THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hephaestus

Gold

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by hephaestus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:20 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
LSLovely173 wrote:Dear Georgetown,

Bravo for what was possibly the most epic display of application trolling in history. You extend the option to make a 1-minute application video, I say "challenge accepted", and set to work killing 30-40 hours of my life and an unspeakable amount of M&Ms making a darn creative stop motion film for the admissions committee to enjoy. But lo and behold, I receive a rejection email from the office last friday claiming that after "careful consideration of my file" you can't approve my application. Hm. It's awfully suspect that you've supposedly carefully considered my file, yet the Youtube views on my *UNLISTED* video have not budged since the time I submitted my application. Triple checked that link in the app PDF and it surely works.

But, just know, the old adage is true: lying gets you no where. Actually, wait, yeah it does. It apparently moves us down in rankings, as Cornell so spitefully dropkicked your a**es into back 14th place for another year.

Have fun bringing up the rear in those 2014 rankings, My Loves!

LSLovely
We want the video.

scruffy556

Bronze

Post by scruffy556 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:26 am

ImNoScar wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:

Bravo for what was possibly the most epic display of application trolling in history. You extend the option to make a 1-minute application video, I say "challenge accepted", and set to work killing 30-40 hours of my life and an unspeakable amount of M&Ms making a darn creative stop motion film for the admissions committee to enjoy. But lo and behold, I receive a rejection email from the office last friday claiming that after "careful consideration of my file" you can't approve my application. Hm. It's awfully suspect that you've supposedly carefully considered my file, yet the Youtube views on my *UNLISTED* video have not budged since the time I submitted my application. Triple checked that link in the app PDF and it surely works.

But, just know, the old adage is true: lying gets you no where. Actually, wait, yeah it does. It apparently moves us down in rankings, as Cornell so spitefully dropkicked your a**es into back 14th place for another year.

LSLovely
We want the video.
We most certainly do. If you spent 30-40 hours making it, someone needs to actually watch it right?

LSLovely173

New

Post by LSLovely173 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:45 am

scruffy556 wrote:
ImNoScar wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:

LSLovely
We want the video.
We most certainly do. If you spent 30-40 hours making it, someone needs to actually watch it right?

True story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSnKAHXaRXs

WARNING: This video contains standard application "tell-me-about-yourself" cornball-ism. Viewer discretion advised :wink:

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:47 am

amazing

LSLovely173

New

Post by LSLovely173 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:51 am

sinfiery wrote:amazing

Thanks, Sin :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CR2012

Bronze

Post by CR2012 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:05 am

Really awesome video.

HankBashir

Silver

Post by HankBashir » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:11 am

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:22 am

That's an awesome video.

Stats?

redmessengerbag

New

Post by redmessengerbag » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:01 am

LSLovely173 wrote:

WARNING: This video contains standard application "tell-me-about-yourself" cornball-ism. Viewer discretion advised :wink:
Wow! I love the video! Freaking bastards!!

For me:

Fuq the Furd. I didn't want go to my lovely undergrad, Cal's, arch nemesis anyway!

Oh wait, Fuq Cal too, I didn't want to go back to Berkeley to have to suffer on a different part of campus for a few more years anyway!

Disclaimer: I love Berkeley, the city. DING DING DING!

:P :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:39 am

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:34 am

rebexness wrote:

Tremendous.

Homelandsagreatshow

Bronze

Post by Homelandsagreatshow » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:02 am

redmessengerbag wrote:
LSLovely173 wrote:

Wow! I love the video! Freaking bastards!!

For me:

Fuq the Furd. I didn't want go to my lovely undergrad, Cal's, arch nemesis anyway!

Oh wait, Fuq Cal too, I didn't want to go back to Berkeley to have to suffer on a different part of campus for a few more years anyway!

Disclaimer: I love Berkeley, the city. DING DING DING!

:P :mrgreen:

ahahhaahahhahahaahhaa ohhhh myyy godd......wait... All of that....for GEORGETOWN!

bluecouch

Bronze

Post by bluecouch » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:42 am

Agreed. That was pretty effing awesome.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MacB

Bronze

Post by MacB » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:24 am

It's cute that you thought you could make reference to an admissions video on TLS without being hounded into posting it. :lol:

For some reason the word jovial immediately makes me think of my nice old WWII vet neighbor who always brings me baked goods and reminds me to move my car on street cleaning days, not a pretty girl in her 20's, haha. 180 anyway, that was awesome.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:26 am

That was fucking amazing. I feel like we should start a TLS campaign to demand someone at Georgetown watch that.

Rory19

Bronze

Post by Rory19 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:46 am

I think your concrete ability to demonstrate that they overlooked an aspect of your application might be substantive grounds for an appeal to your admissions decision.

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:08 pm

Rory19 wrote:I think your concrete ability to demonstrate that they overlooked an aspect of your application might be substantive grounds for an appeal to your admissions decision.
Do it!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

2012Lsatscore

Silver

Post by 2012Lsatscore » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rory19

Bronze

Post by Rory19 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:12 pm

Well that's another issue altogether.

Also, now that I see that the applicant has now published the video to us on TLS, it would be more difficult to demonstrate that GULC blatantly overlooked an aspect of her application because now the video has over 100 views.

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:19 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:
Rory19 wrote:I think your concrete ability to demonstrate that they overlooked an aspect of your application might be substantive grounds for an appeal to your admissions decision.
To what end? Who would want to go after being treated like that?
Get them to change their decision and then withdraw. #winning

2012Lsatscore

Silver

Post by 2012Lsatscore » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:27 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:
dirtrida2 wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:
To what end? Who would want to go after being treated like that?
Get them to change their decision and then withdraw. #winning
:roll: I say, pick your battles. Usually, schools don't reject unless the numbers were a long shot anyway. Anyway...

The original post and video were both awesome!
Yea I know lol.

+1 on the vid as well.

beautyistruth

Bronze

Post by beautyistruth » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:28 pm

To be honest, if you've already got another option, I'd go for it because it would be interesting to see how they reply. Too bad you didn't grab a screenshot before we all watched your video :(

LSLovely173

New

Post by LSLovely173 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback you guys =]
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:That was fucking amazing. I feel like we should start a TLS campaign to demand someone at Georgetown watch that.
Haha, at least now I know I know wasn't being completely delusional in thinking my video was worth a watch.
MacB wrote: For some reason the word jovial immediately makes me think of my nice old WWII vet neighbor who always brings me baked goods and reminds me to move my car on street cleaning days, not a pretty girl in her 20's, haha. 180 anyway, that was awesome.
HA! I was going to use "happy," but spelling out "HAPPY" with M&Ms seemed to call back yesterdays of sippy cups and Sesame Street.

dirtrida2 wrote:
Do it!
Hmm..I'd thought about doing that, but if I did it would be less be to ask for a reconsideration of their initial decision (my pride is too hurt for that lol), and more to make sure they watch it because I paid (app fee) for them to watch it.

LSLovely173

New

Post by LSLovely173 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:46 pm

beautyistruth wrote:To be honest, if you've already got another option, I'd go for it because it would be interesting to see how they reply. Too bad you didn't grab a screenshot before we all watched your video :(
You're right, that would've been a good idea, but I do have a second option so I'm not completely down and out! :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”