THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JoeMo

Gold

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by JoeMo » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:42 pm

sach1282 wrote:Dear Yale:

It was still worth $100.
:cry:

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Awww, Penn!
Thanks girl, it's very sweet of you to invite me to your Wait List Party! Sadly, I think I'll be busy that weekend, attending a T6 Admit Party... or doing your better-looking twin sister, Michigan.

No hard feelings, hun! I wish I could say you've left me frustrated, but the truth is that Columbia and NYU satisfy me quite well in your absence. Enjoy the cold sheets on my side of the bed when I withdraw.

xoxo

PS: In the interest of staying friends after this breakup, I just wanted to apologize for never sending you a Why Penn valentine. See, friendlier and better schools had already offered me their hands in marriage, so I couldn't bother.

benburns214

Bronze

Post by benburns214 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:35 pm

hypothalamus wrote:Awww, Penn!
Thanks girl, it's very sweet of you to invite me to your Wait List Party! Sadly, I think I'll be busy that weekend, attending a T6 Admit Party... or doing your better-looking twin sister, Michigan.

No hard feelings, hun! I wish I could say you've left me frustrated, but the truth is that Columbia and NYU satisfy me quite well in your absence. Enjoy the cold sheets on my side of the bed when I withdraw.

xoxo

PS: In the interest of staying friends after this breakup, I just wanted to apologize for never sending you a Why Penn valentine. See, friendlier and better schools had already offered me their hands in marriage, so I couldn't bother.
It says in your profile that you are female... and you'll be doing Penn's twin "sister" Michigan? :D :wink:

Green Glass Windows

Silver

Post by Green Glass Windows » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:37 pm

Dear UPenn,

When I was a senior in high school, I went to a presentation about your undergrad. The representative freaked out about the distinction between "plethora" and "myriad."

I have a plethora/myriad of other choices.

Much love,

Green Glass

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:39 pm

benburns214 wrote:

xoxo

It says in your profile that you are female... and you'll be doing Penn's twin "sister" Michigan? :D :wink:
Pennsylvania is a female name, and it's more fun to break up with girls, because they cry. Is that a mild form of homophobia I sense there? ;)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam

Bronze

Post by SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:42 pm

benburns214 wrote: It says in your profile that you are female... and you'll be doing Penn's twin "sister" Michigan? :D :wink:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisexuality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexuality

In case you hadn't heard: these people walk among you.

TheFailboat

New

Post by TheFailboat » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:43 pm

Dear Brooklyn,

I know you're up to your ears in some legal messes, but how on earth can you waitlist me when you let me in more than a month ago with a $22,400 scholarship?

Confused,
TheFailboat

benburns214

Bronze

Post by benburns214 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:45 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
benburns214 wrote:

xoxo

Pennsylvania is a female name, and it's more fun to break up with girls, because they cry. Is that a mild form of homophobia I sense there? ;)
Haha ok well that makes sense.... and its the opposite of homophobia!!! I support it... and, frankly, wouldnt mind seeing it.

benburns214

Bronze

Post by benburns214 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:46 pm

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam wrote:
benburns214 wrote: It says in your profile that you are female... and you'll be doing Penn's twin "sister" Michigan? :D :wink:

I was clearly joking... calm yourself

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:48 pm

benburns214 wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
benburns214 wrote:

xoxo

Haha ok well that makes sense.... and its the opposite of homophobia!!! I support it... and, frankly, wouldnt mind seeing it.
I'm like an equal opportunity employer - I don't discriminate on the basis of sex :D

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam

Bronze

Post by SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:52 pm

benburns214 wrote:

I wasn't worked up, but like most people who are told to "calm themselves", I am now (a tad). I don't really care for the fetishizing of female homosexuality. I find it demeaning.

PopTorts13

Bronze

Post by PopTorts13 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:01 pm

benburns214 wrote:

I wasn't worked up, but like most people who are told to "calm themselves", I am now (a tad). I don't really care for the fetishizing of female homosexuality. I find it demeaning.
To calm the tension:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLAT9x0pjUc

ralph_pootawn

Bronze

Post by ralph_pootawn » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:07 pm

benburns214 wrote:

not sure if srs...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SmbdyBringMeSomeHam

Bronze

Post by SmbdyBringMeSomeHam » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:10 pm

ralph_pootawn wrote: not sure if srs...

woodscommaL

Bronze

Post by woodscommaL » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:19 pm

UCLA: You offering a fee waiver and then waitlisting me reminds me a lot of a girl I was friends with in high school. She led one of our friends on for months and encouraged him to ask her to prom, but when he finally did ask her in a creative and extravagant way her response was: Maybe. I'm going to wait and see who else asks me. UCLA, that girl was a bitch, and so are you.

