THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Shooter

Bronze

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by Shooter » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:03 pm

almostfamous wrote:Dear UVA,
"I hope you excuse the informality of this communication, but I thought you might appreciate speed over formality."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoRBw0P5Xhw

-almostfamous

p.s. the girl who gave me a tour of your school looked like rod blagojevich
Shake it off, Megan! Shake it off!

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:31 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:That's why I was joking, to help relax frustrations and allow venting. You misunderstand, it was meant in a good context.
OK, my bad. I thought you were rolling your eyes at the other poster for dogging on UVa. But that's the whole point of the thread. Anyway, sorry for the misunderstanding.

TOMaHULK

Silver

Post by TOMaHULK » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:44 pm

JazzOne wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:That's why I was joking, to help relax frustrations and allow venting. You misunderstand, it was meant in a good context.
OK, my bad. I thought you were rolling your eyes at the other poster for dogging on UVa. But that's the whole point of the thread. Anyway, sorry for the misunderstanding.
Should have been a sad face. Meh...we hug now. :shock:

J. Cheever Loophole

New

Post by J. Cheever Loophole » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:09 pm

Dear UVA,

First of all, if you've heard this story before, don't stop me, because I'd like to hear it again.

From the moment I picked your yearbook up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it.

Furthermore, I am sure that UVA Law School is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?

Not yours,

ht2988

Bronze

Post by ht2988 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:13 pm

ljlij;o
Last edited by ht2988 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:14 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

adorable. break up and make up on TLS

fragged

Bronze

Post by fragged » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:57 pm

Dear UCLA,

I'm sorry for the confusion, but I meant to apply to your medical school, not your law school.

I often get the letters LS and MC confused...my bad.

Anyway, please forward my application to the medical school. I'm sure there is some formula you can use to plug my LSAT score in and translate it to a theoretical MCAT score. You guys are innovative and progressive, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Oh, and please forward my application fee to the medical school as well. Thanks, that'd be great.

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:58 pm

fragged wrote:Dear UCLA,

I'm sorry for the confusion, but I meant to apply to your medical school, not your law school.

I often get the letters LS and MC confused...my bad.

Anyway, please forward my application to the medical school. I'm sure there is some formula you can use to plug my LSAT score in and translate it to a theoretical MCAT score. You guys are innovative and progressive, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Oh, and please forward my application fee to the medical school as well. Thanks, that'd be great.

....shit, UCLA is sending out rejections now? sorry :(

brose

Silver

Post by brose » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:03 pm

This thread is AWESOME.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:15 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

You are just all about the awkward emoticons, huh

YankeesFan

Silver

Post by YankeesFan » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:32 pm

Dear UVa,

You must have dinged me after you realized that my LOR's did not mention my penchant for wearing popped collars to class. You are right, I would not have fit in. You are so wise UVa, so wise.

LilMonsterAnnie

Bronze

Post by LilMonsterAnnie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:48 pm

FunkyJD wrote:If you're new to this thread, please do yourself a favor and read some of the classics. Some primetime material to be found here.
completely agree with this statement. I hate to think of being rejected...but will proudly contribute.
:twisted:

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:13 pm

Dear Penn,

I only wanted to go to your school because of the Phillies.

nuff said.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:50 am

dreakol wrote:Dear Penn,

I only wanted to go to your school because of the Phillies.

nuff said.
I have no clue why this makes me laugh, but it does.

I think it's because I know too many Phillies fans, and they definitely are the kind of people who would try and kill themselves for a 172, if it meant staying close to their team as opposed to going elsewhere. Unbelievable. Well-done.

SemperLegal

Silver

Post by SemperLegal » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:13 am

Dear Duke:

I know what you are doing when you only accept ED's and those with a 171+ and 3.8+, all well-above your previous medians. Let me be the first to tell you that it won't work. Your LP, LSAT, and GPA may go up, but your USN&WR ranking won't. Stop thinking the rise in applications has to do with your awesomeness, its just that outside your ivory tower of academia things are getting pretty rough and the geniuses who normally would be making millions on Wall Street are seeking refuge.

I hope your plan backfires and all your admits go to higher-ranked schools or decide to start a business, and no one attends Duke Law next year. At least if that happens your teacher-student ratio will go through the roof!

