A Thread for People Who Just Need Good News

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
clwilson6

Re: A Thread for People Who Just Need Good News

Postby clwilson6 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:08 am

even2flow wrote:
WhatUpKells wrote:171/3.75. Got all of my stuff turned in back in early November, but had to wait on an LoR until December. Not a single acceptance yet. Even though I applied two months ago, I've only been complete for one, and will probably have to wait even longer...

I'm still waiting on a LOR. I gave it to him in October, and been kindly reminding him every week since. This is the only thing I'm waiting for til my apps are complete.

I suggest you start looking for a new recommender. Either this one doesn't think enough of you to concern themselves with making sure you get into a good school or is hoping that all the seats are given out before you get a complete application so you don't end up going to law school and infecting the lawyer gene pool.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:18 am

clwilson6 wrote:I suggest you start looking for a new recommender. Either this one doesn't think enough of you to concern themselves with making sure you get into a good school or is hoping that all the seats are given out before you get a complete application so you don't end up going to law school and infecting the lawyer gene pool.

Unfortunately, it's my former graduate school advisor who knows me ridiculously well, he's a bit...moody though and I don't know what his deal is lately, but his LOR is super important for my app :\

While I was there and for a while after he would continually tell me and everyone in the group how awesome he thought I was, so unless this is a plot to get me to come back I don't think it's because he doesn't like me, but I'm unsure as to what his deal is lately because he suddenly started ignoring my e-mails and phone calls...

Probably should drop by the office tonight to find out what the deal is.

albusdumbledore

Postby albusdumbledore » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:31 am

clwilson6 wrote:
oberlin08 wrote:
clwilson6 wrote:
JayTal wrote:Maybe this will help! I have a 168/3.6 and I have been deferred at my top three choices: BU, BC, and Cornell :roll:

Is that supposed to be good news for me when I applied to BU with a 151/3.23? I might as well killself now and end the misery of waiting for the rejection.

Here's some good news, Oklahoma City is enticing me with a full ride sholly. Should I take it or go to W&L at ticket price?

Are you from OKC, or at least wouldnt mind living there for the next 3+ years?

If not.. definitely go with W&L

No, I'm from Texas. Going to school in Oklahoma for a Texan is in comparison to a Catholic worshiping Satan.

Well I'm from Oklahoma and I've applied at Texas, so I know exactly what you mean.

clwilson6

Postby clwilson6 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:33 am

even2flow wrote:
clwilson6 wrote:I suggest you start looking for a new recommender. Either this one doesn't think enough of you to concern themselves with making sure you get into a good school or is hoping that all the seats are given out before you get a complete application so you don't end up going to law school and infecting the lawyer gene pool.

Unfortunately, it's my former graduate school advisor who knows me ridiculously well, he's a bit...moody though and I don't know what his deal is lately, but his LOR is super important for my app :\

While I was there and for a while after he would continually tell me and everyone in the group how awesome he thought I was, so unless this is a plot to get me to come back I don't think it's because he doesn't like me, but I'm unsure as to what his deal is lately because he suddenly started ignoring my e-mails and phone calls...

It sounds like he may be a little butthurt because you decided to pursue an area outside of your degree program. Maybe he's having an inferiority complex.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:43 am

clwilson6 wrote:
It sounds like he may be a little butthurt because you decided to pursue an area outside of your degree program. Maybe he's having an inferiority complex.

I was just talking to a friend who's still there and he thinks that might be the case. A plot to get me to come back...hmmmm. I'm trying to decide if I should go in very angry and demand an answer, or if I should casually stroll in and just ask what's up.

Edit for quote fail.

MoS

Postby MoS » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:49 am

jmhendri wrote:<--- 3 rejections and 0 waitlists OR acceptances thus far. (out of 13 apps) .....

I REALLY need some good news!

Did anyone else find the holidays hard, with the relatives asking about the news with law school over and over again?? I hated having nothing good to tell my family.

