THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SrLaw

Silver

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by SrLaw » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:05 pm

eaglemuncher wrote:
DeeCee wrote:I <3 the ding bar.
Me too...when it's used properly!

After seeing my scholarship, or lack thereof, I would have rather been rejected.

CM612

Bronze

Post by CM612 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:07 pm

SrLaw wrote:
eaglemuncher wrote:

After seeing my scholarship, or lack thereof, I would have rather been rejected.
+1, GW, I'm looking at you. Your acceptance/lack of scholarship was like getting hit on by the ugliest guy at the bar. Made me wonder if I had food in my teeth or something. (I understand that this is somewhat inappropriate for the ding bar, but the spirit prevails!)

eaglemuncher

Bronze

Post by eaglemuncher » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:10 pm

CM612 wrote:
SrLaw wrote:
eaglemuncher wrote:

+1, GW, I'm looking at you. Your acceptance/lack of scholarship was like getting hit on by the ugliest guy at the bar. Made me wonder if I had food in my teeth or something. (I understand that this is somewhat inappropriate for the ding bar, but the spirit prevails!)
I guess I am just bitter because I havent gotten any acceptances yet ( 1 ding, 2 WL's) But I would prob feel the same way if I didnt get $ from some of the schools I have applied to.

SrLaw

Silver

Post by SrLaw » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:11 pm

CM612 wrote:
SrLaw wrote:
eaglemuncher wrote:

At least GW is located in DC, W&L is located in the middle of nowhere. W&L is raising tuition to 41K a year next year. Offering 10K a year is just laughable, especially for the 4th best in VA.

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:57 pm

(my first ding bar post. sorry i'm not incredibly witty, i had been refraining from posting to save everyone from my lack of humor, but i cannot not do it right now)

Dear Georgetown,

Thank you for placing me on your "waiting list". Not your shiny happy people's unicorns and rainbows super special priority wait-list, just the regular wait-list. Additionally, thank you for telling me in your email that you HAVE a shiny happy people's unicorns and rainbows super special priority wait-list, just so I know where I stand in your eyes. Never mind the traffic I battled, the smartrip fare I paid for, and the blocks of walking around in heels JUST to come suck up to the dean in the hopes of getting in. Obviously none of that matters because my daddy didn't go to GULC and donate seventy bagillion dollars and get a building named after him, or because I didn't lock myself in my room and do nothing but study during undergrad so that I emerged with a perfect 4.0 but zero social skills. I would care a lot less if all you wanted was good numbers if you didn't make me haul my ass three hours to show up to an interview where you told me that personal statements DO matter and that diversity is a plus and that sometimes the underdog CAN get in if she's just that special. Well you know what Georgetown? You can take your wait-list and shove it. Because if I'm going to live somewhere with an exorbitant cost of living, dirty streets, and more tourists than a sane person can handle, it's sure as hell not going to be so I can go to GeorgeTTTown Diploma Mill. See you on the flip side (when I'm back in DC taking jobs from your grads).

Kisses!
kjadkins

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MillerTime

Bronze

Post by MillerTime » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:00 pm

kjadkins wrote:(my first ding bar post. sorry i'm not incredibly witty, i had been refraining from posting to save everyone from my lack of humor, but i cannot not do it right now)

Dear Georgetown,

Thank you for placing me on your "waiting list". Not your shiny happy people's unicorns and rainbows super special priority wait-list, just the regular wait-list. Additionally, thank you for telling me in your email that you HAVE a shiny happy people's unicorns and rainbows super special priority wait-list, just so I know where I stand in your eyes. Never mind the traffic I battled, the smartrip fare I paid for, and the blocks of walking around in heels JUST to come suck up to the dean in the hopes of getting in. Obviously none of that matters because my daddy didn't go to GULC and donate seventy bagillion dollars and get a building named after him, or because I didn't lock myself in my room and do nothing but study during undergrad so that I emerged with a perfect 4.0 but zero social skills. I would care a lot less if all you wanted was good numbers if you didn't make me haul my ass three hours to show up to an interview where you told me that personal statements DO matter and that diversity is a plus and that sometimes the underdog CAN get in if she's just that special. Well you know what Georgetown? You can take your wait-list and shove it. Because if I'm going to live somewhere with an exorbitant cost of living, dirty streets, and more tourists than a sane person can handle, it's sure as hell not going to be so I can go to GeorgeTTTown Diploma Mill. See you on the flip side (when I'm back in DC taking jobs from your grads).

Kisses!
kjadkins
Can I be a cosponsor of this ding bar post? I love it.

eaglemuncher

Bronze

Post by eaglemuncher » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:01 pm

kjadkins wrote:(my first ding bar post. sorry i'm not incredibly witty, i had been refraining from posting to save everyone from my lack of humor, but i cannot not do it right now)

Dear Georgetown,

Kisses!
kjadkins
no need to apologize, I like it

swimmergirl1303

Bronze

Post by swimmergirl1303 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Dear Georgetown,

Kisses!
kjadkins
GREAT post.

