THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kinderby

Bronze

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by Kinderby » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:13 pm

Burgstaller04 wrote:"one of the most expensive law schools in the country" (directly from their brochure)
Srsly, they're proud of that?

Love the Part of Your World; I was laughing the whole time. I wanted my sister to read it, but I think you have to be in the applications process to get how funny and true it was!

jtemp320

Bronze

Post by jtemp320 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:51 am

Dear Chicago
You waitlisted me?! Now I'm nervous I wont get into CLS!

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:14 am

jtemp320 wrote:Dear Chicago
You waitlisted me?! Now I'm nervous I wont get into CLS!
lame entry...but i forgive you because of your tar. <3ronron

coug11

Bronze

Post by coug11 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Dear UVA,

So this is how it ends. It seems like just yesterday I heard about you right before my cross-country roadtrip. I decided to check you out with my friends, in case you were the one for me. I drove up to you, looked at you, and turned right around. It was at that moment I knew that you were not right for me.

I applied anyway. I knew that you threw money at people that you accepted, so I took a chance. After all, you don't charge people just to look. I even teased you by writing a Why-UVA essay. Yes, it is true that I just used my Why-Duke essay and removed all of the stuff that was specific to Duke, but it was the thought that counts.

Now you want me to wait for you. You said that you will need my Spring grades, and told me to finish strong. I will finish strong, but not for you. You just keep on stringing me on, have me on your heels. But if I let you do that, you will have the last laugh. However, you don't know, but I've been seeing other schools, too. Vandy is such a nice school with friendly people. At that same roadtrip, Vandy called to me, so I went. She has accepted me. Georgetown has also accepted me for who I am. I would pick either of those schools over you.

So goodbye, my fourth love. Maybe we will see each other again some day. Then again, you are in Charlottesville, so probably not.

-Coug11

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:45 pm

coug11 wrote:Dear UVA,

So this is how it ends. It seems like just yesterday I heard about you right before my cross-country roadtrip. I decided to check you out with my friends, in case you were the one for me. I drove up to you, looked at you, and turned right around. It was at that moment I knew that you were not right for me.

I applied anyway. I knew that you threw money at people that you accepted, so I took a chance. After all, you don't charge people just to look. I even teased you by writing a Why-UVA essay. Yes, it is true that I just used my Why-Duke essay and removed all of the stuff that was specific to Duke, but it was the thought that counts.

Now you want me to wait for you. You said that you will need my Spring grades, and told me to finish strong. I will finish strong, but not for you. You just keep on stringing me on, have me on your heels. But if I let you do that, you will have the last laugh. However, you don't know, but I've been seeing other schools, too. Vandy is such a nice school with friendly people. At that same roadtrip, Vandy called to me, so I went. She has accepted me. Georgetown has also accepted me for who I am. I would pick either of those schools over you.

So goodbye, my fourth love. Maybe we will see each other again some day. Then again, you are in Charlottesville, so probably not.

-Coug11
$$$$$

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Dear UCLA-

I'd rather stay on the coast that matters anyway :)

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:58 pm

Deuce wrote:Dear UCLA-

I'd rather stay on the coast that matters anyway :)
Great one, short and to the point.

francisConn

Bronze

Post by francisConn » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:41 pm

Dear Virginia,

I became interested in you over the years, visiting family who lived near you. They introduced us, threw us together and told me how wonderful we'd be together. I won't lie and say I didn't think of you. Despite rumors of your history with suitors as various as Sheila Jackson-Lee, Janet Napolitano, and Ted Kennedy, I was enamored.

However, I knew immediately you were out of my league. The level of my ability to discern logic patterns and analytically reason in 35 minute spans was never going to impress you. My peculiar Texas origins weren't going to help. I wouldn't even take the time to write you a special note about why I wanted you.

So, no, Virginia, I'm not surprised. I'm not surprised you aren't interested; after all, you're the daughter of a president, and I'm the son of a VCU alum. But I thank you for your southern courtesy when you thought to let me off the hook early when you could have teased me and led me on like that concubine Cornell.

lvsmithmarsh

Bronze

Post by lvsmithmarsh » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:56 am

Dear GULC,

Your acronym sounds like something Gollem would hack out during a bad day in Middle Earth.

