THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
czelede

Silver

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by czelede » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:28 pm

msridiculous447 wrote:
NorCalBruin wrote: Sure you might have a decent law school (the best inbred professors in the nation!), but you're just another no-name, done-nothing, what's-it-called-again joke to everyone else. In fact, when I told my parents that I applied to UVA they said, "That's great, but aren't you going to apply to some good schools too?"
:D
Haha! When I told my parents I was applying to UVa (fee waiver), my mom was like, "...but I thought you did well on the LSAT?"

kublaikahn

Silver

Post by kublaikahn » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:46 pm

NorCalBruin wrote:Dear UVA,

Sincerely,

NorCal

P.S. Don't worry. When Cooley adds "Number of Tools and Douchebags as a % of Student Body" to their rankings next year, you and Duke will be back on top!

You are the Winston Churchill of our time! 10 outta 10. :lol:

kublaikahn

Silver

Post by kublaikahn » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:50 pm

czelede wrote:
msridiculous447 wrote:
NorCalBruin wrote: Sure you might have a decent law school (the best inbred professors in the nation!), but you're just another no-name, done-nothing, what's-it-called-again joke to everyone else. In fact, when I told my parents that I applied to UVA they said, "That's great, but aren't you going to apply to some good schools too?"
Haha! When I told my parents I was applying to UVa (fee waiver), my mom was like, "...but I thought you did well on the LSAT?"
I told my mom UVa was Top 10, She said, "In what?"

keep em coming, these are really changing the trajectory of my day.

chritabug

New

Post by chritabug » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:05 pm

kublaikahn wrote:
czelede wrote:
msridiculous447 wrote:
When I told my parents I applied to UVA, my mother said "If you're going to go there, you might as well go to Campbell. At least then you could live at home and save money."

msridiculous447

Bronze

Post by msridiculous447 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:09 pm

kublaikahn wrote:
czelede wrote:
msridiculous447 wrote:

keep em coming, these are really changing the trajectory of my day.
Number of tools and douchebags, DUH!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lolschool2011

Bronze

Post by lolschool2011 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:23 pm

Dear Georgetown Adcoms,

I'm onto you, but to your (perhaps only) credit, you really haven't tried that hard to disguise the following fact....

This fact is that you're a business center, and you're operating under the guise of law school, created to support the hundreds of 200k+/yr Ivy Prof salaries, along with the trustees who had the good sense to develop the Georgetown brand in this nation's capital and sell it for 50k a year the droves of naive who are still seduced by the failing pretenses of your institution.

Here's an analogy for you: Your victims/students function like the tax payer in the sub prime collapse, with you being the major banks that are too big to fail, and the shady brokers being your professors. Your ranking is the advertising designed to keep this entire racket afloat.

If we can be honest for a moment, I think we'd all agree that a more apropos motto for your school isn't "Law is but the means — Justice is the end," but instead, "Law is but the means — profit is the end." And if we continued being honest, I suspect even Cooley is making fun of you with their own sarcastic ranking system.

I think I made the error of adressing systemic risk and more effective regulation in my personal statement, which was a clear threat to the very model your business (sorry, "law center") relies on, so I'm ultimately not surprised by your not accepting me into your Ponzi scheme. I'm sure glad you didn't, but just so we're clear, even if you had, I would not have enrolled in your business. No sir.

Had I been accepted, here's how the conversation with a friend would have went...

Lol: "What up bud... yeah I'm just going to keep working and complete a part time evening JD in the city w/some scholarship... I was accepted to Georgetown, but who the fuck wants to take on 180k of debt to make 40k afterwards in DC... thanks, but no thanks, lol."

How the conversation will go now...

Friend: "Hey lolschool, who gives a shit about them, that's awesome you're staying in town.... lets go to Vegas for March madness since you have (and will continue to have) so much extra money from keeping your professional day job. BTW, you know I forgot to mention this when you were applying to curious georgetown, but I googled them and there are 5,389,023,985 hits about how much of a TTTT diploma mill they are... what does that even mean dude?"

Lolschool: "Haha, who knows, and who cares... I'm glad I won't ever have to find out."

Good luck next quarter Gtown, hope your profits remain strong.

Cheers,

LOL

paisaaa

Bronze

Post by paisaaa » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:19 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:Dear Georgetown Adcoms,

Cheers,

LOL
DYING. +100000, LOL. GTTTown doesn't deserve you.

