THE DING BAR

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
teleste

Re: THE DING BAR

Postby teleste » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:23 am

UT-Austin

Everything is bigger in Texas...

...including my would be OOS debt for attending your cowshit institution.

krad

Postby krad » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:30 am

teleste wrote:UT-Austin

Everything is bigger in Texas...

...including my would be OOS debt for attending your cowshit institution.

lulz nice one!

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:48 am

Dear top choice I'm not ready to name yet,

You want me to wait for you, even still, now that I waited 12 weeks just to be waitlisted via status checker... Without so much as an email, even and with an added, unapologetic email a couple hours later. You really know how to tear 'em down, don't you? I was told you had a high preference towards 167+ LSAT scores... But my sub 3.0 GPA must not have been good enough for you. Little did you know (because I doubt you read my Why? essay), but I'm one of the few people who wants to go to your school AND stay in your state for the remainder of my life... Despite the frigid cold and annoying near-Canadian accents touted by so many of your residents.

However, I am NOT disappointed that I won't be purchasing one of the required laptops (http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-2765P3U-14 ... 487&sr=8-1) for $1300, for a PC loaded with Vista. Um... What?! No thank you. I'm heading into professional school, I have a freaking computer already... One that I actually enjoy using, and can handle in my backpack with my law books, unlike this 6 pound monster.

So, WUSTL and Iowa... You all just moved up a spot on my list, congratulations. I appreciate the faith you've shown in me by accepting me 6 weeks quicker than this school could find time to waitlist me. Colorado - Hook me up with that magic $$ amount (you know what I'm talking about) and you magically have ZERO competition and an immediate deposit payment from me. Otherwise - TTT here I come... At least I'll only have to pay COL, which will NOT include a brand new computer that I don't even want.

Sincerely disappointed,
Chrisbru

P.S. - You know I'll ride the waitlist... So please let me in?

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:23 pm

Dear Miami,

Hold my application? Promise another review before April 30th? Although I am both shocked an appalled at the audacity you must have to even come to such a conclusion, I am even more appalled at your nerve to render such a decision without even the courtesy of an email. I just stumbled upon that notice fishing around your ass-backwards UM system.

Go fuck yourselves.

Sincerely,

Me

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:27 pm

chrisbru wrote:Dear top choice I'm not ready to name yet,

You want me to wait for you, even still, now that I waited 12 weeks just to be waitlisted via status checker... Without so much as an email, even and with an added, unapologetic email a couple hours later. You really know how to tear 'em down, don't you? I was told you had a high preference towards 167+ LSAT scores... But my sub 3.0 GPA must not have been good enough for you. Little did you know (because I doubt you read my Why? essay), but I'm one of the few people who wants to go to your school AND stay in your state for the remainder of my life... Despite the frigid cold and annoying near-Canadian accents touted by so many of your residents.

However, I am NOT disappointed that I won't be purchasing one of the required laptops (http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-2765P3U-14 ... 487&sr=8-1) for $1300, for a PC loaded with Vista. Um... What?! No thank you. I'm heading into professional school, I have a freaking computer already... One that I actually enjoy using, and can handle in my backpack with my law books, unlike this 6 pound monster.

So, WUSTL and Iowa... You all just moved up a spot on my list, congratulations. I appreciate the faith you've shown in me by accepting me 6 weeks quicker than this school could find time to waitlist me. Colorado - Hook me up with that magic $$ amount (you know what I'm talking about) and you magically have ZERO competition and an immediate deposit payment from me. Otherwise - TTT here I come... At least I'll only have to pay COL, which will NOT include a brand new computer that I don't even want.

Sincerely disappointed,
Chrisbru

P.S. - You know I'll ride the waitlist... So please let me in?

FWIW that laptop is SUPER lame...

LilMonsterAnnie

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:47 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:Dear Miami,

Hold my application? Promise another review before April 30th? Although I am both shocked an appalled at the audacity you must have to even come to such a conclusion, I am even more appalled at your nerve to render such a decision without even the courtesy of an email. I just stumbled upon that notice fishing around your ass-backwards UM system.

Go fuck yourselves.

Sincerely,

Me

:lol:

gotcha

Postby gotcha » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:49 pm

GW - 01/24/11

Who the hell wants to go to the 2nd best school at fudging numbers in a saturated market anyways?
If I'm going to worry about getting robbed on my way to class, I'll go to Miami. At least there's a beach there.

crankyankees

Postby crankyankees » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:54 pm

Dear Harvard:

Thank you for helping me come to the decision that the Boston area is not the place for me. I was ready to accept the throngs of overzealous and bandwagon BoSox fans populating your region, but there is no possible way I can live in the same city as a quarterback who loses playoff games to the New York Jets and looks like Justin Bieber.

luckyme

Postby luckyme » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:55 pm

crankyankees wrote:Dear Harvard:

Thank you for helping me come to the decision that the Boston area is not the place for me. I was ready to accept the throngs of overzealous and bandwagon BoSox fans populating your region, but there is no possible way I can live in the same city as a quarterback who loses playoff games to the New York Jets and looks like Justin Bieber.

Tom Trump Supporter Brady is a saint

ThreeYears

Postby ThreeYears » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:01 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:Dear Miami,

Go fuck yourselves.

