Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Havaianas
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Havaianas » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:12 pm

woooo hooo!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IM IN THIS CLUB!!!!!!!!
So now LOCI, extra rec, my first born, anything else?....

Legalite
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Legalite » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:59 pm

...
Last edited by Legalite on Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Havaianas
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Havaianas » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:11 pm

I vote we think positively! Acceptances by next week! Or at least long enough for my LOCI and rec to get there.

Legalite
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Legalite » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:15 pm

...
Last edited by Legalite on Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

hiro86
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby hiro86 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:17 pm

Is there any point in sending in a LOCI if we have nothing new to say?

User avatar
amputatedbrain
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby amputatedbrain » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:23 pm

The e-mail did say final decisions could happen at any time! I'm sure if anyone bothers to call they'll just read the same script that's in the email. We need somebody on the inside.

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby ShibaDan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:52 am

Havaianas wrote:I vote we think positively! Acceptances by next week! Or at least long enough for my LOCI and rec to get there.


+1 I hope my additional materials get there before they decide to ding me. I asked an old professor for an additional letter today, hopefully she can have it done and in by mid-feb.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby crackberry » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:24 am

I can't believe no one has commented on the awesome ambiguity of this username:
stopscreaming wrote:Also held. No JR1. Can't decide whether that is good or not.

Also, I belong here.

Submitted 9/15
UR 9/28
JR 1 11/3
Held 1/15

Still haven't decided if I'm gonna send in an additional LOR and a LOCI. I really can't imagine turning down Stanford for Harvard, so what's the point? Eh, I don't know. I'm conflicted.

Kretzy - same boat?

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Core » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:16 am

crackberry wrote:I can't believe no one has commented on the awesome ambiguity of this username:
stopscreaming wrote:Also held. No JR1. Can't decide whether that is good or not.

Also, I belong here.

Submitted 9/15
UR 9/28
JR 1 11/3
Held 1/15

Still haven't decided if I'm gonna send in an additional LOR and a LOCI. I really can't imagine turning down Stanford for Harvard, so what's the point? Eh, I don't know. I'm conflicted.

Kretzy - same boat?

Send it. You never know and may regret not doing it later.

User avatar
Havaianas
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Havaianas » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:28 am

wow - the fact that I'm in the same boat as someone who is into Stanford gives me incredible hope.

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby ShibaDan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:31 am

Havaianas wrote:wow - the fact that I'm in the same boat as someone who is into Stanford gives me incredible hope.


Yeah that or incredible despair that there's no way in hell I'm getting in. Although to be fair I didn't apply to YS

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Nom Sawyer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:39 am

swimbrad wrote:JR1 yesterday... held today... talk about an emotional rollercoaster

/Harvard dream after such a quick turnaround


Wow that's rough man... never heard of such a fast hold after JR1

choculamaviva
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 12:22 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby choculamaviva » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:43 am

If you've had a JR1, is it better to be held, or not held?

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Kretzy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:55 pm

crackberry wrote:I can't believe no one has commented on the awesome ambiguity of this username:
stopscreaming wrote:Also held. No JR1. Can't decide whether that is good or not.

Also, I belong here.

Submitted 9/15
UR 9/28
JR 1 11/3
Held 1/15

Still haven't decided if I'm gonna send in an additional LOR and a LOCI. I really can't imagine turning down Stanford for Harvard, so what's the point? Eh, I don't know. I'm conflicted.

Kretzy - same boat?


Sort of. Almost certainly wouldn't turn down H for S, but I've already sent in another LOR and will be sending a LOCI this coming week. Now that my Yale app, financial aid stuff and most of my scholarship essays are done, I can't bring myself NOT to update my file.

User avatar
violaboy
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby violaboy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Went to the Registrar's office to send my transcript yesterday, and lo and behold, there's a hold on my record. Sigh, I hate my school...

