THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jaydizzle

Silver

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by jaydizzle » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:24 pm

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:I also posted this in the BC thread:

Wow, thanks BC. They made sure I got my rejection right in time for Christmas. I'm sorry, but that's just classless... What a nice holiday gift-set for me. I get a nice GMU Christmas card then a rejection the next day, and now I get a DR with BC and a rejection promptly issued for Christmas. I guess they just couldn't wait but to reject me...

Any LS who rejects in December deserve to Flame!
I knew I wasn't getting in, but still. Now, I totally feel like shit. I got rejected from BC for undergrad and now for law school. This is perfectly fine, but it's just how it was done. The letter sounded like total bull as well. It was as if a sixth grader wrote it. I always suck at tests like the LSAT, but I still think what they did was rather unnecessary. I wish all my other accomplishments would help. It's going to be a long cycle. Maybe W&L will take me off the waitlist or Iowa will take me off the preliminary waitlist. :(

gbpackerbacker

Silver

Post by gbpackerbacker » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:29 pm

CSCS Trainer wrote:Thank you University of Oklahoma for the very speedy rejection. Couple thoughts:

1. "The Boomer Sooner Fight Song for the University of Oklahoma is taken from "Boola Boola", the fight song of Yale University. An addition was added a year later, which they took from University of North Carolina's "I'm a Tar Heel Born"."

Obviously your university is a hub of original intellectual accomplishments.

2. "WWE commentator and Oklahoma native Jim Ross uses the fight song as his entrance theme. He also often uses the phrase "Boomer Sooner" to signify a good moment."

I think that says it all right there. So I say to you, University of Oklahoma, Boomer Sooner.
Haha what about when a murderer says it right before he's put to death? Boomer!

Fixed link: --LinkRemoved--

LilMonsterAnnie

Bronze

Post by LilMonsterAnnie » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:30 pm

Dear New England

Well, ya got me. You must have been smarter than I thought. With my numbers and softs, I would have smoked your Tier 3. Although it would have been fun to party with my girlfriends who attend BUT currently HATE it there and are planning on transferring. Boston U is far superior. I come from a planet where the English dialect is understood. 'Chowduh', 'Git duh fuck outta hey-a' and 'fuck dat' every other sentence will force me to lose my girlish appeal to real men. I will sleep better at night knowing I wont get shit on daily by your pigeon infestation, my cars tires pulled off, or mugged and robbed.
I am breathing a sigh of relief. However, telling me you are not interested the week before Christmas certifies you Douchebag status.
F-You
Best wishes
Annie

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:32 pm

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:Dear New England

Well, ya got me. You must have been smarter than I thought. With my numbers and softs, I would have smoked your Tier 3. Although it would have been fun to party with my girlfriends who attend BUT currently HATE it there and are planning on transferring. Boston U is far superior. I come from a planet where the English dialect is understood. 'Chowduh', 'Git duh fuck outta hey-a' and 'fuck dat' every other sentence will force me to lose my girlish appeal to real men. I will sleep better at night knowing I wont get shit on daily by your pigeon infestation, my cars tires pulled off, or mugged and robbed.
I am breathing a sigh of relief. However, telling me you are not interested the week before Christmas certifies you Douchebag status.
F-You
Best wishes
Annie

I am calling BC and letting them know how I feel when they reopen after the break.

sarcasticswede

New

Post by sarcasticswede » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:36 pm

jaydizzle wrote:

F-You
Best wishes
Annie

I am calling BC and letting them know how I feel when they reopen after the break.

I'm sorry, that's ridiculous. If you all are feeling really spiteful you could try to get Above the Law to do a story about it : ) At the very least I hope you all call and complain like crazy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:38 pm

sarcasticswede wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:

F-You
Best wishes
Annie

I'm sorry, that's ridiculous. If you all are feeling really spiteful you could try to get Above the Law to do a story about it : ) At the very least I hope you all call and complain like crazy.
Na, I won't. I had a terrible LSAT. It was bound to happen, but I never thought right on Christmas.