Kisses!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:15 am

lvsmithmarsh wrote:Dear GULC,

Your acronym sounds like something Gollem would hack out during a bad day in Middle Earth.

Kisses!
:lol: :lol:

jtravis

New

Post by jtravis » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:56 am

Dear Vanderbilt,

Technically, not a ding....but it certainly feels like one. I write you a Why Vanderbilt? essay, work at the University for 2 years, above your 25% LSAT, above your 75% GPA, applied early, schlepped downtown for the alum interview, and that's still not good enough for you? I even did my master's thesis on Cornelius Vanderbilt's founding of the university!!

But, I guess you're right. I should go to a school that has some semblance of school spirit. That IS important to me. I see more Univ. of Alabama and Univ. of Florida apparel than I do Vandy. This proves to me your students not only lack school spirit, but also good taste. I remember a football game I had the misfortune of being dragged to, and being disgusted that 3/4 of the stadium was filled with the visiting team. The only NFL prospect of note you have ever produced is a d*ck. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6017986

What's that? You have academic standards that impair your ability to compete? Funny, Northwestern and Stanford are BETTER schools and they seem to fielding decent, even good, football teams from time and time. And, by the way, being the smartest school in the SEC is like being the skinniest girl at fat camp. I wouldn't feel too good about myself.

Your LSAT median was a whopping 162 only 9 years ago. Now, it's 169? You're a social climbing whore desperate to join the 'cool kids' in the T14. Too bad if anyone is going to do it, it's going to be Texas/UCLA. I remember the girls just outside the A-team being the cruelest in high school. That's you.

Keep telling yourself that you have name recognition throughout the country. Vanderbilt is more famous as 1). a pair of jeans from the 80's (thanks Gloria!) and 2). a NEW ENGLAND family. If the so-called 'Southern Ivies' were the Pussycat Dolls, Duke would be the lead singer (you know, the only one people recognize), Vanderbilt, Tulane, Emory, etc. are her backup dancers with jacked-up faces.

Also, why are you BRAGGING about your law school being one of the most expensive in the country? That's f*$($ed up.

EDIT: I'm not really a jerk and I don't REALLY feel this way....just a little hurt. :(

meh3884

New

Post by meh3884 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Dear Mercer Law,

So much for Southern Hospitality. I realize my numbers are a bit low, even for your T3 status. But I had softs. I earned excellence in ROTC leadership training before leaving with a blown knee, worked each year and summer in UG, put in innumerable hours as a rookie e-board elect to my Rugby club, all while balancing two majors in evolutionary bio and pol sci. Not to mention my lower class upbringing and LOR's from department chairs of top 10 programs. Go ahead and take your 3.5 IR majors (can you even get 3.5 IR majors?). Don't think I'll waste a minute regretting combining real, tough classes like orgo, physics and countless bio labs with my pol sci curriculum. Sure, it shattered my GPA, but I have two degrees with real academic breadth. My personal statement was stunning, albeit a bit tongue in cheek, delving into America's need for bio-educated lawyers to put science behind the legislation; but you probably didn't even read it. You were probably too busy spraying your desk with roach killer. Or was it really my two speeding tickets that you just couldn't let go?

Respectfully yours,
meh3884

TOMaHULK

Silver

Post by TOMaHULK » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:16 pm

meh3884 wrote:Dear Mercer Law,

So much for Southern Hospitality. I realize my numbers are a bit low, even for your T3 status. But I had softs. I earned excellence in ROTC leadership training before leaving with a blown knee, worked each year and summer in UG, put in innumerable hours as a rookie e-board elect to my Rugby club, all while balancing two majors in evolutionary bio and pol sci. Not to mention my lower class upbringing and LOR's from department chairs of top 10 programs. Go ahead and take your 3.5 IR majors (can you even get 3.5 IR majors?). Don't think I'll waste a minute regretting combining real, tough classes like orgo, physics and countless bio labs with my pol sci curriculum. Sure, it shattered my GPA, but I have two degrees with real academic breadth. My personal statement was stunning, albeit a bit tongue in cheek, delving into America's need for bio-educated lawyers to put science behind the legislation; but you probably didn't even read it. You were probably too busy spraying your desk with roach killer. Or was it really my two speeding tickets that you just couldn't let go?

