Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
fidesverita
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby fidesverita » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:04 am

iminlstrick wrote:To answer the earlier question, yea I sent in a LOCI and two strong, tenured academic letters immediately. Also updated the file recently with a note on a major international award that I've been recently nominated as a finalist for (wow horrible sentence) and my dissertation adviser sent a short but strong note describing the graduate work I've done for him. Honestly, I might as well have applied for the Rhodes given how much ish I sent the H-bomb. Maybe overkill, but whatever, when I want something I go all out, like it or leave it.


Just curious, how many total LORs do you have?

Yeah, I think I've decided a fourth letter could be overkill... I'm currently debating sending in a letter from my employer for a new job... but employer LORs seem to carry less weight.

cherrycokezero
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:13 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby cherrycokezero » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:16 am

Long time listener, first time poster. Just wanted to toss my hat into the ring! Applied Oct --> held Jan (no JR-1)... still waiting...

User avatar
swampthang
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby swampthang » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:49 am

cherrycokezero wrote:Long time listener, first time poster. Just wanted to toss my hat into the ring! Applied Oct --> held Jan (no JR-1)... still waiting...


The Wait makes people do crazy things. Numeros? Softs?

cherrycokezero
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:13 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby cherrycokezero » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:21 am

swampthang wrote:
cherrycokezero wrote:Long time listener, first time poster. Just wanted to toss my hat into the ring! Applied Oct --> held Jan (no JR-1)... still waiting...


The Wait makes people do crazy things. Numeros? Softs?


<25th LSAT, median GPA. HYP UG. Strong WE/softs. (not sure which other acronyms I'm missing :? )

It's the combination of wait + really scary rejection storm yesterday. lost a bit of hope for the WL security blanket...

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Unitas » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:41 am

cherrycokezero wrote:
swampthang wrote:
cherrycokezero wrote:Long time listener, first time poster. Just wanted to toss my hat into the ring! Applied Oct --> held Jan (no JR-1)... still waiting...


The Wait makes people do crazy things. Numeros? Softs?


<25th LSAT, median GPA. HYP UG. Strong WE/softs. (not sure which other acronyms I'm missing :? )

It's the combination of wait + really scary rejection storm yesterday. lost a bit of hope for the WL security blanket...


WL is not a security blanket. Think of it more as being swaddled so tight as not to be able to get out and then thrown into a pool of jello. You may feel secure, but yea you are going to most likely drown in a drawn out matter...

EDIT: can you drown in jello? hmm...

EDIT 2: My little story also assumes you will at least take a while to sink in the jello. I doubt that is true either.. My story is horrid. Oh well.

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby blue5385 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:42 am

Unitas wrote:
cherrycokezero wrote:
swampthang wrote:
cherrycokezero wrote:Long time listener, first time poster. Just wanted to toss my hat into the ring! Applied Oct --> held Jan (no JR-1)... still waiting...


The Wait makes people do crazy things. Numeros? Softs?


<25th LSAT, median GPA. HYP UG. Strong WE/softs. (not sure which other acronyms I'm missing :? )

It's the combination of wait + really scary rejection storm yesterday. lost a bit of hope for the WL security blanket...


WL is not a security blanket. Think of it more as being swaddled so tight as not to be able to get out and then thrown into a pool of jello. You may feel secure, but yea you are going to most likely drown in a drawn out matter...

EDIT: can you drown in jello? hmm...

EDIT 2: My little story also assumes you will at least take a while to sink in the jello. I doubt that is true either.. My story is horrid. Oh well.


your story is made even worse by the fact that you used the word 'swaddled,' which makes me think of a baby, and I don't like to think of babies drowning in pools of jello because they're cute.

User avatar
AdmiralNelson
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby AdmiralNelson » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:00 am

So....

What's on tap for today? A fresh batch of ding? I'd like to get this over with. Go ahead. Make my day.

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby somewhatwayward » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:05 pm

are they gonna finish up this week?....seems like radio silence today :(

i love you, HLS (why is there no lovey face????)

examplepdf
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby examplepdf » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:20 pm

AdmiralNelson wrote:So....

What's on tap for today? A fresh batch of ding? I'd like to get this over with. Go ahead. Make my day.


AdmiralNelson, you are my favorite, esp. after your Lost comment. I hope you stick around the thread for awhile.

User avatar
AdmiralNelson
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby AdmiralNelson » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:35 pm

examplepdf wrote:
AdmiralNelson wrote:So....

What's on tap for today? A fresh batch of ding? I'd like to get this over with. Go ahead. Make my day.


AdmiralNelson, you are my favorite, esp. after your Lost comment. I hope you stick around the thread for awhile.


Will you write me a LOR? :D

legalnoeagle
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby legalnoeagle » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Ding!
Good luck everyone.

peeker82
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby peeker82 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Expected Dinger... glad to be put out of my misery tho... hang in there people, looks like another bloodbath today. Good Luck!

User avatar
AdmiralNelson
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby AdmiralNelson » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Ding.

Farewell.

wishfulnyc
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby wishfulnyc » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:54 pm

Long-awaited ding ... time to get off these forums and get on with my life

good luck to everyone still waiting!

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby existenz » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:59 pm

Ding ding ding!

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby blue5385 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:02 pm

whoa...bloodbath. sorry guys.

legalnoeagle
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby legalnoeagle » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:07 pm

blue5385 wrote:whoa...bloodbath. sorry guys.


I'm glad they just put me out of my misery!

wishfulnyc
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby wishfulnyc » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:12 pm

legalnoeagle wrote:
blue5385 wrote:whoa...bloodbath. sorry guys.


I'm glad they just put me out of my misery!


agree ... never had much hope for myself, considering my sub-par stats. Also don't know if my nerves could have handled riding out a waitlist (had no realistic chance of getting off it eithr, considering the caliber of applicants being waitlisted)

examplepdf
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby examplepdf » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:12 pm

AdmiralNelson wrote:Ding.

Farewell.


Noooo! :cry:

blue, I'm scared... you're still here, right..?

User avatar
eattrucks
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby eattrucks » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Blue is already on the WL.

Is there anyone pending after all this?

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby clintonius » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:19 pm

Yes.

lta
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby lta » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:19 pm

ugh...sorry guys... would've like y'all to keep me company in my summer misery

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Unitas » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Sorry to the dings today.....

What happened to invisiblesun???

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby blue5385 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:23 pm

examplepdf wrote:
AdmiralNelson wrote:Ding.

Farewell.


Noooo! :cry:

blue, I'm scared... you're still here, right..?


in a manner of speaking...I'm on the WL, like eattrucks pointed out. take heart though, you're alive through the whole first week of waitlists/dings!

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby blue5385 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:23 pm

Unitas wrote:Sorry to the dings today.....

What happened to invisiblesun???


I was wondering this too... he probably got his JR2 and is busy planning his move to Cambridge :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: harmcharm, hweigel, lawlessmd, Snowjon and 21 guests