Pink

Bronze

Post by Pink » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:05 pm

Dear NYU,

Ahh, the purple. It lured me to you, in spite of the fact that you were 55k-ish a year, and in a city with 2k 400 sq foot apartments and rats. But, the purple didn't love me, regardless of the fact that it's my favorite color. But don't worry NYU, no hard feelings. You need to keep your numbers, and I need to keep mine ( <250k in debt).

Love,

Pink

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TOMaHULK

Silver

Post by TOMaHULK » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:06 pm

kjadkins wrote: \Kisses!
kjadkins
At least tell me you're a female. Somehow this post would seem much different to me if you were a guy. :shock:

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:10 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:
kjadkins
At least tell me you're a female. Somehow this post would seem much different to me if you were a guy. :shock:
Haha. Also note the part about trudging around DC in heels. I am indeed female.

jacketman03

Silver

Post by jacketman03 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:14 pm

Denver,

You know, it's good that you decided to go ahead and deny my application, because now i don't have to worry about going $100k in debt to attend an esteemed school where 1/4 of its graduates can't pass the bar exam and the median starting salary is not that much more than my wife will be making as a high school teacher by the time I graduate. I guess I'll just have to stay here in Texas, where we don't have a state income tax and I won't feel like I'm taking my life into my own hands by walking on an icy sidewalk in winter.

Deuces

P.S. I'll take it all back and would crawl to Denver if you would kindly reconsider.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:25 pm

kjadkins wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:
kjadkins
also your avatar?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:27 pm

Gotti wrote:
kjadkins wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:
kjadkins
also your avatar?
Haha, this is true. And it's in my profile, if we wanna get nit-picky.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:29 pm

kjadkins wrote: Haha, this is true. And it's in my profile, if we wanna get nit-picky.
hahah detail fail

LilMonsterAnnie

Bronze

Post by LilMonsterAnnie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:51 pm

Dear Georgetown,

Kisses!
kjadkins
well done!

LilMonsterAnnie

Bronze

Post by LilMonsterAnnie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:52 pm

kjadkins wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:
kjadkins
:D
I picked up on that also and it irritated me even more that they WL her

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bigjinjapan

Bronze

Post by bigjinjapan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:22 pm

with apologies to Tycho and Gabe. Original:http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/1/19/

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:05 pm

bigjinjapan wrote:[img]

with apologies to Tycho and Gabe. Original:http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/1/19/
OMG. Love this!!

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:20 pm

DeeCee wrote:

OMG. Love this!!
So much respect. Also, so accurate.

I take it all back, Georgetown, just please accept me! "I can show you the world..."

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:23 pm

kjadkins wrote:
DeeCee wrote:

OMG. Love this!!

I take it all back, Georgetown, just please accept me! "I can show you the world..."
Shining, shimmering, splendid?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:24 pm

subtle wrote:
kjadkins wrote:
DeeCee wrote:

OMG. Love this!!

Shining, shimmering, splendid?
Indeed :)

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Tell me, princess, now when did you last let your heart decide?

TOMaHULK

Silver

Post by TOMaHULK » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:13 am

Gotti wrote:
kjadkins wrote: Haha, this is true. And it's in my profile, if we wanna get nit-picky.
hahah detail fail
Meh-some people put up whatever avi they want. :P Shims wear heels too. And the details of profile, are...they are details I didn't bother to read. :lol: Carry on...

TurtlesAllTheWayDown

New

Post by TurtlesAllTheWayDown » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:58 pm

Yo Han,

So let me get this straight, you send out a "rather large batch of decisions" and all those decisions are holds?!? You must really enjoy toying with the fragile psyches of your applicants. I am now 100% convinced that Chicago is so cold because of its proximity to the icy, icy, absolute zero sort of frozen blood running through your veins. At best, you sent out a shit ton of non-decisions without the poise and aplomb I would expect from someone in your position. But what is more likely is that you sent out a bunch of glorified waitlists. I am apparently smart enough to get "held" but not smart enough to realize I am being put on a waitlist? Or rather, a waitlist to find out in May if I am on a waitlist. You made my list of things to do, Joanne. So here is what I am going to do (and I hope everyone else does the same): I, who waited patiently for a decision and hung on your every tweet, am going to jump through every administrative hoop for you to stay on your pre-waitlist even though I have no intention of going to your fine university. I do this so that you will have to eventually grow a pair and make some tough decisions (and to make your job juuuuuuuuuuuuuust a little bit more difficult). Cull the herd yourself; don't make these fine law school applicants do your job for you by withdrawing. In or out, you decide. In the end, I hope to get accepted only so that I can tell you to shove your acceptance NUr ass.

(Sorry this isn't an official ding, but it needed to be said)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”