Respectfully yours,
meh3884
Ouch.

Out of curiousity, when did you get this decision? I've been waiting to hear from them? Not an attempt to threadjack, so PM me if you'd like. Sorry about the ding, but you have a strong resume there. :wink:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:22 pm

jtravis wrote:Dear Vanderbilt,
I winced a couple times during this, so obviously a great entry!

I'm sure you'll have other fantastic choices!

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:25 pm

Gotti wrote:

Kisses!
I really liked that one :)

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Respectfully yours,
meh3884
My favorite party of this was the combination of the "Respectfully yours" with your handle "meh."

There is something about the sign off that just punctuates it right.

masochist

Bronze

Post by masochist » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:28 pm

jtravis wrote:Dear Vanderbilt,

Technically, not a ding....but it certainly feels like one. I write you a Why Vanderbilt? essay, work at the University for 2 years, above your 25% LSAT, above your 75% GPA, applied early, schlepped downtown for the alum interview, and that's still not good enough for you? I even did my master's thesis on Cornelius Vanderbilt's founding of the university!!

But, I guess you're right. I should go to a school that has some semblance of school spirit. That IS important to me. I see more Univ. of Alabama and Univ. of Florida apparel than I do Vandy. This proves to me your students not only lack school spirit, but also good taste. I remember a football game I had the misfortune of being dragged to, and being disgusted that 3/4 of the stadium was filled with the visiting team. The only NFL prospect of note you have ever produced is a d*ck. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6017986

What's that? You have academic standards that impair your ability to compete? Funny, Northwestern and Stanford are BETTER schools and they seem to fielding decent, even good, football teams from time and time. And, by the way, being the smartest school in the SEC is like being the skinniest girl at fat camp. I wouldn't feel too good about myself.

Your LSAT median was a whopping 162 only 9 years ago. Now, it's 169? You're a social climbing whore desperate to join the 'cool kids' in the T14. Too bad if anyone is going to do it, it's going to be Texas/UCLA. I remember the girls just outside the A-team being the cruelest in high school. That's you.

Keep telling yourself that you have name recognition throughout the country. Vanderbilt is more famous as 1). a pair of jeans from the 80's (thanks Gloria!) and 2). a NEW ENGLAND family. If the so-called 'Southern Ivies' were the Pussycat Dolls, Duke would be the lead singer (you know, the only one people recognize), Vanderbilt, Tulane, Emory, etc. are her backup dancers with jacked-up faces.

Also, why are you BRAGGING about your law school being one of the most expensive in the country? That's f*$($ed up.

EDIT: I'm not really a jerk and I don't REALLY feel this way....just a little hurt. :(
This. Was. Awesome

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MillerTime

Bronze

Post by MillerTime » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:36 pm

dulcatis wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Kisses!
I really liked that one :)
This is a winner

meh3884

New

Post by meh3884 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:41 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:

Respectfully yours,
meh3884
My favorite party of this was the combination of the "Respectfully yours" with your handle "meh."

--ImageRemoved--

It's full, too

lmi

New

Post by lmi » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:46 pm

meh3884 wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:

Respectfully yours,
meh3884

--ImageRemoved--

It's full, too
I see your 'smile at the rain' mug from seattle! I have a framed picture of that. love it.

meh3884

New

Post by meh3884 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:36 pm

lmi wrote: I see your 'smile at the rain' mug from seattle! I have a framed picture of that. love it.
:D We have a picture and some magnets, too.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MillerTime

Bronze

Post by MillerTime » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:38 pm

meh3884 wrote:
lmi wrote: I see your 'smile at the rain' mug from seattle! I have a framed picture of that. love it.
Woot. Go Seattle.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:40 pm

meh3884 wrote: --ImageRemoved--

It's full, too
It should be empty, instead :-)

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:40 pm

evandm wrote:
meh3884 wrote:
Woot. Go Seattle.
+1.

LilMonsterAnnie

Bronze

Post by LilMonsterAnnie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:20 pm

Kisses!
Love this. Thanks for the giggle

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”