Held By Harvard Club - 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hiromoto45

Silver

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Post by hiromoto45 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:54 pm

Last edited by hiromoto45 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hattori Hanzo

Silver

Post by Hattori Hanzo » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Joining the club with Qs: the email says I may want to let them know about upcoming deadlines for other schools. I have an April 1st deadline for Columbia. Should I mention that in the LOCI?

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:10 pm

$1.99 wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
$1.99 wrote:no new JR1s these days, i have given up on waiting for anything, i am going to go bury myself with PS3 games, see you all in April
With every passing day of reading your posts I can see us being roommates more and more….

On a side note my LOCI and LOR are complete as of today and I am going to be mailing them out overnight at 10 am tomorrow. Post office was closed when I arrived there today. I had a three hour conversation with the recommender and a review of all my material from his class, so I know this has to be a great LOR. If they had any intention of reconsidering my application with extra material this should do it for them. If it doesn’t do it, nothing ever would have.
lol i am a neat guy with entertaining interests, let's hope both of us get in so we can intellegently discuss how the series went to shit after they introduced the concept of super saiyan in the harvard law library after we study for contract law
Or we can discuss the disaster that is the GT series and how greed got in the way of a perfect conclusion, thus rendering the entire series a joke. Maybe we can sue them for attacking our sense of self?

Hiromoto45: You get an e-mail saying you are held.

Hattori Hanzo: I mentioned my deadlines to other schools.

NightHooded

New

Post by NightHooded » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:12 pm

I already asked but to ask again :mrgreen: How can they be holding people this late? Isn't this closed-pool applicant decision-making time?

ranovr32

Bronze

Post by ranovr32 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:45 pm

crackberry wrote:Ranovr - don't hold you're breath. You're getting rejected. hth
Crackberry eat my balls...

hth

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ranovr32

Bronze

Post by ranovr32 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:46 pm

Kakarot wrote:
$1.99 wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
$1.99 wrote:no new JR1s these days, i have given up on waiting for anything, i am going to go bury myself with PS3 games, see you all in April
With every passing day of reading your posts I can see us being roommates more and more….

On a side note my LOCI and LOR are complete as of today and I am going to be mailing them out overnight at 10 am tomorrow. Post office was closed when I arrived there today. I had a three hour conversation with the recommender and a review of all my material from his class, so I know this has to be a great LOR. If they had any intention of reconsidering my application with extra material this should do it for them. If it doesn’t do it, nothing ever would have.
lol i am a neat guy with entertaining interests, let's hope both of us get in so we can intellegently discuss how the series went to shit after they introduced the concept of super saiyan in the harvard law library after we study for contract law
Or we can discuss the disaster that is the GT series and how greed got in the way of a perfect conclusion, thus rendering the entire series a joke. Maybe we can sue them for attacking our sense of self?

I would say the series held on until SS2 was introduced but every view shall be credited.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:54 pm

ranovr32 wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
$1.99 wrote:
Kakarot wrote: With every passing day of reading your posts I can see us being roommates more and more….

I would say the series held on until SS2 was introduced but every view shall be credited.
SS2 was part of the original story arc "mangas" though and had a natural fit. Whereas GT was just made to capitalize on the fame of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. It never had the creative aspects or storlines of the originals. "It may very well be similar to how people that liked the original three Star Wars movies hated the new three, whereas this generation likes the new three movies and hates the old three." So, I will also agree to disagree until we can sit in a large library and have this discussion.

MagicallyDelicious

New

Post by MagicallyDelicious » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:59 pm

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:06 pm

i still remember watching goku go super saiyan against frieza after school one day and getting goosebumps for the rest of the year,i still sometimes pretend i am a super saiyan when i pump iron at the gym

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:12 pm

ranovr32 wrote:
crackberry wrote:Ranovr - don't hold you're breath. You're getting rejected. hth
Crackberry eat my balls...

hth
120 for creativity.

ranovr32

Bronze

Post by ranovr32 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:20 am

$1.99 wrote:i still remember watching goku go super saiyan against frieza after school one day and getting goosebumps for the rest of the year,i still sometimes pretend i am a super saiyan when i pump iron at the gym
Has anyone ever been in or witnessed a fist fight with 11 year olds where a kid shouts at the top of their lungs like they are powering up!!!!!????? (I have)

You can thank DBZ for that.

