Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
iminlstrick

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby iminlstrick » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:09 pm

Hrm, this makes it tricky for people who have received major scholarships from other schools and now have deadlines to accept those scholarships and a place at that school. So, if we don't hear back from HLS before the end of April and we have a seat deposit/scholarship/some other deadline then, do we just send them a message explaining or how does that work?

CordeliusX

Postby CordeliusX » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Is there a way to turn off the "new post" indicator? Because I'm out of the running for H and yet I keep checking it and getting fired up :mrgreen:

Anyway, I DID read the post and found this as freaky
and many of you seem to have a lot of time to spend on TLS.

He knows of TLS' existence!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

It sounds to me like a lot of Held people will be admitted... not all, but I got the impression a good chunk. if that makes you feel any better.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:16 pm

CordeliusX wrote:Anyway, I DID read the post and found this as freaky

JR ain't got nothin' on Asha.

Havaianas

Postby Havaianas » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:35 pm

crackberry wrote:
CordeliusX wrote:Anyway, I DID read the post and found this as freaky

Appreciated the post but not at all surprised that they check out TLS - wouldn't you? I mean professors and teachers check out their ratings on ratemyprofessor.com and restaurants read their reviews on yelp and urbanspoon. TLS "Held by Harvard" Thread would be a great place to look if you were an adcomm looking to see what the information is about your admissions process. (And also how misinformed, obsessed, and hopeful we are.)

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:38 pm

Ok I am in here now, fun. I will be sending a LOCI “including newly found out class rank, clearing up one thing in my application, and some stuff about why I like Harvard”, targeted LOR, and a videotape of me in a swim suit professing my undying love of Harvard. Any other suggestions?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:44 pm

Kakarot wrote:Ok I am in here now, fun. I will be sending a LOCI “including newly found out class rank, clearing up one thing in my application, and some stuff about why I like Harvard”, targeted LOR, and a videotape of me in a swim suit professing my undying love of Harvard. Any other suggestions?

Are you female? If so, I will PM you my email and you can send me the video first for me to proof before it goes to HLS.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:46 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kakarot wrote:Ok I am in here now, fun. I will be sending a LOCI “including newly found out class rank, clearing up one thing in my application, and some stuff about why I like Harvard”, targeted LOR, and a videotape of me in a swim suit professing my undying love of Harvard. Any other suggestions?

Are you female? If so, I will PM you my email and you can send me the video first for me to proof before it goes to HLS.

Sadly no, I am male. Which will make pulling off the two piece that much harder.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:47 pm

Kakarot wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Sadly no, I am male. Which will make pulling off the two piece that much harder.

I recommend nixing this part of your plan then.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:49 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
crackberry wrote:

I recommend nixing this part of your plan then.

It worked for Elle Woods. Are you saying HLS is sexist?

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:50 pm

crackberry wrote:I recommend nixing this part of your plan then.

He could "nix" something else, too.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:52 pm

Kakarot wrote:It worked for Elle Woods. Are you saying HLS is sexist?

I bet JR would rather see Reese Witherspoon in a bikini than a random dude.

GlobeTrotter

Postby GlobeTrotter » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:36 am

Do we know when JR starts to review the held applicants? I haven't sent in my LOCI yet but I want to make sure I get it in before he hits my app. Thanks

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:40 am

GlobeTrotter wrote:Do we know when JR starts to review the held applicants? I haven't sent in my LOCI yet but I want to make sure I get it in before he hits my app. Thanks

He already is and has set up JR1's and JR2's for some held applicants. I assume they were held early, but maybe not.

GlobeTrotter

Postby GlobeTrotter » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:03 am

Kakarot wrote:
GlobeTrotter wrote:Do we know when JR starts to review the held applicants? I haven't sent in my LOCI yet but I want to make sure I get it in before he hits my app. Thanks

He already is and has set up JR1's and JR2's for some held applicants. I assume they were held early, but maybe not.

Yikes

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:07 am

GlobeTrotter wrote:
Kakarot wrote:

Yikes

Sorry, I should have linked you here: --LinkRemoved--

JR answers some questions about being held.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:51 pm

For those that sent in a LOCI and LOR. Did you send them together? Like in one package, but with the LOR in a signed envelope inside the larger envelope? I want to save on shipping costs, and see no reason to send two letters if I can just send one.

MagicallyDelicious

Postby MagicallyDelicious » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:56 pm

I'm also impatiently awaiting my (hopefully) upcoming JR1...I got held and then retook in Feb., and got a score that was either Yale or Harvard's 75th ( :wink: ), and I have a high 3.8, so I'm thinking I should be good for a JR1...but it is late in the cycle...does the fact that it's March significantly hurt my chances?

Dtackpat75

Postby Dtackpat75 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:59 pm

Kakarot wrote:For those that sent in a LOCI and LOR. Did you send them together? Like in one package, but with the LOR in a signed envelope inside the larger envelope? I want to save on shipping costs, and see no reason to send two letters if I can just send one.

Exactly what I did.

MagicallyDelicious

Postby MagicallyDelicious » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:25 am

So....any new JR1 e-mails in the recent past? It seems all quiet on the held fron

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:35 pm

no new JR1s these days, i have given up on waiting for anything, i am going to go bury myself with PS3 games, see you all in April

NightHooded

Postby NightHooded » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:22 pm

$1.99 wrote:no new JR1s these days, i have given up on waiting for anything, i am going to go bury myself with PS3 games, see you all in April

On the Harvard 2010 thread someone said they just got held, a late applicant. What does this imply about how long the holding pool will last? This is getting really drawn out.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:37 pm

$1.99 wrote:no new JR1s these days, i have given up on waiting for anything, i am going to go bury myself with PS3 games, see you all in April

With every passing day of reading your posts I can see us being roommates more and more….

On a side note my LOCI and LOR are complete as of today and I am going to be mailing them out overnight at 10 am tomorrow. Post office was closed when I arrived there today. I had a three hour conversation with the recommender and a review of all my material from his class, so I know this has to be a great LOR. If they had any intention of reconsidering my application with extra material this should do it for them. If it doesn’t do it, nothing ever would have.

ranovr32

Postby ranovr32 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:32 pm

Kakarot wrote:

With every passing day of reading your posts I can see us being roommates more and more….

On a side note my LOCI and LOR are complete as of today and I am going to be mailing them out overnight at 10 am tomorrow. Post office was closed when I arrived there today. I had a three hour conversation with the recommender and a review of all my material from his class, so I know this has to be a great LOR. If they had any intention of reconsidering my application with extra material this should do it for them. If it doesn’t do it, nothing ever would have.

Geeeeeeeeeezz this is taking a pretty long time.... Anyone have an idea/guess when there will be some jr1's and or waitlists given out. Oh yeah I guess some rejections are inevitable as well but, what was the point of holding us then

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:44 pm

Ranovr - don't hold you're breath. You're getting rejected. hth

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Kakarot wrote:

lol i am a neat guy with entertaining interests, let's hope both of us get in so we can intellegently discuss how the series went to shit after they introduced the concept of super saiyan in the harvard law library after we study for contract law

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”