THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
FunkyJD

Silver

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by FunkyJD » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:50 pm

Don't feel bad. Last cycle, per LSN, Yale turned down someone with a 3.97 GPA and 180. If schools don't wanna, they don't wanna.

LilMonsterAnnie

Bronze

Post by LilMonsterAnnie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:53 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Cornell,

I don't have anything witty to say. :( Sorry for being bad at the LSAT.

Sincerely,

Girl at the top 1% of her graduating class and they don't care.
be glad/celebrate!...you would have to chip the -7 degree icecicles off your vajayjay

QandAphorism

New

Post by QandAphorism » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:17 pm

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:

Sincerely,

be glad/celebrate!...you would have to chip the -7 degree icecicles off your vajayjay
Where on earth would she find time to chip vajayjay-cicles off when 99% of her time will have to be spent proving to her friends, family, and potential internship employers that Cornell really is an ivy?

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:21 pm

QandAphorism wrote:
LilMonsterAnnie wrote:

Sincerely,

Where on earth would she find time to chip vajayjay-cicles off when 99% of her time will have to be spent proving to her friends, family, and potential internship employers that Cornell really is an ivy?

You guys really know how to make someone feel better. I need to hang out in this thread more often. What frequency of dings do I need to retain membership?

Top14Hope

Bronze

Post by Top14Hope » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:23 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
QandAphorism wrote:
LilMonsterAnnie wrote:

Sincerely,

You guys really know how to make someone feel better. I need to hang out in this thread more often. What frequency of dings do I need to retain membership?

One per year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:26 pm

Good, I can handle that. Although I'm pretty sure Stanford, Boalt, Penn and Northwestern are all going to be ecstatic to reject me, so I might be able to pay 4 years dues in the next couple months.

LilMonsterAnnie

Bronze

Post by LilMonsterAnnie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:12 pm

QandAphorism wrote:
LilMonsterAnnie wrote:

Sincerely,

excellent point. I know most people always ask where it is located to begin with. then when you say "Ithaca", people say "where is that?"
UH, right now it is Here:

http://tlslilmonsterannie.shutterfly.com/pictures/9

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:41 pm

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:excellent point. I know most people always ask where it is located to begin with. then when you say "Ithaca", people say "where is that?"

This made me laugh out loud.

cortnf

Bronze

Post by cortnf » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:11 pm

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
QandAphorism wrote:
LilMonsterAnnie wrote:

Sincerely,

excellent point. I know most people always ask where it is located to begin with. then when you say "Ithaca", people say "where is that?"

I'm having trouble not reading that url as tlslilmonsterTRannie....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:30 pm

cortnf wrote:
I'm having trouble not reading that url as tlslilmonsterTRannie....
Hahahahahha I died.

QandAphorism

New

Post by QandAphorism » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Dear Yale,

This is ironic. I preemptively dinged you by (a) not applying and (b) not being a virgin for four years of undergrad. My contention is that your institution is intolerably egotistical in the sense that although every matriculant is a douche, they are still trained to exude a sense of superiority over such things as having to receive grades, having to have sex, as well as having to not be socially awkward. Furthermore, both your male as well as female students have a peculiar amount of arm hair. If I may support my original contention further, I would recommend that your admissions committee consults with a member of your physics department on the topic of randomness. Surely they'd mention that true randomness doesn't exist, much in same way that a theoretical exercise involving my blindly picking any member of your admitted class only to find they are a douche shows that isn't a random event either. Your brand of nostalgic elitism reminds me of certain aspects of our last administration that didn't work so well. Given a few of your more notable graduates, you should be quite familiar with all that, lol. In any case, I will not be conducting LSAT prep for a year to receive a 180, and I will also not be going back in time to not have fun during undergrad in order to secure a 4.0 and I will, ultimately, not be applying to your school of law. Please trim your ears and unibrows.

Sincerely,
The Cool Kid

furrywalls

New

Post by furrywalls » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:09 pm

QandAphorism wrote:I would recommend that your admissions committee consults with a member of your physics department on the topic of randomness. Surely they'd mention that true randomness doesn't exist, much in same way that a theoretical exercise involving my blindly picking any member of your admitted class only to find they are a douche shows that isn't a random event either.
Haha this is great.
QandAphorism wrote:Your brand of nostalgic elitism reminds me of certain aspects of our last administration that didn't aren't working so well.
FTFY

Nice post though. Skip the app and the ding and just go straight to retaliatory venting. I approve.

QandAphorism

New

Post by QandAphorism » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:31 pm

furrywalls wrote:
QandAphorism wrote:I would recommend that your admissions committee consults with a member of your physics department on the topic of randomness. Surely they'd mention that true randomness doesn't exist, much in same way that a theoretical exercise involving my blindly picking any member of your admitted class only to find they are a douche shows that isn't a random event either.
Haha this is great.
QandAphorism wrote:Your brand of nostalgic elitism reminds me of certain aspects of our last administration that didn't aren't working so well.
FTFY

Nice post though. Skip the app and the ding and just go straight to retaliatory venting. I approve.
I'm just trying to be proactive in my life.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

furrywalls wrote:
Well, in that case...