Also I do have to note that I stopped watching after Gohan got those mystic powers and fought Buu. I started getting really pissed about the whole fact that Goku was dead but coming back to fight, gotanks or whatever etc.

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:22 am

a quick question: would i lose the respect of my classmates and the university if i brought along my dragonball z action figure collection for my dorm room or would they respect my individuality?

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:32 am

$1.99 wrote:a quick question: would i lose the respect of my classmates and the university if i brought along my dragonball z action figure collection for my dorm room or would they respect my individuality?
Guys will respect your individuality and girls will laugh at you? To lose all respect of classmates would likely take you bringing the figures to class and acting out scenes.

I’ve never had any of the toys. Instead I have a lot of the games, cloth posters, DVDs, and comics.
ranovr32 wrote:Has anyone ever been in or witnessed a fist fight with 11 year olds where a kid shouts at the top of their lungs like they are powering up!!!!!????? (I have)

You can thank DBZ for that.
Ok, that is comedic gold. Imagine if you could get a tape of it and post it on youtube.

About to overnight my stuff to HLS, hoping they care.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:25 am

$1.99 wrote:a quick question: would i lose the respect of my classmates and the university if i brought along my dragonball z action figure collection for my dorm room or would they respect my individuality?
I would think you're awesome.

of Benito Cereno

Silver

Post by of Benito Cereno » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:42 am

dorm room?

dudester

Bronze

Post by dudester » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:51 am

Kakarot wrote:
[strike]Guys[/strike] Dorks will respect your individuality and girls will laugh at you? To lose all respect of classmates would likely take you bringing the figures to class and acting out scenes.
FTFY

summerstar

Bronze

Post by summerstar » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:04 pm

oh k-rot et al, I think this is hysterical in the Harvard thread.

i think you should bring the figures to orientation.

( sorry, just poking my head in from the other side of the abyss, the TTT threads)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:07 pm

ok guys thanks for the input, if i get in, i will seriously bring them, just don't judge me by my posts on TLS when you see me in person because i flamed and trolled a bit when i was bored from waiting on harvard (i am a victim of the system)
just one rule: never touch the figures, just look only or i will go postal on your ass

kakarot, you bring the cloth posters and games so we can have a tourney

ranovr, we will have a super saiyan fight in the cafeteria

dudester, you are missing out bro

ranovr32

Bronze

Post by ranovr32 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:41 pm

$1.99 wrote:ok guys thanks for the input, if i get in, i will seriously bring them, just don't judge me by my posts on TLS when you see me in person because i flamed and trolled a bit when i was bored from waiting on harvard (i am a victim of the system)
just one rule: never touch the figures, just look only or i will go postal on your ass

awesomeness

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:47 pm

$1.99 wrote:ok guys thanks for the input, if i get in, i will seriously bring them, just don't judge me by my posts on TLS when you see me in person because i flamed and trolled a bit when i was bored from waiting on harvard (i am a victim of the system)

How did I miss this post, it is so filled with awesomeness.... We could have anime nights and everything.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:02 pm

Wow, you guys are so.....special.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:11 pm

sorry crackberry, for people who do not go to stanford, this is our limit in terms of our value to society

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:14 pm

crackberry wrote:Wow, you guys are so.....special.

Get involved Crackberry:
http://newtype.stanford.edu/

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:21 pm

lol good find

nattybro

Bronze

Post by nattybro » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:35 pm

I have no idea what the past page of this thread has been about, but I was held Thursday after being under review for 3+ months.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”