CSCS Trainer

New

Post by CSCS Trainer » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:54 pm

Thank you THE Ohio State University for sending me my rejection email today. I was going to withdraw my application anyway out of principle. Here's a suggestion: send home a little permission slip to the parents of all your athletes so that they can take a field trip over to the law school and learn about NCAA rules and violations.

txag10

Bronze

Post by txag10 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:31 pm

CSCS Trainer wrote:Thank you THE Ohio State University for sending me my rejection email today. I was going to withdraw my application anyway out of principle. Here's a suggestion: send home a little permission slip to the parents of all your athletes so that they can take a field trip over to the law school and learn about NCAA rules and violations.
Look at Ohio State's athlete graduation rate as well...

paisaaa

Bronze

Post by paisaaa » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:21 pm

Dearest Alma mater,

I realized your associate dean for admissions was unimpressed with me at GW's very own law school fair, where, after introducing myself, she immediately asked me what I'd scored on the LSAT and then made sure I was applying to other schools in the DC area (i.e. American and George Mason, not GeorgeTTTown, who was actually interested enough to interview me) if I wanted to stick around. I can't help thinking that the admissions committee's review of my application was a sorry, formulaic repetition of the associate dean's warm and encouraging approach to greeting law school fair passerby: grimace at LSAT, reject, continue to hopelessly sift through piles of LSATs - I mean, applicants - that would help GW crawl up the rankings, if only those people didn't just apply to have the luxury of a DC safety tucked away in their mailbox.

Thank you, at the very least, for taking the time to "commend" me on my "many academic and personal achievements." I'm sure you got to the part of my resume that proves I've helped man four GW offices; the two LORs written by GW faculty; the line on my GW transcript that states I've graduated with Special Honors.

No, I'm not a special snowflake. But your cold rejection email was right about one thing: "Given the strength of your application, we have no doubt that you will be offered admission to a number of fine law schools."

Never mind the fact that its pathetic your inferiority complex is centered around a school that teeters on the brink of T14 status; if you want so desperately to be Georgetown maybe you could settle for tricking political junkies (those of which I've had enough of, thankyouverymuch) by renaming your prized institution the George Washington University Law Center.

Sincerely,
Don't expect any endowments.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MillerTime

Bronze

Post by MillerTime » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:25 pm

valengina wrote:
Never mind the fact that its pathetic your inferiority complex is centered around a school that teeters on the brink of T14 status; if you want so desperately to be Georgetown maybe you could settle for tricking political junkies (those of which I've had enough of, thankyouverymuch) by renaming your prized institution the George Washington University Law Center.
Hahahaha GWULC, FTW

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:06 am

evandm wrote:
valengina wrote:
Hahahaha GWULC, FTW
Haha, +1. I feel like GWU is an awkward abbreviation to type out as it is...

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:14 am

valengina wrote:Dearest Alma mater,

I realized your associate dean for admissions was unimpressed with me at GW's very own law school fair, where, after introducing myself, she immediately asked me what I'd scored on the LSAT and then made sure I was applying to other schools in the DC area (i.e. American and George Mason, not GeorgeTTTown, who was actually interested enough to interview me) if I wanted to stick around. I can't help thinking that the admissions committee's review of my application was a sorry, formulaic repetition of the associate dean's warm and encouraging approach to greeting law school fair passerby: grimace at LSAT, reject, continue to hopelessly sift through piles of LSATs - I mean, applicants - that would help GW crawl up the rankings, if only those people didn't just apply to have the luxury of a DC safety tucked away in their mailbox.

Thank you, at the very least, for taking the time to "commend" me on my "many academic and personal achievements." I'm sure you got to the part of my resume that proves I've helped man four GW offices; the two LORs written by GW faculty; the line on my GW transcript that states I've graduated with Special Honors.

No, I'm not a special snowflake. But your cold rejection email was right about one thing: "Given the strength of your application, we have no doubt that you will be offered admission to a number of fine law schools."

Sincerely,
Thoroughly enjoyed this. Solid Ding Bar submission!

lhlee

Bronze

Post by lhlee » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:03 am

Thank you George Washington...for sending me my rejection email first thing in the morning. On my birthday.

Thank you for not tempting me to move to a city that traded for Rashard Lewis and have ridiculous gun laws. And your city is dirty.

Thank you for not accepting me because the Washington Redskins suck. Now I do not have to deal with their fans (and they're tradition of almost never having a winning record...2 in the last ten years? The RAIDERS are MUCH better. That's saying a lot.)