Dear T14,

Damn you and your requirement for people to have actually tried in undergrad. I would try to inform you that there is more to life than going to class and studying, but we all know that any attempt would be futile. I will not apologize for sleeping off a mid-week hangover, or skipping my two o'clock to hang out with that cute girl I "accidentally" bumped into in the cafeteria.

I'll let you keep your elitist, socially awkward student body. I will not pad your rejection statistics with an overly optimistic application. After all, I would prefer to continue to drink on weeknights, spend time with women, and watch as much football as I want during the three years of law school. I mean, who goes to school to get a job anyway? I just want to frame my J.D. and hang it above the drive through window that I will inevitably commandeer after school.

Sincerely (not) yours,
Me

Ludacrispat26

Bronze

Post by Ludacrispat26 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:34 pm

chrisbru wrote:
furrywalls wrote:
Well, in that case...

Dear T14,

Damn you and your requirement for people to have actually tried in undergrad. I would try to inform you that there is more to life than going to class and studying, but we all know that any attempt would be futile. I will not apologize for sleeping off a mid-week hangover, or skipping my two o'clock to hang out with that cute girl I "accidentally" bumped into in the cafeteria.

I'll let you keep your elitist, socially awkward student body. I will not pad your rejection statistics with an overly optimistic application. After all, I would prefer to continue to drink on weeknights, spend time with women, and watch as much football as I want during the three years of law school. I mean, who goes to school to get a job anyway? I just want to frame my J.D. and hang it above the drive through window that I will inevitably commandeer after school.

Sincerely (not) yours,
Me
amen. amen.

labeauche

New

Post by labeauche » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:35 pm

Dearest George Mason,

Thank you for the scare of my life, it made my later acceptance to schools that I would actually like to attend all the sweeter. I know that realizing you were a safety must have fealt a bit demeaning, and the fact that you dinged me makes me a little proud of you. Those hours spent with your life coach learning to feel empowered and worthy of love (as well as tuition) must have really paid off. Keep repeating the mantra we practiced: " I AM the third best law school in Northern VA."

Thank you for preventing me from even considering attending a law school in a building that looks like it should be the setting of one of those ITT Tech commercials. If I wanted a real legal education, I would just attend NOVA where the N stands for Nowledge.

Yours,
Labeauche

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:57 pm

dear George Mason,

I apologize that my liberiterian mindset was too liberal for you. I have met people who come from your school and they are drones because you make them have a curve in a legal writing class. A class that contains small sections aka. 4 people.

Crossingforhys

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:57 pm

labeauche wrote:Dearest George Mason,

Thank you for the scare of my life, it made my later acceptance to schools that I would actually like to attend all the sweeter. I know that realizing you were a safety must have fealt a bit demeaning, and the fact that you dinged me makes me a little proud of you. Those hours spent with your life coach learning to feel empowered and worthy of love (as well as tuition) must have really paid off. Keep repeating the mantra we practiced: " I AM the third best law school in Northern VA."

Thank you for preventing me from even considering attending a law school in a building that looks like it should be the setting of one of those ITT Tech commercials. If I wanted a real legal education, I would just attend NOVA where the N stands for Nowledge.

Yours,
Labeauche
so much better then mine....

fragged

Bronze

Post by fragged » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:08 pm

--ImageRemoved--

LilMonsterAnnie

Bronze

Post by LilMonsterAnnie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:31 pm

fragged wrote:--ImageRemoved--
gotta love Angry Birds.
Hopefully UCLA hasn't rejected ANYONE yet.

rs2004

Silver

Post by rs2004 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:38 pm

Dear BC and Fordham,

BC, really, you couldn't even seal the rejection envelope so that when it came to me, it was already open?

And Fordham, I don't even know what to say except, who the hell do you think you are? Outside of NY, no one knows your name!

-rs2004

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lostone

New

Post by lostone » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:57 pm

Dinged at BC with opened envelope as well...wtf?!

Oddly enough, in at Fordham with same numbers?!

rs2004 wrote:Dear BC and Fordham,

BC, really, you couldn't even seal the rejection envelope so that when it came to me, it was already open?

And Fordham, I don't even know what to say except, who the hell do you think you are? Outside of NY, no one knows your name!

-rs2004

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:24 pm

Points for creativity.

gokickrocks

Bronze

Post by gokickrocks » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:09 am

Dear Univ. of San Diego,

I'm guessing that you found out that I am a SF Giants fan, and are still bitter about losing the last game of the regular season to us. In addition, you must still be bitter after we won something called the World Series. You are also bitter that the SF 49ers defeated the Chargers for the Super Bowl during the 1994-1995 season. I also regret to tell you that your Chargers will also lose tomorrow.

In conclusion, I believe Ron Burgandy said it best with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqVfKJwQ63I

Regards,

Gokickrocks

2Serious4Numbers

Bronze

Post by 2Serious4Numbers » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:20 am

FunkyJD wrote:
Points for creativity.
I lol'd

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.