THE DING BAR Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
oxeatheman

New

Re: THE DING BAR

Post by oxeatheman » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:35 pm

WL at W&L!

im so mad im gonna post the rebel flag

sdphill

Silver

Post by sdphill » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:36 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:Sorry, I don't see you making any useful contributions? I made a couple of Ding entries (WL entries I suppose) that didn't mention race and gender at all. Something about telling Notre Dame they're insecure about their football record against Michigan, and something about telling Penn I got into Harvard. At least they were original and some people enjoyed them. I don't see why other people can't come up with something original that actually pertains to the school they want to diss. That is all.
Man I'm such a huge admirer I've been following all of your ding bar posts and you are just a genius with those zingers! I'm so happy you decided on Harvard because two reasons 1. they're the only place worthy of such a fine intellectual specimen as yourself whose masterful writing is beyond compare, truly, and 2. taking company with such fine gentlemen of the Ivy, who have never been reputed to be the least bit racist, sexist, or homophobic, really will be the only argument you'll ever need against the losers on the internet who call you such vile names!
+1

And descartes, you are a very fine writer yourself :)

zxcv22

New

Post by zxcv22 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:47 pm

captainwasabi09 wrote:Sorry, I don't see you making any useful contributions? I made a couple of Ding entries (WL entries I suppose) that didn't mention race and gender at all. Something about telling Notre Dame they're insecure about their football record against Michigan, and something about telling Penn I got into Harvard. At least they were original and some people enjoyed them. I don't see why other people can't come up with something original that actually pertains to the school they want to diss. That is all.
Man I'm such a huge admirer I've been following all of your ding bar posts and you are just a genius with those zingers! I'm so happy you decided on Harvard because two reasons 1. they're the only place worthy of such a fine intellectual specimen as yourself whose masterful writing is beyond compare, truly, and 2. taking company with such fine gentlemen of the Ivy, who have never been reputed to be the least bit racist, sexist, or homophobic, really will be the only argument you'll ever need against the losers on the internet who call you such vile names!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

TurtlesAllTheWayDown

New

Post by TurtlesAllTheWayDown » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:50 pm

You guys take all the fun out of abusing Internet privileges at work.
Someone needs to start a secret, invite-only TLS where people can go to avoid having hilarious threads ruined by such silly debates. That secret TLS has already been created and I got left behind in the TLS rapture, didn't I? Motherfucker.

PS: the jilted lover angle is played out and has been for a while.

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:53 pm

Oh man that cuts me to the core. You're damn right I ad hom'd, but don't leave off the most important bit: I ad hom'd a fucking ad hom. (This shit just got matrix.) It was no out-of-left-field ad hom! It was in fact a parallel argument, all full of ad homs!

I also white knighted so here's a good picture you might want to use in your next attempt to bring dishonor upon me: http://i43.tinypic.com/2iqzrjk.jpg

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

shroeder

Bronze

Post by shroeder » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:55 pm

BU,

I'm a Yankees and Giants fan! Choke on your chowda!

benburns214

Bronze

Post by benburns214 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Oh man that cuts me to the core. You're damn right I ad hom'd, but don't leave off the most important bit: I ad hom'd a fucking ad hom. (This shit just got matrix.) It was no out-of-left-field ad hom! It was in fact a parallel argument, all full of ad homs!

I also white knighted so here's a good picture you might want to use in your next attempt to bring dishonor upon me: http://i43.tinypic.com/2iqzrjk.jpg
Lol for the last 3 pages of this thread, it has been nothing but stupid arguments followed by an army of white knights.

zxcv22

New

Post by zxcv22 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Wasabi was pointing out that Dany wasn't adding anything to the convo. That's a different than a personal attack.

TheIdealist

New

Post by TheIdealist » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Unfortunately, offensive words/ideas are a dime a dozen. It only makes said ideas more volatile if they're acknowledged. I guess this my obligatory, "let's all be friends and let this all go post." Law school admissions is stressful for all of us. We can all agree on that right? So let's just take it easy. :]

#whiteknight

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

checkster

Bronze

Post by checkster » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:10 pm

Officially the last time I check the Ding Bar.

Thank you for ruining something I loved...

captainwasabi09

Bronze

Post by captainwasabi09 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:27 pm

Ha, thanks for calling me an ad hom when I didn't ad hom. I just said Dany didn't bring anything new up. That wasn't an ad hom. Yes, it would be fun to ad hom right now but that doesn't bring us anywhere; we learned that when we studied for the LSATs.

Woop de doop, there's a problem with me telling Penn that I got into a better school and they were clearly YPing me? I'm sorry, but what makes that worse than making personal attacks? Please clarify.