-Me

edit: Some Spelling misttakkes

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:18 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:Dear UVA,

I didn't want to go to your school anyway. I only applied there in hopes of gaining leverage that I could use to negotiate with other schools. I would never go to school in a state that was on the losing side of the American Civil War. Go to hell, traitors.
I'm not quite sure what "American Civil War" you are referring to. Do you mean the war of northern aggression*?

*Please note, the above comment is not meant to represent the views of the author, but rather to parody some residents of Virginia.
It's the War of Northern Aggression. With capitals. To emphasize said Aggression. C'mon, get it right. ;-)

(Georgia born and bred)

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:27 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:I'm not quite sure what "American Civil War" you are referring to. Do you mean the war of northern aggression*?

*Please note, the above comment is not meant to represent the views of the author, but rather to parody some residents of Virginia.
It's the War of Northern Aggression. With capitals. To emphasize said Aggression. C'mon, get it right. ;-)

(Georgia born and bred)
Sorry, I was born and bred in "Fake Virginia." So I know this only from my occasional visits to "Real Virginia."

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DieAntwoord

Bronze

Post by DieAntwoord » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:53 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:I'm not quite sure what "American Civil War" you are referring to. Do you mean the war of northern aggression*?

(Georgia born and bred)
Sorry, I was born and bred in "Fake Virginia." So I know this only from my occasional visits to "Real Virginia."
Wait....... I just googled Civil War,.......................... I'm FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Texas just kidding texas isnt bad at all, i never even heard of the War of Northern Aggression

luckyme

Bronze

Post by luckyme » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:17 am

SemperLegal wrote:Dear Duke:

I know what you are doing when you only accept ED's and those with a 171+ and 3.8+, all well-above your previous medians. Let me be the first to tell you that it won't work. Your LP, LSAT, and GPA may go up, but your USN&WR ranking won't. Stop thinking the rise in applications has to do with your awesomeness, its just that outside your ivory tower of academia things are getting pretty rough and the geniuses who normally would be making millions on Wall Street are seeking refuge.

I hope your plan backfires and all your admits go to higher-ranked schools or decide to start a business, and no one attends Duke Law next year. At least if that happens your teacher-student ratio will go through the roof!

-Me

lol

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:21 am

This thread is win.

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:13 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:Sorry, I was born and bred in "Fake Virginia." So I know this only from my occasional visits to "Real Virginia."
Hey, I'm a Fake Virginian too. That's awesome.

True story: Went on a field trip to Richmond once. Not sure which fetishized Southern heritage museum it was, but we visited one of them. The docent there, a gentle white lady of about 120 years, asked the group, "Which of y'all are from Virginia?" I raised my hand, and she asked me where I was from. I told her Northern Virginia.

She squinted her eyes at me, and said, "Alright, I'm going to ask the question again. Which of y'all are from Virginia?"

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:24 pm

luckyme wrote:

-Me

lol
See my roasting of Duke last cycle, ca. page 10 or 11. Those are my feelings on that august body.

djjf39

Bronze

Post by djjf39 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:24 pm

FunkyJD wrote:
luckyme wrote:

-Me

lol
See my roasting of Duke last cycle, ca. page 10 or 11. Those are my feelings on that august body.
I looked it up and it is priceless, p. 10 for anyone else interested. Excellent Ding Bar entry Funky

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:48 pm

Dear HofSTTTTRA :
You havent given me a decision yet, or even acknowledged my application. However, I do not wish to go to a school on long island. IN fact, Long Island gives New York a bad name. Your school is full of garfield colored people, with blowouts, who think they are more italian than they are. The only person to successfully rock a blowout was Albert Einstein. That was many years ago, and he was a true genius. What have you done compared to his genius? Brought back fist pumping, fakebaking, upping the levels of douchieness to a height never previously thought possible? You think you are better than everyone else, and you have no reasons to do so. In fact, you are so redicolous, the std infested show Jersey Shore has a cast full of long islanders, and yet MTV had the senses to call it Jersey Shore, not LI sound. If it were possible to one shot ronnie you back into reality and out of la la land, that would be great. However, with all of the collective hair gel the barrier that common sense, or any knowledge what-so-ever has to go though is simply too great.

Sincerely:
N wood

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:16 pm

northwood wrote:Dear HofSTTTTRA :

(Plethora of guido bashing)

Sincerely:
N wood

Love this. I have to admit, I love watching Jersey Shore because of how completely ridiculous it is. Plus, it's good for drinking games. And JWoww's outfits.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”