THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SanBun

Silver

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by SanBun » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:54 am

fonzerelli wrote:In this thread we retaliate by protesting what made XXX school somewhat suspect to begin with, and we're glad our decision was made that much easier by taking that ridiculous option off the table.

In fact, we didn't really care enough to try that hard. If we had sent version 4B from our personal statement library we definitely would have gotten in but who cares, I don't even care.

I'll start: Berkeley. Ding date: 01/14/10

Umm, I don't want to listen to global warming propaganda for three years anyway. I eat red meat. Back off peta, your toyota prius is burning dead animals too. Earthquakes. Too liberal. Volatile economy. Hippies. Whatever.

OP if you don't mind, what are your numbers and when did you go complete at berkeley?

fonzerelli

Bronze

Post by fonzerelli » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:01 am

SanBun wrote:
fonzerelli wrote:In this thread we retaliate by protesting what made XXX school somewhat suspect to begin with, and we're glad our decision was made that much easier by taking that ridiculous option off the table.

In fact, we didn't really care enough to try that hard. If we had sent version 4B from our personal statement library we definitely would have gotten in but who cares, I don't even care.

I'll start: Berkeley. Ding date: 01/14/10

Umm, I don't want to listen to global warming propaganda for three years anyway. I eat red meat. Back off peta, your toyota prius is burning dead animals too. Earthquakes. Too liberal. Volatile economy. Hippies. Whatever.

OP if you don't mind, what are your numbers and when did you go complete at berkeley?
Median lsat - low gpa. Ok, very low gpa relative to their figures. Extremely sharp upward trend junior/senior year of UG when I got serious. A ton of very relevant work experience. App went into review right before x-mas. Dinged today. Holistic, my ass. I thought my work experience would make up for low gpa. It didn't.

fonzerelli

Bronze

Post by fonzerelli » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:06 am

fonzerelli wrote:Hey Berkeley, here's an organic, renewable source of energy: --LinkRemoved--
Fartboardbump

LSAT! Nooooooooo!

New

Post by LSAT! Nooooooooo! » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:26 am

ArtVandelay wrote:Lightning round:

Penn: I didn't want to have to sleep with a gun for three years anyway
Mich: If I wanted to live in a failed state I'd move to Mexico and save myself $120k
UVA: Jokes on you dude, now I have more time to work on my biceps and keg stands
Gtown: A law school inside the Beltway? That sounds like the perfect recipe for ethical integrity

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Jokes on you dude"

fonzerelli

Bronze

Post by fonzerelli » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:33 am

LSAT! Nooooooooo! wrote:

Mich: If I wanted to live in a failed state I'd move to Mexico and save myself $120k
UVA: Jokes on you dude, now I have more time to work on my biceps and keg stands
Gtown: A law school inside the Beltway? That sounds like the perfect recipe for ethical integrity

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Jokes on you dude"
I'm not a study on this, but there seems to be reasonable evidence to conclude that if Jersey Shore's Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino were to apply to law school, UVA would be in his top three.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:35 am

fonzerelli wrote:
LSAT! Nooooooooo! wrote:

"Jokes on you dude"
I'm not a study on this, but there seems to be reasonable evidence to conclude that if Jersey Shore's Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino were to apply to law school, UVA would be in his top three.
YESSS hahahahahahahahahaa made my day!!!!!!!

LSAT! Nooooooooo!

New

Post by LSAT! Nooooooooo! » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:50 am

SanBun wrote:
fonzerelli wrote:
LSAT! Nooooooooo! wrote:

"Jokes on you dude"
Best thread ever.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:56 am

I didn't want to be a doctor anyway. Fuck you med school.

Dignan

Silver

Post by Dignan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:57 am

LSAT! Nooooooooo! wrote: Best thread ever.
+1. I'm almost hoping that I get rejected by UVA tomorrow just so that I can play too.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fonzerelli

Bronze

Post by fonzerelli » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:13 am

Dignan wrote:
LSAT! Nooooooooo! wrote: Best thread ever.
+1. I'm almost hoping that I get rejected by UVA tomorrow just so that I can play too.
After much thought, preemtive retaliation is permissible through the first amendment of The Ding Bar Bill of rights.

Consider any previously implied, actual or potential prohibition lifted. Feel free to bash due to even the slightest TLS, LSN, ADD, FOX, or any other three letter sourced feelings of impending dings and doom.

We will hereby allow retractions of all said bashing in the case you or anyone else is accepted to a previously bashed institution.