Sincerely,

Me

paisaaa

Postby paisaaa » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:12 pm

luckyme wrote:
crankyankees wrote:Dear Harvard:

Tom Trump Supporter Brady is a saint

TITCR

subtle

Postby subtle » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:10 pm

GW--

This is probably for the best as I wouldn't go to you over that other school in DC or Duke, anyway.

Love and shit,

Subtle

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:17 pm

subtle wrote:GW--

This is probably for the best as I wouldn't go to you over that other school in DC or Duke, anyway.

Love and shit,

Subtle

I love how this isn't "subtle" at all.

subtle

Postby subtle » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:20 pm

JJDancer wrote:
subtle wrote:GW--

Love and shit,

Subtle

I love how this isn't "subtle" at all.

Welcome to the irony of my internet persona. :) The full name is subtleisntme, but shortened brings out the true irony in all of it.

HopefulFish

Postby HopefulFish » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:22 pm

Dear USC:

Getting rejected by you is like getting rejected by someone I was never interested in. But it's my fault for making eye-contact with you. By the way, everyone thinks you are a greedy, self-serving dbag. As for me, I got a nice vacation package loaded with allowances at a better place than you.

XoXo Fish

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:32 pm

jdbarr06 wrote:@ Arbiter213

Are those dick fingers about to grab Donald Duck?

Yes. Ever wondered why Mickey Mouse wears gloves all the time?

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:40 pm

Finally I get to do one!

Not a ding, but a WL.

Minnesota... Really sugar? You want me to wait? I ran across your info and you seemed pretty nice. You live in a sweet city (never been, but so I've heard). You were a cheap date, also. As somebody with over 6000 hours of unpaid domestic and foreign public service and a GPA/LSAT above both your 75ths, you said I wasn't like most of your callers. You only charged me $12 and I finished with you in fifteen minutes. In retrospect even that wasn't worth it. An hour in Amsterdam's Red Light District costs 50 bucks with the added bonus of not having to pull out, which is what I'm about to do here. So what seemed like a "value" in your case, in the end, really wasn't. No hard feelings though, as finishing in you would've been the worst decision I could have made.

P.S. Come visit me in the Bay Area sometime... or maybe in Philly or Ann Arbor... decisions decisions.

P.P.S. Who the f*ck cares about Walter Mondale? He wasn't leftist enough anyway,
You Prostitute.
Last edited by Blindc1rca on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dcwumpus

Postby dcwumpus » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:Finally I get to do one!

Not a ding, but a WL.

Minnesota... Really sugar? You want me to wait? I ran across your info and you seemed pretty nice. You live in a sweet city (never been, but so I've heard). You were a cheap date, also. As somebody with over 6000 hours of unpaid domestic and foreign public service and a GPA/LSAT above both your 75ths, you said I wasn't like most of your callers. You only charged me $12 and I finished with you in fifteen minutes. In retrospect even that wasn't worth it. An hour in Amsterdam's Red Light District costs 50 bucks with the added bonus of not having to pull out, which is what I'm about to do here. So what seemed like a "value" in your case, in the end, really wasn't. No hard feelings though, as finishing in you would've been the worst decision I could have made.

P.S. Come visit me in the Bay Area sometime... or maybe in Philly or Ann Arbor... decisions decisions.

P.P.S. Who the f*ck cares about Walter Mondale? He wasn't leftist enough anyway, You Prostitute.

I need a minute to catch my breath.

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:46 pm

i like ranting on the ding bar like any other person and hell some of the posts here are way better than mine and capture my feelings better than i could but, but i'm gonna say it because i know i'm not the only one who thinks that some of the ding posts are damn straight creepy.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:48 pm

Not a ding, but a WL.

P.P.S. Who the f*ck cares about Walter Mondale? He wasn't leftist enough anyway,
You Prostitute.

Love this.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:49 pm

chrisbru wrote:

Not a ding, but a WL.

You Prostitute.

Love this.

OMG this is awesome.

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:50 pm

dcwumpus wrote:

Not a ding, but a WL.

You Prostitute.

I need a minute to catch my breath.

Haha I'm not even really mad, I've just been itching to do one of these and I've had the beginnings of a hooker analogy floating around in my head for days now. No hard feelings Minnesota, although FWIW I do think YP is stupid.

Entchen

Postby Entchen » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:43 pm

Dear Minnesota,

I applied to you because I like winter, and I love hockey, and you also seem to love hockey. I guess that, and my 177, weren't enough for you. That's ok, I'll pass on your waitlist, I'm too busy getting excited to enroll in a T6* school.

Love,

Entch

*According to USCHO, the only ranking that matters. GO BLUE.
Last edited by Entchen on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

edgarfigaro

Postby edgarfigaro » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:24 pm

Northwestern,

Thank you...your ding is a tremendous relief. I no longer have to contemplate -20 windchill for 6 straight months, nor do I have to live in an area that uses the word 'pop' instead of soda. Plus there's the relief at not going to school in a state that's bankrupt, and the knowledge that I won't be paying the highest tuition in the land. I can't believe I was considering going to a city that decided, "You know, pizza is pretty unhealthy, but we can do better...let's load it up with 4 times the cheese and as much sausage and pepperoni as possible in order to destroy our life expectancy even further."

To sum up...go DIAF

-ed

PS: thanks for helping me clear my twitter feed
PPS: 'pop'...really? Just hearing that drives me nuts

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:29 pm

Dear Cornell,

Ithaca? Really?

It's just like hell, only it's cold.

Thanks for the ding,

Gemini