THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gaud

Platinum

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by gaud » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:23 am

Rawlberto wrote:
gaud wrote:Berkely,

you suck.

oh, did i spell it wrong? ask me if i care.
What the fuck is going on with your cycle? You have really nice numbers yet are getting dinged. I hope good news is in your future.

tell me about it. maybe my retakes are slightly counting against me, maybe my undergrad sucks (the school).. who knows. thank you for the good wishes! right back at you (the luck, for whatever you may be doing)

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:53 am

Rawlberto wrote:

you suck.

What the fuck is going on with your cycle? You have really nice numbers yet are getting dinged. I hope good news is in your future.
Berkeley isn't all about numbers

charliep

Bronze

Post by charliep » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:13 am

Dear UCLA,

When some geological event inevitably separates California from the rest of continental United States, we can look back and laugh at this, assuming you can see the past through all of the smog and shattered dreams shrouding your awful, awful city :)

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:33 am

charliep wrote:Dear UCLA,

When some geological event inevitably separates California from the rest of continental United States, we can look back and laugh at this, assuming you can see the past through all of the smog and shattered dreams shrouding your awful, awful city :)

LOL, that'd give me some beachfront property in AZ

ScoutFinch

Bronze

Post by ScoutFinch » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:52 am

+1, coming from someone who works at UCLA!
gaud wrote:

Lex Luthor style 8)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ScoutFinch

Bronze

Post by ScoutFinch » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:34 am

Dear University of Washington,
You're such a tease! First you posted that cute tweet about how "excited" you were to send out decision today, then you really got me going with that email reminding me to add you to my FAFSA application. When your decision email came today, I was convinced you were ready to go ALL THE WAY!
But instead, you gave me the law school equivalent of blue balls and put me on your waiting list. Sorry baby, I love the thought of being in you, but I can't wait around for you to come to your senses. WUSTL is more than willing to have me, and I hear she really puts out for LSAT scores like mine :wink:
I'm sure there are plenty of applicants who will happily take my spot and will suit your fickle tastes better than I would. Be well, remember to take your antidepressants, and try not to pull a Cobain after contemplating the relationship we could have had.

Love,
Scout

un-vordox

Bronze

Post by un-vordox » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:32 am

ScoutFinch wrote:Dear University of Washington,
You're such a tease! First you posted that cute tweet about how "excited" you were to send out decision today, then you really got me going with that email reminding me to add you to my FAFSA application. When your decision email came today, I was convinced you were ready to go ALL THE WAY!
But instead, you gave me the law school equivalent of blue balls and put me on your waiting list. Sorry baby, I love the thought of being in you, but I can't wait around for you to come to your senses. WUSTL is more than willing to have me, and I hear she really puts out for LSAT scores like mine :wink:
I'm sure there are plenty of applicants who will happily take my spot and will suit your fickle tastes better than I would. Be well, remember to take your antidepressants, and try not to pull a Cobain after contemplating the relationship we could have had.

Love,
Scout
Yes! Now we're getting somewhere.

T00L

Silver

Post by T00L » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:52 pm

gaud wrote:

"Arizona Bay" -R.I.P Bill Hicks

Also,

UCLA Waitlist? Really!? oh well, here's to:
-a higher life expectancy
-much less traffic
-less silicone EVERYWHERE
-not being on the ass-end of beverly hills
-being able to pass the bar later

danielhay11

Bronze

Post by danielhay11 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:11 pm

un-vordox wrote:

Love,
Scout
Yes! Now we're getting somewhere.
This is fantastic, except for the image of innocent little Scout saying all these things.

Congrats on getting into the Washington that actually matters.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hob12

Bronze

Post by hob12 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:31 pm

jnelsi wrote:
un-vordox wrote:
duckmoney wrote:
hob12 wrote:Dear Berkeley,

I guess you found out that I shave my legs.
This is EXACTLY how you're supposed to use the ding bar!
Nice
+1
Haha, thanks, it was my first ding so I felt the need to properly contribute.

Expecting another one from Washington and Lee tomorrow.

Rawlberto

Bronze

Post by Rawlberto » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:33 pm

gaud wrote:
Rawlberto wrote:

you suck.

tell me about it. maybe my retakes are slightly counting against me, maybe my undergrad sucks (the school).. who knows. thank you for the good wishes! right back at you (the luck, for whatever you may be doing)
Does your UG have a proud tradition of choking against ranked teams in football? If so we went to the same school in AZ.

ScoutFinch

Bronze

Post by ScoutFinch » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Rawlberto wrote: Does your UG have a proud tradition of choking against ranked teams in football? If so we went to the same school in AZ.
I think I may have gone to that school...

Rawlberto

Bronze

Post by Rawlberto » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:09 pm

A LOT of people on this board attended that school for UG. It is really odd.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:11 pm

ScoutFinch wrote:
Rawlberto wrote: Does your UG have a proud tradition of choking against ranked teams in football? If so we went to the same school in AZ.
I think I may have gone to that school...

My undergrad does in fact have that tradition!

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Rejected from GWU

flooded market and the school has no job placement. The nationals suck and they have no football team

STLMizzou

Bronze

Post by STLMizzou » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Northwestern, I still think you are really cool, and I understand that you were a pretty big reach for me, but did you have to ding me on Friday the 13th? No cool man, hope you enjoy your one less twitter follower! Passive-aggressive social-media ding!

crumpledq

Bronze

Post by crumpledq » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:30 pm

STLMizzou wrote:Passive-aggressive social-media ding!
Love this.

I took immense pleasure from unliking GW Law on facebook.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:44 pm

Dear CU Boulder,

I enjoy neither patchouli nor hacky sacks. When I first applied, I knew that this would come between us. I'm sorry for leading you on in the first place.

Hugs and kisses,

Ginj

P.S. Wash your hair, hippies.

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:24 pm

Dear Chicago,

Being on Lake Michigan would've been a constant reminder of how much I would rather be at Hogwarts. Ultimately, thank you for making the choice for me.

XOXO

ColtsFan88

Silver

Post by ColtsFan88 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Dear Chicago,

I didn't like your white, sterile law school anyway.

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:01 pm

F***********************************K you Michigan! That is all.... and I feel better

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Upenn - dinged 1/13

Weakest of the Ivy's
Being in a city that's an also-ran between NYC and Washington just doesn't cut it for me
Longest abreviated name there is.

MormonChristian

Bronze

Post by MormonChristian » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:47 pm

George Washington

Dinged from the ED full ride scholarship 1-13

Your building are falling apart. You are named after a guy with wooden teeth.
Who wants to live in a place called Foggy Bottom? That sounds more like a name for a retirement home, where nobody can wipe their own.
Also, your law school is the only thing that is ranked decently.
You are the lowest ranked #20 school in the nation.
Marion Berry was your city's Mayor.
Obama lives there and Romney probably will next.
You aren't even good enough to live in an actual State.
Your monuments have cracks, and large portions of your district smokes it.

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:36 pm

MormonChristian wrote:George Washington

Dinged from the ED full ride scholarship 1-13

Your building are falling apart. You are named after a guy with wooden teeth.
Who wants to live in a place called Foggy Bottom? That sounds more like a name for a retirement home, where nobody can wipe their own.
Also, your law school is the only thing that is ranked decently.
You are the lowest ranked #20 school in the nation.
Marion Berry was your city's Mayor.
Obama lives there and Romney probably will next.
You aren't even good enough to live in an actual State.
Your monuments have cracks, and large portions of your district smokes it.
+1

Ziq8209

New

Post by Ziq8209 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Love,
Scout
Best. Post. Ever.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”