Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:40 pm

adasd
Last edited by of Benito Cereno on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Havaianas
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Havaianas » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:41 pm

PoorOrpheus wrote:
lightbulb1986 wrote:what do u guys think the difference is between JR1-hold and NOJR1-hold?

This is total conjecture but I would think that JR1-holds are in a better position overall, but that a hold-JR1 means you're very likely in.


what makes you say that?...

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby georgina » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:44 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:also, anybody think JR will care that letting me in would let me be with my harvard phd student (next year) fiance?


yea i was going to respond in the other thread. i do think they'd care, but i think they'd care more if you were already married. get married, for the sake of your apps! but in more seriousness, there was this LSN profile i saw once where some guy tried to transfer to HLS because his spouse was there, and he got in easily, or something like that.

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:50 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:
lightbulb1986 wrote:what do u guys think the difference is between JR1-hold and NOJR1-hold?

hard to say as most JR1-hold people come from very early in the cycle when JR had fewer files and was more likely to call borderline candidates. The same people might very well not have gotten a call a month later and vice versa for the no JR1s.

+1

User avatar
PoorOrpheus
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby PoorOrpheus » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:51 pm

georgina wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:also, anybody think JR will care that letting me in would let me be with my harvard phd student (next year) fiance?


yea i was going to respond in the other thread. i do think they'd care, but i think they'd care more if you were already married. get married, for the sake of your apps! but in more seriousness, there was this LSN profile i saw once where some guy tried to transfer to HLS because his spouse was there, and he got in easily, or something like that.


I remembered seeing that profile too and found it: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/diabede

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby georgina » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:56 pm

PoorOrpheus wrote:
georgina wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:also, anybody think JR will care that letting me in would let me be with my harvard phd student (next year) fiance?


yea i was going to respond in the other thread. i do think they'd care, but i think they'd care more if you were already married. get married, for the sake of your apps! but in more seriousness, there was this LSN profile i saw once where some guy tried to transfer to HLS because his spouse was there, and he got in easily, or something like that.


I remembered seeing that profile too and found it: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/diabede


good find. do you think if i went and found someone in boston to marry right now it would change my hold situation? hmm...

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:05 pm

afsd
Last edited by of Benito Cereno on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby lz06 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:24 pm

PoorOrpheus wrote:
lightbulb1986 wrote:what do u guys think the difference is between JR1-hold and NOJR1-hold?

This is total conjecture but I would think that JR1-holds are in a better position overall, but that a hold-JR1 means you're very likely in.


Agreed. Not because of any reasoning behind it, just because I want you to be right lol :D

User avatar
Havaianas
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Havaianas » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:32 pm

lz06 wrote:
PoorOrpheus wrote:
lightbulb1986 wrote:what do u guys think the difference is between JR1-hold and NOJR1-hold?

This is total conjecture but I would think that JR1-holds are in a better position overall, but that a hold-JR1 means you're very likely in.


Agreed. Not because of any reasoning behind it, just because I want you to be right lol :D


+1000

aad
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:49 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby aad » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:05 pm

Has anybody tried to send in an addressed and stamped postcard with materials mailed to their office? And, if so, how long did it take for that to get back to you?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:32 pm

aad wrote:Has anybody tried to send in an addressed and stamped postcard with materials mailed to their office? And, if so, how long did it take for that to get back to you?

I did this and while my LOR has posted to my status checker (on 2/1), I have yet to receive the postcard (I live in SF).

aad
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:49 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby aad » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:49 pm

crackberry wrote:
aad wrote:Has anybody tried to send in an addressed and stamped postcard with materials mailed to their office? And, if so, how long did it take for that to get back to you?

I did this and while my LOR has posted to my status checker (on 2/1), I have yet to receive the postcard (I live in SF).


Thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately no such luck for my status checker. Though that could be due to the fact that there is no distinct spot there for an LOCI whereas there is a place for LORs.

User avatar
sundevil77
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:34 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby sundevil77 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:56 pm

Crackberry, how many business days did it take for the LOR to post to your status checker after sending it?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:09 pm

sundevil77 wrote:Crackberry, how many business days did it take for the LOR to post to your status checker after sending it?

Sent 1/29, posted 2/1. I sent it Priority Mail though.

And @aad: I sent my LOCI and LOR in the same big envelope so I just assume they've gotten the LOCI since the LOR is posted to my status checker.

User avatar
Reinhardt
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 2:27 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Reinhardt » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:50 am

JR or Harvard admissions staff, if you're reading this, you are wonderful people and I love you. (You never know, right? Especially in light of the Testmasters fiasco)

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Core » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:26 am

msoftceo wrote:JR or Harvard admissions staff, if you're reading this, you are wonderful people and I love you. (You never know, right? Especially in light of the Testmasters fiasco)

Que?

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby georgina » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:10 am

Core wrote:
msoftceo wrote:JR or Harvard admissions staff, if you're reading this, you are wonderful people and I love you. (You never know, right? Especially in light of the Testmasters fiasco)

Que?


you missed it?! well, it seems the thread was deleted (thank goodness for that poster).

recap: poster was granted interview for teaching at TM, poster sought interview help on TLS, TM rescinded interview offer via unprofessional email (using terms like "TTT" and "cool) citing TLS posts, poster notified mods, mods posted email, TLS community was appalled that a poster's ID had somehow been figured out (but i mean, come on, it's not that difficult in many cases), TM program director came on TLS, TM director explained reason for rejection was that seeking to "game the interview process" shows poor character, TM director revealed poster's IRL name and posted poster's likewise unprofessional email response to rejection, TLS community was appalled at unprofessionalism of TM, TM program director banned, TLS swears to boycott TM, someone in the middle of the night got back on TLS and posted more revealing info about the poster, everything got wiped off TLS but is still in google cache.

moral: be careful what you post, TM is extremely unprofessional, and google cache is scary.

User avatar
Havaianas
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Havaianas » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:39 pm

[/quote]
aad wrote:Has anybody tried to send in an addressed and stamped postcard with materials mailed to their office? And, if so, how long did it take for that to get back to you?


My postcards were stamped about a week later and took like 10 days to get back to me.
Last edited by Havaianas on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
violaboy
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby violaboy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:26 pm

Extra LOR is almost done. Here's to hope.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby crackberry » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:10 pm

Got my self-addressed, stamped postcard back in the mail from HLS today. And now I wait (again).

aad
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:49 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby aad » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:44 pm

crackberry wrote:Got my self-addressed, stamped postcard back in the mail from HLS today. And now I wait (again).


Got mine back today! I'm hoping the next thing coming from their office to my home is much larger.

User avatar
amputatedbrain
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby amputatedbrain » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:37 am

Do they keep doing the JR1--->JR2 thing even for the late acceptances into March/April/May that any hold-->accepts would probably get. Or at some point do they just say F*** it and just mail the packet . . . or is this just another big unknown of the hold process this year?

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Kretzy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:42 am

Another week, looking for action. Stop treating us like we're cheap hookers, Harvard, and let us in :)

User avatar
amputatedbrain
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby amputatedbrain » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:47 am

Kretzy wrote:Another week, looking for action. Stop treating us like we're cheap hookers, Harvard, and let us in :)


We're not even cheap hookers for Harvard. In fact, we're paying them :(

I don't know what that makes us.

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:59 am

so I'm sending new LOR directly to the harvard office (not using lsac because its coming from Europe and I want the letter to arrive asap; its a great letter and at this point time really is an issue). However, not sure exactly how to do it. Has anyone else successfully sent a new LOR directly to Harvard and if so did you send a signed lsac contract with the letter or did you just send the letter alone.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 5 guests