What is, after all, freedom of speech without the freedom of retracted speech? Half-assed freedom, I'd say. Now, I can't speak for anyone else, but I want the full ass of freedom when it comes to the law school application process.
Last edited by fonzerelli on Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

TUhustler

New

Post by TUhustler » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:00 am

Fordham: via status checker

They're not even the second best school in their city.

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:52 am

Desert Fox wrote:Cornell, they are the worst T13.
RANCID Anti-GeorgeTTTown trolling.

Also...

Dear Cornell,

I'd rather be in Haiti than Ithaca.

hth,

km

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:54 am

kittenmittons wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Cornell, they are the worst T13.
RANCID Anti-GeorgeTTTown trolling.

Also...

Dear Cornell,

I'd rather be in Haiti than Ithaca.

hth,

km
GeorgeTTTown Factory at Law is the most prestigious diploma mill in the greater DC area.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

amichig

New

Post by amichig » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:56 am

robin600 wrote:UofM today, def. not shocked by it because numbers are low, but as a Spartan grad I'm happy not to go to a school where some of the students think that anybody who goes to "the other michigan" is a total dumbass. Thanks UofM, but I was accepted there for UG, but didn't choose you, and I don't have the pleasure to choose you again. Oh well we kicked your ass in football this year, that's good enough for me!

You msu kids always sound so bitter when attempting to claim that you really truly don't care/notice that uofm is a much better school than msu. Clearly, I graduated from um....my brother went to msu. I'm a much better person than him, no doubt. At least your girls are better looking?

umichgrad

Bronze

Post by umichgrad » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:00 am

OP is now officially my favorite TLS-er.

NYU- Their rejection letter was cold and condescending. Plus I don't have skinny enough jeans and thick enough horn-rimmed glasses to go there.

Penn- I'd have to take out extra loans just to cover mace & baseball bats.

sotomayor

New

Post by sotomayor » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:13 am

oh man cathartic for sure. ive been completely shut out of the t14 so far but ill attribute it to my sewer-worthy gpa.

here we go:

berkeley: good work on commercializing the town, didnt have that late '60s appeal i thought it wood, hippie light, had lunch at a nearby restaurant on visit-->violently vomited on the plane ride home

uva: i went to w&m undergrad, in my graduation speech tom brokaw said he was glad he could use multi-syllable words in williamsburg whereas in charlottesville he would have to speak as if he were talking to the puppets on sesame street

nyu: i'm a guy and i like girls, the village is pretty overrated, i know cause ive been there more times than i'd like to remember

penn: have you been to philly lately? it's not always sunny in philadelphia

this is like player haters ball from the chappelle show. this is sick.

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:18 am

BU last week.

the red saaax suck! go yankees

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LSAT! Nooooooooo!

New

Post by LSAT! Nooooooooo! » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:22 am

Hofstra 1/15

I didn't wanna have to compete with the homeless for study space, nor did I want to attend a place that resembled "LAMP" from that Jaimie Foxx movie the soloist.

Good luck playing my future law alma mater Kentucky in basketball...

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Post by TheBigMediocre » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:32 am

UVA, yesterday, via e-mail.

I thought I'd at least get a waitlist.

I didn't want to add anymore polo/j.crew/vineyard vines to my wardrobe anyway.

monkeygirl

New

Post by monkeygirl » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:50 am

Penn-dinged 1/12/10

If I wanted to live in the ghetto, I could just stay home. No desire to relocate for that.

....and why would I want to give a school $45,000/year when they are so cheap that they won't even offer a rejection email, they leave it to me to go to the status checker?

On second thought, maybe they are just passive/aggressive-that's SO much better. :roll:

Penn=FAIL

This thread=EPIC FREAKING WIN

crombot

Bronze

Post by crombot » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:53 am

Cornell – because wearing my black & orange alma mater gear would get me dirty looks.
Michigan – because I don’t give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, I’m from O-H, I-OOOO!
Penn – because you dinged me via status checker right before Christmas. Low-brow!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:56 am

Notre Dame 11/2/09

App complete 10/15. Did they even read it? Can leprechauns actually read?

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:58 am

Haven't gotten any rejections yet, but I have a feeling that I may since I applied so late. This thread kicks a lot of ass. Maybe I'll apply to HYSCCN just so I can come in here and rip em.

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Georgetown- because you're not only a degree mill desperately holding on to the last vestiges of prestige, but you also fake your way through rankings by making PT a back door into FT.

JordynAsh

Bronze

Post by JordynAsh » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:06 pm

UVA, via email.

There are enough frat boy ass hats here in Texas.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”