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:28 pm

let's hit the reset button

captainwasabi09

Bronze

Post by captainwasabi09 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:29 pm

beachbum wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:
Sorry, I don't see you making any useful contributions? I made a couple of Ding entries (WL entries I suppose) that didn't mention race and gender at all. Something about telling Notre Dame they're insecure about their football record against Michigan, and something about telling Penn I got into Harvard. At least they were original and some people enjoyed them. I don't see why other people can't come up with something original that actually pertains to the school they want to diss. That is all.
Your definition of original could probably use some work.
On the originality spectrum, at least it fares much better than "Oh this school is a fat ho." Didn't that get old in middle school?
Come on, they could at least make it rhyme.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

T00L

Silver

Post by T00L » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:31 pm

Geneva wrote:let's hit the reset button
So.....
fonzerelli wrote:In this thread we retaliate by protesting what made XXX school somewhat suspect to begin with, and we're glad our decision was made that much easier by taking that ridiculous option off the table.

In fact, we didn't really care enough to try that hard. If we had sent version 4B from our personal statement library we definitely would have gotten in but who cares, I don't even care.

I'll start: Berkeley. Ding date: 01/14/10

Umm, I don't want to listen to global warming propaganda for three years anyway. I eat red meat. Back off peta, your toyota prius is burning dead animals too. Earthquakes. Too liberal. Volatile economy. Hippies. Whatever.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:31 pm

captainwasabi09

Bronze

Post by captainwasabi09 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:42 pm

Oh of course the school's been reputed to be racist, sexist, and homophobic, like almost all law schools. And like most law schools, they try to change. I don't see what makes an Ivy school any different from other law schools in that respect, unless you have some evidence you would like to share, which I invite you to do. Really, I'm not being sarcastic here.

And oh man, I really admire your class act. Classy classy classy. Like I said before, I didn't personally attack Dany at all. I just said she wasn't bringing anything new up. Contrary to what you'd like to suggest, nobody on TLS has called me a vile name. I wonder why? Probably because I didn't personally insult anyone. It might be something you want to look into.

For the record, if you personally attack someone while claiming to "white knight", you're doing it wrong.

Onthebrink

Bronze

Post by Onthebrink » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:45 pm

God this thread has gotten disappointing. I keep trying to tell myself not to bother looking back every time it gets bumped.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chickenalfredo

New

Post by chickenalfredo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:46 pm

captainwasabi09 wrote:
Oh of course the school's been reputed to be racist, sexist, and homophobic, like almost all law schools. And like most law schools, they try to change. I don't see what makes an Ivy school any different from other law schools in that respect, unless you have some evidence you would like to share, which I invite you to do. Really, I'm not being sarcastic here.

And oh man, I really admire your class act. Classy classy classy. Like I said before, I didn't personally attack Dany at all. I just said she wasn't bringing anything new up. Contrary to what you'd like to suggest, nobody on TLS has called me a vile name. I wonder why? Probably because I didn't personally insult anyone. It might be something you want to look into.

For the record, if you personally attack someone while claiming to "white knight", you're doing it wrong.
why are you still posting in this thread. This is why we cannot have nice things

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Look at all the post nuclear apocalypse mutants scuddling about the remnants of the ding bar.

captainwasabi09

Bronze

Post by captainwasabi09 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:51 pm

chickenalfredo wrote:
why are you still posting in this thread. This is why we cannot have nice things
Because I was just trying to point out that maybe we should mention school-specific characteristics, and someone decides to sass me up even though I didn't personally insult anyone.

gravityrides0

Silver

Post by gravityrides0 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:52 pm

MOMMY, DADDY, PLEASE STOP FIGHTING!!! :'(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

T00L

Silver

Post by T00L » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:06 pm

I can piss farther up a wall than anyone else in here.

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:07 pm

T00L wrote:I can piss farther up a wall than anyone else in here.
...take it back.

TheIdealist

New

Post by TheIdealist » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:36 pm

Dear Georgetown,

Going into the app process, I really liked the idea of possibly attending. I thought you were a reach/hail mary as they say. Wasn't expecting anything until you asked me to interview. I was excited. You make me wait almost a whole month later just to waitlist me. I lost one weekend of productivity and community service hours. I will collect in some way...

Love and kisses,

The Idealist

lrslayer

Silver

Post by lrslayer » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Some inspiration from this thread's humble beginnings. I can do this shit all day long!!!

fonzerelli wrote:In this thread we retaliate by protesting what made XXX school somewhat suspect to begin with, and we're glad our decision was made that much easier by taking that ridiculous option off the table.

In fact, we didn't really care enough to try that hard. If we had sent version 4B from our personal statement library we definitely would have gotten in but who cares, I don't even care.

