THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
whathojeeves

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby whathojeeves » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:25 pm

Dear SLS and Dean Deal,

As much as I love Northern California, the idea of spending three years in Shallow Alto wasn't terribly appealing to me. I could always live in the city and commute down, I thought to myself.

After weeks where you flaunted SLS's charms across your blog, I screwed up the courage to send you a LOCI. To which you never even sent me an acknowledgment email. Fine, I thought, she's busy, she'll get back to me.

Then came the realization that HYS base decisions solely on need....and require copies of my parents' tax returns. Trust me so little that you can't take my word for it on my FAFSA? Fine. I'll deal with that too.

Finally, the status checker change of death. It was a good thing I'd had a shitty day at work and was halfway into a drink before I checked it.

You were cold. Way cold. Colder than Harvard, even, (yes I mentioned the H-word) and they're not exactly known for their light and fluffies. What gives? A few years of dotcom-fueled endowment increases and you think you can act even worse than a dean from back east?

However, the rejection letter made me sure that I am making the right choice taking my T14 scholarship and spending my three years in a real city. I mean, sans serif? Really? Who uses that as a font?

Love,

Jeeves

p.s. Of course, if you'd like to reconsider, I could totally buy some clothes from anthropologie, a nalgene, and an audi and be there Sept 1st.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:36 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:10 am

Don't forget the Birkenstocks, Jeeves...

Well written, BTW.

luckyme

Postby luckyme » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:16 am

whathojeeves wrote:However, the rejection letter made me sure that I am making the right choice taking my T14 scholarship and spending my three years in a real city. I mean, sans serif? Really? Who uses that as a font?

Love,

Jeeves

p.s. Of course, if you'd like to reconsider, I could totally buy some clothes from anthropologie, a nalgene, and an audi and be there Sept 1st.

lol

rockyIV

Postby rockyIV » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:08 pm

Dear Berkeley,

Your name was relevant over 40 yrs ago and yet are still riding that same wave of notoriety. Sure, YOU are BERKELEY LAW, the self-proclaimed "crown-jewel" of the public UC school system. However you forget to tell your prospective students that your law professors are more concerned with their research than their teaching, that your facilities have not changed since the famous protests decades ago, and the city of Berkeley is probably one of the most undesirable places to live in California.

I played with the idea of us having a long-term relationship, I won't lie. If your low-carbon foot print and 'holier than thou' persona didn't make you put your chin so high up in the air maybe we could have worked. Instead, I will be taking my abilities to one of your counterparts and could not be happier about it. They will provide me with all the things you couldn't (stellar professors, beautiful campus, large metropolitan city, safe location), I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Dolph Lundgren

lolschool2011

Postby lolschool2011 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:05 pm

Dear University of Chicago,

You just dinged yourself from the world thinking you're a serious institution:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKv52hnXXFQ

TTT in 5 years, I guarantee it.

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:55 pm

Dear George Mason,
Your LS building is so ugly that I wouldn't stop there to use the restroom. I knew my public service, politically liberal PS was not what you wanted to see, but your low tuition costs, DC-ish location, and free application made you a viable option... for about 10 minutes. As soon as I clicked "submit", I curled my lip and wondered if I had temporarily lowered my standards. So in conclusion, I can happily say that you may have rejected me, but I rejected you first.

"You can't fire me, I quit."
-GOF

boozehound

Postby boozehound » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:32 pm

Dear BU,

I know you haven't dinged me yet, but I also know that this delay is just part of your wacko-sadistic-headgames. Yo, if you didn't want me to write my PS about the best brand of frozen pizza, here's a fuckin' original thought....TELL ME THAT! What?! Am I suppose to guess you're not interested in pizza? You friggin' dipshits.

Oh, and another thing, that low GPA is not my fault. Hello??? I was drinkin' a lot during undergrad. Jeesh, get over it. You judgmental assholes make me sick. And as far as that damn parlor game called the LSAT goes, big deal. So I didn't get a 170+...so what! I coulda retaken that dumb thing and gotten 3 or 4 more points....everyone does it. So why make me go through the formality? Huh? What's the point? Just add the 4 points to my damn score.

That's it, I'm done. Go look out the window you idiot!

--boozehound

meh3884

Postby meh3884 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:23 pm

boozehound wrote:Dear BU,

Am I suppose to guess you're not interested in pizza? You friggin' dipshits.

Oh, and another thing, that low GPA is not my fault. Hello??? I was drinkin' a lot during undergrad. Jeesh, get over it. You judgmental assholes make me sick.

--boozehound

They just don't understand us!

