THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lisjjen

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby lisjjen » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:26 pm

kkklick wrote:It doesn't mean what you think it does and it's just a username.

Anyways back on topic, fuck W&L.

Fuck them indeed. I shall refrain from snap judgements in the future.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:27 pm

DeeCee wrote:
lisjjen wrote:
kkklick wrote:Fuck Washington & Lee

Not the biggest fan of your pseudonym.

When I see it I always think the same thing....was the name meant to be offensive or just an unfortunate choice?

I'm brown, hopefully that answers your question.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:27 pm

DamnLSAT wrote:
DeeCee wrote:
lisjjen wrote:

When I see it I always think the same thing....was the name meant to be offensive or just an unfortunate choice?

How do you miss that though in the initial creation? At least they aren't capitalized, I suppose.

I noticed it, but didn't think I would be using this site for more than a few days. Well guess I was wrong.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:28 pm

kkklick wrote:
DeeCee wrote:
lisjjen wrote:

I'm brown, hopefully that answers your question.

So it was an unfortunate choice!! :P

Just kidding. Sorry to hassle you.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:31 pm

No problem I've been asked about it 100 times it's routine now lol. Plus I know we all have pent up rage at the moment. Seriously though W&L rejected me in 3 days while someone with similar stats got a 20K scholly. Makes no sense unless I made a mistake on the app which I doubt.

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:57 pm

kkklick wrote:No problem I've been asked about it 100 times it's routine now lol. Plus I know we all have pent up rage at the moment. Seriously though W&L rejected me in 3 days while someone with similar stats got a 20K scholly. Makes no sense unless I made a mistake on the app which I doubt.

Seriously. W&L dinged me too, and gave someone w my #s 20k as well.

But i think i wrote a kind of "politically liberal" PS and a friend of mine who went their UG said that's probably why. Fuck them anyway. Though I wish they'd reconsider... :wink:

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:01 pm

girlonfire wrote:
kkklick wrote:No problem I've been asked about it 100 times it's routine now lol. Plus I know we all have pent up rage at the moment. Seriously though W&L rejected me in 3 days while someone with similar stats got a 20K scholly. Makes no sense unless I made a mistake on the app which I doubt.

But i think i wrote a kind of "politically liberal" PS and a friend of mine who went their UG said that's probably why. Fuck them anyway. Though I wish they'd reconsider... :wink:

I see, frankly I don't care that they rejected me as I'd have to be crazy to pay 60K per year for their not-even-top-30 law school, but to reject me in 3 days? I doubt they even looked at my app beyond the numbers because my softs are impressive. The first rejection is always the toughest I suppose.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:07 pm

girlonfire wrote:

ugh seriously? if that's true then that is bullshit.

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:17 pm

even so, it would have had to have been a pretty serious error, not just a typo or something. No, I think W&L is just desperate to get their rankings back up and they took one look at your LSAT and threw you in the ding pile. I don't mean to be rude, but I'd put money on that being the case.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:33 pm

crit_racer wrote:

even so, it would have had to have been a pretty serious error, not just a typo or something. No, I think W&L is just desperate to get their rankings back up and they took one look at your LSAT and threw you in the ding pile. I don't mean to be rude, but I'd put money on that being the case.

They've also been really strict about the C+F question this year. People with really solid numbers have been getting dinged because they got caught with alcohol in their dorm freshman year of UG or something stupid like that. So they're actually doing you a favor since now you can be less than a saint at whatever school you're at.

folkitup123

Postby folkitup123 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:38 pm

law_monkey wrote:They've also been really strict about the C+F question this year. People with really solid numbers have been getting dinged because they got caught with alcohol in their dorm freshman year of UG or something stupid like that. So they're actually doing you a favor since now you can be less than a saint at whatever school you're at.

Is anyone actually going to check that box if, say, you were caught in your dorm pounding scotch and soda's one random Tuesday freshman year? I am highly skeptical of such application obedience.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:41 pm

folkitup123 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:They've also been really strict about the C+F question this year. People with really solid numbers have been getting dinged because they got caught with alcohol in their dorm freshman year of UG or something stupid like that. So they're actually doing you a favor since now you can be less than a saint at whatever school you're at.