I just hate you because your rejection made me willingly drink anything handed to me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:09 am

Sincerely,
This is my first post in this thread, so i'm not sure if imdoingitrite, but.....you got into Berkeley! and Michigan! Who cares if GWU doesn't want you :wink:.

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:37 am

Knock wrote:

Sincerely,
This is my first post in this thread, so i'm not sure if imdoingitrite, but.....you got into Berkeley! and Michigan! Who cares if GWU doesn't want you :wink:.
Exactly. That is so lame that your own school doesn't want you, esp when you got into great schools that are T14! When they call you asking for donations in a year you should tell them why you won't give, though the undergrad on the other end might not care much.

paisaaa

Bronze

Post by paisaaa » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:26 pm

Thanks for all of the love guys! Glad I could entertain :D

paisaaa

Bronze

Post by paisaaa » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:32 pm

lhlee wrote:Thank you George Washington...for sending me my rejection email first thing in the morning. On my birthday.

Thank you for not tempting me to move to a city that traded for Rashard Lewis and have ridiculous gun laws. And your city is dirty.

Thank you for not accepting me because the Washington Redskins suck. Now I do not have to deal with their fans (and they're tradition of almost never having a winning record...2 in the last ten years? The RAIDERS are MUCH better. That's saying a lot.)

I just hate you because your rejection made me willingly drink anything handed to me.
Happy birthday! Keep drinking!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

weejonbu

Bronze

Post by weejonbu » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:51 pm

Sincerely,
Yeah this was seriously legit, can't believe they would pass up on you (might be a YP?). Either way, you are on the road to a great law school, congrats!

lhlee

Bronze

Post by lhlee » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:14 pm

valengina wrote:
lhlee wrote:Thank you George Washington...for sending me my rejection email first thing in the morning. On my birthday.

Happy birthday! Keep drinking!

Thank you! I'd rather not though. Congrats on getting into some fantastic schools!

boilerup89

Bronze

Post by boilerup89 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:25 pm

Sincerely,
I had the exact same experience when talking to an admissions officer at the chicago LSAC forum last year. I mentioned the name George Mason (god forbid) somewhere in my conversation and I was literally stopped mid-sentence and told that that GW was in a "different class" than GM and that basically if i was even considering such a school I wasn't GW material.

The smugness and superiority-complex enraged me. I actually wrote about it in a "why I want to go to X law school" optional essay. There is no law school I detest more than GW, definitely don't feel at a loss.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:27 pm

boilerup89 wrote:I had the exact same experience when talking to an admissions officer at the chicago LSAC forum last year. I mentioned the name George Mason (god forbid) somewhere in my conversation and I was literally stopped mid-sentence and told that that GW was in a "different class" than GM and that basically if i was even considering such a school I wasn't GW material.

The smugness and superiority-complex enraged me. I actually wrote about it in a "why I want to go to X law school" optional essay. There is no law school I detest more than GW, definitely don't feel at a loss.
This must be some weird GW thing... I (like to think I) have the #'s for GW and the woman that I met at a law fair in CO started talking about all the other schools in DC, including GULC, when I asked her about IP @ GW. WTF I wanted to know about your school, not the others you smug b.

/derailing rant

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

paisaaa

Bronze

Post by paisaaa » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:35 pm

GW,

You're doing it wrong.

-TLS

coug11

Bronze

Post by coug11 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:02 pm

lhlee wrote: Thank you for not accepting me because the Washington Redskins suck. Now I do not have to deal with their fans (and they're tradition of almost never having a winning record...2 in the last ten years? The RAIDERS are MUCH better. That's saying a lot.)
+1

eaglemuncher

Bronze

Post by eaglemuncher » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:16 pm

WOW!...in a matter of five minutes of reading these last few posts GW went from being my first choice to being a school I dont even want to go to. This website has too much influence over my life.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:21 pm

eaglemuncher wrote:WOW!...in a matter of five minutes of reading these last few posts GW went from being my first choice to being a school I dont even want to go to. This website has too much influence over my life.
+1

Two years ago, I had never even heard of Vault. Now, it's the standard of my success or failure.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”