THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Peameal

New

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by Peameal » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:07 pm

TommyK wrote:Possible explanation: they borrowed (or rented) an undergrad fraternity house ...
It may have just been the stupid undergrads' fault, but (based on numbers from Wikipedia) it looks like the city of Charlottesville is something like 30% stupid undergrads. And apparently not much else.
Three years? No thanks.

Edit: the fact is that, having lived in the south, I understand that most southerners wouldn't think twice about a random, table-sized confederate flag (or two!) at a party, and certainly don't view it as a racist symbol. But that doesn't mean I have to like it, and as an avowed Yankee this just reconfirms my decision that UVA wouldn't be a good fit for me.

Edit 2: I suppose I should clarify that when I said "my decision that UVA wouldn't be a good fit for me" I really meant "their decision to flat out reject me." :?
(because they knew I would never attend)
Last edited by Peameal on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hokie

Bronze

Post by hokie » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:17 pm

aaaaaah wrote:Dear UVA,

I'm over it. (LinkRemoved)
Seriously----as a hokie, I have a eternal responsibility to make fun of them no matter what but I gotta say, they bring it upon themselves. Having said that, I would still give one or more body parts to go to their law school

Gecko of Doom

Bronze

Post by Gecko of Doom » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:24 am

Two UC's in one day!

Berkeley,

I don't smoke weed.

UCLA,

I'll be sad not to be in living in LA. To console myself, I will replicate the experience by taking my car out to the highway on a nice summer day and sitting motionless for three hours.

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:39 am

Transcripts from my interview with a local Chicago TV station about a recent spat I had with the University of Chicago over them denying me entrance into their law school, I thought it might be appropriate for the Ding Bar.....

Chicago you seriously don't want me? Haha U of C is for losers and i'm addicted to winning. When I took the LSAT the run I was on made Sinatra, Jagger, Richards, all the others look like droopy-eyed, armless children. It was epic. I'm sorry that you can't handle my mystic powers. I got magic and I got poetry in my fingertips. You missed out because every plan I have is the best plan in the room. You say I should have written a why Chicago? That is your path. I will not believe that if I do something then I have to follow a certain path because it was written for normal people. People who aren't special. People who don't have tiger blood and Adonis DNA. I will not write a LOCI, those are for people who aren't special. I'm tired of pretending like I'm not special. I'm tired of pretending like I'm not bitching, a total fricking rock star from Mars, and people can't figure me out, they can't process me. I don't expect them to. You can't process me with a normal brain. I don't want your silly acceptance letter that'll say some thing like 'Don't be special, be one of us.' Newsflash: I am special, and I will never be one of you! I’m an F-18, Chicago, and I will destroy you in the air and deploy my ordnance to the ground. Oh and please don't think this is some coked up response because I'm sad that I didn't get into your crappy school, I am on a drug but not coke – it’s called Charlie Sheen. It’s not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. I like NYU better anyway.

After getting wind of this interview, they later decided to cancel my application for the rest of the cycle.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:47 am

Gecko of Doom wrote:UCLA,

I'll be sad not to be in living in LA. To console myself, I will replicate the experience by taking my car out to the highway on a nice summer day and sitting motionless for three hours.
I lol'ed

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

legalprincess

New

Post by legalprincess » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:11 am

Gecko of Doom wrote: UCLA,

That may be the two best sentences ever written! lol

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:19 am

Gecko of Doom wrote:UCLA,

HAAAAA! so. true.

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:23 am

legalprincess wrote:
Gecko of Doom wrote: UCLA,

That may be the two best sentences ever written! lol

Soooooooooooo true.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:22 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:Transcripts from my interview with a local Chicago TV station about a recent spat I had with the University of Chicago over them denying me entrance into their law school, I thought it might be appropriate for the Ding Bar.....

Chicago you seriously don't want me? Haha U of C is for losers and i'm addicted to winning. When I took the LSAT the run I was on made Sinatra, Jagger, Richards, all the others look like droopy-eyed, armless children. It was epic. I'm sorry that you can't handle my mystic powers. I got magic and I got poetry in my fingertips. You missed out because every plan I have is the best plan in the room. You say I should have written a why Chicago? That is your path. I will not believe that if I do something then I have to follow a certain path because it was written for normal people. People who aren't special. People who don't have tiger blood and Adonis DNA. I will not write a LOCI, those are for people who aren't special. I'm tired of pretending like I'm not special. I'm tired of pretending like I'm not bitching, a total fricking rock star from Mars, and people can't figure me out, they can't process me. I don't expect them to. You can't process me with a normal brain. I don't want your silly acceptance letter that'll say some thing like 'Don't be special, be one of us.' Newsflash: I am special, and I will never be one of you! I’m an F-18, Chicago, and I will destroy you in the air and deploy my ordnance to the ground. Oh and please don't think this is some coked up response because I'm sad that I didn't get into your crappy school, I am on a drug but not coke – it’s called Charlie Sheen. It’s not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. I like NYU better anyway.

After getting wind of this interview, they later decided to cancel my application for the rest of the cycle.

Lolz... Good parody. Charlie Sheen is one weird dude.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Michael_Vick

New

Post by Michael_Vick » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:10 am

unc0mm0n1 wrote:Transcripts from my interview with a local Chicago TV station about a recent spat I had with the University of Chicago over them denying me entrance into their law school, I thought it might be appropriate for the Ding Bar.....

Win.