I'll start: Berkeley. Ding date: 01/14/10

Umm, I don't want to listen to global warming propaganda for three years anyway. I eat red meat. Back off peta, your toyota prius is burning dead animals too. Earthquakes. Too liberal. Volatile economy. Hippies. Whatever.
ArtVandelay wrote:Lightning round:

Penn: I didn't want to have to sleep with a gun for three years anyway
Mich: If I wanted to live in a failed state I'd move to Mexico and save myself $120k
UVA: Jokes on you dude, now I have more time to work on my biceps and keg stands
Gtown: A law school inside the Beltway? That sounds like the perfect recipe for ethical integrity
OrcinusOrcas wrote:Berkeley: Pedestrians are crazy, homeless homicidal maniacs or self-absorbed joggers/students too busy with their Ipods/group of giggly friends to pay attention to the mess of cars and buses zooming by. Getting around is a nightmare, I'm glad I won't have to deal with that crap anymore just trying to get to class (went there for UG). Also, too many crazy burnouts trolling the streets. Too many vegan restaurants. Too many people constantly handing me papers about how I should be making donations to save whoever. Campus is way too far away from nearest BART station or parking lot. All the classrooms I had sucked ass. Law school part of campus isn't particularly inspiring. And, most of all, it's way too far from my home town and I just got accepted to the best law school in my home town.

OH YEAH. Now I should set that to TOP THAT! TOP THAT! (circa the rap in Teen Witch from the 80's)

Sequoia90 wrote:Vandy knocked me onto the WL today...

Hey Tennessee! It's ok, you must have realized that you were my backup application. No hard feelings... I never really even wanted to spend 3 years in Tennessee anyways...
bstrunk wrote:Ding at University of Kentucky 1/25/10

- Lexington sucks
- I'm not a UK fan, unlike everyone else in the state
- Lexington sucks
BarbellDreams wrote:Ding at Cincinnati.

- Cincinnati? Who the hell wants to live, work, start a career in cincinnati?
- The Bengals suck.
- Your football team AND basketball always choke away the big game.
- Can you even point out Cincinnati on the map?
- I generally don't enjoy being (insert crime here: stabbed, shot, robbed, held up at gun point, etc.) hile walking to or from my law classes.
FuzzyKiwi wrote:waitlist at UCLA in December after applying ED.

Whatevs, since November I've decided I don't want to graduate law school with skin cancer, wearing UGGs (read: UGGs-ly) with a miniskirt in the middle of "winter", thinking Pinkberry is a food group.

Besides, I heard Tommy Trojan ate brown bears for his afternoon snacks.
reasonabledoubt wrote:A-Merican University. Dinged Last week. (thank you btw, I must have accidentally clicked "submit" instead of deleting the application) I thought I was applying to another American, George Washington.

I'll explain why I feel this way, WCL, American U, whatever your sponsorship makes you call yourselves these days.

First, as a nod to fellow TLS'ers, yes, your website is a study of 80's style programming. It defies logic that something sucking so bad digitally can, in turn, enhance how much it sucks in the analog world as well. It also sucks analogically, but that could just be coincidence.

Secondly, my figures were above your median but that's neither here nor there. (especially thankful it's not there) America, you dinged me - dinged by an American. I would feel like Iraq were it not for the fact you did me a favor by not tempting me with a bad decision simply because I like DC. However, I wouldn't like being unemployed in DC after you'd turn this silk tie into a sows ear. (nod to Scalia on this one)

I'll be taking this silk tie to my better (ranked and otherwise) options in less saturated legal markets.

TT you later, (as in your ranking in a few years)

Reasonable D.
lawhawk wrote:Georgetown. Today.

I had the absense of mind to whore myself. Part-time AND Early Decision. Ass is still bleeding.

But...

Not too upset. In my life I've never thought or worried about terrorist attacks nor have I had to worry about whether or not a street is lit enough to walk down. Why should I start now? Also, the Eastern Seaboard can have itself. I'll come out of UGA or UNC with similar prospects anyways. Rejection just saved me 100k. Thanks Andrew Cornblatt.
Zinn Man wrote:ND 1/28

Would it really be in poor taste to ask an application fee refund? It seems wrong to me that you have to pay to apply somewhere. Have you ever filled out a job application or submitted a resume, and then given the employer a $70 check for them to look at it? Has any employer ever asked you too? No. But, for some reason, higher education feels it is OK to do so. Further support to this idea of a refund is if you do get accepted, they always add that money towards your payment of tuition. But, I didn't get in. So, what is that money going towards? Scholarship for other people to attend? I wasn't applying to help other applicants. A school might say something to the effect of "caveat emptor," (buyer beware) but I didn't get anything. What have I gotten in return? Not only a rejection but now I am out $70.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”