UW Madison: Your waitlist offer didn't even faze me, I've been out of fucks to give for so long that they're on a 6 month backorder. Besides, I could never live in the same state as the Packers.

LWOP

New

Post by LWOP » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:23 pm

oxeatheman wrote:Dear UGA (WL)

Go Dawgs!
you, sir..... you!

PopTorts13

Bronze

Post by PopTorts13 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:26 pm

woodscommaL wrote:UCLA: You offering a fee waiver and then waitlisting me reminds me a lot of a girl I was friends with in high school. She led one of our friends on for months and encouraged him to ask her to prom, but when he finally did ask her in a creative and extravagant way her response was: Maybe. I'm going to wait and see who else asks me. UCLA, that girl was a bitch, and so are you.

UW Madison: Your waitlist offer didn't even faze me, I've been out of fucks to give for so long that they're on a 6 month backorder. Besides, I could never live in the same state as the Packers.
Packers>

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

charliep

Bronze

Post by charliep » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:28 pm

woodscommaL wrote:UCLA: You offering a fee waiver and then waitlisting me reminds me a lot of a girl I was friends with in high school. She led one of our friends on for months and encouraged him to ask her to prom, but when he finally did ask her in a creative and extravagant way her response was: Maybe. I'm going to wait and see who else asks me. UCLA, that girl was a bitch, and so are you.

your UCLA scenario just brought back a repressed memory

benburns214

Bronze

Post by benburns214 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:31 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:

Packers>
You are CORRECT sir!

RaiderBlue17

Bronze

Post by RaiderBlue17 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Dear CU Boulder: While I appreciate the ability to ride the wait list... UP TO THE FIRST DAY OF CLASSES, I'll have to say 'thanks but no thanks' on your offer. Besides if I wanted to be around 40 year old people who still smoke weed and live for weekends snowboarding I'd simply stay in Oregon.

Oh Wake Forest: You had me at hello, well you had me at, maybe If UNC says HELL NO, you might just give me a shot. You Wake were that girl who wasn't the best looking but if I was around you enough I'd learn to appreciate all the good things about you. Now you're just that girl who got in with the wrong crowd and will end up the DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) good luck chasing UNC and Duke.

woodscommaL

Bronze

Post by woodscommaL » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:47 pm

charliep wrote:

your UCLA scenario just brought back a repressed memory
Sorry darling, she didn't deserve you anyways.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:02 pm

I made a cool Wordle out of my Penn waitlist invitation, but I can't figure out how to post a picture :(

sach1282

Bronze

Post by sach1282 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:20 pm

imageshack.com then use the "Img" function in the reply window, put the URL between [img]%20and%20[/img]

Onthebrink

Bronze

Post by Onthebrink » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:18 am

PopTorts13 wrote:

Packers>
GIANTS>packers ALL DAY.

PopTorts13

Bronze

Post by PopTorts13 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:34 am

Onthebrink wrote:
PopTorts13 wrote:

Packers>
GIANTS>packers ALL DAY.
Giants, the idiot that somehow manages to perform better on tests than you. He also happens to do a funny cha-cha, appear in Subway commercials and be the lesser in a family of historically respected QBs. He really loves it when other teams beat them selves, as that is how he traditionally performs well. Not to mention he is confused about whether he is from New Jersey or New York, so he tells all of his friends he is from New York because no one respects Jersey. Now all the people from NY (Jets Fans) hate him.

Packers, the genius that often struggles on big tests, but historically wins more than you and is more respected, thus all of their traditions: Superbowl trophy being named after their coach, cheeseheads, lambeau leap, frozen tundra, and 15 Championships. Also, he is not afraid of who he is and tells everyone exactly where he is from, a small town in north eastern Wisconsin, Greenbay. He turned a small town into a big deal. More people seem to respect him for establishing a city that other wise would be no more than small-midwestern town.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”