User avatar
sundevil77
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:34 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby sundevil77 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:06 pm

Kretzy wrote:
crackberry wrote:I can't believe no one has commented on the awesome ambiguity of this username:
stopscreaming wrote:Also held. No JR1. Can't decide whether that is good or not.

Also, I belong here.

Submitted 9/15
UR 9/28
JR 1 11/3
Held 1/15

Still haven't decided if I'm gonna send in an additional LOR and a LOCI. I really can't imagine turning down Stanford for Harvard, so what's the point? Eh, I don't know. I'm conflicted.

Kretzy - same boat?


Sort of. Almost certainly wouldn't turn down H for S, but I've already sent in another LOR and will be sending a LOCI this coming week. Now that my Yale app, financial aid stuff and most of my scholarship essays are done, I can't bring myself NOT to update my file.


Awww, c'mon guys! Let us lowly Harvard applicants have a chance if you're just going to be turning it down :P

User avatar
PoorOrpheus
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby PoorOrpheus » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:07 pm

There are rejections going out today:
http://harvard.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... order=desc
:|

User avatar
Havaianas
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Havaianas » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:14 pm

PoorOrpheus wrote:There are rejections going out today:
http://harvard.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... order=desc
:|


Uhh they cant do that to me yet right? they just held me yesterday..... I've got at least a week?!?

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby lz06 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:16 pm

hiro86 wrote:Is there any point in sending in a LOCI if we have nothing new to say?


I'm in the same boat, I really have no idea what I would write in a LOCI..

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:18 pm

lz06 wrote:
hiro86 wrote:Is there any point in sending in a LOCI if we have nothing new to say?


I'm in the same boat, I really have no idea what I would write in a LOCI..


I feel like I should try but on the other hand, it's harvard. it's not like showing interest in going there is somehow going to help my cause.

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Kretzy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:35 pm

sundevil77 wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
crackberry wrote:I can't believe no one has commented on the awesome ambiguity of this username:
stopscreaming wrote:Also held. No JR1. Can't decide whether that is good or not.

Also, I belong here.

Submitted 9/15
UR 9/28
JR 1 11/3
Held 1/15

Still haven't decided if I'm gonna send in an additional LOR and a LOCI. I really can't imagine turning down Stanford for Harvard, so what's the point? Eh, I don't know. I'm conflicted.

Kretzy - same boat?


Sort of. Almost certainly wouldn't turn down H for S, but I've already sent in another LOR and will be sending a LOCI this coming week. Now that my Yale app, financial aid stuff and most of my scholarship essays are done, I can't bring myself NOT to update my file.


Awww, c'mon guys! Let us lowly Harvard applicants have a chance if you're just going to be turning it down :P


:oops: I am withdrawing from Michigan today though.

CordeliusX
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby CordeliusX » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:46 pm

So this doesnt apply to me with HLS but I dont see any point in a new LOR unless you get someone with a totally different p.o.v. than the others... which is rare???

User avatar
violaboy
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby violaboy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:47 pm

CordeliusX wrote:So this doesnt apply to me with HLS but I dont see any point in a new LOR unless you get someone with a totally different p.o.v. than the others... which is rare???


I'm getting one from a boss, rather than a professor. Count for anything? I hope!

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby crackberry » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:13 pm

violaboy wrote:
CordeliusX wrote:So this doesnt apply to me with HLS but I dont see any point in a new LOR unless you get someone with a totally different p.o.v. than the others... which is rare???


I'm getting one from a boss, rather than a professor. Count for anything? I hope!

Yeah my original three LORs were from professors. My new one will be from my boss.

User avatar
Havaianas
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Held By Harvard Club - 2010

Postby Havaianas » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:16 pm

CordeliusX wrote:So this doesnt apply to me with HLS but I dont see any point in a new LOR unless you get someone with a totally different p.o.v. than the others... which is rare???

Yeah I'm kinda worried about that but the only one I can get pronto is from my boss which I already kind of have...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], joezze and 15 guests