THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
francisConn

Bronze

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by francisConn » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:29 pm

edgarfigaro wrote:Northwestern,

Thank you...your ding is a tremendous relief. I no longer have to contemplate -20 windchill for 6 straight months, nor do I have to live in an area that uses the word 'pop' instead of soda. Plus there's the relief at not going to school in a state that's bankrupt, and the knowledge that I won't be paying the highest tuition in the land. I can't believe I was considering going to a city that decided, "You know, pizza is pretty unhealthy, but we can do better...let's load it up with 4 times the cheese and as much sausage and pepperoni as possible in order to destroy our life expectancy even further."

To sum up...go DIAF

-ed

PS: thanks for helping me clear my twitter feed
PPS: 'pop'...really? Just hearing that drives me nuts
+1 on pop v. soda.

androstan

Gold

Post by androstan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:36 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:Finally I get to do one!

Not a ding, but a WL.

Minnesota... Really sugar? You want me to wait? I ran across your info and you seemed pretty nice. You live in a sweet city (never been, but so I've heard). You were a cheap date, also. As somebody with over 6000 hours of unpaid domestic and foreign public service and a GPA/LSAT above both your 75ths, you said I wasn't like most of your callers. You only charged me $12 and I finished with you in fifteen minutes. In retrospect even that wasn't worth it. An hour in Amsterdam's Red Light District costs 50 bucks with the added bonus of not having to pull out, which is what I'm about to do here. So what seemed like a "value" in your case, in the end, really wasn't. No hard feelings though, as finishing in you would've been the worst decision I could have made.

P.S. Come visit me in the Bay Area sometime... or maybe in Philly or Ann Arbor... decisions decisions.

P.P.S. Who the f*ck cares about Walter Mondale? He wasn't leftist enough anyway,
You Prostitute.
Beautiful.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:41 pm

Dear Minnesota,

I can't remember why I applied to you. Sometimes I forget you're even a school. I wish I would've spent that $12 on a sandwich instead. Like a really nice steak sandwich at the corner deli. With french fries. And sweet tea. Man, now I'm actually hungry. ...What was I saying again? Oh yeah, Minnesota. Your school, your city, and your state all get a resounding "meh." Also, winter sucks, and I hear you have a lot of it.

Apathetically yours,

Beachbum

Pink

Bronze

Post by Pink » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:44 pm

beachbum wrote:Dear Minnesota,

I can't remember why I applied to you. Sometimes I forget you're even a school. I wish I would've spent that $12 on a sandwich instead. Like a really nice steak sandwich at the corner deli. With french fries. And sweet tea. Man, now I'm actually hungry. ...What was I saying again? Oh yeah, Minnesota. Your school, your city, and your state all get a resounding "meh." Also, winter sucks, and I hear you have a lot of it.

Apathetically yours,

Beachbum
Beautiful. Although, now I also want a steak sandwich...and fries...and a beer....oh wait. Carry on! :)

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:47 pm

Pink wrote:
beachbum wrote:Dear Minnesota,

Apathetically yours,

Beachbum
Beautiful. Although, now I also want a steak sandwich...and fries...and a beer....oh wait. Carry on! :)
Not to talk about MN more, but you can get the most delicious steak sandwich ever at Crave in the MoA. Uber med-rare, with gorgonzola and sun dried tomatoes.......

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lvsmithmarsh

Bronze

Post by lvsmithmarsh » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:48 pm

evandm wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
Gotti wrote:
lvsmithmarsh wrote:Dear GULC,

Your acronym sounds like something Gollem would hack out during a bad day in Middle Earth.

Kisses!
:lol: :lol:
I really liked that one :)
This is a winner
Aw, thnx... takes away the sting a little.

lvsmithmarsh

Bronze

Post by lvsmithmarsh » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Dear GW,

We must have been vibing negative feelings off each other, right? Like, you totally got how I've recently been feeling down about your snotty 'tude, your inferiority complex, and the relative conservatism of your pseudo-upper-crusty, rich-kid school. I get that.

You musta known I couldn't afford to pay sticker for your crazy ass, and you sure as hell weren't going to offer me dollars to hang out with you, so today you did me the honor of rejecting me outright. No waitlist for me... no, you save that kind of teasing for losers you don't respect.

You have no need for my completely at-your-median numbers, and I have no need for your debt, bullhooey, and corporate shit-show.

Let's call it even, GW, since we seem to read each other so well.

Oh, I give up. Eff you.

lucylove

New

Post by lucylove » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:12 pm

Dear Cornell,

Thank you for not forcing me to attend your school because you are a supposed "ivy league." I mean Ithaca, really?? I'm from Southern California and don't do weather thats under 60 degrees. But if I were to make a sacrifice to be in the cold, I would at least want to be someplace cool, like NYC... not some wannabe town like Ithaca.

Also, I hope you're proud of being the school with the highest suicide rate...