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:56 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StillHerexxx

Postby StillHerexxx » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:16 pm

Dear Lewis & Clark,

You denied me, but I just got into a school 40 spots ahead of you, who is laughing now?

krad

Postby krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:17 pm

StillHerexxx wrote:Dear Lewis & Clark,

You denied me, but I just got into a school 40 spots ahead of you, who is laughing now?

This made me lol. Congrats on the higher-ranked school!

StillHerexxx

Postby StillHerexxx » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:31 pm

Thanks! I have been pumped for like 6 hours since I found out. I had no expectations of getting in, especially since L&C denied me. Partying hard.

am0rfati

Postby am0rfati » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:31 pm

Damn! Congrats! Where else did you get in? That has got to feel sooo good...

lolschool2011

Postby lolschool2011 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:39 pm

The person going to Cooley which is ranked #12 according to their rankings, that's who.

J/k - if this is legit, it is awesome, and both Lewis and Clark can suck it.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:43 pm

krad wrote:

This made me lol. Congrats on the higher-ranked school!

rm61

Postby rm61 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:51 pm

Dear Columbia,

Hey buddddy, thanks for putting me on hold. But uh, I actually got to run. Up North to a little school called Harvard. You're not that into me---well, I was never really that into you. In fact, I only applied because of the fee waiver. So sorry we wasted each other's time.

peace,
me.

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:22 pm

Dear columbia medical school:
thanks for telling me taht i can have the option of applying to your pre med school courses. I really was not interested in a year and a half of 18 credit semesters of just science classes, to be eligible to apply to medical schools. I am applying to law school, not prerequesite school to apply to medical school.

now if you want to let me into medical school without taking the admissions test, and this prerequesite course load- great. ill pack my bags. however, the world would be so much worse if i was allowed to study neurosurgery instead of law.

northwood

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:42 pm

Dear Stanford and Dean Deal,

No, I don't want to make a deal. I think you're arrogant and pompous for having a blog named after yourself. I mean seriously, Faye-mous? And you're the Dean of Admissions at the #3 law school in the country? Well, now we know why you're not #1.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:07 am

rm61 wrote:Dear Columbia,

Hey buddddy, thanks for putting me on hold. But uh, I actually got to run. Up North to a little school called Harvard. You're not that into me---well, I was never really that into you. In fact, I only applied because of the fee waiver. So sorry we wasted each other's time.

peace,
me.

Ugh, I so wish this could be my attitude toward the CLS hold.

Pink

Postby Pink » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:09 pm

Dear Columbia,

"Unfortunately, we are unable to take favorable action on your application". Effing really? How long did you sit in front of a theasaurus figuring THAT phrase out? Obviously the person writing your rejection letters was one of the people that sat in front of their own personal statement for 3 weeks trying to figure out new words for 'the' and 'however'. Unfortunately, some of us didn't have quite that much time to spend making ourselves sound like pompous assholes, as we were busy working 50+ hours a week in undergrad, you know, supporting ourselves. So don't worry, it's quite obvious we wouldn't have gotten along long term anyway. Kisses.

Love,

Pink

softsgalore

Postby softsgalore » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:01 pm

Dear Penn:

You removed me from your waitlist because I didn't write a Why Penn. Well, I'll tell you why that is. You see, New York City is an overrated, overpopulated, overpriced cesspit, and Philly is New York City's stupider, uglier, less cultured sister who hates black people.

Smooches!

-- Softsgalore

src42

Postby src42 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:04 pm

softsgalore wrote: New York City is an overrated, overpopulated, overpriced cesspit, and Philly is New York City's stupider, uglier, less cultured sister who hates black people.

hahaha, love this.

jacketman03

Postby jacketman03 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:00 pm

Dear Texas Tech,

You're in Lubbock. And your male cheerleaders can't spell. That is all.

Jacketman03

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:01 pm

Uva! ¿Qué pedos viejo cerote? La verdad es que sí esperaba tu Waitlist. Aunque mis numeros se prestarían a una admisión, todo el mundo sabe bien de que tu "Waitlist" se parece mas a la politica extranjera de George W. Bush -- un ataque preventivo.
Yield Protect much?
Sabías que tu competición me iba a admitir, y tenías razón. Quedo contento sabiendo que en este momento me han aceptado NYU, Penn, Berkeley, Michigan, Duke, Northwestern, Cornell, y Georgetown.

Tal vez te estés preguntando... "Why is this DINGBAR letter written in Spanish?" Pues decime vos... Sos vos la "uva" y por lo tanto sos vos a quien me da ganas de aplastar y chuparte las entrañas.

-Blind

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”