Pink

Bronze

Post by Pink » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:07 pm

Michael_Vick wrote:

Win.
I believe the correct response is "winning" Lolz. Love Sheen.

ryanw5520

New

Post by ryanw5520 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:15 pm

(middle finger) Depaul, (prepping middle finger) Loyola Chi

I don't really know what I would do with a law degree from any chicago school anyway. I mean it would be an expensive education just to wind up conducting the brown line. F#$%ing first ding! ARGGHHHH

samilabuena

New

Post by samilabuena » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:37 pm

LOL have ya'll seen this? http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011 ... ration-toy

WTF Northwestern?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pattonthicke

Bronze

Post by pattonthicke » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:42 pm

[quote="TommyK"]No clue about UVA, but to take Elie Mystal's reporting on it as gospel is a bit scary.

Possible explanation: they borrowed (or rented) an undergrad fraternity house to have a party with the understanding that party supplies would be there (like boards for flipcup and beer pong). They went in and found that the beer pong boards were painted in confederate flags. They were then faced with the option of not playing those games as some sort of tacit disapproval of the flags, or suck it up and play on the confederate flag beer pong boards. Now, as far as somebody saying the n-word - who knows. That was an anonymous report of "somebody" saying it. It could have been an undergrad fraternity member, or it could have not happened at all, or it could have been somebody quoting a rap lyric, or it could have been a guy in a white hood shouting it at a student of color.

Now, I know that the spirit of the ding bar is to vent at schools who have denied or waitlisted you and I don't want to derail that, but just wanted to temper Elie's race-baiting.[/quote]

Sorry but this is the wrong forum for that. We dont temper shit in the ding bar. I dont give a fuck if this story was written on the back of a homeless man's ass, if it makes UVA look bad then that shit is true. We are here to fuck shit up.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:49 pm

samilabuena wrote:LOL have ya'll seen this? http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011 ... ration-toy

WTF Northwestern?
old news, dawg

f*** UVa

New

Post by f*** UVa » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:22 pm

pattonthicke wrote:
TommyK wrote:No clue about UVA, but to take Elie Mystal's reporting on it as gospel is a bit scary.

Possible explanation: they borrowed (or rented) an undergrad fraternity house to have a party with the understanding that party supplies would be there (like boards for flipcup and beer pong). They went in and found that the beer pong boards were painted in confederate flags. They were then faced with the option of not playing those games as some sort of tacit disapproval of the flags, or suck it up and play on the confederate flag beer pong boards. Now, as far as somebody saying the n-word - who knows. That was an anonymous report of "somebody" saying it. It could have been an undergrad fraternity member, or it could have not happened at all, or it could have been somebody quoting a rap lyric, or it could have been a guy in a white hood shouting it at a student of color.

Now, I know that the spirit of the ding bar is to vent at schools who have denied or waitlisted you and I don't want to derail that, but just wanted to temper Elie's race-baiting.[/quote]

Sorry but this is the wrong forum for that. We dont temper shit in the ding bar. I dont give a fuck if this story was written on the back of a homeless man's ass, if it makes UVA look bad then that shit is true. We are here to fuck shit up.
[/quote]

Amen brah! Who gives a shit what "might" have happened?

If the fucking elitist frat boys @ UVa were stupid enough to get caught and exposed celebrating their KKK heritage then I say stick 'em with a pitchfork...er, I mean burn a cross in front of the law school...uh, let's picket wearing white sheets to protect our identity! Maybe we can have our apps reconsidered if we SHOW "why UVa!"

Naaaahhhh. Fuck UVa.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:25 pm

f*** UVa wrote: Amen brah! Who gives a shit what "might" have happened?

If the fucking elitist frat boys @ UVa were stupid enough to get caught and exposed celebrating their KKK heritage then I say stick 'em with a pitchfork...er, I mean burn a cross in front of the law school...uh, let's picket wearing white sheets to protect our identity! Maybe we can have our apps reconsidered if we SHOW "why UVa!"

Naaaahhhh. Fuck UVa.
I predict you live a long and prosperous life on this site.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:30 pm

Mickey Quicknumbers wrote:
f*** UVa wrote: Amen brah! Who gives a shit what "might" have happened?

Naaaahhhh. Fuck UVa.
I predict you live a long and prosperous life on this site.
LOL. ZOMG ARMIE HAMMER. MICKEY I LOVE YOU

Nulli Secundus

Gold

Post by Nulli Secundus » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:49 am

Reserved for possible use later today.

androstan

Gold

Post by androstan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:48 am

samilabuena wrote:LOL have ya'll seen this? http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011 ... ration-toy

WTF Northwestern?
You mean "Wow, Northwestern is awesome."

math101

Bronze

Post by math101 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:19 am

Gecko of Doom wrote:Two UC's in one day!

Berkeley,

I don't smoke weed.

UCLA,

+1

I loled for realz.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

grayfoxx13

New

Post by grayfoxx13 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:21 pm

Dear Northwestern,

Why do you hate undergraduate students so much? Sorry we haven't had enough time to get a shitty, poorly paying job and become northwestern material. Also, having a class watch some ugly chick getting off is just plain weird. Stay classy northwestern.

-Disappointed poor soul.

duckmoney

Silver

Post by duckmoney » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:23 pm

grayfoxx13 wrote:Dear Northwestern,

Why do you hate undergraduate students so much? Sorry we haven't had enough time to get a shitty, poorly paying job and become northwestern material. Also, having a class watch some ugly chick getting off is just plain weird. Stay classy northwestern.

-Disappointed poor soul.
Undergrads are apparently mature enough to witness live porn but not mature enough for law school.

kk19131

Silver

Post by kk19131 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:56 pm

Dear Indiana:

Not only did I forget I applied to you, but after a very short 6 months you respond to me with a prestigious offer to be on your waitlist.

Well, no thanks. I think I'll settle for one of my full scholarship offers... or a school ranked higher than you with better job prospects.

Shame, I so wanted to live in redneck land. :(

Serge

New

Post by Serge » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:48 pm

Dear Stanford, thank you for the impersonal rejection letter. I'm sure you trust I won't take it personally.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”