Sincerely,

Lucylove

zonto

Bronze

Post by zonto » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Honest question:

Why do so many ding responses seem to focus on the location/weather and attitude of a particular school? If you really felt as strongly as you're writing here, why did you apply in the first place? If you don't respect a school and hate where it's located, would you really have wanted to go there if you weren't "dinged"?

Are you temporarily disappointed and emotional, or are you seriously that obsessed with a "ranking" that you would consider moving somewhere your subconscious deems the depths of hell?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:30 pm

lucylove wrote:Dear Cornell,

Thank you for not forcing me to attend your school because you are a supposed "ivy league." I mean Ithaca, really?? I'm from Southern California and don't do weather thats under 60 degrees. But if I were to make a sacrifice to be in the cold, I would at least want to be someplace cool, like NYC... not some wannabe town like Ithaca.

Also, I hope you're proud of being the school with the highest suicide rate...

Sincerely,

Lucylove
Hmm, thought that was UChi? Either way, I can see why.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:31 pm

zonto wrote:Honest question:

Why do so many ding responses seem to focus on the location/weather and attitude of a particular school? If you really felt as strongly as you're writing here, why did you apply in the first place? If you don't respect a school and hate where it's located, would you really have wanted to go there if you weren't "dinged"?

Are you temporarily disappointed and emotional, or are you seriously that obsessed with a "ranking" that you would consider moving somewhere your subconscious deems the depths of hell?
these posts are supposed to be funny and hate on the school that rejected you, even if you really don't feel that way. just play along.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:31 pm

zonto: Its the ding bar. You respond to getting rejected/ waitlisted. the point is to try to be as funny as possible, to hide your disappointment.

lucylove

New

Post by lucylove » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:32 pm

Dude, this thread is just for fun, like venting and getting out frustrations. Obviously no one would apply to a school that they aren't interested in going to. For me, I would be thrilled to go to any school I applied to...

so don't be hating, I think everyone on this thread just needs to vent!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:33 pm

I would guess it's because they DID like the school and what they had to offer and are trying to find a way to comfort themselves. It's sort of like finding the silver lining - Cornell would have been great, you would have been happy to go there, crap rejection sucks m&ms now please... oh, but I won't have frozen boogers for 9 weeks straight, ok, that's something.

Me, I was rejected from a school in Boston and a school in DC so far. Can't come up with much to hate on about those two places :(

zonto

Bronze

Post by zonto » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:34 pm

No hating here, just asking. I just stumbled upon the thread last night and found some responses genuinely funny and others confusing. Thanks for clearing things up! Vent/rant away!

(By the way, I applied about two weeks ago so I don't have any dings yet, but if/when I do I'll be sure to post something.) :D

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:41 pm

zonto wrote:No hating here, just asking. I just stumbled upon the thread last night and found some responses genuinely funny and others confusing. Thanks for clearing things up! Vent/rant away!

(By the way, I applied about two weeks ago so I don't have any dings yet, but if/when I do I'll be sure to post something.) :D
Check the OP on this thread.

dcwumpus

Bronze

Post by dcwumpus » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:44 pm

snapdragon wrote:

I would guess it's because they DID like the school and what they had to offer and are trying to find a way to comfort themselves. It's sort of like finding the silver lining - Cornell would have been great, you would have been happy to go there, crap rejection sucks m&ms now please... oh, but I won't have frozen boogers for 9 weeks straight, ok, that's something.

Me, I was rejected from a school in Boston and a school in DC so far. Can't come up with much to hate on about those two places :(
I've got three years worth of shit on DC if you want it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LilMonsterAnnie

Bronze

Post by LilMonsterAnnie » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:39 am

I will bet you are the same person who has a 180 LSAT, 4.0 gpa and doesn't get out much

p.s. I really do hope you post

txag10

Bronze

Post by txag10 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:08 am

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:

I will bet you are the same person who has a 180 LSAT, 4.0 gpa and doesn't get out much

p.s. I really do hope you post
+1

emhellmer

Bronze

Post by emhellmer » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:14 am

It's like when you ask someone out that you are sort of interested in and they turn you down. You think, "eh, she/he wasn't all that anyway." When you ask someone out that you REALLY like and they turn you down, you think "I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to cry, screw you!!"

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:The whole point of this thread is to blow off a little steam, to experience a cathartic reversal of the roles played in a rejection by a law school, with the rejected applicant in turn rejecting the school by calling out its faults and flaws.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:

Bildungsroman wrote:The whole point of this thread is to blow off a little steam, to experience a cathartic reversal of the roles played in a rejection by a law school, with the rejected applicant in turn rejecting the school by calling out its faults and flaws.
Weird what can be discovered simply by reading the OP...

SrLaw

Silver

Post by SrLaw » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:49 pm

W&L,

Your scholarship offers this year are comical. I will attend a better school on a better scholarship.

Piss off and enjoy the rankings drop AND being located in Lexington, VA.

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:55 pm

I <3 the ding bar.

eaglemuncher

Bronze

Post by eaglemuncher » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:59 pm

DeeCee wrote:I <3 the ding bar.
Me too...when it's used properly!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?