Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:42 pm

CrimsonCal wrote:still waiting here... held in Feb, submitted Nov, and took Dec. LSAT

I actually had one of the vice deans at HLS talk to JR on my behalf
to push my application (long story on connection)... it was interesting
to hear what JR thought about my application

although I'm sure it prob won't make much difference in the end

so what did JR think?

lta
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby lta » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:43 pm

CrimsonCal wrote:still waiting here... held in Feb, submitted Nov, and took Dec. LSAT

I actually had one of the vice deans at HLS talk to JR on my behalf
to push my application (long story on connection)... it was interesting
to hear what JR thought about my application

although I'm sure it prob won't make much difference in the end


Which prompts one to wonder - what did JR think of your application?

User avatar
CrimsonCal
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby CrimsonCal » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:49 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:
CrimsonCal wrote:still waiting here... held in Feb, submitted Nov, and took Dec. LSAT

I actually had one of the vice deans at HLS talk to JR on my behalf
to push my application (long story on connection)... it was interesting
to hear what JR thought about my application

although I'm sure it prob won't make much difference in the end

so what did JR think?


said pretty much what I thought were my strengths and my BIG weaknesses...
namely, my science and patent background/ doctorate were good additions
to the school

but... my GPA and LSAT scores would make it difficult for him to push my
application through the committee

politics at HLS? who would have thought ;-)

User avatar
CrimsonCal
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby CrimsonCal » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:53 pm

CrimsonCal wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:
CrimsonCal wrote:still waiting here... held in Feb, submitted Nov, and took Dec. LSAT

I actually had one of the vice deans at HLS talk to JR on my behalf
to push my application (long story on connection)... it was interesting
to hear what JR thought about my application

although I'm sure it prob won't make much difference in the end

so what did JR think?


said pretty much what I thought were my strengths and my BIG weaknesses...
namely, my science and patent background/ doctorate were good additions
to the school

but... my GPA and LSAT scores would make it difficult for him to push my
application through the committee

politics at HLS? who would have thought ;-)


I also know they're a bit more generous to Harvard alums in terms of numbers... so maybe they didn't want to put me out to pasture too quickly

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:54 pm

,.,
Last edited by of Benito Cereno on Mon May 17, 2010 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:55 pm

CrimsonCal wrote:
CrimsonCal wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:
CrimsonCal wrote:still waiting here... held in Feb, submitted Nov, and took Dec. LSAT

I actually had one of the vice deans at HLS talk to JR on my behalf
to push my application (long story on connection)... it was interesting
to hear what JR thought about my application

although I'm sure it prob won't make much difference in the end

so what did JR think?


said pretty much what I thought were my strengths and my BIG weaknesses...
namely, my science and patent background/ doctorate were good additions
to the school

but... my GPA and LSAT scores would make it difficult for him to push my
application through the committee

politics at HLS? who would have thought ;-)


I also know they're a bit more generous to Harvard alums in terms of numbers... so maybe they didn't want to put me out to pasture too quickly

well that's how you grow an endowment.

User avatar
violaboy
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby violaboy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:56 pm

Officially withdrew and got an acknowledging reply. Peace out, kids.

azure
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:47 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby azure » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:04 pm

looks like today was a quiet day. still holding my breath. not sure if its defensible to hold out hold any more

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:15 pm

,.,
Last edited by of Benito Cereno on Mon May 17, 2010 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

wishfulnyc
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby wishfulnyc » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:23 pm

jan hold. still waiting.

mh7777
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby mh7777 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:24 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:
azure wrote:looks like today was a quiet day. still holding my breath. not sure if its defensible to hold out hold any more

me too, me too. I wonder how many more of us pending-holds their are left on TLS?
rollcall!



Present. Held 4/2.

User avatar
Consigliere
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Consigliere » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:29 pm

held since Groundhog day, no WL yet

User avatar
novacuseville
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby novacuseville » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:33 pm

Held in jan still waiting, no wl, no jr1

azure
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:47 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby azure » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:37 pm

apparently some dings have gone out

peeker82
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby peeker82 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:40 pm

azure wrote:apparently some dings have gone out


can we confirm this??


Held 4/2 as well.

azure
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:47 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby azure » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:42 pm

confirmed its on the Harvard 2010 thread on tls

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:42 pm

peeker82 wrote:
azure wrote:apparently some dings have gone out


can we confirm this??


Held 4/2 as well.

they don't seem to be holds (late applicants).

wishfulnyc
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby wishfulnyc » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:45 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:
peeker82 wrote:
azure wrote:apparently some dings have gone out


can we confirm this??


Held 4/2 as well.

they don't seem to be holds (late applicants).


agreed. they all went complete in feb.

azure
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:47 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby azure » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:47 pm

does it seem strange that they did hold WL then regular rejections....what about JR1s? or JR2s??

User avatar
CrimsonCal
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby CrimsonCal » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:47 pm

still waiting, it's like an Agatha Christie novel, one by one the knife falls on us

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:51 pm

CrimsonCal wrote:still waiting, it's like an Agatha Christie novel, one by one the knife falls on us

its that super secret committee...

amolson04
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:03 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby amolson04 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:53 pm

held 4/2. no jr1. still waiting. developing an ulcer.

amolson04
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:03 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby amolson04 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:53 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:
CrimsonCal wrote:still waiting, it's like an Agatha Christie novel, one by one the knife falls on us

its that super secret committee...


yeah, what do we know about how this committee works?

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:56 pm

,.,
Last edited by of Benito Cereno on Mon May 17, 2010 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CrimsonCal
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby CrimsonCal » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:58 pm

amolson04 wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:
CrimsonCal wrote:still waiting, it's like an Agatha Christie novel, one by one the knife falls on us

its that super secret committee...


yeah, what do we know about how this committee works?


I have this image of what the committee looked like in "legally blonde"

too bad they shot down my video essay, I had been working on my abs for months
and picked out the perfect pair of speedos




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, Gaaooo, Harry Ass Truman, jtawil, kvnrogers, lawnerd87, Nickel94, tlee13, XUMickeal and 10 guests