Is anyone actually going to check that box if, say, you were caught in your dorm pounding scotch and soda's one random Tuesday freshman year? I am highly skeptical of such application obedience.

I agree here. IRL I have seen MANY people lie about these types of questions, which I think is pretty risky, but also I'm not sure if a school or the bar will dig up such dirt on you. However, on TLS it seems everyone discloses everything for fear that C&F might find out later (which is probably the safer bet, anyway).

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:44 pm

folkitup123 wrote:

i got busted for something like that, and i cheked the box. It doesnt hurt, but there was a paper trail at my UG. not a big deal.

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:09 pm

law_monkey wrote:
crit_racer wrote:

They've also been really strict about the C+F question this year. People with really solid numbers have been getting dinged because they got caught with alcohol in their dorm freshman year of UG or something stupid like that. So they're actually doing you a favor since now you can be less than a saint at whatever school you're at.

They must be a fan of honesty then because I got in with a full scholly but also had an extensive negative addendum...

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:40 pm

I responded no to C+F questions, never been in trouble with the law ever. I tend to agree with the fellow who mentioned my LSAT as the reason I probably got dinged.

kcdc

Postby kcdc » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:44 pm

kjadkins wrote:(my first ding bar post. sorry i'm not incredibly witty, i had been refraining from posting to save everyone from my lack of humor, but i cannot not do it right now)

Dear Georgetown,

Thank you for placing me on your "waiting list". Not your shiny happy people's unicorns and rainbows super special priority wait-list, just the regular wait-list. Additionally, thank you for telling me in your email that you HAVE a shiny happy people's unicorns and rainbows super special priority wait-list, just so I know where I stand in your eyes. Never mind the traffic I battled, the smartrip fare I paid for, and the blocks of walking around in heels JUST to come suck up to the dean in the hopes of getting in. Obviously none of that matters because my daddy didn't go to GULC and donate seventy bagillion dollars and get a building named after him, or because I didn't lock myself in my room and do nothing but study during undergrad so that I emerged with a perfect 4.0 but zero social skills. I would care a lot less if all you wanted was good numbers if you didn't make me haul my ass three hours to show up to an interview where you told me that personal statements DO matter and that diversity is a plus and that sometimes the underdog CAN get in if she's just that special. Well you know what Georgetown? You can take your wait-list and shove it. Because if I'm going to live somewhere with an exorbitant cost of living, dirty streets, and more tourists than a sane person can handle, it's sure as hell not going to be so I can go to GeorgeTTTown Diploma Mill. See you on the flip side (when I'm back in DC taking jobs from your grads).

Kisses!
kjadkins
Last edited by kcdc on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdamAndSteve

Postby AdamAndSteve » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:37 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:Uva! ¿Qué pedos viejo cerote? La verdad es que sí esperaba tu Waitlist. Aunque mis numeros se prestarían a una admisión, todo el mundo sabe bien de que tu "Waitlist" se parece mas a la politica extranjera de George W. Bush -- un ataque preventivo.
Yield Protect much?
Sabías que tu competición me iba a admitir, y tenías razón. Quedo contento sabiendo que en este momento me han aceptado NYU, Penn, Berkeley, Michigan, Duke, Northwestern, Cornell, y Georgetown.

Tal vez te estés preguntando... "Why is this DINGBAR letter written in Spanish?" Pues decime vos... Sos vos la "uva" y por lo tanto sos vos a quien me da ganas de aplastar y chuparte las entrañas.

-Blind

Jaja, una portena?

thegrayman

Postby thegrayman » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:31 pm

UT,

I forgot I even applied to your shitty school, thanks for the letter-sized reminder...

kalede

Postby kalede » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:29 am

UT,

Thanks. No, really: thank you. I was afraid I was going to spend the rest of my life living in Texas because I would feel obligated to attend your law school due to the low tuition rate and pressure from my family, but now that worry has been allayed.

When I was looking around for employment in a legal office in Austin, I came across several job ads from alumni of your institution that did not raise my opinion of the value of a UT legal education. One such ad required the prospective legal assistant to have "an eye for detail" and the "ability to empathize with people" because those were "not the attorney's strong suits". I appreciate the honesty, but it doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the sort of lawyers UT turns out.

Also, you mailed my letter to the wrong address. Nice going.

