THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gravityrides0

Silver

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by gravityrides0 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:54 pm

kingofspain wrote:
Liquox wrote:what is this messing up the ding bar? all these butt hurt people need to relax
To be fair, y'all seem more butthurt* about the breach of decorum than I, the instigator, was about the original post.

Also, my retort was (I flatter myself) funnier than the original joke, in keeping with the sacred mission of the ding bar.

*As a member of the PC police, I am required to cite you for use of this probably-homophobic word.
hahaha. <3

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:28 pm

Dany wrote:Hey retards - stop ruining the ding bar.

fashiongirl

Bronze

Post by fashiongirl » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:33 pm

Dear USD. I hate you.

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Dear USC,
I find it hilarious that you waitlisted me. This just further evidences the superiority of UCLA and the four T14 schools that have already accepted me.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:36 pm

Geneva wrote:Dear USC,
I find it hilarious that you waitlisted me. This just further evidences the superiority of UCLA and the four T14 schools that have already accepted me.

Yeahhhhh, you show em that evidence.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:41 pm

The Ding Bar is turning into a bonafide mega. Over/under on "Ding Bar Tinychat" becoming password protected is approximately 11 days.

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:47 pm

This. Dear god.

HapaForever

New

Post by HapaForever » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:50 pm

kingofspain wrote:
Liquox wrote:what is this messing up the ding bar? all these butt hurt people need to relax
To be fair, y'all seem more butthurt* about the breach of decorum than I, the instigator, was about the original post.

Also, my retort was (I flatter myself) funnier than the original joke, in keeping with the sacred mission of the ding bar.

*As a member of the PC police, I am required to cite you for use of this probably-homophobic word.
+1. As an African-American URM, I felt extremely uncomfortable when I saw the original post. I understand dings hurt, but there is no reason to blame URMs for your misfortune.

Liquox

Bronze

Post by Liquox » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:54 pm

kingofspain wrote:

that part is true, though your * is somewhat ironic

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

T00L

Silver

Post by T00L » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:59 pm

My friends,

[To be said as a wise sensei to a padawan learner:]

See the DING BAR.

Be the DING BAR.

Use the DING BAR.
for its intended purposes*

*Ripping the shit out of law schools that burned us...

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:16 am

HapaForever wrote:
kingofspain wrote:

+1. As an African-American URM, I felt extremely uncomfortable when I saw the original post. I understand dings hurt, but there is no reason to blame URMs for your misfortune.
Oh for fuck's sake.

HapaForever

New

Post by HapaForever » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:35 am

JoeMo wrote:
HapaForever wrote:
kingofspain wrote:

Oh for fuck's sake.
A lot of people are complaining about "ruining the ding bar" but it's shit like this that ruins the ding bar for me. Why is it so ridiculous to not want to see racist comments? Is it really that hard not to be racist?

goldenflash19

Silver

Post by goldenflash19 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:46 am

:roll:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crumpledq

Bronze

Post by crumpledq » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:49 am

HapaForever wrote:A lot of people are complaining about "ruining the ding bar" but it's shit like this that ruins the ding bar for me. Why is it so ridiculous to not want to see racist comments?
+1

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:51 am

Trying to steer this back on track...

Okay.
Wisconsin.
I only applied to make my Wisconsinite family happy.
I didn't want to go to law school in the state that elected Scott Fucking Walker as governor anyway.

PS Cheese curds are disgusting. The great state of Vermont might not apologize for tis cheese, but Wisconsin should.

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:15 am

HapaForever wrote: A lot of people are complaining about "ruining the ding bar" but it's shit like this that ruins the ding bar for me. Why is it so ridiculous to not want to see racist comments? Is it really that hard not to be racist?
I get it, it's fine but last week it was sexism, this week it's racism, next week it's ageism, there was a sprinkling of homophobia in there somewhere. Who cares? It's the ding bar, if you can't put up with racist, ageist, sexist and slightly homophobic comments then go elsewhere.

You're all going to be lawyers and you all need thicker skin. This butt hurt mentality needs to be left in high school.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:20 am

JoeMo wrote:
HapaForever wrote: A lot of people are complaining about "ruining the ding bar" but it's shit like this that ruins the ding bar for me. Why is it so ridiculous to not want to see racist comments? Is it really that hard not to be racist?
I get it, it's fine but last week it was sexism, this week it's racism, next week it's ageism, there was a sprinkling of homophobia in there somewhere. Who cares? It's the ding bar, if you can't put up with racist, ageist, sexist and slightly homophobic comments then go elsewhere.

You're all going to be lawyers and you all need thicker skin. This butt hurt mentality needs to be left in high school.
Shut up, grandpa.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crumpledq

Bronze

Post by crumpledq » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:22 am

JoeMo wrote:You're all going to be lawyers and you all need thicker skin.
Two words: Richard Cebull.

I think you're the one who needs to learn more about the ethical requirements of being a lawyer.

HapaForever

New

Post by HapaForever » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:28 am

JoeMo wrote:

I'm assuming it doesn't matter to you because you're not a minority. But why do I have to leave when people can stop making racist, ageist, sexist and homophobic comments? I should be able to enjoy the law school shaming without feeling uncomfortable.

If someone says "fuck off UVA" and students at UVA get upset, they should understand that this is the purpose of the ding bar. But you don't have to be insensitive to minorities to get the point across.

I would love to leave the ugliness behind and continue ripping law schools.

Onthebrink

Bronze

Post by Onthebrink » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:32 am

Ding Dong The Ding Bar is Dead. I used to be excited to see this thread bumped. The last couple weeks have been just friggin terrible. Thank you PC police and trolls alike.

Davidbentley

Bronze

Post by Davidbentley » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:38 am

As an AA male, I have to say the only thing that offends me ITT is the general lack of hilarity offered by this cycle's dingees. Racism is bad, but unfunny racism (or Sexism, Ageism, homophobia etc.) is just inexcusable. Poor effort team, we can do better.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:41 am

Davidbentley wrote:As an AA male, I have to say the only thing that offends me ITT is the general lack of hilarity offered by this cycle's dingees. Racism is bad, but unfunny racism (or Sexism, Ageism, homophobia etc.) is just inexcusable. Poor effort team, we can do better.
This. At least make it amusing. TYIA.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:46 am

HapaForever wrote: I'm assuming it doesn't matter to you because you're not a minority. But why do I have to leave when people can stop making racist, ageist, sexist and homophobic comments? I should be able to enjoy the law school shaming without feeling uncomfortable.

If someone says "fuck off UVA" and students at UVA get upset, they should understand that this is the purpose of the ding bar. But you don't have to be insensitive to minorities to get the point across.

I would love to leave the ugliness behind and continue ripping law schools.
I think the point is that he wasn't being intentionally racist, he was merely commenting on the truth that URM's get a boost and he doesn't.

It wasn't funny. But it really shouldn't be taken as that offensive either.

shroeder

Bronze

Post by shroeder » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:47 am

Dear GW,

Never mind I'll find someone like you!!!

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:49 am

shroeder wrote:Dear GW,

Never mind I'll find someone like you!!!
racist

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”