. No thanks, Berkeley.

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:52 pm

dinamika wrote:Dear George Mason

I don't date 703.

Sincerely,

202


Yes!

kublaikahn
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:47 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby kublaikahn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:42 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
dinamika wrote:Dear George Mason

I don't date 703.

Sincerely,

202


Yes!


Help me out. I dont get it.

User avatar
samilabuena
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby samilabuena » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:43 pm

Berkeley,

I wish I could join in the others' bitterness and spite for having been cruelly turned away, but I'm not bitter. I always knew you were too good for me. It was just a silly girl's far off dream. Don't worry, I'll be fine wherever I end up. Maybe some day we can be friends...

User avatar
samilabuena
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby samilabuena » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:44 pm

kublaikahn wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:
dinamika wrote:Dear George Mason

I don't date 703.

Sincerely,

202


Yes!


Help me out. I dont get it.



202 = DC
703 = VA

weejonbu
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby weejonbu » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:45 pm

kublaikahn wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:
dinamika wrote:Dear George Mason

I don't date 703.

Sincerely,

202


Yes!


Help me out. I dont get it.


202 = Washington, D.C. area code ; 703 = Virginia area code. . . a little social elitist poke. Nice dinamika! =)

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby krad » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:48 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Also, Boalt's dean was one of the absurdly-overpayed UC system employees who, in the midst of enormous tuition hikes and a generally turbulent financial situation for the UC system, demanded an increase in University contributions to his pension despite the fact that he makes over $300k a year and will already be a benefactor of a pension system that threatens to single-handedly ruin any hope of financial solvency for California. No thanks, Berkeley.


Zing!

kublaikahn
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:47 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby kublaikahn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:55 pm

weejonbu wrote:
kublaikahn wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:
dinamika wrote:Dear George Mason

I don't date 703.

Sincerely,

202


Yes!


Help me out. I dont get it.


202 = Washington, D.C. area code ; 703 = Virginia area code. . . a little social elitist poke. Nice dinamika! =)


With that understanding==Well played!

User avatar
masochist
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby masochist » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:44 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:Chicago-

You have a reputation for having the most socially inept student body, and that is among the top law schools in the country that are generally filled with nerds and assholes. I am not sure what is more unappealing, your love of rigor or the chance to participate in your social experiment to see whether aspergers can be contagious. When I think about you, all I can think is WoW, as in world of warcraft. Nerds!
Image

By the way you can consider this my LOCI.



Dying laughing ...

It is so funny because it is so true.

Standard Chi plan for 1L summer.

1) Level-up on my Gnome Fighter
2) Secure research assistant position
3) Lose virginity

grayfoxx13
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:55 am

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby grayfoxx13 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Dear University of Chicago,

Thanks for the ding. Now I won't have to kill myself.

Yours truly,

Someone who wants to stay alive.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby kkklick » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Be prepared for drummerboy, just got WL at WL. I feel an epic ding post coming.

clone22
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby clone22 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Dear UPenn,

I'm looking forward to not getting shanked on my way home from class.

Love,
future boaltie

User avatar
TheTopBloke
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby TheTopBloke » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Dear Chapman,

Successfully greenmailing the second largest school district in the nation at the US District Court Pro Se isn't 'competitive' enough for you?

GET FUCKED!

Sincerely,

Did you even read the fucking application???




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Finickywalrus, hellohalo, jstans, Photomike2, Tomthecat, Why???, XUMickeal and 15 guests