Cheers,
Kalede

Peg

Postby Peg » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:45 pm

Dear GeorgeTTTown,

I didn't have the heart to post in this thread all weekend, thanks to you smashing it into a thousand pieces. But now I've recovered and can even congratulate myself on my good fortune. Unlike you, WUSTL honestly does look beyond numbers and they accepted me for who I am. They even want to entice me with scholarship money. Now I might actually go to a school that's aesthetically beautiful and has small class sizes because it's not a shitty diploma mill. You're the toilet bowl of the T14 and a sinking ship, and I'd rather attend a rising star. And I'll be doing it while saving money and not hanging out with legacy pricks and political junkies.

Enjoy scrambling to maintain your T14 reputation for a few more years. Guess which school is going to be rewarded with hefty alumni donations when I'm a Biglaw associate? That's right, it'll be the school that showed faith in me when my chips were down.

Peg

You made me cry :(

lmi

Postby lmi » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:39 pm

Peg wrote:Dear GeorgeTTTown,

I didn't have the heart to post in this thread all weekend, thanks to you smashing it into a thousand pieces. But now I've recovered and can even congratulate myself on my good fortune. Unlike you, WUSTL honestly does look beyond numbers and they accepted me for who I am. They even want to entice me with scholarship money. Now I might actually go to a school that's aesthetically beautiful and has small class sizes because it's not a shitty diploma mill. You're the toilet bowl of the T14 and a sinking ship, and I'd rather attend a rising star. And I'll be doing it while saving money and not hanging out with legacy pricks and political junkies.

Enjoy scrambling to maintain your T14 reputation for a few more years. Guess which school is going to be rewarded with hefty alumni donations when I'm a Biglaw associate? That's right, it'll be the school that showed faith in me when my chips were down.

Peg

You made me cry :(

This was sad :(

onepass

Postby onepass » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Dear George Washington,

Thanks for the waitlist. I've actually decided to attend the better George anyway. You know, the one just across town that actually has national name recognition? I didn't want to spend the next three years continually repeating the following conversation anyway: "I go to George Washington University" soon followed by "No, it's in D.C. not St. Louis." I knew it was a bad sign when you were the only school that didn't grant me a fee waiver. That's okay. Please donate that money to your homeless and indebted graduates who are unable to find jobs.

amkid100

Postby amkid100 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Dear UVA,

I can't believe that you like decided not to ask me back to pref night. Are you surrrious? I totally kissed up to all of your sisters and wore my nicest pearls. I can't believe you let that slut in from my European history class. She's always on facebook in the front row. And more importantly: SHE'S SUCH A SLUT! But she's also a blue-blooded, old guard Virginian whose Mama counted herself among your ranks once upon a time. I guess I understand how she got in.

This sucks! Mostly because I really wanted to date all those beer guzzling frat dudes that go to your formals. F. I guess I'll have to settle for one of my other picks or not go Greek at all. Time to go cry to my mom.

Smooches,
amkid

Peg

Postby Peg » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:43 pm

lmi wrote:This was sad :(

Yeah, it was. After I wrote it I felt better though - I even almost convinced myself that GULC is crap.

Law schools could take a shiny leaf out of the books of some Chinese publications. Look how one of those publications sends rejection letters to writers:

"We have read your manuscript with boundless delight, and if we were to publish your paper, it would be impossible for us to publish any work of a lower standard. And, as it is unthinkable that in the next thousand years we shall see its equal, we are, to our regret, compelled to return your divine composition and beg you a thousand times to overlook our short sight and timidity."

Almost died laughing. GULC, learn.

jacketman03

Postby jacketman03 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:45 pm

Peg wrote:
lmi wrote:This was sad :(

Yeah, it was. After I wrote it I felt better though - I even almost convinced myself that GULC is crap.

Law schools could take a shiny leaf out of the books of some Chinese publications. Look how one of those publications sends rejection letters to writers:

"We have read your manuscript with boundless delight, and if we were to publish your paper, it would be impossible for us to publish any work of a lower standard. And, as it is unthinkable that in the next thousand years we shall see its equal, we are, to our regret, compelled to return your divine composition and beg you a thousand times to overlook our short sight and timidity."

Almost died laughing. GULC, learn.

That would almost make me feel better about getting rejected if some of these law schools did this type of rejection.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”