Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby existenz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:32 am

Sub-median LSAT and GPA
Held in March
No JR1
Still waiting for WL/ding email

User avatar
iminlstrick
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby iminlstrick » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:51 am

Applied in Sept., Held in January, Rejected just now. That one hurt, but it's alright, good luck to those who remain!

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby blue5385 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 am

iminlstrick wrote:Applied in Sept., Held in January, Rejected just now. That one hurt, but it's alright, good luck to those who remain!


sorry about the rejection. :(

good luck at whichever school you're choosing!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby r6_philly » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:54 am

blue5385 wrote:
iminlstrick wrote:Applied in Sept., Held in January, Rejected just now. That one hurt, but it's alright, good luck to those who remain!


sorry about the rejection. :(

good luck at whichever school you're choosing!


:( sorry. You do have great options. So where would you go?

User avatar
iminlstrick
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby iminlstrick » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:55 am

r6_philly wrote:
blue5385 wrote:
iminlstrick wrote:Applied in Sept., Held in January, Rejected just now. That one hurt, but it's alright, good luck to those who remain!


sorry about the rejection. :(

good luck at whichever school you're choosing!


:( sorry. You do have great options. So where would you go?



Mm right now it's really a toss up between Columbia, Chicago, and Michigan. Waiting to hear back on financial aid at the first two, but we'll see.

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby blue5385 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:56 am

iminlstrick wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
blue5385 wrote:
iminlstrick wrote:Applied in Sept., Held in January, Rejected just now. That one hurt, but it's alright, good luck to those who remain!


sorry about the rejection. :(

good luck at whichever school you're choosing!


:( sorry. You do have great options. So where would you go?



Mm right now it's really a toss up between Columbia, Chicago, and Michigan. Waiting to hear back on financial aid at the first two, but we'll see.


pick CLS.........

User avatar
joshhoward
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:07 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby joshhoward » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:19 pm

applied in december, held in march, deeeeeeenied today.

turns out i'm doing TFA anyways, so I get to reapply later.

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby TheWire » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:22 pm

Sorry for the insensitive post...

Snail mail or e-mail?

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:24 pm

ugh, are we all going to get rejected. lame.
also, people who received rejections today: did you add materials (letters etc) to your file after being held?

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby blue5385 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:29 pm

kingabraham3 wrote:applied in december, held in march, deeeeeeenied today.

turns out i'm doing TFA anyways, so I get to reapply later.


sorry about the rejection, but grats on TFA! my friends who are doing it now all like it, even though the first couple months were a bit of an adjustment.

User avatar
joshhoward
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:07 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby joshhoward » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:33 pm

blue5385 wrote:
kingabraham3 wrote:applied in december, held in march, deeeeeeenied today.

turns out i'm doing TFA anyways, so I get to reapply later.


sorry about the rejection, but grats on TFA! my friends who are doing it now all like it, even though the first couple months were a bit of an adjustment.

thanks!...and yeah, that's what they say.

just got rejection email 30 minutes ago. I sent an extra letter several weeks ago, but I only sent them a LOCI a week ago (Priority mail, so they did get it by last Friday).

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby existenz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:43 pm

kingabraham3 wrote:applied in december, held in march, deeeeeeenied today.

turns out i'm doing TFA anyways, so I get to reapply later.

Similar numbers to me, similar timeframe, now I'm expecting the ding today. Damn, would have liked at least one WL in the T3.

hesitantstyle
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby hesitantstyle » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:59 pm

Pick U of C

NightHooded
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:56 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby NightHooded » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:04 pm

Rejecting this late is just mean. I mean... no "dignity" of a waitlist?

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:06 pm

NightHooded wrote:Rejecting this late is just mean. I mean... no "dignity" of a waitlist?

Yea, I don't see why they would just pick like 10% of the hold pool to reject... seems a little mean.
maybe they don't waitlist people with darrows or something (is their a deadline to accept or something...)

User avatar
AdmiralNelson
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby AdmiralNelson » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:07 pm

hesitantstyle wrote:Pick U of C


Yes, do this.



(full disclosure: I am currently pending at Columbia lol)

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:14 pm

blah, we're all getting rejected. i really don't understand they're procedure here...

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby r6_philly » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:18 pm

There is a reported waitlist today, although no decision date. Maybe they are still picking through the files and everyone is getting rejected? I hope?

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:24 pm

you hope?

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby clintonius » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:31 pm

Am I allowed to be in here if I'm a no-hold (and no-JR1, no-nothin')? I've not heard word one since the complete e-mail in early March.

User avatar
odiero
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:49 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby odiero » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:36 pm

'nother rejection. email at 1145, EST.

application acknowledgment: 12/08
application complete: 1/14
held: 3/15

after getting the hold email, submitted a LOCI and two extra LORs -- the latter processed 4/05 and 4/16.

both LSAT and GPA below median. rejection certainly not a surprise.

i don't think we're all getting rejected! hang in there y'all!

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby somewhatwayward » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:41 pm

i have this emotional cycle i go through every day where i am happy to miss the WLs and rejections that start coming at at 11 or 12 but then by one or two, i start to remember that if i'm gonna get a JR2, it is supposed to come pretty soon and then it is four or five with no call, and i know i have to dread the e-mail coming the next day....ugh....

User avatar
AdmiralNelson
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby AdmiralNelson » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:42 pm

odiero wrote:'nother rejection. email at 1145, EST.

application acknowledgment: 12/08
application complete: 1/14
held: 3/15

after getting the hold email, submitted a LOCI and two extra LORs -- the latter processed 4/05 and 4/16.

both LSAT and GPA below median. rejection certainly not a surprise.

i don't think we're all getting rejected! hang in there y'all!



Sorry about that.

User avatar
odiero
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:49 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby odiero » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:51 pm

AdmiralNelson wrote:
odiero wrote:'nother rejection. email at 1145, EST.

application acknowledgment: 12/08
application complete: 1/14
held: 3/15

after getting the hold email, submitted a LOCI and two extra LORs -- the latter processed 4/05 and 4/16.

both LSAT and GPA below median. rejection certainly not a surprise.

i don't think we're all getting rejected! hang in there y'all!



Sorry about that.


Kind of a relief, actually. But thanks.

Best of luck to you.

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:54 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:i have this emotional cycle i go through every day where i am happy to miss the WLs and rejections that start coming at at 11 or 12 but then by one or two, i start to remember that if i'm gonna get a JR2, it is supposed to come pretty soon and then it is four or five with no call, and i know i have to dread the e-mail coming the next day....ugh....

at least you had a jr1.
i let myself get all convinced that the material i sent after my hold was just so compelling that I really stood a shot at getting in. then i pretty much gave up as the months went on. then a week of sheer terror everyday followed by minor euphoria around 5 and letting myself get convinced I was under special consideration on some imaginary committee. now i'm just waiting for the rejection to come.
also, is there anyone else who thinks they have a decent shot at not getting rejected. Is there anyone with non-auto reject numbers (a combination of a gpa above 3.5 and an lsat above 170)? anyone with an lsat or gpa above the 75th? anyone with decent numbers with an interesting application? I'm grasping at straws here...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”