Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Emma. » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:15 pm

BenJ wrote:
emrose wrote:No WL for me today, but I'm guessing I'll hear in the next round of dings, since I didn't get around to sending a LOCI. :oops:


I don't think Harvard cares much about LOCIs. They know that, except for the 200-odd people who get into Yale, pretty much everyone who gets into Harvard will go.

I think it's worth pointing out that all of yesterday's waitlists went to people who submitted before Winter Break. I'm not sure if that means the post-Winter Break holds are still in contention for JR1s and JR2s, or if it just means that we're headed for the waitlist later on, but it's worth noting.

At least it gives them time to read my new LOR.


I submitted at the end of Oct/Beginning of Nov. Still no WL here.

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby BenJ » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:18 pm

Doesn't mean that was all of the pre-Winter Break WLs. Just that no one who submitted in January/late December has been waitlisted yet.

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Emma. » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:19 pm

BenJ wrote:Doesn't mean that was all of the pre-Winter Break WLs. Just that no one who submitted in January/late December has been waitlisted yet.


Gotcha.

Still, I won't be surprised by a ding.

User avatar
Legacy316
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 5:57 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Legacy316 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:21 pm

Add me to the list of waiters.

User avatar
jlh39
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby jlh39 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:23 pm

I was also just waitlisted. trying not to get too excited.

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:26 pm

I bet that pretty much all the no-JR1 hold will get waitlists (except for the 2 or 3 who retook the feb. lsat)... why not just send out the waitlist emails in january.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Unitas » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:27 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:I bet that pretty much all the no-JR1 hold will get waitlists (except for the 2 or 3 who retook the feb. lsat)... why not just send out the waitlist emails in january.


Think there is a difference on the WL for people with no-JR1 and people with a JR1?

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Unitas wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:I bet that pretty much all the no-JR1 hold will get waitlists (except for the 2 or 3 who retook the feb. lsat)... why not just send out the waitlist emails in january.


Think there is a difference on the WL for people with no-JR1 and people with a JR1?

at this point its just such a black box. i give up trying to guess.

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Core » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:54 pm

For the waitlisted: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=114945

User avatar
iminlstrick
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby iminlstrick » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:30 pm

No waitlist e-mail here either... mischief, all of it!

Edit: submitted app in Sept, held in January, for anyone's reference

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:36 pm

WLing on a Saturday? Damn, they putting some work.

I haven't heard anything yet. Which obviously means an acceptance is impending. :lol:

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby $1.99 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:47 pm

can all the folks who didnt hear anything post their stats and if they had a lot of softs? i want to know if we are heading for rejection or if this is good news.

i have a 171/3.9 with relatively strong softs for reference

User avatar
JetstoRJC
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby JetstoRJC » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:49 pm

Still held here as well. 171/3.75...nothing extraordinary soft wise. Submitted in November. No JR1

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28128
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Kronk » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:49 pm

I would definitely not assume good news. 173 / 3.9. I bet the waitlists are forthcoming.

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby BenJ » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:51 pm

178/3.78 with a prior LSAT score of 167. Nothing spectacular softs-wise. Submitted in late December (post-Dec LSAT scores), held w/o JR1 in late March.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28128
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Kronk » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:15 pm

WLed, withdrew. Good luck.

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Core » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:20 pm

Kronk wrote:WLed, withdrew. Good luck.

I haven't really followed your cycle, but I've read many of your posts. Did Berkeley match any of your other offers? What makes Berk your #1?

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:24 pm

WLed.

User avatar
Sakura3210
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:29 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Sakura3210 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:26 pm

Annnnd waitlist! Holy crap am I happy that wasn't a rejection :D Good luck to all of us!

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28128
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Kronk » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:27 pm

Core wrote:
Kronk wrote:WLed, withdrew. Good luck.

I haven't really followed your cycle, but I've seen your usually hilarious posts. Did Berkeley match any of your other offers? What makes Berk your #1?


Basically HYS were pending and I narrowed it down to Chicago and Boalt because I didn't like NYU enough when I visited. California is where I want to live (specifically the Bay Area) and I love Berkeley, so the only real reason I was considering Chicago was because of a couple of amazing professors I talked to and the fact that it is such a good school. Eventually I decided that wasn't enough though, and I think my quality of life for three years at Berkeley will be worth what I'm giving up in prestige. The Midwest just isn't my thing, and as amazing as Chicago is as a school and as phenomenal as their professors are, I just didn't like the vibe of the student body or the city in general. Obviously a really hard choice though, and if Berkeley ends up rejecting my matching request, I would definitely cringe while accepting their $74,000 a year COA.

Another thing is that Berkeley's grad programs in the social sciences are, without a doubt, the best in the nation and I want to get a JD / PhD.

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Core » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:49 pm

Kronk wrote:
Core wrote:
Kronk wrote:WLed, withdrew. Good luck.

I haven't really followed your cycle, but I've seen your usually hilarious posts. Did Berkeley match any of your other offers? What makes Berk your #1?


Basically HYS were pending and I narrowed it down to Chicago and Boalt because I didn't like NYU enough when I visited. California is where I want to live (specifically the Bay Area) and I love Berkeley, so the only real reason I was considering Chicago was because of a couple of amazing professors I talked to and the fact that it is such a good school. Eventually I decided that wasn't enough though, and I think my quality of life for three years at Berkeley will be worth what I'm giving up in prestige. The Midwest just isn't my thing, and as amazing as Chicago is as a school and as phenomenal as their professors are, I just didn't like the vibe of the student body or the city in general. Obviously a really hard choice though, and if Berkeley ends up rejecting my matching request, I would definitely cringe while accepting their $74,000 a year COA.

Another thing is that Berkeley's grad programs in the social sciences are, without a doubt, the best in the nation and I want to get a JD / PhD.

Makes sense. You definitely seem to have a really well-thought-out plan :)

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby BenJ » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:50 pm

And, waitlisted.

User avatar
invisiblesun
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby invisiblesun » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:54 pm

BenJ wrote:And, waitlisted.

What time?

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Emma. » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:56 pm

BenJ wrote:And, waitlisted.


Wow. Hard to believe with your numbers you won't get in eventually.

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:58 pm

,.,
Last edited by of Benito Cereno on Mon May 17, 2010 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: henryyou and 8 guests