THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
paulinaporizkova

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:46 pm

"We have read your manuscript with boundless delight, and if we were to publish your paper, it would be impossible for us to publish any work of a lower standard. And, as it is unthinkable that in the next thousand years we shall see its equal, we are, to our regret, compelled to return your divine composition and beg you a thousand times to overlook our short sight and timidity."

oh my godddddd. is this actually translated text?

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Peg wrote:
lmi wrote:This was sad :(

Yeah, it was. After I wrote it I felt better though - I even almost convinced myself that GULC is crap.

Law schools could take a shiny leaf out of the books of some Chinese publications. Look how one of those publications sends rejection letters to writers:

"We have read your manuscript with boundless delight, and if we were to publish your paper, it would be impossible for us to publish any work of a lower standard. And, as it is unthinkable that in the next thousand years we shall see its equal, we are, to our regret, compelled to return your divine composition and beg you a thousand times to overlook our short sight and timidity."

Almost died laughing. GULC, learn.

Oh I like that; shift the blame away from my sub-median numbers and onto the school itself. That I can jive with!

LttleBlakDress

Postby LttleBlakDress » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:12 pm

amkid100 wrote:Dear UVA,

I can't believe that you like decided not to ask me back to pref night. Are you surrrious? I totally kissed up to all of your sisters and wore my nicest pearls. I can't believe you let that slut in from my European history class. She's always on facebook in the front row. And more importantly: SHE'S SUCH A SLUT! But she's also a blue-blooded, old guard Virginian whose Mama counted herself among your ranks once upon a time. I guess I understand how she got in.

This sucks! Mostly because I really wanted to date all those beer guzzling frat dudes that go to your formals. F. I guess I'll have to settle for one of my other picks or not go Greek at all. Time to go cry to my mom.

Smooches,
amkid

Love this.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:14 pm

LttleBlakDress wrote:

I can't believe that you like decided not to ask me back to pref night. Are you surrrious? I totally kissed up to all of your sisters and wore my nicest pearls. I can't believe you let that slut in from my European history class. She's always on facebook in the front row. And more importantly: SHE'S SUCH A SLUT! But she's also a blue-blooded, old guard Virginian whose Mama counted herself among your ranks once upon a time. I guess I understand how she got in.

This sucks! Mostly because I really wanted to date all those beer guzzling frat dudes that go to your formals. F. I guess I'll have to settle for one of my other picks or not go Greek at all. Time to go cry to my mom.

Smooches,
amkid

Love this.

lol I forgot about preference night....... great post.

msridiculous447

Postby msridiculous447 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:36 pm

lmi wrote:
Peg wrote:Dear GeorgeTTTown,

I didn't have the heart to post in this thread all weekend, thanks to you smashing it into a thousand pieces. But now I've recovered and can even congratulate myself on my good fortune. Unlike you, WUSTL honestly does look beyond numbers and they accepted me for who I am. They even want to entice me with scholarship money. Now I might actually go to a school that's aesthetically beautiful and has small class sizes because it's not a shitty diploma mill. You're the toilet bowl of the T14 and a sinking ship, and I'd rather attend a rising star. And I'll be doing it while saving money and not hanging out with legacy pricks and political junkies.

Enjoy scrambling to maintain your T14 reputation for a few more years. Guess which school is going to be rewarded with hefty alumni donations when I'm a Biglaw associate? That's right, it'll be the school that showed faith in me when my chips were down.

Peg

You made me cry :(

This was sad :(

Quite :-( :-(

Peg

Postby Peg » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:44 pm

msridiculous447 wrote:
lmi wrote:
This was sad :(

Quite :-( :-(

Aww. I didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer!

cowgirl_bebop wrote:Oh I like that; shift the blame away from my sub-median numbers and onto the school itself. That I can jive with!

It took some practice. :D

LttleBlakDress

Postby LttleBlakDress » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:45 pm

DeeCee wrote:
LttleBlakDress wrote:

Smooches,
amkid

Love this.

lol I forgot about preference night....... great post.

I don't think I'll ever forget about preference night. One year an active fainted in the room above our preference room during the ceremony, so there was a huge thud on the ceiling in the middle of all the sorority crying and singing. Great times.

ukgrad

Postby ukgrad » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Penn, 2/4/2011.

I hate the Phillies, anyway.

androstan

Postby androstan » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:00 pm

I want to do hard IP, and everyone knows GW is better than GULC for that.

lolschool2011

Postby lolschool2011 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:30 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:Uva! ¿Qué pedos viejo cerote? La verdad es que sí esperaba tu Waitlist. Aunque mis numeros se prestarían a una admisión, todo el mundo sabe bien de que tu "Waitlist" se parece mas a la politica extranjera de George W. Bush -- un ataque preventivo.
Yield Protect much?
Sabías que tu competición me iba a admitir, y tenías razón. Quedo contento sabiendo que en este momento me han aceptado NYU, Penn, Berkeley, Michigan, Duke, Northwestern, Cornell, y Georgetown.