JTMan

Bronze

Post by JTMan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:33 pm

Dear Georgetown,

I like to think of myself as a lady. I don't swear. If I am going to be anything I am going to be polite....

BUT FUCK YOU. You strung me along like a starstruck teenager AGAIN for PREFERRED WAITLIST?

FUCK YOU. FUCK YOUR MOTHER.

Sincerely,

JT

legal_eagle

Bronze

Post by legal_eagle » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Dear Buffalo,

What makes you think that your so special? No seriously, It seems that in the last few years it seems that your entire admissions staff began to have delusions of grandeur about your relevance. You are not special in any way, shape or form. You seem to think that a large number of applications correlates to the quality of your school. I hate to break it to you but the only reasons that you get so many applications is because you are the instate tuition school. This equates to being the dollar menu of WNY. The fact that your cheap doesn't mean you have any other redeeming qualities. We all know that you don't. The law school looks like the the 1980's vomited on an abandoned building. I was surprised that the building even had wifi. Enjoy your downward spiral in the rankings until you become the ancient TTTT shithole everyone knows you are.

Sincerely,

Legal_Eagle

*P.S. When i visited the school i was going to wear a Buffalo Bills jersey but I decided against it because we all know the Bills track record in Buffalo.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:23 pm

legal_eagle wrote:You seem to think that a large number of applications correlates to the quality of your school.
Ha, I work for Georgetown's Office of Advancement doing alumni fundraising calls, and our law school pitch includes that we got over 12k applications, the most of any law school and the most in Georgetown's history. Too many callers add on a "this means we are attracting the best and the brightest".

No, no, no! Having a lot of applications does not mean you are attracting the best and the brightest. It just means that the world and its aunt is applying because you're a diploma mill!
Though I'm pretty sure Georgetown includes the number of applicants to make it seem like they are the most desirable law school to attend.

(What? Still bitter I was waitlisted at Georgetown Law, me? Nah. Michigan's wayyyyy better.)

legal_eagle

Bronze

Post by legal_eagle » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:26 pm

applepiecrust wrote:
legal_eagle wrote:You seem to think that a large number of applications correlates to the quality of your school.
Ha, I work for Georgetown's Office of Advancement doing alumni fundraising calls,
(What? Still bitter I was waitlisted at Georgetown Law, me? Nah. Michigan's wayyyyy better.)
Wait, you work in their fundraising department and they waitlisted you? Thats messed up. Good luck in Michigan.

SemperLegal

Silver

Post by SemperLegal » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:35 pm

Dear Cornell:

Fine, waitlist me. I wrote my "Why?" essay about your most famous alumni, who also happens to be the worst paper salesman in Scranton, PA. Ithaca is freezing, your name makes you sound like you should be based in Iowa, and literally no one outside your PR department knows that you are part of the Ivy League.

I wish I could go back in time and stop myself seconds before I applied to your law school, but I would probably get eaten by a dinosaur.

Insincerely,
Semper

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:36 pm

legal_eagle wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:
Ha, I work for Georgetown's Office of Advancement doing alumni fundraising calls,
Wait, you work in their fundraising department and they waitlisted you? Thats messed up. Good luck in Michigan.
LOL, well I'm a current undergrad. And Georgetown's just an LSAT whore.
I just hope Georgetown Law didn't lose Georgetown undergrad a future donor. We'll wait and see how I bitter I feel (not that I actually wanted to go to Georgetown Law).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Lord_Roy

New

Post by Lord_Roy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:36 pm

SemperLegal wrote:

I wish I could go back in time and stop myself seconds before I applied to your law school, but I would probably get eaten by a dinosaur.
Dude, thats awesome!

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:40 pm

@Legaleagle I was pulling for you man? Did you get rejected or waitlisted? I'll be withdrawing from Buff soon.

charcop

New

Post by charcop » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:41 pm

SemperLegal wrote:Dear Cornell:

Fine, waitlist me. I wrote my "Why?" essay about your most famous alumni, who also happens to be the worst paper salesman in Scranton, PA. Ithaca is freezing, your name makes you sound like you should be based in Iowa, and literally no one outside your PR department knows that you are part of the Ivy League.

Insincerely,
Semper

Wait, they are?!

