THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mudiverse

Bronze

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by mudiverse » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:33 pm

Waitlisted by my Alma Mater. I won't name names, but it tops the lists of schools with deflationary grade policy.

So not only am punished with a low GPA for employers/graduate programs to admire as they assess my application, I am further reamed by not having a good enough numbers for their law school.

Edit: Received an alumni fundraiser by email today. Google has granted me a small victory by autoforwarding those emails to junk mail.

canafsa

Bronze

Post by canafsa » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:39 pm

Last edited by canafsa on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawlzschool

Bronze

Post by lawlzschool » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:43 pm

mudiverse wrote:Waitlisted by my Alma Mater. I won't name names, but it tops the lists of schools with deflationary grade policy.

So not only am punished with a low GPA for employers/graduate programs to admire as they assess my application, I am further reamed by not having a good enough numbers for their law school.

Edit: Received an alumni fundraiser by email today. Google has granted me a small victory by autoforwarding those emails to junk mail.
this is probably me soon but rather than wl it'll prob be a dingaroo. my bday is early feb too so im hoping it happens then just so it's the absolute most dramatic

anywho greener pastures! you're gonna kill it wherever you go and make your alma mater regret ever killing you with work and then punishing you for it by donating your bazillions to whatever law school you go to ;)

tofuspeedstar

Platinum

Post by tofuspeedstar » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:47 pm

I got dinged at my alma matter. I guess they didn't want more of my money. Hha

whodareswins

Bronze

Post by whodareswins » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:30 am

mm2368 wrote:I didn't personally apply but I feel bad seeing some of you LSAT wizards get denied so, yolo:

Cornell, darling!
Who dost thou think thou is?
Suicide Rate? Pass
Campus vibe? Abysmal
If I wanted to freeze
I'd pay for cryotherapy

It's cheaper.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wanderlust24x

New

Post by wanderlust24x » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:56 pm

Emory,

Honestly. You're not even top 20 anymore. Your campus is too close to undergrads. You're practically in a forest. You ARE a forest. You're too far from downtown, you really shouldn't even say the campus is in Atlanta. And most importantly, glad that things with my ex that moved to Atlanta ended because now I guess I'm not going anyways, l o l.

Sincerely,
It's fine, I'm fine

vcap180

Bronze

Post by vcap180 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:39 pm

wanderlust24x wrote:Emory,

Honestly. You're not even top 20 anymore. Your campus is too close to undergrads. You're practically in a forest. You ARE a forest. You're too far from downtown, you really shouldn't even say the campus is in Atlanta. And most importantly, glad that things with my ex that moved to Atlanta ended because now I guess I'm not going anyways, l o l.

Sincerely,
It's fine, I'm fine
Emory started rejecting people for this cycle???

Edit: if so, sorry to hear that. But it sounds like you have a solid perspective on the situation haha

wanderlust24x

New

Post by wanderlust24x » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:04 am

vcap180 wrote:

Sincerely,
It's fine, I'm fine

Edit: if so, sorry to hear that. But it sounds like you have a solid perspective on the situation haha

Nah, I applied ED. Apparently statistically (based off of endless online research at least) it's harder to get in ED than RD, so this rejection may be on me. But no worries, wasn't my top choice haha.

LawSchoolTitan

New

Post by LawSchoolTitan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:21 am

wanderlust24x wrote:
vcap180 wrote:

Sincerely,
It's fine, I'm fine

Nah, I applied ED. Apparently statistically (based off of endless online research at least) it's harder to get in ED than RD, so this rejection may be on me. But no worries, wasn't my top choice haha.
Well... if your numbers are what they are in law school numbers... idk if you should be dissing Emory...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wanderlust24x

New

Post by wanderlust24x » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:23 am

LawSchoolTitan wrote:
wanderlust24x wrote:
vcap180 wrote:

Sincerely,
It's fine, I'm fine

Well... if your numbers are what they are in law school numbers... idk if you should be dissing Emory...
I don't have a law school numbers account lol

Edit: You don't need to be rude on an online forum for literally no reason haha

LawSchoolTitan

New

Post by LawSchoolTitan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:43 am

wanderlust24x wrote:
LawSchoolTitan wrote:
wanderlust24x wrote:
vcap180 wrote:

Sincerely,
It's fine, I'm fine

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/wanderlust24x

Sorry this person has the exact same name on lawschool numbers... guess you have a popular name!

wanderlust24x

New

Post by wanderlust24x » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:45 am

LawSchoolTitan wrote:
wanderlust24x wrote:
LawSchoolTitan wrote:
wanderlust24x wrote:
vcap180 wrote:

Sincerely,
It's fine, I'm fine

Sorry this person has the exact same name on lawschool numbers... guess you have a popular name!
No worries, I see we both applied ED to Emory as well so I see where you could have assumed that. Good luck with your cycle!

LawSchoolTitan

New

Post by LawSchoolTitan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:51 am

wanderlust24x wrote:
LawSchoolTitan wrote:
wanderlust24x wrote:
LawSchoolTitan wrote:
wanderlust24x wrote:
vcap180 wrote:

Sincerely,
It's fine, I'm fine

No worries, I see we both applied ED to Emory as well so I see where you could have assumed that. Good luck with your cycle!
Thanks! You too and Yeah sorry, I mean they also got accepted to Santa Clara university with a 75k scholarship with the same exact dates as you did too so yeah my bad... this is TLS we look into everything and make assumptions :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rubbishdump

Bronze

Post by Rubbishdump » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:02 am

Are you really taking the time to humiliate someone on the internet?

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:21 am

Rubbishdump wrote:Are you really taking the time to humiliate someone on the internet?
+1

Let's move the conversation back to funny posts about how we didn't want to attend the law schools that rejected us anyway.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:37 am

whodareswins wrote:
mm2368 wrote:I didn't personally apply but I feel bad seeing some of you LSAT wizards get denied so, yolo:

Cornell, darling!
Who dost thou think thou is?
Suicide Rate? Pass
Campus vibe? Abysmal
If I wanted to freeze
I'd pay for cryotherapy

It's cheaper.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
+1

pipipipi

Bronze

Post by pipipipi » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:19 am

Love the spirit of this thread!

Haven't heard back of anything yet.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:09 pm

I hear Harvard and I think Stanford (? Someone correct me if I'm wrong) are handing out acceptance letters to people that pursue pointless arguments online. :roll:

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:10 pm

:?
Last edited by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:13 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:I hear Harvard and I think Stanford (? Someone correct me if I'm wrong) are handing out acceptance letters to people that pursue pointless arguments online. :roll:
Iconic.

Mackgal

Bronze

Post by Mackgal » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:18 pm

Stanford Ding Date 01/11/2017

I don't want to pay extremely high rent and NOT be near a beach ... it's LA or outside of Cali

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

shotgunheist

Bronze

Post by shotgunheist » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:24 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:I hear Harvard and I think Stanford (? Someone correct me if I'm wrong) are handing out acceptance letters to people that pursue pointless arguments online. :roll:

So, good lawyers then

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:30 pm

shotgunheist wrote:

So, good lawyers then
And "good" US presidents too, apparently. :|

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
shotgunheist wrote:

So, good lawyers then
Then ya gotta include UPenn too, but not the law school. :lol: :cry: :(
Last edited by Keilz on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rubbishdump

Bronze

Post by Rubbishdump » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:32 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
shotgunheist wrote:

So, good lawyers then
You're fake news!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”