Tal vez te estés preguntando... "Why is this DINGBAR letter written in Spanish?" Pues decime vos... Sos vos la "uva" y por lo tanto sos vos a quien me da ganas de aplastar y chuparte las entrañas.

-Blind

You should have added a little clash....

This indecision’s bugging me
Esta indecision me molesta
If you don’t want me, set me free
Si no me quieres, librame
Exactly who’m I’m supposed to be
Dime que tengo que ser
Don’t you know which clothes even fit me?
¿sabes que ropas me quedan?
Come on and let me know
Me tienes que decir
Should I cool it or should I blow?
¿me debo ir o quedarme?

Split!
Yo me enfrio o lo sufro

sbmr12

Postby sbmr12 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:57 am

Dear Texas,

Thanks for the ding I received in the mail yesterday. I know my numbers weren't up to your standards, but I thought maybe you'd have a little soft spot for graduates from UT-Austin (you know, that school you share your campus with?). But I guess not. It's all for the best because I've lived in Austin for my entire life and it's now overrun with hipsters and yuppies and nothing's really "Keeping Austin Weird" anymore. So thanks for the ding. I was ready to move to a new, more exciting place anyway, and now I don't have any reason not to.

drummerboy

Postby drummerboy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:20 pm

I believe Im about to get my first ding today from BU. Quite a nasty way of dinging too. Acceptances have gotten phone calls, WL have gotten Emails, and I got an Email stating that a decision was rendered snail mail sent out on 2/04/2011. Very transparent yet cruel according to fellow TLS posters. What do you think? Anecdotal accounts welcomed. Thanks.

GinaTheresa

Postby GinaTheresa » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Yes - sending rejections by snail mail is cruel! I know the schools are trying to be nice, and they probably consider an actual formal letter to be better than just an emal. But I say the sooner you know the bad news, the faster you can deal with it and concentrate on your other options.

drummerboy

Postby drummerboy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:34 pm

i prefer a snail mail alone rather than an anticipatory email. on the other hand, i got a similar email from fiu but i expect an acceptance. the bu cruel part is the obvious pattern of rejection, wl, and acceptance that has become apparent to us posters.

WarioLaw

Postby WarioLaw » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Ah, UVA,

I appreciate the opportunity to be humbled via status checker. Not good enough to be admitted, not bad enough to be denied. I can't even speak the words. Let's just say that I have been hate fisted. Because that's what it feels like.

Your message says that you want to keep in touch. I think I've heard that one before. It's all right. I've been dumped by prettier girls.

- Wario
Last edited by WarioLaw on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:38 pm

Tagged for anticipation of Chicago-related post later today.

lolschool2011

Postby lolschool2011 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Tagged for anticipation of Chicago-related post later today.

Whoa - per your LSN and "scholarship amounts are per year" note you're getting 120k from wustl and IL? What will you do with all that extra cash!? :lol:

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:44 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Tagged for anticipation of Chicago-related post later today.

Whoa - per your LSN and "scholarship amounts are per year" note you're getting 120k from wustl and IL? What will you do with all that extra cash!? :lol:

Two chicks at once.

Edit: my lsn has been changed to say "over three years". Thanks for pointing that out.

lolschool2011

Postby lolschool2011 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:51 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
lolschool2011 wrote:

What will you do with all that extra cash!? :lol:

Two chicks at once..

TITcr.

drummerboy

Postby drummerboy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Officially just Dinged from BU via Snail Mail!!!

rbarcelo9

Postby rbarcelo9 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:32 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
lolschool2011 wrote:

What will you do with all that extra cash!? :lol:

Two chicks at once..

TITcr.

best response ever lol

WhatSarahSaid

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:05 pm

Berkeley? More like, Jerkeley.

subtle

Postby subtle » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:12 pm

WhatSarahSaid wrote:Berkeley? More like, Jerkeley.

:lol:

drummerboy wrote:Officially just Dinged from BU via Snail Mail!!!

:( How jerky of them to tell you that you were getting a letter in the mail, knowing full well that they only mail waitlists and rejections. They could have at least told you in the email. Sorry to hear that.

drummerboy

Postby drummerboy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:39 pm

dinged at boalt. second ding of the day. tomorrow response from wash lee expected to those on initial waitlist. things come in threes any bets ?

BuckeyeGirl

Postby BuckeyeGirl » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:50 pm

Penn,

I know wit is in keeping with the theme of this thread, but you hurt my feelings. I was sad. I yelled at my boyfriend when he brought me my favorite beer. I was not nice the entire weekend. I was even mean to my dad! I don't like that you made me a rude bitch. I thought you might be the one...

Love,

It's OK, people have heard of where I went to undergrad, unlike your law school

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”