:lol:

legal_eagle

Bronze

Post by legal_eagle » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:47 pm

kkklick wrote:@Legaleagle I was pulling for you man? Did you get rejected or waitlisted? I'll be withdrawing from Buff soon.
I got outright rejected. Looking back on it, its not so bad. When anyone asked why buffalo of all places i couldn't come up with a single reason except for the price. When I visited the law school, I was completely underwhelmed.(which might even be a major understatement) The facilities weren't even second to last. The entire area looked depressed and run down. All in all the rejection from buffalo was really a blessing in disguise which in and of it self is really what the ding bar is all about.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

awbrown

New

Post by awbrown » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:57 pm

Dear Yale,

Did you really just send me an email telling me you want me to apply after already rejecting me? That is just poor form.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:51 pm

legal_eagle wrote:
kkklick wrote:@Legaleagle I was pulling for you man? Did you get rejected or waitlisted? I'll be withdrawing from Buff soon.
I got outright rejected. Looking back on it, its not so bad. When anyone asked why buffalo of all places i couldn't come up with a single reason except for the price. When I visited the law school, I was completely underwhelmed.(which might even be a major understatement) The facilities weren't even second to last. The entire area looked depressed and run down. All in all the rejection from buffalo was really a blessing in disguise which in and of it self is really what the ding bar is all about.
I've been to Buffalo I know what you mean. Hope the rest of your cycle goes well.

arvcondor

Bronze

Post by arvcondor » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Rikkugrrl wrote:Hello, UGA. I want to play a game.

For years you've kept your prestigious position as a highly ranked law school. Fueled by the desire to get back into the top 30, you make your admissions decisions based on GPA and LSAT alone, without any consideration for the most important factor of all: the will to live. How many LSAT points is the survival instinct worth? You're about to find out.

In sixty seconds, all of your most promising students will act on their own survival instinct in this economy. They will simultaneously realize that you are a sinking ship, crushed under the weight of better ranked schools in an abysmal legal market. They will transfer out, leaving you with the B- grade grubbers who spend their weekends cow tipping and only know where the library is due to its proximity to a nuddy bar. You'll fall so far in the rankings they'll have to invent a new Tier for you. The only way you can stop this is to take Rikkugrrl off the waitlist.

Tier 1 or Tier 5, UGA. Make your choice.

(Hee. Saw.)
This is fantastic.

ak13

New

Post by ak13 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:24 pm

kkklick wrote:Hey U Illinois, how many of your alum had to bang the editors for US News and World report to rank you 21st? Don't worry I'm not mad, even if I got in you wouldn't have given me any money and a 40,000/year price tag to boot...

All in all Uchicago wipes the floor with you in every way possible.

I appreciate the e-mail about 5 days after I went UR. The fact that you didn't even bother to read my app after seeing that my stats were slightly below your medians shows what a half-assed school you are.

Fuck ya :)
holy shit, i heard the same in about the same amount of time; they didn't even look at the app, did they?! assholes...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:49 pm

ak13 wrote:holy shit, i heard the same in about the same amount of time; they didn't even look at the app, did they?! assholes...
It's very likely they didn't, I'm sure they want to raise their medians. Forget EC's, I'm involved in some major initiatives. Just goes to show that the U.S. is all about numbers.

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:55 pm

kkklick wrote:
ak13 wrote:holy shit, i heard the same in about the same amount of time; they didn't even look at the app, did they?! assholes...
It's very likely they didn't, I'm sure they want to raise their medians. Forget EC's, I'm involved in some major initiatives. Just goes to show that the U.S. is all about numbers.
Heh! don't make it about the US. Pretty sure almost all other education systems are ENTIRELY about numbers, and unabashedly so. Try India. Or France. Or China. Heck, even the UK to a great extent.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:00 am

^^Not Canada, last cycle a 3.5/173 was rejected the same week as a 3.3/160 was accepted (not an atypical case, there were quite a few instances like this, this particular instance was probably the largest discrepancy though). There's 2 rounds, the first round is based on numbers, the second round takes into account the entire application. I know it sounds hard to believe and I myself wouldn't have believed it if I had not already seen it. My cycle in the US has played out as one can expect based on numbers with no rare occurences.

ak13

New

Post by ak13 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:09 am

applepiecrust wrote:
kkklick wrote:
Heh! don't make it about the US. Pretty sure almost all other education systems are ENTIRELY about numbers, and unabashedly so. Try India. Or France. Or China. Heck, even the UK to a great extent.

i spoke with an admissions rep from NYU at the chicago forum a while back; she said "oh, we get so many applicants with 179s and 4.0s that we aren't concerned with numbers, you should apply!" i wanted to throw the bullshit flag in her face.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”