You really took a risk with the schools you applied to. I hope it works out for you, but USD would be nice place to live and I am sure you'll get in there. So that's good news.

clwilson6

Postby clwilson6 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:15 am

even2flow wrote:
clwilson6 wrote:

I was just talking to a friend who's still there and he thinks that might be the case. A plot to get me to come back...hmmmm. I'm trying to decide if I should go in very angry and demand an answer, or if I should casually stroll in and just ask what's up.

Edit for quote fail.

Going in demanding will only get you bitchslapped out of his office and a nasty recommendation letter. You probably want to stress to him how much his mentorship meant to you and how he's helped you achieve so much and that you look forward to his continued assistance. Place him in a father role and make him feel guilty for holding you back. If all else fails, you could volunteer to write the recommendation letter for him, allow him to edit and send in. This way, you get your letter, he doesn't have to come up with all of the verbage or do a lot of work and all parties are satisfied. Either way, you probably should make it clear to him that he shouldn't be made to feel that he has to do this for you but that it would mean a lot, but you need to know if he is going to do it or not. You have to give him an out.

WMCowgirl

Postby WMCowgirl » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:17 am

Well, I hate to say it but I am glad I am not the only one suffering/stressing out over the mail. One piece of good news is that having not gone Decision Made at American means that I am still in the running (since everyone who went DR 1/7 was rejected--even 170s..WOW).

We shall see how my mood is once GWU comes out with decisions on Friday... I am going to be hopeful that they will see something in me besides a low LSAT.

joshlyman

Postby joshlyman » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:38 am

i feel like im in app purgatory. ive almost stopped checking status checkers because its a sick joke. im 5 for 7 thus far but in only at my lowest
schools. im one of the self described "shlubbs" at 162 3.1 (dont mean to offend anyone with my self-loathing) and waiting on schools like American and Cardozo. Been complete since halloween its nuts.

NaiveHope

Postby NaiveHope » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:42 pm

I submitted apps and went complete Nov 2, 2009. I got my first rejection letter (Univ of Texas) on Thanksgiving...then rejection letters from UVA and Notre Dame a few days before Christmas. I go my rejection letter from my dream school ED Uchicago New Year's Eve. Got rejection letter from Boston College yesterday.

Looking for a miracle! I've got 11 more schools to go!

UF Gators

Postby UF Gators » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:57 pm

even2flow wrote:

I am going through the same shit waiting on a LOR from a former boss who knows me well, I even babysat her kids on multiple occasions. She has also recently been ignoring my phone calls and emails, grrrrrr.

mhd08

Postby mhd08 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:10 pm

I submitted almost all my apps in October/November, but because I had to wait on my December LSAT score most of my files didn't go complete until last week. Now I'm going to be stuck waiting for another 2 months or so for decisions. Ugggh I thought applying that early would work because they'd get my LSAT score and then make a decision right away because they had so long to review the rest of my app. Apparently I have no idea what I'm talking about.

2013esq

Postby 2013esq » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:04 pm

Submitted apps in mid-Nov. Been complete at most since then. Accepted at UoPacific/McGeorge in Sacramento and just got rejected from UCLA yesterday. Waiting on 20 schools. I know, I went overboard with apps but I'm hoping to only apply to law school once. 2.8/160 URM with 7+years WE.

clwilson6

Postby clwilson6 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:39 pm

2013esq wrote:Submitted apps in mid-Nov. Been complete at most since then. Accepted at UoPacific/McGeorge in Sacramento and just got rejected from UCLA yesterday. Waiting on 20 schools. I know, I went overboard with apps but I'm hoping to only apply to law school once. 2.8/160 URM with 7+years WE.

Don't feel bad. One of the only serious reach schools I applied to accepted me in less than a week of receiving my application but the schools that I should be an auto-admit haven't made a decision yet. I don't know if they're playing some kind of sick joke with my emotions or they're considering rejecting me before I get a chance to reject them.

It's like one of those old boyfriend/girlfriend thought proceses. (i.e...this relationship isn't going anywhere and I don't know if there is much of a future in it. I think I'll breakup with him/her before he gets a chance to hurt my feelings by doing it to me.) If that is the case, hurry up and break up with me already.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”