Is no news, good news?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Re: Is no news, good news?

Postby feministchemist » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:46 pm

I think it means you are not an auto-reject, which is good news imo. It also means you are not an auto-admit, but on your reach schools you knew that would be the case anyway.

Postby clwilson6 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:18 pm

Doodsmack wrote:
clwilson6 wrote:What really confuses me is that I've been in review at more than 3 schools since November but haven't heard a word one way or the other. At this point, I'm assuming that they're waiting to reject/WL me either this month or in February. Some schools I've been complete at for over 2 months and haven't gone into the review process yet. I'm also assuming that these schools will most likely reject me to. However, all of these schools have already rejected other applicants so why would they wait to reject me also.

What on earth makes you think you're definitely going to be WLed or rejected at those schools? Why would they wait until later this month or Feb?

In my thinking, the schools are waiting to hear from those that have already accepted. Either they plan on attending or withdraw their application before the school open the doors to someone like me who isn't an auto-admit. This sounds to me like a waitlist waiting to happen, especially if the school doesn't know how many people with the numbers they want will attend. That's why they wait until later in the application cycle to see how many seats they have available and how the non auto-admit applicants will effect their numbers (basically yield protecting). Also, they will be better able to assess how the soft factors play into their class makeup.

Postby SanBun » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:09 pm

the answer to OP's question really depends on what school we're talking about

I am pretty sure that no news from UCLA is good news. They've had a pretty extensive weed out session and looking at LSN, the red dots are starting to balance out the green ones, which is a good sign for those of us still waiting

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”